Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,999 members, 7,873,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821605 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

folks how una dey? May you guys continue to make profit and never lack in Jesus Name, Amen!

We have ignored fidelity for too long how and why? the oustanding number of share is much i know. If fidelity do share reconstruction The outstanding number of shares will come down from 23billion to 11.point something billion. The market price will move from N11.3 to N22.6 . with 11b outstanding shares and price range of N23 it has a better fundamental than most banks. I stand to be corrected. we learn everyday and thank you guys , a lot!!!!

Based on what we know now, I think Fidelity is a short term play either way. If they do a 2 for 1 reconstruction,then they will be in the same price range as Access, Diamond and IBTC.

From where I stand, Fidelityy dosent fit in with those 3 mentioned in anyway, based on that I will expect the a price drop after the reconstruction. I personally will not buy Fidelity at 22 with 11B shares against Diamond or Access.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hg: 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2008
Hi to all.
Pls need an advice!
Lasco @ 5.70,is it time to sell??
Regards,
hg.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2008
Jide_ams:

Hi all,
I need an assistance in this respect. Most, at least 85% of my dangote return money in my brokerage account and my stockbroker is still awaiting two more
from the registrar. Inface, she is not sure if i was alloted any shears for those two or not. Actually, she returned three of my forms with no allotment nor intrest paid back on the shears.
Could someone kindly enlighten me if they could have returned some of the applications, and without any intrest. Also could it have taken so long to confirm the remaining two. I just need to be sure that someone is not using my money to trade while i pay intrest on it, and at the same time i do not want accuse without getting my facts rights.
I swift response will be appreciated from the thread as always

i expect u should know that if you send in multiple applications and the issuing house detects, they are required by law to disqualify your applications, so if you have sent in multiple applications and you are getting return cheques for the ful amount you paid without interest and no share allocation, it is because those applications were disqualified. they are not required to pay u any interest on those monies
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2008
walcolm:

i expect u should know that if you send in multiple applications and the issuing house detects, they are required by law to disqualify your applications, so if you have sent in multiple applications and you are getting return cheques for the ful amount you paid without interest and no share allocation, it is because those applications were disqualified. they are not required to pay u any interest on those monies

Thanks, what if this was a case whereby i made purchases for members of my family. Personaly i would not consider this multiple applications. All the same, thanks for your comments, the second opinion was very helpful
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakyy: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2008
enough said.

Your comments are water off the back of an hippo. If we can criticise zenithsecurities and other companies, we can express our lack of appreciation of comments of other people.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2008
Jide_ams:

Thanks, what if this was a case whereby i made purchases for members of my family. Personaly i would not consider this multiple applications. All the same, thanks for your comments, the second opinion was very helpful

maybe if you provide more info about your particular situation it might help.

it is totally acceptable for you to submit applications on behalf of your family members, those return cheques will carry the name of those family members and you should still expect them but if you fill an application form in a family member's name and sign it with the same signature you used in signing your own form, that is still ground for disqualification because it can be argued that you are submitting multiple applications in different names!!! no 2 people are supposed to have the same signature. you are only allowed to sign for a child under 18yrs and in which case you will specify appropriately on the form that the application is for a minor
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2008
Jide arms.

what is the name of your broker. a friend have similar experience with the dangote flour PO with one of the brokers . the broker used my friends money for 4 months and returned it claiming that the application was rejected. we went to oceanic registrars and got a contrary information. We just drove to their office and took the law into our hands. He gave us a cheque with 21% interest thesame minute.  my guy called me this morning that the dangote flour is N19 with anger!!!  he is planning of going back to the broker on monday morning to ask for more  payment based on the current market value. Lots of rogue brokers in NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

Jide arms.

what is the name of your broker. a friend have similar experience with the dangote flour PO with one of the brokers . the broker used my friends money for 4 months and returned it claiming that the application was rejected. we went to oceanic registrars and got a contrary information. We just drove to their office and took the law into our hands. He gave us a cheque with 21% interest thesame minute.  my guy called me this morning that the dangote flour is N19 with anger!!!  he is planning of going back to the broker on monday morning to ask for more  payment based on the current market value. Lots of rogue brokers in NSE.

cheesy cheesy cheesy ha wasky, we are not allowed to criticise them anymore o! before hippo,sorry flakky descendon u too. cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2008
yodiyokun:

Let me add fuel to the burning blaze,

There was a reference to aptistock and metastock --- all easimonis project grin grin

FLAKY FLAKY FLAKY - how many times did I call you. Beware oooo
By your 12th post, you have caused katakata for here - In every 12 there is always one Judas Iscariot.

Honestly, please just ignore such posts from now on - the guy just joined and has started making baseless and unfounded comments. If you get evidence post am.

Next time, when you don't have anything to say - please keep quiet.

For all those supporters of all this yeye stockbroking firms, their services are not free, we pay them and therefore we deserve and demand good service.

They are not doing us any favours - on the contrary ,we keep them in business.

Also if Nigerian securities wants to put a fee on their service, let them go ahead- no one is stopping them, the people that feel their service is worth paying for will subscribe.

All this newcomers that like to join in converstaions that they do not know the begining should stop it oo, they are pouring sand sand in our garri ke!!! shocked shocked

Pumping,easimoni ,aktopgun, no vex.

With due respect to all that might have been offended in this coversation so far.  I do second the opinion that the breakage firms feels they are doing us a favour.  Irrespective of the number of time we place an order, they are not offering us any service for free and we deserve a little bit for respect in terms of customer service.  Personally, i think the brokers have gotten used to the times when people buy and leave their stocks for a couple of weeks or months.  they should have come to terms with the fact that some people do this for a living and as long as they are paying for a service, the highest level of competence and service is expected from them.

It is about time we start inculcating this culture in our services and see how well we will progress in our business dealings.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2008
aktopgun:

cheesy cheesy cheesy ha wasky, we are not allowed to criticise them anymore o! before hippo,sorry flakky descendon u too. cheesy cheesy

Thanks for that, my brokage firm is Profunds Security www.profundng.com. I have the intention of doing the same thing and have instructed my wife to follow up on this on monday. Could you kindly tell me what the procedure is. Do i walk to oceanic bank in person or do i send a mail or could someone check on my behalf. Kindly throw some light into how he went about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2008
Jide_ams:

Thanks for that, my brokage firm is Profunds Security  www.profundng.com.  I have the intention of doing the same thing and have instructed my wife to follow up on this on monday.  Could you kindly tell me what the procedure is.  Do i walk to oceanic bank in person or do i send a mail or could someone check on my behalf.  Kindly throw some light into how he went about it.

u must be referring to wasky
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2008
No doubt, you guys are a bag of information and do appreciate your effort. Keep up the good work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2008
Jide_ams:

I do second the opinion that the breakage firms feels they are doing us a favour. 

My Brother you get am . Na real Breakage firms them be.

@Flaky, like water off a Hippo's back?

It just seems to me that you have some other issues in here.

Do you perhaps, know pumping or any other person outside of this forum?

I have seen his comments that he highlighted in bold.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. There was no attack(nor criticism) on any of the companies.

Just a decent and truthful observation.
That you sent the feedback to them and them "sorting out" the problem, means he was stating things as they were as opposed to mere criticsm.

Whats up with you?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2008
A little tip for the short term traders - MACD histogram indicate a possible turn around this week with afribank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2008
Just for the records:

Zenith posted wrong results as Oga Pumping rightly said: anybody that wants to take it personal should do so.

Nigerian Sercurities and TRW-Stockbrokers also posted wrong results: No shaking

Even if the service is free, what we want is accurate service. Posting the data on their site is a way of publicity for them too, so its a two way thing. I opened an account with one of them based on the reliability (time of posting and being accurate) in the price list. I see no reason why I can't complain when the service changes.

We complained about UBA-Stockbrokers here and the service has somewhat improved. Nobody attacked the comments.

Constructive criticism is a very good way to instigate positive change.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2008
Salvage:

My Brother you get am . Na real Breakage firms them be.

@Flaky, like water off a Hippo's back?

It just seems to me that you have some other issues in here.

Do you perhaps, know pumping or any other person outside of this forum?

I have seen his comments that he highlighted in bold.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. There was no attack(nor criticism) on any of the companies.

Just a decent and truthful observation.
That you sent the feedback to them and them "sorting out" the problem, means he was stating things as they were as opposed to mere criticsm.

Whats up with you?

I just tire for the guy, I pray he sheds off the unteachable toga and learn tolerance.
Zenith has been "showing me" for the past three weeks by holding on to my Dangote "money-back" and someone here is telling me zenithsecurities is being pulled down. Who's pulling who down, hen?
When you call the ladies on their frontdesk, they just act as if they were employed that same day, confused, then telling you to call back at 6:30pm when the broker must have come back, when in fact they will refuse to pick up the phone at such a time.
So, tell me who's pulling who down? I just tire for some naija sha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2008
flakyy:

enough said.

Your comments are water off the back of an hippo. If we can criticise zenithsecurities and other companies, we can express our lack of appreciation of comments of other people.

Sharaaaaaaaaaaap!!.
You are getting on my nerves walahi!!.

You have said nothing to prove your comments were truthful, I repeat they are lies -- period.

Honestly we were doing well on here before your lousy intrusion and if you can't accept you said rubbish, leave well alone and keep to yourself.

Na by force, we did not call you to comment .

See me see trouble - you dey find palaver and you go get am tire.

I just dey vex ooo I dey vex well well.

My name was not mentioned, but I detest folks who like to upturn a good thing.

How many serious contributions have you made on here, what value have you added, Pray tell us.

Please I beg, we have a good thing going here and we don't want spoilers like you to destroy it.  We have mutual respect for one another and when we disagree, we do so politely without being personal.

You are very welcome to read, but if you don't have CONTSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS (check websters for further interpretation), Keep quiet.

I apologize to everyone for my rudeness, but I don vex tire!!!.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2008
4wheel:

I just tire for the guy, I pray he sheds off the unteachable toga and learn tolerance.
Zenith has been "showing me" for the past three weeks by holding on to my Dangote "money-back" and someone here is telling me zenithsecurities is being pulled down. Who's pulling who down, hen?
When you call the ladies on their frontdesk, they just act as if they were employed that same day, confused, then telling you to call back at 6:30pm when the broker must have come back, when in fact they will refuse to pick up the phone at such a time.

I wonder,
when people complain here days on end of the nightmarish service they receive from their brokers.

Please this is business, and they are doing no one any favours. Its a symbiotic relationship, its only in Nigeria that you will beg on top of your money.

and someone will now have the audacity to talk nonsense - pulling down ko, pulling up ni.

Everyone has been full of praise of Nig securities, but seriously can they do better? - oh yeah!.

I beg no spoil my sunday ojare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2008
@pumping

If by your comments all these so call gaint in securities house can clean-up
and give nigerians the services they are been paid for I think you have done
an exellent job for coming to this forum.Know also that with FLAKY's post
this forum is already an authority were nigerians can come and recieve
solution to their investment

so keep on pumping out your stock market tips that the wise will learn more
wisdom

@flanky

This is an indication that you are from zenithsecurities and it is better you pass
these comment for proper correction before they close door and there be
no salary for you  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2008
4wheel:

Infant YARADUA must hear this one, so flakyy you do not only have to unleash your
nasty comment but OVIE will answer for this one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2008
I don dey pity Flakky now.He chose to attack the wrong person for no just reason.Some people for this forum na Gods dem be.They have made many of us make some cool money .Those are not the people you should attack.If someone like pumping wake up tomorrow say make we all buy AlbarkaAir,I can assure you 90 percent of us go begin buy am.Na the Godfather himself you go misyearn on top.Chei! I pity you.

Make we chill for the guy abeg,Abeg can someone give me the Top 5 Stocks to look out for next week?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2008
With regards to the Zenith securities "Dangote returned check, I was facing the same problem last week too, But I leant from one of their financial personnel that they are trying to sort out the whole check issue. She said that the place where the checks are kept was a bunch of mess and they were finding it difficult to locate people's check in there,

Though I kept calling her all of last week and was very nice to her on the phone and finally on friday, she located my check and said she has instructed them to pay it into my brokage account,

So if u still have the same problem, keep calling and play nice to them till they get it done.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2008
blueband:

I don dey pity Flakky now.He chose to attack the wrong person for no just reason.Some people for this forum na Gods them be.They have made many of us make some cool money .Those are not the people you should attack.If someone like pumping wake up tomorrow say make we all buy AlbarkaAir,I can assure you 90 percent of us go begin buy am.Na the Godfather himself you go misyearn on top.Chei! I pity you.

Make we chill for the guy abeg,Abeg can someone give me the Top 5 Stocks to look out for next week?

Blueband,

Do appreciate your callling all back to focus after a couple of digression, i believe all is for good. As you said, it is monday and we need pass instruction
to our broker for the following week.
PLEASE !!! let us give room for the Oracle to talk. Technical analysts, could you make sugestion of potential buy and let us all evaluate before the close of weekend,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2008
With regards to the Zenith securities "Dangote returned check, I was facing the same problem last week too, But I leant from one of their financial personnel that they are trying to sort out the whole check issue. She said that the place where the checks are kept was a bunch of mess and they were finding it difficult to locate people's check in there,

Though I kept calling her all of last week and was very nice to her on the phone and finally on friday, she located my check and said she has instructed them to pay it into my brokage account,

So if u still have the same problem, keep calling and play nice to them till they get it done.
[quote][/quote]

Could you confirm whom you called, the stock broker or the registrar.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2008
I think it is time Seun "the LandLord for this village" devise ameans of categorising users,

e.g Newbie
     Member of Standing
     Guru

, so we can know Who is who, and if he (Seun) really wants to crack it, Other memebrs can downgrade really offensive posters and upgrade those who really make the forum.

Some people deserve real respect for making this thread what it is in particular.

@Flaky, do the right thing , APOLOGISE, sharp sharp,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2008
Jide_ams:

Could you confirm whom you called, the stock broker or the registrar.

@Jide_ams
Yes, please gimme the name and number of the person you called at Zenith Sec.
If they had explained the predicament they were in (due to being disorganized) perhaps we could have understood their situation. I had wanted to go their MD way but if your option could also work, then good. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2008
@all
keeping up with this na full time job now. cry
Gents and ladies lets please respect each others opinion on this blog as no one needs to bother with posting any info they have but i guess we believe by sharing ideas we all benefit. Please lets avoid this unnecessary indivualistic attacks.
@pumping777
no vex, if anybody carry nose again make i know, will get some yardies to some em lot out. Just kidding, grin grin
@Father of 2
i wan sack my broker oh, i think he is up to a few tricks nowadays, if i say sell, they end up selling only half of my order, which kind rubbish be dat.
@all
what is this N50 barrier issue for banks. I get UBA and need the thing to fly now, shocked shocked cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2008
4wheel:

@Jide_ams
Yes, please gimme the name and number of the person you called at Zenith Sec.
If they had explained the predicament they were in (due to being disorganized) perhaps we could have understood their situation. I had wanted to go their MD way but if your option could also work, then good. Thanks.

I spoke to a nice lady by the name "Ada" and i believe she is in thier financial department, I dont know if its right to put her phone number on a public forum, if u call Zenith securities custormer services and ask to speak to Ada who handles Dangote flour returned checks, i bet they will transfer you straight to her.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2008
goldenson:

I spoke to a nice lady by the name "Ada" and i believe she is in their financial department, I don't know if its right to put her phone number on a public forum, if u call Zenith securities custormer services and ask to speak to Ada who handles Dangote flour returned checks, i bet they will transfer you straight to her.

I was of the opinion that this checks were handled by Oceanic bank. I do not seem to understand why called Zenith securities. Could you pls throw
more light and will do so before close of business Monday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:24pm On Feb 10, 2008
kpineo:

@all
keeping up with this na full time job now. cry
Gents and ladies lets please respect each others opinion on this blog as no one needs to bother with posting any info they have but i guess we believe by sharing ideas we all benefit. Please lets avoid this unnecessary indivualistic attacks.
@pumping777
no vex, if anybody carry nose again make i know, will get some yardies to some em lot out. Just kidding,  grin grin
@Father of 2
i wan sack my broker oh, i think he is up to a few tricks nowadays, if i say sell, they end up selling only half of my order, which kind rubbish be that.
@all
what is this N50 barrier issue for banks. I get UBA and need the thing to fly now,  shocked shocked cool

the N50 barrier is basically that no bank has been able to sustain any reasonable length of time above the N50 price. UBA for example in a trading day on the 8th of january traded at N51.19 but dropped to about N50 the same day. the price of first bank and uba in particular have been toying with that barrier for a while now and i think FBN is set to break it this week.
i remember when someone raised the flag of crusader crossing the N6 barrier. look at it now. i hope the same happens for both uba and fbn sooner than later. FBN probably will go first.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2008
here's a list i compiled last night of stock i am watching next week. its been a personal internal tug of war on whether to post it here or not cuz i do not want to be accused of losing money for fellas. well here goes nothing. hope it helps.

1. fidelity - likely bull run next week
2. fbn - to continue its recent price gains
3.flourmills - likely to continue rising
4. ikeja hotels - possible turbulence to continue
5.Intercontinental - uptrend imminent
6. japauloil - looks like a good week or two up ahead
7. Nig-german - good week ahead
8. okitipupa - downturn likely

this is my take on them based on some TA but please remember, the final decision is urs!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2008
aktopgun:

here's a list i compiled last night of stock i am watching next week. its been a personal internal tug of war on whether to post it here or not because i do not want to be accused of losing money for fellas. well here goes nothing. hope it helps.

1. fidelity - likely bull run next week
2. fbn - to continue its recent price gains
3.flourmills - likely to continue rising
4. ikeja hotels - possible turbulence to continue
5.Intercontinental - uptrend imminent
6. japauloil - looks like a good week or two up ahead
7. Nig-german - good week ahead
8. okitipupa - downturn likely

this is my take on them based on some TA but please remember, the final decision is urs!

Thanks man
Have a nice week,

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.