Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821601 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:13am On Feb 09, 2008
been reading psychiatry for a while now so its just topping up thats left. its NSE time now. it comes in cycles and waves and i work by my personal motto of what is worth doing is worth doing well. the learning in both psychiatry and the NSE is a life long process so since i'm going to live long i might as well learn. abi
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:26am On Feb 09, 2008
@AKT

That's a very optimistic, unlike psychiatrists, attitude.

Samstone4 cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:31am On Feb 09, 2008
dollarmani:

if you want authoritative source of a result . zenithsecurities and nigeriansecurities is where to look. Those two entities are on a different league of their own. I have noticed that TRW rushes to put out results and therefore have a lot of mistakes. Nigeriansecurities howver because of their focus been on accurate data because they are about tools and the accuracy of their data.

TRW have nothing to loose when they publish inaccurate data. They may be the first. But Nigeriansecurities and zenithsecurities are the most reliable. Infact i have never seen both of them differ on any result

Unfortunately even Zenith is not accurate. At least I have seen some errors from yesterday. Zenith has Transexpr closing at N3.60 instead of N3.80 and to think this is the data I use for Metastock and Aptistock. Na wa o.

The main problem I have with nigeriansecurities is that they don't have all stocks listed on their daily list. As an example, Transexpr is not on their list.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2008
samstone4:

@AKT

That's a very optimistic, unlike psychiatrists, attitude.

Samstone4 cool

I am a psychiatrists and I am very optimistic.Psychiatrists are not generally pessimists.Maybe Oncologists are!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2008
@blueband

thank u jare. no mind samstone. we are optimists or we wouldn't be able to do our jobs really.

back to money making jo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2008
I received an SMS from Skye Bank earlier today.

Notifying me that the shares PO will close on the 20 of this month.

I don't have much time to go through their Prospectus.

I know they have been doing well @ above average level but is it a good buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2008
pumping777:

Unfortunately even Zenith is not accurate. At least I have seen some errors from yesterday. Zenith has Transexpr closing at N3.60 instead of N3.80 and to think this is the data I use for Metastock and Aptistock. Na wa o.

The main problem I have with nigeriansecurities is that they don't have all stocks listed on their daily list. As an example, Transexpr is not on their list.

Pumping777, i beleive you meant N5.60 or N5.80, cos it was just N5.89 on thursday and my broker bought at N6.65 sometime last week(tuesday)
I really agree with you on nigeriansecurities, just this morning i sent them a mail requesting for the addition of Transexpress, i later found out that there were so many stocks not lsted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by arizona(m): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2008
@samstone4

Did you notice that Hillary won the state of Massachusetts? The 2 seating senators and governor from that state all endorsed Obama. Senator Kennedy has represented the state for more than 30 years! This is one of the most liberal states in America!

yes Massachusetts is a liberal state, but have elected Republicans into Governorship positions many times. Lets watch out today and march 4, it will give a clear picture. UP Obama,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2008
@stanchuks  / pumping777

I noticed the data for Transexpr is available in their analysis, but not on the front end, same for a couple of other stocks.

@ pumping777 , Any idea as to why they are recommending CCNN as a sell, abi na  because I wan buy? grin grin.
and I notice the gyrating of NGC on +-10% for quite a while now, any explannation, and yes Transexpr, how true is the rumour about impending PO?.The current price seems too high for me.

@FatherOf2, How bodi, ? Eterna na one kin ride, but I don bail out, na wetin man go buy be the next thing, noted your comments, again 3 Gbosa for you, wink

This Afribank they vex me,, the thing don fall below PO price shocked, so e don move to LONG term on my portfolio automatically, interesting week ahead.

Enjoy your weekend  smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2008
@ Prince11,

If you still have some money left, enter eterna again. The price will continue to rise.

I bailed out early but I have entered again and I have made some reasonable gain already.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2008
Massachusetts presented the first black governor, which happens to be a democrat for the first time last year. Against a white woman republican (which would have been first lady governor, if she won), Mass was fed up of republican rule and wanted a change,

Change can still happen - And "Yes we can" vote and hope for a change.

And, back to NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2008
tonyjon:

@ Prince11,

If you still have some money left, enter eterna again. The price will continue to rise.

I bailed out early but I have entered again and I have made some reasonable gain already.

Peace.

i concur. looks like eterna still has a bit of a ways to go.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2008
both afroil and eterna are overbought right now though and looks like sentiment driven stuff. both look to continue though its any one's guess for how long. not lkely to tail off in the next 2-3 trading days at least.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2008
Surprise cool,

Wonder will never cease, the list is getting longer then,

@tonyjon/aktopgun

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2008
@prince11

nigeriansecurities.com are recommending a sell for CCNN cuz of the 168.57 projected PE they have on there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pinokio(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2008
HELP! i bought 10,000 units of access bank thru my broker and i'm yet to hear a word from them as per my share certificate or returned money (if any). My b.p is starting to rise. can anyone update me on info regarding the offer i.e dispersed certificates or returned money. pls help b4 i end up at uselu due to 2 much thinking. abeg
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emotimi: 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2008
Samstone4, Gidij, Akpotgun, Stanchucks and other Naija based colleagues in the house, please provide hints on the question below and let's keep praying for Obama's success and protection.

I have a local current account with UBA and I am considering opening a stock broking account with them. My initial thought was that I would be able to use my existing UBA current account to fund my stock broking account. The UBA representative insisted on me opening an NRN account before they can process a stock broking account for me.

Gurus in the house, is this normal or another of UBA's ploy to make me pay double running two different accounts with them? Please every contribution based on previous related experiences, no matter how small, will be appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2008
emotimi:

Samstone4, Gidij, Akpotgun, Stanchucks and other Naija based colleagues in the house, please provide hints on the question below and let's keep praying for Obama's success and protection.

I have a local current account with UBA and I am considering opening a stock broking account with them. My initial thought was that I would be able to use my existing UBA current account to fund my stock broking account. The UBA representative insisted on me opening an NRN account before they can process a stock broking account for me.

Gurus in the house, is this normal or another of UBA's ploy to make me pay double running two different accounts with them? Please every contribution based on previous related experiences, no matter how small, will be appreciated.

@emotomi
UBA is trying to package the NRN deal with the Stockbroking for Non Resident Nigerians. However, I contacted the Stockbroking directly and they sent me an account number to fund the stockbroking account directly without NRN accounts. More discussions about this on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-79353.0.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2008
who can neglect the powerful voice of CHANGE
the lonely voice is right now,not only a voice to be reckoned with,but a voice to be feard,
how things and times has CHANGED.even our NSE,POCKETS  grin grin has CHANGED.
the wind of CHANGE is blowing from every angle,there is nothing HC can do about it.

OBAMA RULES!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2008
@aktopgun

Thanks.

But they will soon be releasing results and I expect a move up North, or am I jus day-dreaming grin grin

ALL PRAYERs FOR OBAMA - especially for his safety!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2008
@emotimi,

If you have a current account with UBA PLC already, you don't have to open another current account. The person that told you to open another current account was just trying to exploit you---he or she wants you to pay more money to UBA PLC.

Do not go through UBA NRN PROGRAM. You can get intouch with UBA STOCKBROKERS direct and tell them that you want to open a brokerage account and that they should send the application form to you via e-mail.

You can get intouch with UBA STOCKBROKERS through this e-mail address: ubastockbrokers@ubagroup.com. You should always stand your ground when dealing with UBA NRN reps.

Hope this help.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2008
tonyjon:

@emotimi,

If you have a current account with UBA PLC already, you don't have to open another current account. The person that told you to open another current account was just trying to exploit you---he or she wants you to pay more money to UBA PLC.

Do not go through UBA NRN PROGRAM. You can get intouch with UBA STOCKBROKERS direct and tell them that you want to open a brokerage account and that they should send the application form to you via e-mail.

You can get intouch with UBA STOCKBROKERS through this e-mail address: ubastockbrokers@ubagroup.com. You should always stand your ground when dealing with UBA NRN reps.

Hope this help.

Peace.

The form is actually on their website
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2008
I heard from a good source that Wapic is due to go on TS soon, so beware. I heard they were targeting N15 but with the slow trend in its upward move, time may be running against it before its PO is due.

Whaz zenith securities up to these days, they seem to need more hands in handling their mandates and crediting of accounts. They are becoming too slow these days.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2008
4wheel:

I heard from a good source that Wapic is due to go on TS soon, so beware. I heard they were targeting N15 but with the slow trend in its upward move, time may be running against it before its PO is due.

Whaz zenith securities up to these days, they seem to need more hands in handling their mandates and crediting of accounts. They are becoming too slow these days.

You can say this again. I use Lead Capital and UBA. It is the same story. Infact at UBA, you need to get ur relationship manager to flag your mandate or it may not be attended to. It looks like they all are not facing up to the reality that 2008 is going to be mostly a short term market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 8:51pm On Feb 09, 2008
@4wheel - with mandates, i think you should complain, But, regarding the crediting of account - i had to beg them to credit my dangote flour peanut money into my account.

@all - please, i cant find the message with the Dangote Flour allotement again - can anyone help?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toluxa1(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2008
Please gurus. I have about N12,000. can you please tell me a company I can invest in within the next two to three months? I already have a stock broker and a cscs account. I am thinking of penny stocks. What if UNIVERSAL INSURANCE COMPANY PLC? OR SHOULD I invest in First Bank. I heard they do their AGM abound Sep. and they will likely be giving bonuses, therefore a rise in prise. Please dont mind my ignorance. Just give me a reasonable professional advice. Thanks all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@4wheel - with mandates, i think you should complain, But, regarding the crediting of account - i had to beg them to credit my dangote flour peanut money into my account.

@all - please, i can't find the message with the Dangote Flour allotement again - can anyone help?

Were you reading my mind?
In fact, it was my Dangote "money-back" I have been telling them to credit since two Mondays ago. I have now decided to escalate it to their MD level. ~600k no be small money! To cap it all, dangote gave me pittance amount of shares.
No more PO for me, 4EVER! I have seen the light shocked cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2008
pinokio:

HELP! i bought 10,000 units of access bank through my broker and i'm yet to hear a word from them as per my share certificate or returned money (if any). My b.p is starting to rise. can anyone update me on info regarding the offer i.e dispersed certificates or returned money. please help before i end up at uselu due to 2 much thinking. abeg

cool down, your allocation is officially 8000 units and your return money is just over 29,000 naira. i dont think that's anything to have a high bp for. if it helps, i dont think anybody has received the cert or return money. wema registrar is handling access bank register and they are usually slow in dispatching things
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2008
http://www.saharareporters.com/andyubaisout3.php

is this true

looking for info on universal insurance , my broker clled that i can get it @ 2.80k on monday morning and will be creditted to my cscs before the end of the month , should i believe him ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2008
@ALL
Just an obsevation.
"the old maxim on the NSE was buy low sell higher but i think it has finally changed to " BUY HIGH, SELL HIGHER". grin grin ;Dstocks are difficult to get cheaply these days
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2008
As a reminder, the following may go on TS soon:

Mutual Benefit
Law Union
Staco
Standard Alliance
Crusader
Niger insurance
and Wapic.

Beware! Don't want you to be like me, still licking my Wema wound.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2008
4wheel:

Were you reading my mind?
In fact, it was my Dangote "money-back" I have been telling them to credit since two Mondays ago. I have now decided to escalate it to their MD level. ~600k no be small money! To cap it all, dangote gave me pittance amount of shares.
No more PO for me, 4EVER! I have seen the light shocked cool

@4wheel

I am not sure if the Dangote refund can be credited directly into your account, i also received a cheque from Dangote thru my broker and i had to pay it into my account because the cheque was issued in my name and not the brokers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.