Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821920 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2008
kpineo:

DAILY BID POSITION.

Thank you my brother, this came in early today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2008
jandbaby:

@omo_boy
it's called NSE wonder, the more you look the less you see. wink
Just checked the daily report from nigerianstockechange.com and Afribank closed at 26.40. 24.90 was the low for today. It's quite slow loading as usual.
What price did you want to crosscheck?

hello jandbaby, please help me check the real prices of the following in nigerianstockexchange.com; Zenith, WAPCO, PZ,Oceanic, let's leaev it at those for now. Thank you very much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2008
pricelist for 080208 - downloaded from nigerianstockechange.com. It's different from the one on nigeriansecurities.
(seems the change column contains "absolute values".)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2008
omo_boy:

@ all

I beg, which price is correct for today, All the online reports (Meristem, NigerianSecurities, CSCS,TRW) have divergent numbers,
if you want authoritative source of a result . zenithsecurities and nigeriansecurities is where to look. Those two entities are on a different league of their own. I have noticed that TRW rushes to put out results and therefore have a lot of mistakes. Nigeriansecurities howver because of thier focus been on accurate data because they are about tools and the accuracy of their data.

TRW have nothing to loose when they publish inaccurate data. They may be the first. But Nigeriansecurities and zenithsecurities are the most reliable. Infact i have never seen both of them differ on any result
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2008
jandbaby:

@omo_boy
it's called NSE wonder, the more you look the less you see. wink
Just checked the daily report from nigerianstockechange.com and Afribank closed at 26.40. 24.90 was the low for today. It's quite slow loading as usual.
What price did you want to crosscheck?

@Jandbaby
I no wan mention the names of the stock, make deep pocket people no hijack am, May wait for FSDH report, Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08, 2008
jandbaby:

pricelist  for 080208 - downloaded from nigerianstockechange.com. It's different from the one on nigeriansecurities.

@Jandbaby

Thanks for posting this, It really clarifies things,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2008
jandbaby:

pricelist for 080208 - downloaded from nigerianstockechange.com. It's different from the one on nigeriansecurities.

Thank you so very much for this.

dollarmani:

if you want authoritative source of a result . zenithsecurities and nigeriansecurities is where to look. Those two entities are on a different league of their own. I have noticed that TRW rushes to put out results and therefore have a lot of mistakes. Nigeriansecurities howver because of their focus been on accurate data because they are about tools and the accuracy of their data.

TRW have nothing to loose when they publish inaccurate data. They may be the first. But Nigeriansecurities and zenithsecurities are the most reliable. Infact i have never seen both of them differ on any result

@dollarmani,
you can see from jandbabe's post that your nigeriansecurities and zenithsecurities are not "error-proof" afterall, because there are a number of "wrong" prices on them (going by the fact that nigerianstockexchange is the most authentic).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
Also, another thing that can be responsible for this is that the fianl values may not be available till much later. I have seen times when by 12.00pm American time here. NigerianSecurities and zenithsecurities adjust their results. This suggessts that when all this providers  pull data from the NSE earlier, they are served what is available as that time. its just up to them to ensure that at the end of the day they are corrected.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2008
blueband:

Did NASCON pay any bonus last year?
The company was making terrible losses before Dangote bought it last year, therefore no chance of dividend sef.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakyy: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2008
But i really give it to Nigeriansecurities anyway. Has anyone seen there bonus and dividend tracking system.

It even shows dividends from as far back as 2001. The banks may not be happy about this oo cause people who get to know about this will soon start calling for their dividend warrants.

Imagine and elderly couple that i met in my church that i worked through creating a portfolio on nigeriansecurities just saw in their portfolio dividends that they did not know had accrued to them in all this years across various stocks, This was substantial.

I am really impressed shaaa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
Funny but just use any one you could get to do your calculations, afterall it could have gone eitherways.

What I do is to wait till evening for them to have their arguments (they may even be doing this in truth) before agreeing on a final price to paste, the NSE official site could also be the ones to blame, they may update prices after the market has already closed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ jandbaby,
Hello jandbaby, please can we be getting the daily prices from nigerianstockexchange daily?? It is ofc ourse the most authentic. Thank you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ upward, the NSE site is authentic no doubt, but we need analysis like the portfolio stuff from nig.securities.

I believe they can only improve as time goes on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2008
@upward,
i'll post if there is a divergence in the figures, like what happened today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2008
nigeriansecurities prices is now updated.

You've just got to love that site! It's great!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2008
@jandbaby and Wanaj0

Thanks your answers. I think i would get my brother to visit the registras or get my Broker since I now have one to do the hard work.

Update on Dangote Returned Money for those without brokers. My cheque has been sent the GTB branch where I bought shares. I got my brother to check and he was called today when the cheque arrived. As I do not live in Lagos the bank has requested a coloured copy of my passport to show my signature and a signed letter of authority to allow him pick it up. (email accepted but must be signed.) The cheques are already issued from Oceanic Registrars. I hope this helps someone else.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2008
This forum sha! Nascon gained the max today. angry angry Let's see if my broker will earn his pay today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2008
Oga easimoni, are you blaming the silent readers here ( usual culprits) for the rise of NASCON?

Well some people here are very heavy in the pockets.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2008
flakyy:

But i really give it to Nigeriansecurities anyway. Has anyone seen there bonus and dividend tracking system.

It even shows dividends from as far back as 2001. The banks may not be happy about this oo cause people who get to know about this will soon start calling for their dividend warrants.

Imagine and elderly couple that i met in my church that i worked through creating a portfolio on nigeriansecurities just saw in their portfolio dividends that they did not know had accrued to them in all this years across various stocks, This was substantial.

I am really impressed shaaa

My portfolio is showing dividends payable to stock I brought, did GTB pay interim dividend this year? and is the dividends paid into one's CSCS account?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
@blueband,

I have had the same experience with brokers. No matter the analysis you do and the profit you are likely to make, they are the last link in the chain.

Like f0f2 said earlier, one needs to really syche them up to such an extent that they believe they are tarding for themselves not you i.e. your pain is their pain.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2008
@all
When is the right time to exit First Alum, i bought at #2.50k some few weeks ago, its been doing 5% steadily, i couldn't exit at my target price of #4.7  because its moving too strong, i don't want to be greedy and miss out on my much needed profits,  i will be willing to wait till it gets to 10 naira if i am sure it will get there, no one really knows, what should i do? sell or wait? although their is some info that the company is about to release some really really really good results, that why y i bought in the first place
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2008
My 2 cent tip in an email to a friend about Nascon on Monday - before the bull,

Nascon, there are really three sides to that shares
1) the hopeful and longtermers
2) the shortermers/ bigpockets - aka Circle in circle out traders - currently making gains on the 10% up and down movement.
3) and the cutting losses folks

honestly speaking, the fundamentals of nascon is whack and all the folks in the 3 categories that are active traders are waiting for EOY report to decide the faith of that stock. And, i am guessing that Mr Dangote is not the disappointing type for investors.

if you are looking for my advice, if you find any stock that can give you the return of your loss,  Then cut out,  Otherwise join the hopefuls/longtermers
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
Oga Pumping - i see you are less busy, welcome back.
About Zenith you talk am o, bar 50 dey disturb am, lets see what happens to the elephant and UBA next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakyy: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2008
Ola007:

My portfolio is showing dividends payable to stock I brought, did GTB pay interim dividend this year? and is the dividends paid into one's CSCS account?

Guaranty paid an interim dividend of 25kobo around oct/nov 2007. Check closely , the date must be sometime in 2007.

5kobo div UNIC paid last year totalling about 10,000 naira also showed up in my portfolio. Reaching out to the registrars to collect my dividend warrants is a must for me for that

Precisely what i was talking about when i say that dividends that have been paid that somehow investors did not know about will now be known.

Its up to you to determine either through your broker where it should have been sent to. You can always go to registrars of stocks in question to claim long forgotten dividend warrants if you dont have the e-dividend thing that allows your acct to be credited directly with dividends setup.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2008
SavvyLanre:

My 2 cent tip in an email to a friend about Nascon on Monday - before the bull,

Nascon, there are really three sides to that shares
1) the hopeful and longtermers
2) the shortermers/ bigpockets - aka Circle in circle out traders - currently making gains on the 10% up and down movement.
3) and the cutting losses folks

honestly speaking, the fundamentals of nascon is whack and all the folks in the 3 categories that are active traders are waiting for EOY report to decide the faith of that stock. And, i am guessing that Mr Dangote is not the disappointing type for investors.

if you are looking for my advice, if you find any stock that can give you the return of your loss,  Then cut out,  Otherwise join the hopefuls/longtermers
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

Are you saying its not a CICO stock for about 25% returns?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2008
Hello guys,

Savvylanre, easimoni, invisible, pumping, aktopgun and all others ,

Please does anyone have any info on Afprint? How are they doing? I am thinking of buying based on its current price.

Is there somewhere I can read up on them . Please I need to know if its good for the very short term.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2008
flakyy:

Guaranty paid an interim dividend of 25kobo around oct/nov 2007. Check closely , the date must be sometime in 2007.

5kobo div UNIC paid last year totalling about 10,000 naira also showed up in my portfolio. Reaching out to the registrars to collect my dividend warrants is a must for me for that

Precisely what i was talking about when i say that dividends that have been paid that somehow investors did not know about will now be known.

Its up to you to determine either through your broker where it should have been sent to. You can always go to registrars of stocks in question to claim long forgotten dividend warrants if you don't have the e-dividend thing that allows your acct to be credited directly with dividends setup.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2008
@all
My broker hinted to me that i shud hold on to my IBTC that something good is going to happen next week, not sure what it is, but i suspect a very very good result that could propel the price to 30, has anybody heard anything,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emotimi: 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2008
I have a local current account with UBA and I am considering opening a stock broking account with them. My initial thought was that I would be able to use my existing UBA current account to fund my stock broking account. The UBA representative insisted on me opening an NRN account before they can process a stock broking account for me.

Gurus in the house, is this normal or another of UBA's ploy to make me pay double running two different accounts with them? Please every contribution based on previous related experiences, no matter how small, will be appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mjay(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2008
hi guys i just used my brokers margin to invest heavily on these stocks ZENITH BANK, GTBANK AND LINKAGE ASSR. Please expert in the house what do you think of these stocks?? what advise do you have for me?? what shld i look forward to?? Please i need your advise urgently. The investment is about 3mill in all. Thanks looking forward to your expert advise.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2008
@mjay

whats the gist? as in what's the interest rate, the time frame u're looking at, when is the loan due to be paid back?

fellas need this info to better advice u. to be sure, the first 2 i know will do well in the mediul to long and dare i say it, the short term, whatever that is.

don't know much about linkage assurance.

but come o, in the first place which analysis u do before u buy these shares sef, abi na stock broker suggest/stipulate them for u. what % gain are u hoping for, over how long?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2008
Hello House, easi, windy,topgunny,tammie, pummie,crazzyy,riskyyy, pumpppyyy and all

Kindly tell me whats your take on an offer to buy Springbank shares at N9. I know the bank has problems but I am ready for the long haul on this one.
What I would like to know is if there is any hope that the bank will come up soon (learnt that it is being run by CBN now) and what price it should go for as at now. If you were presented an offer to buy spring bank shares at a discount, would you go for it?
I checked to see how much it stopped at but got no information on that. and why is it not on the list? I expected it should be there even with no trade.

Kindly help

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.