Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,474 members, 7,968,317 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:58 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (836827 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

transcorp, volume over 132m. the next stock so far has a volume of 75m.

technical suspension my left bum cheek. those who want to sell obviously can sell!!!
its one rule for the goose and another for the gander.

People are still buying? oga ju, I guess liver pass liver
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

u feeling cutix right about now? look who's talking about loot wink

I feel you my brother we are talking the same language. The funny thing is i was never interested in the stock. Remember you said you were going to investigate the share reconstruction that we spotted regarding the double-top formation around the time they did the reconstruction

Somehow i changed my mind boy am i glad i did?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
What I know is that something is happening behind the scenes in Transcorp, but no matter who is buying or who is selling, its still too risky to jump in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2008
invisible!:

Let me add some humor as we await price report from the floor.
It will be funny if all of us give reasons for choosing th funny names we use on this forum.

It makes me laugh when I think about how somebody chose to answer Shigidi, or windy wendy, (the lady dey do fan) or Aktopgun, maybe the guy worked as a police or soldier (or worst still robbe, Ha no be me takl am oooo, ).

Okay lets assume easimoni has been making some serious cash easily, hence his name. What of roughcut, abi the guy dey cut peeps for deals? I will never forget pumping777 (this guy must be manufacturing pumping machines. Napoleon must be born in the same year the famous one from france was defeated. Yodiyokun, No idea.

I be rough diamond wey dem just cut and not yet polished grin grin grin grin grin grin

And i think Aktopgun is now Aktopcandle
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BHG: 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun, as per Transcorp, the dry bones shall surely rise again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2008
@roughcut

i did investigate it and i liked what i saw. its done me well so far but i had to wait a few months with wifey threatening to stop giving me food  cheesy  cheesy, cuz it was a constant red for a while on our portfolio but now she's loving it too, its just for a few others that i'm being starved now  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

ha! egba mi, help me o. transcorp is currently topping the NSE in volume sold so far today shocked shocked shocked

Honestly the Nigerian Stock Exchange is a "Case Study"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
I see we still have some transcorp diehards.  grin. wishful thinking u think?  cheesy  cheesy

as its already been said, too so much needs to be changed for transcorps bones to rise again. i hope for my fellas it does change but as i said over the weekend, i work too hard for my money to have it entangled in the politics of the big (yeah right) boys in naija.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

i did investigate it and i liked what i saw. its done me well so far but i had to wait a few months with wifey threatening to stop giving me food  cheesy  cheesy, because it was a constant red for a while on our portfolio but now she's loving it too, its just for a few others that i'm being starved now  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

If na to starve for a few more weeks until red turn to green no wahala. Na Oceanic be tug of war for family meeting now i wan jump commot wifey no gree we have to get to Australia. Looks like i go just lock that one for inside long-term portfolio cooler make i siddon dey look grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
the market closed with Transcorp having the highest volume of transactions sold today  shocked  shocked.
who are the fellas buying and why pray tell? which kind of risk appetite is that? this is more like risky appetite o. (@risky, no pun intended man  cheesy)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

I see we still have some transcorp diehards.  grin. wishful thinking u think?  cheesy  cheesy

as its already been said, too so much needs to be changed for transcorps bones to rise again. i hope for my fellas it does change but as i said over the weekend, i work too hard for my money to have it entangled in the politics of the big (yeah right) boys in naija.

The day wey i hear say Baba Iyabo get shares for inside Transcorp and Madam Ndi come be one of the directors i just lost interest patapata. Looks like i made a good call. Transcorp should be a turn-around candidate  but the shenanigans  too much haba! so i dont see an upturn soonest.

At least with my luggage still trapped in WEMA jet that has refused to leave the tarmac i can still sleep at night!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

the market closed with Transcorp having the highest volume of transactions sold today shocked shocked.
who are the fellas buying and why pray tell? which kind of risk appetite is that? this is more like risky appetite o. (@risky, no pun intended man cheesy)

Where are you guys viewing the market?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BHG: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2008
That's why it's a very drrryyyy bone.Good candidate for Baba God to flex muscles.Keep watching the space, grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2008
Ola007:

Where are you guys viewing the market?

www.nigerianstockexchange.com bro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
first bank looking even more attractive now. dropped again today. oh happy days are here again grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

the market closed with Transcorp having the highest volume of transactions sold today  shocked  shocked.
who are the fellas buying and why pray tell? which kind of risk appetite is that? this is more like risky appetite o. (@risky, no pun intended man  cheesy)

AKT, can you still remember my question yesterday?   I had asked "WHAT DID YOUR CANDLE TELL ABOUT TRANSCORP",  I sounded crazy, but today you can see it is BULLISH grin grin grin grin grin   Truly, apart from the money I make on the NSE, its UNPREDICTABILITY is a great fun, a panacea for MAJOR DEPRESSION!!!!!!!  I recommend you prescribe it to your patients.  Who knows?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Crownvilla(m): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2008
SENATOR JD:

for folks who want to monitor their shares and stocks worth. visiit www.investorsdelight.com
its a wonderful site, its free shocked and u get up to date information on the movement(upward wink or downward angry) of your shares worth, whether ure making a loss embarassed or gain grin.

Hi Senator, the site you have mentioned above is not accessible/not working. Have you made a mistake somewhere in the addy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2008
Mr. Risky:

AKT, can you still remember my question yesterday?   I had asked "WHAT DID YOUR CANDLE TELL ABOUT TRANSCORP",  I sounded crazy, but today you can see it is BULLISH grin grin grin grin grin   Truly, apart from the money I make on the NSE, its UNPREDICTABILITY is a great fun, a panacea for MAJOR DEPRESSION!!!!!!!  I recommend you prescribe it to your patients.  Who knows?

@risky
cheesy cheesy.na real wa o. well sha. u know thre's no charting for companies on TS now. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2008
Salvage:

Honestly the Nigerian Stock Exchange is a "Case Study"

Some people definitely know what we do not know as per Transcorp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2008
debenzd:

Some people definitely know what we do not know as per Transcorp

I'm happy for them to keep that "knowledge" to themselves grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2008
@roughcut

omo u dey see cutix?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

omo u dey see cutix?

I see the one way you write up there. Abeg where you dey see your own and wetin you see?

Remove the wax from your brother's eyes one time. grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2008
Stock Market Review for Today

Helium was up, feathers were down.
Paper was stationary.Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading.
Knives were up sharply.Cow steered into a bull market.
Pencils lost a few points.Hiking equipment was trailing.
Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline.
Weights were up in heavy trading.Light switches were off.
Mining equipment hit rock bottom.
Diapers remain unchanged.Shipping lines stayed at an even keel.
The market for raisins dried up.Coca Cola fizzled.
Caterpillar stock inched up a bit.
Sun peaked at midday.Balloon prices were inflated.
And batteries exploded in an attempt to recharge the market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
@loma - grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2008
@pumping

roughcut and i looked at Cutix late last year and based on the analysis at the time i recommended he buy it. all the analysis was done on here. he had some reservations at the time but went ahead with it and the rest is history.

based on the analysis then it had just done a split and was marked down for it. it was at about N25 when the stock slit occured, cant remeber the ratio by heart right now but the price came down to about 11 or so. From the fundamental analysis based on nformation available at the time they are a solid company and looking to continue doing well.
roughcut and i both got in (i got in at 13.50). i see the price steadily climbing to its pre-split price. donthave easi's sheet at hand so cant give u figures on the fundamentals but will check when i get home
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
@all

Before the Clintons here start accusing my Obama-self of plagiarism, most of the stock humor is adapted from the net for the Nigerian mind-set.

Next I shall show you 5 signs that show you are thinking too much about your NSE portfolio.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2008
You know you are thinking too much of your NSE portfolio when:

You gave your broker a gift on the anniversary of the day you opened your stockbroking account, but forgot to give your wife anything on your wedding anniversary.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
You know you are thinking too much of your NSE portfolio when:

You tell your children they can't go to college yet because you are convinced you can make another 50% CICO on their education accounts when the market turns around.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
You made your sixteen year old niece get a job at a little-known manufacturing company in the hopes that she would over hear something and give you valuable insider trading tips on their penny stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2008
pls aktopgun, pls could u check d candles for me on dunlop, thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.