Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821555 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
RoughCut:

As i dey inside PHB jet even at cruising altitude i don dey do 'giraffe neck' for terminal for the best possible seat on Skye supersonic jet even as the jet dey for ground grin grin grin grin grin grin

Make we pray say skye bank people no dey here oh, so dem fit sell.
Some no know say TS dey,wen dem here,dem go wan vex sell,but if dem read this thread dem go wait.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
Latest Market Info
VITAFOAM: YEAR END SEPT 2007

VITAFOAM NIGERIA PLC, AUDITED RESULT FOR YEAR ENDED 30TH SEPTEMBER 2007

TURNOVER 07 N6.149b, 06 N4.060b

PBT 07 N652.284m, 06 N302.564m

TAXATION 07 (N212.970m) 06 (N27.446m)

PAT 07 N439.314m, 06 N275.118m

PROPOSED DIVIDEND 25K

CDATE 18TH FEB 2008

PDATE 21 MARCH 2008

VITAFOAM closed up 0.470 at 10.270. Volume was 1,797% above average (trending) and Bollinger Bands were 21% wider than normal.

Open High Low Close Volume___

9.800 10.290 9.310 10.270 30,740,596

Technical Outlook

Short Term: Neutral

Intermediate Term: Bullish

Long Term: Bullish

Price Trend Report:5 Moving Average: Current price is above 5-period moving average: 9.76

21 Moving Average: Current price is above 21-period moving average: 9.78

LSQ Analysis: Current price is 83% above its price trend.

Bollinger Band Analysis: Price Volatility: Increasing; Price Trend: Not in trend (probably is in sideway or reversing);

Hurst Trend Analysis: Hurst Exponent: 0.9958, current trend will continue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Indicators Report: Value Tips

RSI 43.9

MACD -0.1

CCI -1.3

DMI 29.3; 2.9

K%D 32.5; 28.5

NVI 84.5

OBV 43694.3

PVI 17.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRW Stock Forecaster:Prediction for Next Three Prices: 9.64, 9.62, 9.76

Deviation*: 0.01

interesting reading for interested fellas.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2008
blueband:

I placed an order for SkyeBank and ZenithBank and my broker has not been able to get any for me.Gave her the order last week monday.Are they that scarce?

Another issue-I have been unable to sell Lasaco twice now.When it hit 4.80kobo in early January I had a sell price of 4.40kobo yet my broker could not sell.I reduced the sell price to 4.20kobo and uptil today she has not been able to sell.When I contacted her yesterday she said something about them having many customers with Lasaco wanting to offload and it does appear preference is being given to some, is this possible?

Are you sure she doesn't think that you are retarded or you didin't get her well? or what else would make her tell you something like that? Just ask for the buy note in the first place to make sure you actually own the shares in question
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cutebabe: 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2008
This one that everyone is boarding flights and coming off anyhow, na wa.

Anyway the sky is big enough to allow all the planes to fly.

The early bird and person wey shine eye to get boarding tickets before they read this thread will win.

Once the stock is mentioned on this thread, forget o, except you buy premium ticket  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
FatherOF2:

Make we pray say skye bank people no dey here oh, so them fit sell.
Some no know say TS dey,when them here,them go wan vex sell,but if them read this thread them go wait.

Na wa o! i hope say queue to  enter the jet no go too long. Anyway me dey come thru  presidential wing sha. I wan jump on and jump off and hopefully i go land before their YE for March make i come reconnect flights  with bank PHB for the June YE flight
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2008
crazyT:

You are right, though it can be very painful sometimes.
For example I sold about 75% of my Capoil at 6.40 and ever since na up the thing dey go. See Capoil now it’s above 9 naira, although I made a killing because I bought at 0.33kobo but if I no panic a for…

A go invite you to the thanksgiving party now, but na you go pay your ticket (with PHB money) to Amsterdam o  grin

CRAZY T, pls i been wan ask u .how did u know capoil wuld be moving up, there hav been no result till date. did any of the gurus gave the hint in previous post? i rejoice with u sha! my own go soon come cheesy wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ all my gurus,

How come most of these banks with high share units are not thinking about share buybacks rather than reconstructions. They have the cash pile up to buy their stock in the open market. How come they are not entertaining this idea. This will therefore reduce number of available shares and increase EPS. What are the benefit of reconstruction compare to Share buybacks?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2008
pumping777:

Make I remind una of 2 of the golden stocks from last week. Japaul and CILeasing. Na to award them golden globe awards.

For now, these stocks require no analysis. If you did not buy your tickets at a cinema near you last week, I will have to tell you about the film. Fine actors I heard.

I have been pitching for those two since October last year

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=31554.msg1659598#msg1659598

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=52566.msg1597905#msg1597905

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=52566.msg1548766#msg1548766
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2008
RoughCut:

I have been pitching for those two since October last year

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=31554.msg1659598#msg1659598

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=52566.msg1597905#msg1597905

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=52566.msg1548766#msg1548766

Ha! As usual.

You too dey see tomorrow today grin grin grin

Make you borrow me your eye glasses small now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
@pumping?

What figures do you have for FCMB, P.E at the current price?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
yodiyokun:

@pumping?

What figures do you have for FCMB, P.E at the current price?

Forward PE of 30.56. I have included additional shares from 2007 PO including pref. shares and possible 25% over-subscription.

Total shares projected to be listed is 16.95B. Conservative projected Full year pat of 10.7B based on 5.34B half year PAT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2008
Femtex:

@ all my gurus,

How come most of these banks with high share units are not thinking about share buybacks rather than reconstructions. They have the cash pile up to buy their stock in the open market. How come they are not entertaining this idea. This will therefore reduce number of available shares and increase EPS. What are the benefit of reconstruction compare to Share buybacks?

Share buy back is not legal in Nigeria under the laws and regulations of the SEC.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
pumping777:

Forward PE of 30.56. I have included additional shares from 2007 PO including pref. shares and possible 25% over-subscription.

Total shares projected to be listed is 16.95B. Conservative projected Full year pat of 10.7B based on 5.34B half year PAT.

Hmm, Based on this information the 10B PAT is already factored into the price, except they declare a whopping 9 months results that reduces their P.E

What are the odds of that happening??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2008
pumping777:

Share buy back is not legal in Nigeria under the laws and regulations of the SEC.

Really.

@ everybody

Where can i get updated information including (past AUDITED RESULT) for quoted companies on NSE.
I have checked CASHCRAFT, doesn't seems to give me what i'm looking for.

eniyanman:

@femtex,
share buyback costs money share reconstruction doesn't (not exactly true in the real sense). share buyback is used by companies who want to return money to shareholders but want to avoid paying too much dividend, as dividends are taxed differently to capital gains (dividends are regarded as income, in the UK for example). Share reconstruction can be used to reduce or increase liquity of a stock. There are also adminstrative reasons for doing a share reconstruction.

Thanks  eniyanman
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2008
pumping777:

Have they listed the shares yet, heard it was to be listed this week?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2008
yodiyokun:

Hmm, Based on this information the 10B PAT is already factored into the price, except they declare a whopping 9 months results that reduces their P.E

What are the odds of that happening??
FCMB's forecast PAT according to their prospectus was 16 billion , so i would regard that 10 billion PAT as being too conservative.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2008
Temmie10:

FCMB's forecast PAT according to their prospectus was 16 billion , so i would regard that 10 billion PAT as being too conservative.

Temmie10 is back! grin shocked And correct! The prospectus claims N15-16B. With a 25% oversubscription and the 900M shares in GDRs, you get 16B shares and a forward PE of 20
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2008
Temmie10:

Based on current performance as per half-year results they have done ~N5.4B that gives a forward PAT of ~N10B for full-year you think the Q3 and Q4 results will make up  the shortfall of N5B which is like a black hole in their PL account. Methinks N15B is very optimistic and that was my problem with the prospectus
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2008
easimoni:

Temmie10 is back! grin shocked And correct! The prospectus claims N15-16B. With a 25% oversubscription and the 900M shares in GDRs, you get 16B shares and a forward PE of 20

I think we should wait on Q-3 results to agree with this prospectus. They must come up with PAT of at least 10B in Q-3 to make this projection more realistic.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ father of 2, I am full seated in the UAC Properties since last week at 20+
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2008
BTW, have you all downloaded  and read the Afrinvest report on the banking sector in Nigeria? A very detailed, well written and aesthetically pleasing report. Some analysts are really earning their money. Anyway, the report is very bullish on Union bank and claims they are in some sort of PP mode to raise 180B.  shocked  shocked  shocked Anyone with more concrete gist? Some yabis for GTBank and Wema Bank was not even mentioned as a mid-tier bank. Good report. Read it!

http://www.proshareng.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/afrinvest-nigeria-banking-report-2008.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2008
invisible!:

Seat Number?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2008
invisible!:

Your biscuit dey my hand oh.I dey wait.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2008
easimoni:

BTW, have you all downloaded and read the Afrinvest report on the banking sector in Nigeria? A very detailed, well written and aesthetically pleasing report. Some analysts are really earning their money. Anyway, the report is very bullish on Union bank and claims they are in some sort of PP mode to raise 180B. shocked shocked shocked Anyone with more concrete gist? Some yabis for GTBank and Wema Bank was not even mentioned as a mid-tier bank. Good report. Read it!

http://www.proshareng.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/afrinvest-nigeria-banking-report-2008.pdf

That report is 88 pages! what time you get to read am and more importantly what time do you get to sleep?

Keeping up with nairaland is a job on its own and coupled with some other things. Abeg just give us the koko in one or two paragarphs jare grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ ICONBULL

CRAZY T, please i been wan ask u .how did u know capoil wuld be moving up, there hav been no result till date. did any of the gurus gave the hint in previous post? i rejoice with u sha! my own go soon come 

It’s very funny, but Capoil happen to be one of the first stocks I bought on NSE without any knowledge of how to pick fundamentally good stocks. I bought Afroil and Capoil almost the same time for two reasons
1. because they both carries OIL as part of there names. 2. Because they were cheap and as luck will have it  they both appreciate about 3200% and 2600% respectively between 6 to 9 months.

I guess it was a welcome gift from NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2008
RoughCut:

That report is 88 pages! what time you get to read am and more importantly what time do you get to sleep?

Keeping up with nairaland is a job on its own and coupled with some other things. Abeg just give us the koko in one or two paragarphs jare grin grin grin grin

Abeg don't prove Wanjao right o, about Nigeria and books. Just print the thing, make a cup of coffee and pretend you are back in uni. Only this time your exams results will be money in bank  cheesy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
dollyp1cute:

Abeg don't prove Wanjao right o, about Nigeria and books. Just print the thing, make a cup of coffee and pretend you are back in uni. Only this time your exams results will be money in bank cheesy.

As we speak i'm on page 7 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ Pumping777

I fit talk on UNIC but make you tell me how much you take buy.

Sorry I did not see that you've replied to my question.

She bought it at 4.20 and the UNHOMES at 7.70
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
easimoni:

I have learned not to be too conservative about banks, they are capable of what some would call magic grin
Meanwhile that 88 pages i cannot read today o, but i have been keeping tabs on Union Bank too and i quite like what i see (for long term sha not exactly cico on this one)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
easimoni:

BTW, have you all downloaded  and read the Afrinvest report on the banking sector in Nigeria? A very detailed, well written and aesthetically pleasing report. Some analysts are really earning their money. Anyway, the report is very bullish on Union bank and claims they are in some sort of PP mode to raise 180B.  shocked  shocked  shocked Anyone with more concrete gist? Some yabis for GTBank and Wema Bank was not even mentioned as a mid-tier bank. Good report. Read it!

Nice report but things have changed since then. Report was prepared in December with November data. With new developments some of the conclusions/deductions are already overtaken by events.

As per the UBN bit, not sure they got CBN approval for the placement. That's reponsible for the lull. Even at that, UBN's problem is more than money. They need new management to turn the bank around. Unfortunately, the change is being resisted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
RoughCut:

Based on current performance as per half-year results they have done ~N5.4B that gives a forward PAT of ~N10B for full-year you think the Q3 and Q4 results will make up  the shortfall of N5B which is like a black hole in their PL account. Methinks N15B is very optimistic and that was my problem with the prospectus

easimoni:

Ok sha - the consensus is they have to perform wonderfully well in their 3rd quarter to even come close to meeting that optimistic projection.
Well they may not release their 9 months if it is in line with the half year performance and wait for full year result.

Which ever way - its a gamble abi ok lets see if they will list their shares this week I seriously doubt that.

Has the allottment even been published - my bad if it has - dint buy the PO so havent been following it.

GTB yabiing?? na wa ooo. lets wait for full year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
@father of 2, i dey seat 4 jare, as one long legged air hostess come dey talk with me na so i no collect my bicuit from ya hand.

Look behind you na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.