Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,453 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:38 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822853 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2008
hey hey hey!! fellas, brothers, whats with all the aggressive undertones on here today, did people wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

make una stop this kia kia! (myself included wink)
we are all brothers and sisters here abi!

senator, damacheo, aktopgun, harrisoft, calm down, calm down. no need to get fiesty.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:23am On Feb 19, 2008
loma:

@Harrisoft, softly,softly o. Stocks by Candle-light is an education, not a distraction o. DO you know how may of us have saved or gained money by this? , Just as we have people analyzing stocks using other tools, AkTopCandle,sorry akTopGun is welcome to do same here o. Abi others, i no yarn well?

Una no go kill person for here with lafta o, whoosh one be AkTopCandle!!! grin grin grin

Bros nna men, abeg what is happening to Guaranty Trust Assurance o, I get plenti kg tied up there and they kept on doing share reconstruction without end. Anyone with an idea of when they plan to come to the NSE? Thanks,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2008
@Napolean, Wanajo, Nairalanders

I think it is very likely that there will be an amicable resolution of the Nitel issue.

Beyond the headlines, what seems to be happening is that Transcorp will retain about 10-15% of Nitel while the Government will also reduce their share to probably about 25%. This has always been the likely outcome except that transcorp wanted to retain control and then was to get about 25%.

The government will be stupid to maintain that it has reversed the whole sale as no company will buy for other than a giveaway price knowing that Transcorp will sue and will be very likely to win the case! I don't think Yaradua is a stupid man.

I think what is going on is a battle for who controls the sale and an attempt to placate the stakeholders who have clamoured for Nitel to be taken back.

Happy days are round the corner for those of us still there.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:27am On Feb 19, 2008
debenzd:

@Nairalanders,

Diamond 9 months is out o!

Over 9Biliion PAT compared to over 4Billion PAT.

What do u think?

Nothing spectacular. Q1 PAT was N2bn. Q2 PAT was N5.8bn. So if Q3 PAT is <N10bn it implies that the Full year will be about N13bn. That will give an EPS of <N1.00 which at current price is like a PE of 22.00. So to me, nothing fantastic.

However, Diamond is well positioned to issue a bonus which may influence the price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

see me see trouble o! are u asking me to leave the thread because i post candlestick analysis, so that i don't distract us. Harrisoft, who be the us wey u dey refer to?

so i should stop posting because u feel side tracked? what exactly are u on about mate? if its a case of u not understanding what is posted then by all means, ignore it. afterall, the charting pattern is about stocks and not candle manufacturing ke!!

nah mate, nah. its a free forum and until u start urs i suggest u either ignore my posts or get used to it! What the ,

Aktopgun E bi like say Tobi no allow you sleep well well, because (on a very good day) you no dey quick vex.

Abegi no mind Harihard (sorry) soft jare.

We need all the help we can get o, especially with Nepa we no dey trustworthy so and fuel price dey halla every day candle can be the only hope. So Harisoft no quench our light o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2008
@ Elder Napoleon.
Im reading your post as if im listening to bloomberg. Keep on the good work.

@ Windywendy
Unity magic is performing, do u knw my entering price? Less than 9 naira, i dun mind selling it at 10 or 11. Mhm my Roll Royce, where is father of 1+1 ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2008
crazyT:

[b]Aktopgun E bi like say Tobi no allow you sleep well well, because (on a very good day) you no dey quick vex.[/b]Abegi no mind Harihard (sorry) soft jare.

We need all the help we can get o, especially with Nepa we no dey trustworthy so and fuel price dey halla every day candle can be the only hope. So Harisoft no quench our light o

cheesy cheesy cheesy. My brother no mind me jare. i don cool down.

On Tobechukwu, the doctors are maintaining teir confession based on their tests and we are maintaining our confession based on God's promises. U know who go win now abi?  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2008
wanaj0:

Nothing spectacular. Q1 PAT was N2bn. Q2 PAT was N5.8bn. So if Q3 PAT is <N10bn it implies that the Full year will be about N13bn. That will give an EPS of <N1.00 which at current price is like a PE of 22.00. So to me, nothing fantastic.

However, Diamond is well positioned to issue a bonus which may influence the price.

Thanks Wanajo. We go siddon put 4 dis one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2008
samstone4:

@Napolean, Wanajo, Nairalanders

I think it is very likely that there will be an amicable resolution of the Nitel issue.

Beyond the headlines, what seems to be happening is that Transcorp will retain about 10-15% of Nitel while the Government will also reduce their share to probably about 25%. This has always been the likely outcome except that transcorp wanted to retain control and then was to get about 25%.

The government will be stupid to maintain that it has reversed the whole sale as no company will buy for other than a giveaway price knowing that Transcorp will sue and will be very likely to win the case! I don't think Yaradua is a stupid man.

I think what is going on is a battle for who controls the sale and an attempt to placate the stakeholders who have clamoured for Nitel to be taken back.

Happy days are round the corner for those of us still there.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

Don't be too sure of Yaradua and those around him.

Transcorp will need all the finance, energy and goodwill to pull through. Right now it is lacking in all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:57am On Feb 19, 2008
@wanajo, maybe it was because the market didnt find anything special about this result that the stock lost yesterday.

Market insiders may have seen this result early yesterday, so while the rest of us dicks and harrys were buying in to také position in readiness for the expected result, the ppl in the know were busy offloading on top of our heads.

How do you like this conspiracy theory?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2008
Sorry guys, I was talking about Diamond bank above.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2008
Diamond,
now may be a good time to buy and if u have liver even wait a day cuz it might even drop if u use candle light look am  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy. lets see what id does today

@harrisoft, i hope that is short enough  cheesy (now u make me sound like juju man as i no get pictorial to show wetin i mean when i say the candles suggest a dark cloud formed for diamond  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ akTopgun

I said SIDETRACK (a form of digression)  not DISTRACT please ( abeg I no get liver reach to call a guru like you distraction o, my hand no dey ooooo, abeg no vex).

Candlestick is good, I specially like the inverted hammer (best to known bottom out stocks, when you use it along with RSI (grambdaloot)  and Thur/Fri (Fo2) and Month end/beginning (Fo2)  you can not go wrong in your timing) .

But you see easimoni has save us the digression by having a trend for Technical Analysis using Aptistock (where I am a silent reader) that is not to say he is not contribution to this trend.

THe same way Uncle Nap say he wan stay one trend for long posting.

Take the guru’s path like him start something great (on candlesticks) that is all. Your contribution will still be coming in. (@ all hope you get my koko please let’s not miss issues up)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
invisible!:

@wanajo, maybe it was because the market didnt find anything special about this result that the stock lost yesterday.

Market insiders may have seen this result early yesterday, so while the rest of us dicks and harrys were buying in to také position in readiness for the expected result, the people in the know were busy offloading on top of our heads.

How do you like this conspiracy theory?

I think the result is in line with projection. Expected full year PAT <N13bn. A 9 month result of N9bn just shows that it is still on course. Bonus rumour may drive the price. Currently I consider it fairly valued.

Oceanic, UBA , SKYE and Zenith are looking good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Aktopgun, I doubt if Diamond will drop again today as the regular crowd will latch on to that result and raise enough bids to sustain a price increase for a few days more.

Keep up the good work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

cheesy cheesy cheesy. My brother no mind me jare. i don cool down.

On Tobechukwu, the doctors are maintaining teir confession based on their tests and we are maintaining our confession based on God's promises. You know who go win now abi?  cheesy  cheesy

Baba God must win now them no dey dispute that one.

Just keep your head up don’t allow any negative thoughts to enter your mind and see what has been done in the spirit realm manifesting into physical.  It is well!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SENATORJD(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
alright aktopgun, i lay down my sword cool
hope ure aight?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 12:12pm On Feb 19, 2008
invisible!:

If the post TS bull run in AIICO is to be taken as a guide, then I better load Crusader now, and wait till after PO is done and sell after TS is lifted.

Is there anything wrong with this thinking?

But AIICO went on TS just before the insurance sector bull run and its now playing caught up, not quite sure if it will be the same with Crusader which was in the bull run.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ All

I think if Fidelity shed some weight today na better time to enter bi that?

@ Aktopgun What says the “juju” candle? grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SENATORJD(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2008
@wanaj0 oceanic? whats bin up with them, it seems to have bin declining at a slow rate or am i wrong? 28.51 from like 30.80 as at 8th feb. any insider tip or is it just the mormal trend that share prices go thru?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
@wanajo, you just mentioned some good banking stocks that will be prefarable against Diamond.

But I am afraid, Skye may not be available on the floor, Oceanic has got some ppl verifying certificates which they will subsequently sell,(may pull the price down for some time) Zenith, I doubt they will offer anything in june, since there is this unified calendar, making us to wait it out till December. UBA still has an unexplainable gravitational force pulling it down, has been on my brokers 'buy' list since Dec. Last yr. (A record breaking performance for the stock) but make them rise na! E no gree.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2008
crazyT:

@ All

I think if Fidelity shed some weight today na better time to enter bi that? 

@ Aktopgun   What says the “juju” candle?  grin grin grin

candle do talk yesterday on dat one jare. i no even remeber wetin e talk sef. too much going on right now.

@harrisoft. no wahala my brother but e be like say u no like me at all at all cheesy. U mean i dont spend enough time as it is on this thread that i should go and start another one? u wan make madam finally throw my kaya commot for house? cheesy.
the time to start dat one no dey o. besides i like the idea of a one stop shop for all analysis on the stock market. u get the gist on eps, pe, news behind the news and of course technical anlysis all in one place. what could be better than that?

by the way, Guru ko, guru ni. Na guguru me i be jo!  cheesy  cheesy. i no wan die young o abeg
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2008
@All, here comes.

DIAMOND BANK PLC NINE MONTHS RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 31 JANUARY 2007
                               2007         2006    CHANGE    % CHANGE
                                 N'b            N'b        N'b              %
GROSS EARNINGS    41.713     28.525  13.188       46.23
PBT                            11.966    6.015    5.951        98.94
TAXATION                  -2.393    -1.383  -1.010        -73.03
PAT                           9.573       4.632    4.941       106.67

NESTLE NIGERIA PLC AUDITED RESULT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
                                     2007              2006               CHANGE               % CHANGE
                                       N'b                N'b                    N'b                           %
TURNOVER                    44.027            38.422             5.605                      14.59
PBT                                8.463              8.197              0.266                       3.25
TAXATION                     -3.021             -2.537             -0.484                      -19.08
PAT                                5.441              5.660              -0.219                      -3.87
INTERIM DIVIDEND       N1.75      
FINAL DIVIDEND           N6.45
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

by the way, Guru ko, guru ni. Na guguru me i be jo! cheesy cheesy. i no wan die young o abeg

Which flavour of guguru you be salted or honey-coated? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2008
@roughcut

honey coated naturally grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2008
RoughCut:

Which flavour of guguru you be salted or honey-coated? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na WAX coated jo o!! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:41pm On Feb 19, 2008
pumping777:

Na WAX coated jo o!! grin grin grin

Candle WAX coated cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

BTW: wey madam Yodi and FO2?probably counting their GTB loot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2008
@pumping

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i'm loving it, loving it, loving it, i'm loving it like this. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
@roughcut

u feeling cutix right about now? look who's talking about loot wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
Let me add some humor as we await price report from the floor.
It will be funny if all of us give reasons for choosing th funny names we use on this forum.

It makes me laugh when I think about how somebody chose to answer Shigidi, or windy wendy, (the lady dey do fan) or Aktopgun, maybe the guy worked as a police or soldier (or worst still robbe, Ha no be me takl am oooo, ).

Okay lets assume easimoni has been making some serious cash easily, hence his name. What of roughcut, abi the guy dey cut peeps for deals? I will never forget pumping777 (this guy must be manufacturing pumping machines. Napoleon must be born in the same year the famous one from france was defeated. Yodiyokun, No idea.

Ololufemi must have at least twelve babes, fof two? Well his own is understandable, until he will score another goal and have quintiplets, his name here will change to Fof6. Samstone may be a big dealer in stones, or a building contractor.

Mr. Risky must have been a dedicated gambler, Frankiriri sounds like a south south oil kingpin. Debenzed must have at least one mercedes car, and on and on the list goes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2008
ha! egba mi, help me o. transcorp is currently topping the NSE in volume sold so far today shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2008
transcorp, volume over 132m. the next stock so far has a volume of 75m.

technical suspension my left bum cheek. those who want to sell obviously can sell!!!
its one rule for the goose and another for the gander.

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.