Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,503 members, 7,937,456 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (832164 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2008
frankiriri:

Even when they had a lot of things going for them, they never got beyond N20. Ndi et all would have had to literally pull  a rabbit out  of a hat to make that  happen. Transcorp was an accident waiting to happen.

Oga Frank how everything dey for your end? All is well o.

N20 ke who dash them? The best they did was N9.71 with all the shenanigans that went on with this stock
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2008
easimoni, you don go talk longman now!!!!!!!!!! anyway, i think it has already taken off anyway.
let me advise yall if unity drops a bit pick up a little, say 5% of ur portfolio, another first inland fit happen. e fit bi u ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2008
I am cool oh. I just dey vex at the kind prices wey I dey see for the market .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2008
oshkosh:

I suspect say many peps wey dey recommend for this forum don buy the stock finish before them announce am, as a workaround to the issue of silent deep-pockets.

Na the reason why  peps get to do their own research too oo,  because e go get as e be, if peps come dey recommend stocks for here wey them wan offload  tongue !! Chei! I no sorry for the silent deep-pockets in this case sha, na the small investor wey they find them feet for this NSE maze na im I sorry for pass oo!

When I see beginners dey ask for CICO, RORO, taleban etc  stocks, na recipe for serious hypertension una dey look so.

omo na wa o! na so u just take style throw in conspiracy theory for here ke.
from the history and good name this thread has established, all of the people who have become friends and really a family of sorts ave proven their loyalty over and over to each other . at least i speak for myself and i'm sure for everyone else on here including u.

e good as u say make all man do im analysis . i agree with u. this thread is also an invaluable tool in that analysis.  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2008
shigidi:

easimoni, you don go talk longman now!!!!!!!!!! anyway, i think it has already taken off anyway.
let me advise yall if unity drops a bit pick up a little, say 5% of your portfolio, another first inland fit happen. e fit bi u ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy, no be today easi=N= talk longman. I recall I even they jump after I see say hin eye dey on top bicos I hinted it earlier based on strict fundamentals. With fundamentals and F02 result timing; you can hardly go wrong!!! Would be very suprised if the coy no declare bonus or healthy div, we dey inside dey wait, same with Beta Glass!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2008
aktopgun:

omo na wa o! na so u just take style throw in conspiracy theory for here ke.
from the history and good name this thread has established, all of the people who have become friends and really a family of sorts ave proven their loyalty over and over to each other . at least i speak for myself and i'm sure for everyone else on here including u.

e good as u say make all man do im analysis . i agree with u. this thread is also an invaluable tool in that analysis.  grin grin

I share your sentiments o my brother. I don't think  at least speaking for those i have come to admire and respect on this froum including my very own self anyone will come on this forum to pump and dump.

The day that happens will be a very sad day indeed on this thread i think we look out for one another here!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Billions(f): 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2008
smiley A newcomer in da house, quite impressed with what I've read so far on this thread. Been investing in stocks for a couple of years, never knew something like this existed. Thanks y'all for making this real.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2008
Napolean:

@ Roughcut
I would like to know how I can upload something that would be useful regarding those 3 companies you may be interested in. I didn't forget! smiley

@ all the PP junkies please continue to shine your eyes brighter. It can be very murky out there. I have had some very bad experiences(where one doesn't even see kobo of their initial investment back-the creditors get all) and some very good ones.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/18022008/news/news8.html :not a joke.

Omega savings and loans http://www.omegasavings.com have been doing their pp for about a year now, if one chooses to contact them, they will email you a prospectus. It is at N1.50 for a N1 ordinary share. Any buyer should get full allotment and they say they intend to list. The former Omega bank is part of the new Spring group. However both omega and spring mortgage both want to be totally stand alone from the parent group and from each other! The Omega savings Chairman was very much part of the Spring boardroom drama and I was not interested in purchasing a single unit last year and still am not now. I am on the lookout for Spring bank shares for medium term speculation.

ASO was done around November 2006 and the last time one could have gotten in was about April last year. It was over subscribed what they did recently was a supplementary placing to absorb the excess. It is done and dusted, unless you can get it crossed. Intercontinental was grossly over subcrib ed, issued peanuts and returned funds. I put head in Abbey because it was sweet and the foreign investment were serious guys.

I have know that the mortgage is industry is the next thing (wahala) taking off in Nigeria and I will briefly gloss over why one must consider the issue of land reform, ownership and rights which is especially important for anybody considering taking up a mortgage in Nigeria.

Reltel just popped on the map last night and I will be meeting the majority shareholder next week to find out how far. I like this company as it is indigneous and relatively quiet.

Thanks for getting back to us on that one. pls use this site upload anything you deem useful to us that is what we normally use to upload stuff.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCPMVWIM

When you are logged into the site just copy the code in the top left-hand corner into the password/code field and that should work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mykel09(m): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
i decided to play the market after being a veteran of public offers n told my broker to get me aiico shares for over a week now he has not gotten it yet n its gone from 5.78 to about 6 naira,qstn is ,is my broker plain lousy or are stocks just too difficult to get on the floor
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2008
For anyone using FSDH spreadsheet to update data note that Cutix has been moved from the 2nd Tier sector to the Engineering Technology sector. Easy to overlook.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2008
Nope just copy the shortcut into your browser and copy the code you see in the top left-hand corner into the code/password prompt

Those are some of the stuff that were uploaded by some of our guru's and guguru's on this thread grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
mykel09:

i decided to play the market after being a veteran of public offers n told my broker to get me aiico shares for over a week now he has not gotten it yet n its gone from 5.78 to about 6 naira,qstn is ,is my broker plain lousy or are stocks just too difficult to get on the floor

Aiico has been hard to get since Technical suspension was lifted. Today is the first day in over 2 weeks that the stock experienced some turbulence.

I have a bit myself and have put in a order for more since last week but no show. I am hoping I got when the price dipped today since my bid was lower than the closing price.

So don't blame your broker. Na d stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2008
pumping777:

For anyone using FSDH spreadsheet to update data note that Cutix has been moved from the 2nd Tier sector to the Engineering Technology sector. Easy to overlook.

Pumping777  i beg help me breakdown the upload process on megaupload to elder Napoleon since you be the guguru for this one grin grin grin grin grin

He needs to upload some stuff about some PP's
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ BAba NApo

you can also try www.mihd.net , no malware , simple and neat
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2008
Chei, my broker sold all my capoil today. First I was like  shocked shocked who's doing the buying?? Later I was like  grin grin. Narrow escape with 19% in less than 2 wks.

Lesson #21: never do CICO unless your broker is superman  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2008
Napolean:

@ Roughcut
I would like to know how I can upload something that would be useful regarding those 3 companies you may be interested in. I didn't forget! smiley

I am on the lookout for Spring bank shares for medium term speculation.

I put head in Abbey because it was sweet and the foreign investment were serious guys.

I have know that the mortgage is industry is the next thing (wahala) taking off in Nigeria and I will briefly gloss over why one must consider the issue of land reform, ownership and rights which is especially important for anybody considering taking up a mortgage in Nigeria.

Reltel just popped on the map last night and I will be meeting the majority shareholder next week to find out how far. I like this company as it is indigneous and relatively quiet.

Understand Springmortgage will be listing very soon and from guys that have dealt with them they seem to be doing alright. Dont think i want to touch Spring bank with a barge pole though!

Abbey is another good one though and they are also due to be listed very very soon since i missed out on the PP party i might as well wait for the listing

Where i have had to take mortages in Naija i generally go for developments the banks are directly financing so that way i avoid all the aggro with titles and ownership and land reform!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2008
"The market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart."

I understand the guys who sold 14 million units of TransCorpse, but I don't understand the guys who bought those shares!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:34pm On Feb 18, 2008
Just a thought fellas, on fidelity and the candle pattern. it did a small bull run as i thought last week but its all change.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2008
mistake, mistake, see corrected chart on fidelity below

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
Napolean:

@ Roughcut do I have to register?

I can see something about Afrinvest and MTN.

Sorry please break it down to me again. Sorry!

Make sure your antivirus and anti-spyware vaccinesaktopgun i just had to slip that one in! are up to date grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2008
harami- meaning "pregnant" in japanese

rules of recognition:
1. a long day is preceded by a reasonable trend
2. the color of the first day isnt as important but it is best if it reflects the pattern, ie green color in an uptrend and red in a down trend. this isnt a strict law though
3. a short day follows the lond day with its body completely inside the body range of the long first day
4. the short day should be the opposite color of the long first day

so there u have it. i expect more jibes and jokes about this cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2008
RoughCut:

Pumping777  i beg help me breakdown the upload process on megaupload to elder Napoleon since you be the guguru for this one grin grin grin grin grin

He needs to upload some stuff about some PP's

Make I try.

To Upload.

1. Go to the Home Page --> http://www.megaupload.com/
2. On the top right hand corner, click on "browse" and select the file you want to upload.
3. At the bottom right hand corner, fill in the text field directly under "Please enter a meaningful file description" with a descriptive name for the file.
4. Click the check box to accept the terms and conditions
5. Click Send

To Download

1. Go to the Home Page --> http://www.megaupload.com/
2. At the top right hand corner, you will see the "upload" botton and to the left of this an empty text field. Further left, you will find some characters eg XYZ (please enter XYZ here) Enter these characters in the empty text field.
3. Click the "download" button to navigate to the download page.
4. Wait for the timer to count down and enable the "Free download" bottom at the bottom of the "free" column.
5. Click the "Free download" button once it is enabled.

***For your safety, avoid clicking on any banners or adverts on this site and ensure you have real time protection anti-virus software.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2008
Dbenzd Where are you? that will depend on some of my answers to you. Because of you I will open a separate thread now

@Napoleon,

I dey o!. Looking forward to your thread!

Please let us know when it is up.

Thanks also for the CICO info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2008
Is anyone surprised about the daily stock position today? Very few stocks on net bid today. Very different from what we've been seeing in the last few weeks.

I hope it is not the fear of the "February 6" syndrome that is reflecting on the market. One thing I have always known for sure is that many times, unreal net bids that can't be fulfilled are placed indefinitely for some stocks just to see the rise in prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Fatherof2, where you dey? U don see my previous posts? Abi work no let you see road?

I await your comments.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hi All,
Isn't CSCS trade alert supposed to be error free?

Twice now that I have noticed, their trade alert figures have not matched the pricelist on various websites.
Today for instance, they reported the following prices for these shares I disposed:
FBN, N49.80
GTB, N36.74
UBA, N49.95

I have checked across various websites and can't find a match for them even in the fluctuations.
These same shares when they were bought were some kobos higher, now in selling they are some kobos lower.
What's going on? taxation or what?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
Iwerebor:

Hi All,

Twice now that I have noticed, their trade alert figures have not matched the pricelist on various websites.
Today for instance, they reported the following prices for these shares I disposed:
FBN, N49.80
GTB, N36.74
UBA, N49.95

I have checked across various websites and can't find a match for them even in the fluctuations.
These same shares when they were bought were some kobos higher, now in selling they are some kobos lower.

Many prices occur between the low, the high, the open and the close prices. You won't find your individual sell or buy prices on any site except you bought or sold at the low, high, open or closing price for the day.

You should only be concerned if you stock was bought or sold at a price lower than the lowest for the day or higher than the highest price of the day. Your price should be somewhere between the lowest and highest price of the day.

Of course I won't complain if it is sold at a price higher than the highest of the day  grin or bought at a price lower than the lowest of the day  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
Iwerebor:

Hi All,

FBN, N49.80
GTB, N36.74
UBA, N49.95

According to my FSDH sheet, the lows for the aforementioned companies are
FBN 48.75
GTB 36.36
UBA 49.81

Your broker sold your shares within the day's ranges. Abi did I misunderstand your question?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ PUMPING,

how you take see this diamond in the rough
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2008
ololufemi:

@ PUMPING,

how you take see this diamond in the rough

I think a good re-entry point presented itself today. Maybe it will even dip further tomorrow making it even better. Everything now depends on how good the result will be. That is the real issue.

It's also good to know that the GDR shares are not likely to be credited before the Q-3 results.

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.