Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,328 members, 7,929,047 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 08:17 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (830932 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
windywendy:

Hmmmm, you say "katakata", I say "opportunity!!!" grin grin. Doesn't this story sound very similar to the Afribank one? For all those wanting to sell their Wema, i'm buying at N5 a piece up from my previous N2 bid grin grin grin

I'll take u up on that offer if you increase it to 8.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
easimoni:

I'll take u up on that offer if you increase it to 8.

With all the massive offers on the dance floor, coupled with the never-ending bad press, I'll soon be reducing it to N3. So you better put aside the shakara and sell now at N5 grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ All,

Wema will survive. It may just take time. Know that once spring bank is out of the woods/forest/jungle, the share go be hot cake and imagine it being suspended at N5. Currently the cheapest.

Wema is still a good bank and will weather the storm.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2008
Please if anybody have the list of final allotment for international breweries p.o,let's have it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2008
windywendy:

Hmmmm, you say "katakata", I say "opportunity!!!"  grin grin. Doesn't this story sound very similar to the Afribank one? For all those wanting to sell their Wema, i'm buying at N5 a piece up from my previous N2 bid   grin grin grin

You just got yourself a deal! shall we shake hands on it? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2008
RoughCut:

You just got yourself a deal! shall we shake hands on it? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes of course!! Who's your broker grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2008
windywendy:

UBAS. r u serious?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2008
@

100kg of WEMA Needed @ N5. Any sellers?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

@EBONY9JA

i need deep cap to buy please can you forward me your details so i can contact you please thanx

abeg reply me now i see say you dey on line
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2008
windywendy:

Naa not a good deal sad sad sad sad dey go airport now yarn later
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Roughcut

I am sure you're having a laff. u seriously don't use UBAS. if you do, it explains why I never get a look in with my chicken change. I've told them where to go anyway
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
na wa for unaoooooo. easimoni, roughcut, make una no lose hope with wema, hold it for a year more, it cant take much of ur portfolios
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

@fatherof2,pumpin,wanajo,roughcut ,invisible and all

how you dey for all your places hope say this wind no dey trouble you for your zone or snow if you dey china!i beg what is your thought on deap cap and ikeja hotel at their current price please and i need to re invest my dangote returned money on penny stocks as they did fantastically well and made great returns (even MADAM NSE TALK AM) !please any suggestions for PENNY STOCKS? i beg no keep me waiting oooooooooooo! your boy wey wait on you!
fatherof2 and all! na waoooo
cutism don dey rise fro this forum i sent this message since no one suggest anything if na OLOLUFEMI and the other CULT MEMBERS grin grin grin  una go do reply/!SAY because I BE KID?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

cutism don dey rise fro this forum i sent this message since no one suggest anything if na OLOLUFEMI and the other CULT MEMBERS grin grin grin una go do reply/!SAY because I BE KID?

Chei, see blackmail shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
windywendy:

Chei, see blackmail shocked shocked shocked

even you self wey i think sey you be woman and you go be approachable see as you dey ignore me dey run past go reply ololufemi!is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Roughcut

I am serious, I use UBAS as well, shall we get the deal deal rolling. I only need 100kg. I know u r joking anyway
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

even you self wey i think sey you be woman and you go be approachable see as you dey ignore me dey run past go reply ololufemi!is not fair!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok o, when you pay me I go reply you. I charge $2k per hour.

Seriously, isn't it ebony9ja you want? wetin concern me inside?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hello to all,

I've just read the last 20 pages and I have to say I'm impressed. I thought there were only a few people who knew the earning potential of the NSE but I have to say I was wrong. Anyway I just have to say a good job well done to all the contributors on this forum especially the gurus.  I am no expert but your comments and fundamental analyses always leave me in awe I have always been a technical guy myself.

Now here's my own 2 kobo; I am a long term investor who is not adverse to some RIRO to use your slangs but I am still skeptical about how effective some fundamental analyses are good at catching break outs and quick movementsI believe most people here are out to maximize profit short to medium term. As someone said "sentiment is king" in the NSE. How else can you justify over-subscription of companies like NACHO? The are not a monopoly although I believe their only other competitor is SACHOL, their fundamentals are not even good or maybe I'm reading the wrong end of year reports and let's not even talk about the management team. So in humble opinion very very humble at that I agree because someone also echoed this before when looking to maximize profits in the NSE in addition to fundamentals we should seriously look out for news, industry trends and rregulationsas well as especially dividend payouts, bonuses etc, Believe me some there are some big boys out there who are always looking for dividends payouts and these guys move prices no matter how many shares the quoted company has. Although I am not saying anything new that most people on this forum don't know I just felt I should stress that out.

Meanwhile I love the recommendations given in this thread and it feels good to hear hear confirmations from guru especially about the insurance stocks when I am already in them. I differ on some though but perhaps my problem is I don't know what is short-term and long-term as regards this thread. Maybe I'll find that out later from the gurus. wink

My post is already to long so I'll probably talk about some technical analysis in aadditionto information trading later when my boss stops looking over my shoulder.

See you guys later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 5:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
Even that time when TOBI no dey well i put prayer for here BUT MAY BE because NA for muslim style no one cared  EVEN AKTOPGUN  no recognise!at the end of the day NA SAME GOD WE dey WORSHIP AND IF I SEE BIN-LADEN 4 WHERE HE HIDE I GO SHOUT FOR WORLD MAKE DEM BRING BOMB COME HIS SIDE  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2008
About International Breweries PO,

Sterling capital published it in the papers last week. Check their website.

From what I saw, it was crap.

If you applied for above 2000 units, na maybe 50% u go get or it was even less than that.

Crappy POs.

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2008
windywendy:

Ok o, when you pay me I go reply you. I charge $2k per hour.

Seriously, isn't it ebony9ja you want? wetin concern me inside?

but my message was for ALL !see as mighty woman dey fire kid back !you wey i dey respect for afar sey you be the mama of the nairalanders you wan come dey charge millions !i no dey any of your rockets just dey learn my trade! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2008
[May be one of the  dark horses for '08

Projected PAT N3.32bn, N7.27 bn and N9.10bn in 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively. Worth mulling over i would say. On my watchlist till after the stock has come off TS. Anybody with the financials please holla! I'm talking about NSL

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3544

If they truly plan on doing an IPO is March and teh stock keeps chalking 5% daily, the price will be over N37.00 in the first week of March
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

cutism don dey rise fro this forum i sent this message since no one suggest anything if na OLOLUFEMI and the other CULT MEMBERS grin grin grin  una go do reply/!SAY because I BE KID?

Cool it na? na fight tongue

First of all - have you read the last 20 pages of this thread ? many "penny stocks" have been mentioned

ABC
C&I leasing
UTC
Ag leventis
Ikeja Hotels
First Aluminium and others in that sector
Dunlop
Etc

Anything below N16 ---

But the decision has to be yours - no one can say for sure any stocks outcome.
In addition, entry matters.

Most of these stocks I listed above have already left the busstop - You have to determine if you have enough risk apetite to go in now in spite of their rise in the last few weeks - can they continue to soar or they dip --- no one knows.

Also you did not metion whether you are a fundamentalist or taliban - are you using borrowed funds or your savings?
what is your time frame?

All these are necessary information for anybody to talk na haba

look at the 40M naira guy -- he gave us information to work with and look at the number of responses he generated and he na newbie poster on this site.

So lay it down for the peeps here , ask politely and then wait because people here dey busy oooo, this no be them full time job.

For instance, if you have taken time to read the last 20 pages you will notice F02 is busy, so is pumping and Wanaj0.

We no be aake or black mamba members ooo?

No let EFCC come carry us oooo grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

Even that time when TOBI no dey well i put prayer for here BUT MAY BE because NA for muslim style no one cared EVEN AKTOPGUN no recognise!at the end of the day NA SAME GOD WE dey WORSHIP AND IF I SEE BIN-LADEN 4 WHERE HE HIDE I GO SHOUT FOR WORLD MAKE DEM BRING BOMB COME HIS SIDE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do not even go there at all angry

I said don't go there again oooo, you hear me.

Remember rule No1 - Mutual Respect.

Who knows anyone's religious inclination here - Please do not bring that in. I resent it patapata.

In this thread, We are cautious the way we address each other - We respect each others opinions and time.

So please obey the code of conduct.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:18pm On Feb 01, 2008
hispy99:

If they truly plan on doing an IPO is March and the stock keeps chalking 5% daily, the price will be over N37.00 in the first week of March

NSL will stop gaining 5% daily sometime next week. I expect.

Oxford kid, we don discuss Ikeja and Deap to the point of exhaustion. So tay, Yodi dey vex for me self. Both were buys but have taken off. Enter now at your peril. Me, I dey look Trans Nationwide, Red Star, Nascon and some others that will stay nameless  tongue I dey fear una.

Shig, mind Wendy jo. I no fit sell for 5. But I don tire for the Wema bank self. Since Jan 12, 2007 I don dey buy the shares. By far the longest I've held any stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
THANX MA!
yodiyokun:

Cool it na? na fight tongue

First of all - have you read the last 20 pages of this thread ? many "penny stocks" have been mentioned

ABC
C&I leasing
UTC
Ag leventis
Ikeja Hotels
First Aluminium and others in that sector
Dunlop
Etc

Anything below N16 ---

But the decision has to be yours - no one can say for sure any stocks outcome.
In addition, entry matters.

Most of these stocks I listed above have already left the busstop - You have to determine if you have enough risk apetite to go in now in spite of their rise in the last few weeks - can they continue to soar or they dip --- no one knows.

Also you did not metion whether you are a fundamentalist or taliban - are you using borrowed funds or your savings?
what is your time frame?

All these are necessary information for anybody to talk na haba

look at the 40M naira guy -- he gave us information to work with and look at the number of responses he generated and he na newbie poster on this site.

So lay it down for the peeps here , ask politely and then wait because people here dey busy oooo, this no be them full time job.

For instance, if you have taken time to read the last 20 pages you will notice F02 is busy, so is pumping and Wanaj0.

We no be aake or black mamba members ooo?

No let EFCC come carry us oooo grin

i dey look long term on them ma,just had my money returned from that yeye ALHAJi for his gari PO and the thing vex me !i was just asking if it is still ok ot enter ikeja hotel or deapcap for monday !that na why i dey smell rat for the way  i was being ignored on this thread !no mean am just did it cos i know say you go wan reply quick! THANX SOOOO MUCH

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
oxfordkid:

Even that time when TOBI no dey well i put prayer for here BUT MAY BE because NA for muslim style no one cared  EVEN AKTOPGUN  no recognise!

You know how many people prayed for him/Tobi. Make him begin recognise everybody one-by-one? Or na because of recognition u dey pray? Leave that one. You prayed and na only God dey recognize/answer prayers. On behalf of Aktopgun, thanks for your prayers.  tongue

Oya, wetin make we buy? I dey compose email to my account officer as we speak.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
ok got to side track?

Anyone watch the obama clinton debate yesterday??

What the was that a debate or a conversation?

Oh but that last question the winning ticket is clinton/obama team  - they will make history and beat Mccain flat.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2008
I dey look long term on them ma,just had my money returned from that yeye ALHAJi for his gari PO and the thing vex me !i was just asking if it is still ok ot enter ikeja hotel or deapcap for monday !that na why i dey smell rat for the way  i was being ignored on this thread !no mean am just did it because i know say you go wan reply quick! THANX SOOOO MUCH!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by erujeje: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2008
Pheeple,
This thread is da bomb!
Plze keep it up y'all!
I hear IGI is coming to the market soon. Anyone knows what price it will be listed?
Peace and God bless.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2008
yodiyokun:

Do not even go there at all angry

I said don't go there again oooo, you hear me.

Remember rule No1 - Mutual Respect.

Who knows anyone's religious inclination here - Please do not bring that in. I resent it patapata.

In this thread, We are cautious the way we address each other - We respect each others opinions and time.

So please obey the code of conduct.

i no DISRESPECT nobody na just my opinion oooo as i have been ignored too much  BUT NOW I DEY ENJOY  as people dey reply i no fit lie to you grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Twy: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2008
Any advice on Thomas Wyatt or the industry? I read some compelling reasons to buy here and I just want further verification of the potency of the stock within the next one year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.