Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821916 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
From what I could see from the insurance stocks today, Wapic has a new resistance price of N13, while both Lasaco and M benefits has a new resistance price of N6.

But this may not matter as our market still has a very important factor at play, sentiments.

Nobody really understands technicals, not after what is fuelling this weeks insurance bull run was only discovered to by pure hype!

Interesting market we have got ourselves here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2008
What an interesting scenario we have in our stock market, where some insurance companies, trading with a forward PE of even 100 plus will still be under heavy bid?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ dolly1pcute

Thanks. I will confirm that.

But even with that, it has not moved like other insurance stocks since the beginning of the year. It has only gained about 20% this year.

Is anyone checking Nascon?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by babycool(f): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2008
I need a good stock broker to redgister with, I reside in ABUJA. Can any one advice me on that?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2008
invisible!:

From what I could see from the insurance stocks today, Wapic has a new resistance price of N13, while both Lasaco and M benefits has a new resistance price of N6.

But this may not matter as our market still has a very important factor at play, sentiments.

Nobody really understands technicals, not after what is fuelling this weeks insurance bull run was only discovered to by pure hype!

Interesting market we have got ourselves here.   

wapic- u need one or two more bounces off N13 before u can safely call it a resistance level. ditto for lasaco and Mbenefit
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2008
Wait a minute pumping, are you infering the brokers will come to the market to raise funds? Just let cashcraft not come near the marketooo, or their offer will be grossly undersubscribed, not after all the 'bad mouthing' the have recieved here?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
invisible!:

Wait a minute pumping, are you infering the brokers will come to the market to raise funds? Just let cashcraft not come near the marketooo, or their offer will be grossly undersubscribed, not after all the 'bad mouthing' the have recieved here?

I hope so. That way the price can drop after listing and I can stock up grin grin grin

Some have already done PPs and they plan to list.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ akttopgun, lesson about resistances taken, thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2008
monday should be an interesting day for oceanic. at end of trading today the candle sticks show the sellers came in late to play but couldnt overpower the buyers hence the slight increase in price. lets see who wins the trading fight on monday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2008
Topgun , Pumping , roughcutand others

please help educate me a bit more please . See this candle light formation for union homes , what kind of pattern is this and what can i deduce from this , is the price still heading maiduguri ,

Thanks

[img][/img]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2008
[img][/img]

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2008
thought i'd share this for the techies in the house.

A candlestick depicts the battle between Bulls (buyers) and Bears (sellers) over a given period of time. An analogy to this battle can be made between two football teams, which we can also call the Bulls and the Bears. The bottom (intra-session low) of the candlestick represents a touchdown for the Bears and the top (intra-session high) a touchdown for the Bulls. The closer the close is to the high, the closer the Bulls are to a touchdown. The closer the close is to the low, the closer the Bears are to a touchdown. While there are many variations, I have narrowed the field to 6 types of games (or candlesticks):  

1.Long white candlesticks indicate that the Bulls controlled the ball (trading) for most of the game.
2.Long black candlesticks indicate that the Bears controlled the ball (trading) for most of the game.
3.Small candlesticks indicate that neither team could move the ball and prices finished about where they started.
4.A long lower shadow indicates that the Bears controlled the ball for part of the game, but lost control by the end and the Bulls made an impressive comeback.
5.A long upper shadow indicates that the Bulls controlled the ball for part of the game, but lost control by the end and the Bears made an impressive comeback.
6.A long upper and lower shadow indicates that the both the Bears and the Bulls had their moments during the game, but neither could put the other away, resulting in a standoff.

every little helps in our decision making processes.
hope this helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2008
@tiwantiwa

if u are going to go by TA only u should be buying right about now if u haven't bought already

1. MACD above exp-9
2.rsi above 50 (and now tending above 70 even)
3. as u can see from ur arrow, price is trending

hope this helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2008
@aktopgun, nice explanation, very clear indeed.

But you know using touchdowns here for some of us that have never watched American football will be a little confusing, does it work the same way for soccer, say substitute the touchdowns with goals and goalposts?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2008
thanks for using that " going by TA ONLY " . I am just trying to learn by live examples, looking at the candlelights looks like what we have is  number five
"5.A long upper shadow indicates that the Bulls controlled the ball for part of the game, but lost control by the end and the Bears made an impressive comeback."

Thanks for your time and patience , May god bless you real good !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ aktopgun - you sure say you no be professor of technical analysis? grin grin grin

You are too much jare. You even make the thing come become interesting.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2008
invisible!:

@aktopgun, nice explanation, very clear indeed.

But you know using touchdowns here for some of us that have never watched American football will be a little confusing, does it work the same way for soccer, say substitute the touchdowns with goals and goalposts?

You too correct grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2008
AllenG:

@ dolly1pcute

Thanks. I will confirm that.

But even with that, it has not moved like other insurance stocks since the beginning of the year. [b]It has only gained about 20% this year.[/b]Is anyone checking Nascon?

This is the symptom of NSE so 20% is only  shocked, what is evem the reason why it moved 20%  cheesy

Just joking I know what you mean as comparing it to others.

@Akptogun, well done on the candles, I can only bless Nigeriasecurities for the depth of info on, kai come and see me unzipping old files and dusting books the day I spotted that they have candle charting on Nig Sec.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2008
Sometimes ago, I was disputing the almighty friday factor over stock prices as popularised by Fof2, but now it seems the guy is very correct going by what happened today.

Where is Fof2, tell am say I dey owe am one bottle of kaikai!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nimshi: 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2008
NAMPAK NIGERIA PLC- The Nigerian Stock Exchange placed the
shares of the company on full technical suspension on
Monday February 4, 2008. The board of the company suspects
that the audited accounts for year ended September 30, 2007
might be unreliable as there was an overvaluation of
returnable packaging stocks. Further investigation by the
company suggests that there might be other misstatements
and irregularities in the financial position of the company
as at that date. The company has already suspended its
proposed Annual General Meeting earlier slated for January
23, 2008.

Plainly speaking: NAMPAK cooked the books.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:20pm On Feb 08, 2008
Nimshi:

Plainly speaking: NAMPAK cooked the books.

And then proceed to fry it angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toots(f): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2008
does any one know about AIMS asset management limited. is it safe to give them ur cash to invest for at least two years?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2008
NAMPAK, phew! That was a narrow escape for me, in these days and times where we readily invest first and ask question later, I very nearly loaded some Nampak shares.

Thank God, another Wema would have happened to me.

So lesson learnt, look before you leap, and all that appreciates are not gold. Hahahaha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
NAMPAK, phew! That was a narrow escape for me, in these days and times where we readily invest first and ask question later, I very nearly loaded some Nampak shares.

Thank God, another Wema would have happened to me.

So lesson learnt, look before you leap, and all that appreciates are not gold. Hahahaha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2008
NAMPAK, phew! A narrow escape for me, in these days where we invest first and ask questions later, only God can help us.

The major reasons for buying stocks these days are only that it will rise in price. Another lesson learnt, look before you leap, and all that appreciates are not gold.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2008
Ha see tripple posting, mistakes, this networks are slow and deceptive.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ all

I beg, which price is correct for today, All the online reports (Meristem, NigerianSecurities, CSCS,TRW) have divergent numbers,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2008
DAILY BID POSITION.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2008
@Kpineo
Bro, this came in early today! shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2008
@omo_boy
it's called NSE wonder, the more you look the less you see. wink
Just checked the daily report from nigerianstockechange.com and Afribank closed at 26.40. 24.90 was the low for today. It's quite slow loading as usual.
What price did you want to crosscheck?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2008
Did NASCON pay any bonus last year?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2008
NBA:

@Kpineo
Bro, this came in early today! shocked
Na so i see am. very strange indeed. Part of the NSE wonders. Up one day slow another day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.