Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822610 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 12:04am On Feb 08, 2008
@Nicklee (m)

hey folks,

What about those that bought same First Bank, from a branch of a local bank in Nigeria? Would they have to go to the same branch of the same bank for their refunds?

And to Dangote Flour refunds? I bought through a branch of one of the local banks in Nigeria. Would I need to go to the bank for my cheque?

Many thanks.

Wanaj0, Fof2, Easimoni, WindyWendy, et al well done for a very useful thread. PLease I need your help. I seem to have missed the answer to this question can anyone help please. How do i get refund on Dangote Flour since I bought directly for GTB. Is there anyone in a similar situation who has got a refund? It seems everyone who has got a refund has got it via their Brokeris that correct?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:23am On Feb 08, 2008
yodiyokun:

Look this people ooo.

FCMB no do anybody favour ke that mean plenty people no subscribe for the offer - thats all.

If they received 400% subscription, they will have returned money like the others !!

So maybe it was just 140% subscribed and they could absorb 25% over subscrition so they returned 15% simple maths.

The only wa for you to get full allocation is for the offer not to be crazily oversubscribed.

Still - no P.O for me, even if them dash me.

No more PO for me because I have now got to my limit. I played safe with FCMB and bought only 20k units!!! If only I had known. Anyway, I hope Platinum's PO plays out the same way since I put a lot more into this. You know market woment don't know banks like FCMB and maybe Platinum. grin

Not market women PO like First Bank and Dangote Flour grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 1:18am On Feb 08, 2008
Etin:

@Nicklee (m)

Wanaj0, Fof2, Easimoni, WindyWendy, et al well done for a very useful thread. PLease I need your help. I seem to have missed the answer to this question can anyone help please. How do i get refund on Dangote Flour since I bought directly for GTB. Is there anyone in a similar situation who has got a refund? It seems everyone who has got a refund has got it via their Brokeris that correct?

I had a similar issue with returned money from May&Baker PO. They mailed a letter and cheque (via registered post) to the address I gave on the application form. It took all of three months to sort it out. Meanwhile, those who applied via stockbrokers got the money credited back to their stock accounts in a very short time.

You could try contacting the registrars for Dangote Flour to see if you can pick up your cheque directly from them.

Good Luck.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 1:48am On Feb 08, 2008
@ALL

RE:FIRST BANK'S PROJECTILE MOTION FORWARD.

My theory as to why First bank would quickly move up in price despite expected onslaught from profit-taking activities of PO participants now armed with their certificates,is a simple one:   . . . .There would be no onslaught of profit-taking.And so,no resultant drop in price.

No onslaught of profit-taking,for explainable reasons as follows:

That,by far the larger proportion of stocks bought at the PO belong to mainly two categories namely,

1)Deep-pocketed institutionals.

2)The Toms,the Dicks sorry,no pun intended and the Harrys of many Nigerian House-holds.

And that,both categories in general,are not likely to rush-off and sell since on the one hand(Deep-pocketed institutions) these are largely medium to long-term believers(e.g.Foreing investors-long-term belief in the company,is why they participate most times). . .and on the other hand(Toms,Dicks and Harrys) these don't usually know exactly what to do when they receive the certs,anyway tongue  tongue  tongue.

Note that I didn't say foreign investors constitute the majority of Deep-pocket institutional investors.They are infact much fewer amongst the deep-pockets,thanks to the NSE directive.I only emphasised the likely attitude of deep-pocket institutions by mentioning these foreing contributors.

My take prayer,anyways.

Lord,answereth  grin  grin  grin.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 2:11am On Feb 08, 2008
. . . . . . Then of course there was my "no false starts" a.k.a."no jumping the gun" THEORY

I'm talking First bank,UBA and Zenith.

It's as if institutional peeps wouldn't buy one at a relatively higher price than the other.Makes sense,really if you think about it:

Why by a UBA and keep buying when the price is pushed-up(pushed-up,for the very reason of the institutional bid),when you might do better to buy a lower-priced Zenith at TSed price or immediately after TS lift-off. . . or when you can position for a big-time First bank buy when still low.Still low for the reason of caution to buy a stock yet un-proven by the then yet unreleased Q3(Deep pockets who spend heavy,are always careful to wait on proof of performance.Now First bank's Q3 is released.Proven itself.Deep pockets now happy to off-load big-time).Off-load cash,that is.

And so UBA wouldn't rise for sake of better price-deal seen in its mates. . . . .till the other two(Zenith,First bank) catch-up.

Hence,my three horse-race with no false starts,analogy. . . .

Just my conspiracy theory  cool  cool  cool.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbanbajo(m): 5:26am On Feb 08, 2008
Respect to all members of the house; especially easimoni, pumping777, yodiyokun, debenz.

[size=18pt]1. DO YOU CONSIDER NASCON A GOOD BUY NOW?
2. IF YES, SUGGEST A PRICE CAP WITHIN WHICH I MUST HAVE ENTERED
3. WHAT ARE ITS PROSPECTS?

CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH,
[/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:38am On Feb 08, 2008
Etin:

@Nicklee (m)

If you apply through a broker, the brokers will likely COLLECT the return money on your behalf most especially if you have a brokerage account with them. The incentive for them is that the money will likely be retained in your account with them. They normally go to the registrar to physically collect it on your behalf going with the schedule of the list of names of people that they submitted the applications for.

However, the norm is for the registrar to mail the refund warrant to the address stated on your application form subjected to a maximum ammount fixed by the registrar to the offer. Anything above that, you get a letter by mail asking you to visit the registrar to collect your returned cheque.

If you are in the country, just pay a visit to the registrar of the offer and explain to them. If it is First Registrars (they are the best as far as I am concerned), get their by 8.00am. If not you may spend too much time before getting someone to attend to you.

Goingforward, for those outside the country, you can use the address of your broker as your address especially if the broker is a corporate entity. Just put your mails in care of (c/o) the broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2008
@Wanajo
Will like to know if you have any info on Transexpress, i bought during the week at N6.65 and will like to know if its a good entry point
I jumped out of Livestock feeds as adviced at N6.20 on monday and entered Transexpress with the proceed
I am actually looking at a 6months to 1 year range here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2008
Rising price of gas fires BOC Gas stock by 360 percent
06 February, 2008 12:00:00 GODFREY OBIOMA
Font size:
Investors who bought the share of BOC Gas and held on to it for one year have reaped 360 percent in capital appreciation as the stock traded N18.59 February 4, up from N4.05 per share February 8, 2007.

This follows the rise in the price of coking and industrial gas which are part of the company's products . The 12kg cylinder gas which was priced at about N2,000 in the past currently sells at N7.00.
In 10 months ending March 4, 2008. the stock gained 92.39 percent with the price rising from N4.05 February 8, to N7.80 November 2, 2007. Although the association of gas manufacturers recently agreed to bring down the price to N2,500, the price of the stock has remained upbeat. In three months, it appreciated by 138.3 percent.
There are indications that the upward trend would continue as the company's interim result for the half year ended march 31, 2007 shows increase in turnover from N628.31 million during the same period in 2006 to N714.5 million as profit after tax grew to 83.2 million from N67.25 million.
BOC Gas is one of the low priced stocks that have made many investors rich on the stock market. Apart from capital gain, the company has done well in terms of earnings. It reporterd earning per share of 33 kobo in 2005. By the quarter ending January 2008, it earned 4, kobo per share, out of which it paid 18 kobo dividend per share. Investors are likely to realize their initial invested capital in about 28 years as the price earning ratio was 28.56 times.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by OOLUSEG(m): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2008
@ all
pls does anyone know how i can cantact the DANGOTE FLOUR registrar, possibly through their phone numbers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:43am On Feb 08, 2008
aktopgun:
@fof2

correction sir, no be me u dey talk. i no too involve myself in the discussion on bottoming out for oceanic, i held my peace and "hid in the bush" as u say, i struck at the dead of night, killed the pilot and flight crew and hijacked the plane.
not to worry, i get some flight experience and i wont crash    

Hahahahahahahah, anytime i hear aktopgun, i think of only TOM CRUISE. Since you're (ak) (also known) topgun. I trust you on that one.hahaha cheesy cheesy.

yodiyokun]
Father of 2

Please explain the IEI drama further oooo.

I am yet to dump my diamond - the thing dey vex me walahi. It just refused to get to 25%, haba. na

[/quote]

No worry sister, Diamond go respond soon. Just patient small.

On IEI, the way i see am na like this.
Though they have reconstructed, total value remains the same, shares reduce but price goes up to balance up.
Right now all the insurance stocks are in record territory.They've almost  ALL beaten their previous year highs, except IEI in relative terms.
Its previous high was N3.55.It went on TS at N2.06 and came out at N6.12 or so. Now its collegues like Equity, Staco which also have a large volume of outstanding shares are all talking N5 now  but they still haven't reconstructed. IEI did so with 3 for 1. Now its current price is N7.22 which for me translates to N7.22/3= N2.40 (value if recobnstruction did not take place). So i believe it has to reach and breach its previous year high pre- reconstruction, which will now make a fair value of
at least N3.55 * 3= N10.65. Now when we add the sentiment which is currently pervading the insurance sector, i expect it to push to at least N4 * 3= N12.00.

Kpineo:
@Father of 2
Ejected from AIRPHB today, still need confirmation from broker. Which plane dey runway ready for take off.

Ahhh, me no eject oh, na me and that plane go land, even if na bush we go land. If my N32 no nak, i no go sell oh. My N32 must to NAK.

I still think CCNN still dey run way sha.

As Roughcut talk, SKYE BANK for good, but you don see the crowd for boarding Gate shocked shocked. Dem plenty oh.

Nascon dey ok. You're in safe zone. It can't go worse than N16. Its compass is set for only one direction right now. Its just to wait make bus come carry you go airport.

[quote author=ty_ademolu:

@Fatherof2

Can I still enter equity assurance?

Eh normally i no dey advice entering stock when e don dey move like this oh.I know all this insurance dey in a hot race to reach some particular figures.
I can't really tell you to go in as its running and running. But if you must go in at all,just enter when in tries to reset itself with some two or three day drops and power back up again,because now,bid is still high,people no go wan sell.But no stay too long if you manage enter oh. (TS scare).
But generally i'll suggest make you wait,all this bull bull when dey stampede everywhere so, them need to stop to drink water.Na den you go enter their back before them continue again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:48am On Feb 08, 2008
@ oolesegu
try this number 01-2713300. Nna na wah for your name i think say na Baba Iyabo join us. Lol.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:53am On Feb 08, 2008
@ All Gurus
Just received phone call from my Broker Dangote flour certificate are Ready. Let everybody try get his own sharp-sharp.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:58am On Feb 08, 2008
@ father of 2
me too i dont tire with dis diamond movement, ebi like se na woman with pregnant. That My Roll Royce we i go buy na you go sit at owners quaner. lol!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Rising price of gas fires BOC Gas stock by 360 percent
06 February, 2008 12:00:00 GODFREY OBIOMA
Font size:
Investors who bought the share of BOC Gas and held on to it for one year have reaped 360 percent in capital appreciation as the stock traded N18.59 February 4, up from N4.05 per share February 8, 2007.

This follows the rise in the price of coking and industrial gas which are part of the company's products . The 12kg cylinder gas which was priced at about N2,000 in the past currently sells at N7.00.
In 10 months ending March 4, 2008. the stock gained 92.39 percent with the price rising from N4.05 February 8, to N7.80 November 2, 2007. Although the association of gas manufacturers recently agreed to bring down the price to N2,500, the price of the stock has remained upbeat. In three months, it appreciated by 138.3 percent.
There are indications that the upward trend would continue as the company's interim result for the half year ended march 31, 2007 shows increase in turnover from N628.31 million during the same period in 2006 to N714.5 million as profit after tax grew to 83.2 million from N67.25 million.
BOC Gas is one of the low priced stocks that have made many investors rich on the stock market. Apart from capital gain, the company has done well in terms of earnings. It reporterd earning per share of 33 kobo in 2005. By the quarter ending January 2008, it earned 4, kobo per share, out of which it paid 18 kobo dividend per share. Investors are likely to realize their initial invested capital in about 28 years as the price earning ratio was 28.56 times.

This is just not true!!! Cooking gas price and BOC??

stanchuks:

@Wanajo
Will like to know if you have any info on Transexpress, i bought during the week at N6.65 and will like to know if its a good entry point
I jumped out of Livestock feeds as adviced at N6.20 on monday and entered Transexpress with the proceed
I am actually looking at a 6months to 1 year range here

I stopped following TransExpress since madam MyPeace decided to hoard the shares. At N6.00, it does not meet my investment criteria again.

That said, I expect the company to do well. So don't worry.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 9:11am On Feb 08, 2008
FatherOF2:

As Roughcut talk, SKYE BANK for good, but you don see the crowd for boarding Gate shocked shocked. Dem plenty oh.

Ha ha FO2 i don get short-cut to beat the crowd wey dey boarding gate for that one o! Me dey talk am say i wan purchase sidley-hawker executive jet but as God don bless me reach beyond means i have decided to upgrade to Gulf-Stream executive jet so no more queing at the boarding gate grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na executive wing i dey take enter plane now. Me don dey stock up on that one before dey go park the jet for TS Hangar

When the jet ready for take-off na so me go just land for tarmac in my Gulf-stream exec jet na quick quick dey go usher me inside the jet  grin grin grin

Na so  [size=16pt]NSL[/size] come lease my private jet from me and as na me get am now i no dey on board physically but my luggage wey i dey accumulate dey inside everywhere at least i fit put my luggage anywhere me  i like no be so? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 9:24am On Feb 08, 2008
@Naijadr
did anyone receive an email from FBN regarding PO? The email came to address I had on my application

subject:   Notification of FirstBank Share Application Status

Good day Sir,

Please find below an update on our share offer for your information and further action.

ALLOTMENT

The offer was grossly oversubscribed; hence only applications for up to 10,000 units were fully allotted.

RETURNED MONEY WARRANT

Further to the above, we are in custody of your returned money warrant. You (or an authorised person) can reach the undersigned for collection or advice account number into which the warrant can be lodged on your behalf (please note that we are not authorised to lodge warrants into third party accounts).

INTEREST ON RETURNED MONEY

We are paying interest on returned monies at an annualised rate of 5% for the period starting from September 10, 2007 to November 05, 2007. The interest warrants are being issued by the Registrars and will be dispatched to the address on your application form in due course.

SHARE CERTIFICATE

The Registrars have further confirmed that your share certificate has been dispatched to the address on your application form.

Once again, thank you for investing in FirstBank and do feel free to contact us for further clarification or assistance.

Kind regards,

I received the same email but I believe it's belated. my refund was credited early last month.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 9:34am On Feb 08, 2008
@baba mi of 3.

From your post it seems like IEI would be one of the best insurance stocks to buy now since it has not appreciated as other insurance stocks.

Also NASCON has not broken through the 50 RSI, so I think Ill wait a little before entry.

If I cant get skye bank on the secondary market, I think Ill pick up some PO, and probably some when the bull run wears off.

What do you think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2008
@Gudchoice
Quote from: son5070 on Yesterday at 09:41:37 PM
FCMB PO FROM CSL Stockbrokers Ltd

1,000 - 999,999 (97,433 applicants) - 100% allotted.
1,000,000 - 4,999,999 (266 applicants) - 90% allotted.
5,000,000 - 299,999,999 (112 applicants) - 85% allotted.
300,000,000 - 749,999,999 (3 applicants) - 30.77% allotted.
750,000,000 and above (3 applicants) - 5.20% allotted.

Total allotment = 4,505,797,259 units

Is this true? You mean if I had  applied for 1 million units, I would have got it  

If this is so, then FCMB was a much better offer than all recent offers put together!

My interpretation is that people still don't trust the bank. they believe it's still owned "100%" by Otunba but the fact is that his family's ownership has been whittled down to 30% or under.

this is good for those of us on the flight as total outstanding will be increased to only 14b - reasonable in this sector imho! Hope they land a good q3 result sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:46am On Feb 08, 2008
But generally i'll suggest make you wait,all this bull bull when dey stampede everywhere so, them need to stop to drink water.Na den you go enter their back before them continue again.

Fatherof2,

My exact sentiments. I don look tire my eye don nearly burst for oppourtunity. I go siddon wait make dem stop to drink water. Dem fit dey very heavy after that sef. At least person fit see oppourtunity to enter.

Meanwhile thanks for your posts. They are always a source of laughther and packed with serious money making ideas.

cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2008
igbanbajo:

Respect to all members of the house; especially easimoni, pumping777, yodiyokun, debenz.

[size=18pt]1. DO YOU CONSIDER NASCON A GOOD BUY NOW?
2. IF YES, SUGGEST A PRICE CAP WITHIN WHICH I MUST HAVE ENTERED
3. WHAT ARE ITS PROSPECTS?

CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH,
[/size]

Well based on d RSI plus the fact say d price low plus the fact say fatherof2 don talk am, enter ooooo! Me I enter today hopefully.

I actually bought at 22 initially and sold off in anger but thanks to this forum I have decided to enter and make back my profit by hook or by crook. They have a very good second qtr result but also sentiment I think(please correct me if I am wrong) go follow this stock.

Thank you fof2,wanajo,windywendy,pumping etc for helping me research more on how the market works. I have you all to thank even for what has happened in the last 3monhts. I consider them the best 3months so far in the NSE.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2008
@yodiyokun

I concur. I still have not gotten over 1st Bank. I took the UBA share plus so I could use part of it to buy 1st Bank. Thank God I changed my mind from 100,000 to 50,000 units. Meanwhile, I never see returned funds neither have I seen certificate.

UBA says there are some missing names and are reconciling with the registrars. Meanwhile interest dey mount.( Anyway, I consider this my own contribution wey never yield anything). Na God go help person.

So for me and my household, no more IPO,PO,PP etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2008
My own little contribution to NASCON.

Interesting Wedge (wedgie)  smiley forming in NASCON. You could enter now i.e. everytime it bounces on the bottom trendline. I normally wait till breaks the wedgie too make sure the trend has started but then you would loose maximum possible gains and besides it's was too difficult getting into Dunlop this week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2008
nascon

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by olajidesam(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2008
good day,i have some share to sell,if there is any body that deal in stock,please contact me on GSM no 08055414255 olajide.thank u.also the fellow will help in trading on other share depending on it rate or commission.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2008
Gudchoice:

After the Doji pattern on the candlesticks yesterday, it was 50-50 which way oceanic would go but now it has gone positive. RSI Above 50 line and MACD over its reference line (EXP-9).

@ TopGun - How can you tell from the charts that there were no buyers, but only sellers? I am yet to understand the exponential readings from charts, similar to what you posted above. What do these figures tell you?

@gudchoice, what i mean is that buyers controlled the price from first trade to the last trade. U see, the kind of candlestick cutix showed yesterday is called a MARUBOZU (japanese name), no mind thename jare.

what it means is that the high for the day was the closing price and the low for the day was the opening price ie high price=closing price and low price=opening price for the day's trades. On nigerian securities.com, they use the color green to denote days that the opening price is lower than the closing price and red for the days the closing price is less than the opening price. if the colour of the candlestick hab been red and the opening price equals the highest price for the day while the closing price was the lowest for the day, then that would have meant the sellers were in control of the trades from the first trade to the last trade.

so in summary Marubozu can be of 2 types, called brothers.
brother 1 is green (using nigeriansecurities.com color code) which is good and means the buyers are in control
brother 2 is red which is not so good and means sellers are in control

hope this is helpful for the techies on here. am learning more everyday. mixing it up with all the other little gems of info i've learned on this extermely beneficial forum. probably the best investment decision i made in 2007 u know, to join this forum.

i holla
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2008
aktopgun:

@gudchoice, what i mean is that buyers controlled the price from first trade to the last trade. You see, the kind of candlestick cutix showed yesterday is called a MARUBOZU (japanese name), no mind thename jare.

what it means is that the high for the day was the closing price and the low for the day was the opening price ie high price=closing price and low price=opening price for the day's trades. On nigerian securities.com, they use the color green to denote days that the opening price is lower than the closing price and red for the days the closing price is less than the opening price. if the colour of the candlestick hab been red and the opening price equals the highest price for the day while the closing price was the lowest for the day, then that would have meant the sellers were in control of the trades from the first trade to the last trade.

brother 1 is green (using nigeriansecurities.com color code) which is good and means the buyers are in control

hope this is helpful for the techies on here. am learning more everyday. mixing it up with all the other little gems of info i've learned on this extermely beneficial forum. probably the best investment decision i made in 2007 u know, to join this forum.

i holla

Good analysis and I love that Japanese name that I still can't pronounce  grin grin

I just wanted to comment that both "brothers" can be good or bad, depending on if you are a buyer or a seller. Of course I understand that with a green bar for instance, it should mean that the price will continue to rise. We should then expect to start seeing different opening and closing prices as the momentum slows until there is  a turn around.

However, we can use the halt in movement of Platinum, Zenith and even First Bank in recent weeks to infer that sometimes on the NSE, even though a stock opened and closed high today, it could still end up losing tomorrow. Strange but true.  I call it sudden "You"-Turn Marubozu style grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:18am On Feb 08, 2008
aktopgun:

@gudchoice, what i mean is that buyers controlled the price from first trade to the last trade. You see, the kind of candlestick cutix showed yesterday is called a MARUBOZU (japanese name), no mind thename jare.

i holla

Thanks aktopgun, I keep learning everyday, just that work won't allow one to read as much. But I'll try and get back to the books and investopedia. You know the way it is with medics, intermittent consultations and stuff
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:38am On Feb 08, 2008
@upward

my brother, i feel u jare. me sef na in between patients i take write that one. e no easy. wifey don dey complain sef say na so-so stock i just dey yarn nowadays no too focus on anything else. omo na beg i begin beg o cheesy cheesy cheesy.

it can be time consuming but worth it. at least if anything i can follow the gist on nairaland abi cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2008
pumping777:

Good analysis and I love that Japanese name that I still can't pronounce  grin grin

I just wanted to comment that both "brothers" can be good or bad, depending on if you are a buyer or a seller. Of course I understand that with a green bar for instance, it should mean that the price will continue to rise. We should then expect to start seeing different opening and closing prices as the momentum slows until there is  a turn around.

However, we can use the halt in movement of Platinum, Zenith and even First Bank in recent weeks to infer that sometimes on the NSE, even though a stock opened and closed high today, it could still end up losing tomorrow. Strange but true.  I call it sudden "You"-Turn Marubozu style grin grin

point noted pumping777. thanks. i had hoped it would have been self explanatory in my post but thanks a lot for pointing it out.

keep ur head up. sure u'll come out with a lot more dosh to invest after its all said and done cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2008
aktopgun:

@upward

my brother, i feel u jare. me sef na in between patients i take write that one. e no easy. wifey don dey complain sef say na so-so stock i just dey yarn nowadays no too focus on anything else. omo na beg i begin beg o cheesy cheesy cheesy.

it can be time consuming but worth it. at least if anything i can follow the gist on nairaland abi cheesy

@aktopgun,
My brother, one has to apply a lot of wisdom in this matter. Na so so rake wifey been dey rake for me sef, say na only stock I dey talk about. But I think it's a worthwhile venture to invest as we seek to secure our future, howbeit, family ties need not be broken in the process. God will help us.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2008
I hear from the grape vine that FBN is dancing around N49.77 right now. This elephant means business o. I hope people wey dey look for money to do weekend no go pull am down sha  grin grin

@windywendy - what is your experience with BGL so far?

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.