Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,456 members, 7,881,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:22 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822866 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2008
You know you are thinking too much of your NSE portfolio when: The NSE drops 10% or more, you demand your family skip one meal a day so you can quickly raise cash to buy stock at the new, cheap levels.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2008
And finally,
You know you are thinking too much of your NSE portfolio when:

You wander the house on Saturday and Sunday because you have nothing to do. Every hour, on the hour, you loudly announce to the house the time remaining until the market opens.

You have an automatic refresh button for this thread,and the TRW stock prices page

and you begin to use CICO and candle language when talking to your spouse,e.g do you know your friend is now harami (i.e pregnant)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bolakale1(f): 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
goodday all for people like us who are novist in the stock business,do you advice we continue investing in stock or rather put money into something esle,abeg make una no follow me join stocks to take they laugh o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2008
@all.

As per Transcorp, the people that are still buying are those that controls the market(mopping up).

Transcorp will be coming back to the floor of NSE very soon in a big way (info from a reliable source).

Na wa for Niger o; wonders shall never end. If you have a small liver, please don't put your money in Transcorp now.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
Nestle's result is below expectations.

After Q-3 PAT of N4.88B, FY PAT comes in well below the projected N6.5B at N4.88B. A decline of around 3% when compared to last year's results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
This thread is highly addictive.

My productivity assesment is on the decline, I'm only on top by bullshitting my way through reviews.

At home, they've thrown in the towels on my addiction.

AKTopgun, I need professional help.

My refresh button is worn out because of this thread.

I can go on with my list, but the fact remain I need help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2008
Talktrue:

This thread is highly addictive.

My productivity assesment is on the decline, I'm only on top by bullshitting my way through job reviews.

At home, they've thrown in the towels on my addiction.

AKTopgun, I need professional help.

My refresh button is worn out because of this thread.

I can go on with ma list, but the fact remain I ned help.

i bet ur bank balance doesnt need help though. wink

if u still need my help i'll charge u the nairaland rate: £100/hour. minimum 16 sessions per treatment schedule cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2008
@All
Please i need help with the personal numbers of those that work in the certificate sections of the registrars below.I will greatly appreciate anmy help as my certs lodged thru valueline remians unverified since April last year

1.Union registrars
2.Diamond
3.Oceanic
4.Zenith
Waiting for ur response
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

i bet your bank balance doesnt need help though. wink

if u still need my help i'll charge u the nairaland rate: [b]£[/b]100/hour. minimum 16 sessions per treatment schedule cheesy cheesy

This are the people destroying our economy. How can you be charging £ on NAIRAland
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
pls attopgun, pls help me on what the candles say about dunlop
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
My portfolio is looking extremely greenish with Scoa(thanks to pumping), Niwicable(thanks to Wendy), Berger(thanks to Wendy) and Uniondicon (thanks to Prince11)!

smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
loma:

My portfolio is looking extremely greenish with Scoa, Niwicable and Uniondicon!

Now, that one is not a joke!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2008
Wanajo

Bros abeg help me ask am oooo

BTW na dat kain money una d mek for that side maybe am in the wrong profession but anyway Engineers rock anytime.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
Please, at what price did longman close today, how much in value terms did it gain/lose?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2008
Talktrue:

Wanajo

Bros abeg help me ask am oooo

BTW na that kain money una d mek for that side maybe am in the wrong profession but anyway Engineers rock anytime.

I hope you have engineered some Law Union & ROCK into your portfolio.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2008
invisible!:

Please, at what price did longman close today, how much in value terms did it gain/lose?

Security Price PriceChange High Low Trades Volume

LONGMAN 28.78 1.37 28.78 26.40 10 63,850
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flintstone: 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2008
Gurus in d house

please i want to buy john holt and alumaco for short term,
please let me know if it is a good decision

, I still dey wait for approval oo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2008
nkc:

please aktopgun, please could u check d candles for me on dunlop, thank u

Just put small kerosine on top of the dunlop tyre, light matches on top, and the tin go light like candle, and before you know it, you will not need AKT to de do yanga for you again grin grin grin Me self do try am cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2008
wanaj0:

This are the people destroying our economy. How can you be charging £ on NAIRAland

@wanajo tongue. its a problem when a person starts blaming other people for a problem they caused for themselves. its called transference tongue grin. if the man wants my help he will have to come to me and pay in the currency used where i live, abi. na person wey dey find something dey look for am cheesy cheesy

@nkc, which kain yanga i dey do? i just dey add my small quota for this thread u know. cheesy. the new addition is that i now technically analyse fundamental stocks cheesy grin

@talktrue, bro, u talk true for that one, u ARE in the wrong profession cheesy cheesy. Only kidding
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ALL
E ku ise o, it's hard to keep up with thread sha, tew much knowledge dey flow and I for contribute more but what's left to say after dem don they even carry candle

@ELDER NAPOLEON, WHY DID ABC MAKE YOUR LIST. I HAVE MY OWN REASONS FOR OWNING THE STOCK BUT WILL LIKE TO HEAR FROM AWON AGBA.

@ ABC flight is up 20% already abi I am seeing double ni?
What is driving the price I am not complaining o it's a medium to long term anyway.
Come to think of it most of my stocks are long term (except when I pulled some 2 months stunts with Diamond)

I think Risky is also on board.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2008
Thot Transcorp is on Technocrat as a nairalander put it suspension?

Has it been released?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ochenya200(f): 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2008
hey,
please can someone tell how long do stock bought from secondary market takes before you can trade on and how long before your broker can inform you of the qualitity purchase and the rate.

Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
@aktopgun
i douted you on cutix going green after the poor result.
now i believe those your quagadougo candles can really talk.keep them coming.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Nairalanders

Hear that Transcorp now to seek refund of money paid for Nitel from government. That should be no biggie.

What will be better is for Transcorp to keep a stake in Nitel and get refund for the rest, as is likely. This way everybody is satisfied - WE THE OWNERS OF TRANSCORP, the anti-Obasanjo enemies of Transcorp, the unions etc.

My main concern is that the leadership of Transcorp is so hopelessly compromised that they cannot play hardball with the government.

Those who sold their shares in the company prematurely after urging the public to buy at 7.50N should not continue at the helm.

Vote for Samstone4 for Transcorp board. I will represent the interest of the talakawas. The revolution has begun.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
@nkc

looks like dunlop is entering a trading range and may form support at this level.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
dollyp1cute:

@ALL
E ku ise o, it's hard to keep up with thread sha, tew much knowledge dey flow and I for contribute more but what's left to say after them don they even carry candle

@ELDER NAPOLEON, WHY DID ABC MAKE YOUR LIST. I HAVE MY OWN REASONS FOR OWNING THE STOCK BUT WILL LIKE TO HEAR FROM AWON AGBA.

@ ABC flight is up 20% already abi I am seeing double ni?

You just dey put molue wey don leave bus-stop for reverse again haba? just enjoy the ride and when the bus begin hit too many potholes na im be say you don reach your destination be dat i beg no ask question again concerning ABC again o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2008
Napolean:

Daar communication I think should have gotten their act together and produce decent programmes that are of high standard before selling some stock to the public. I was not interested in their pp last year and will not be interested in their IPO next month.

The number of shares being sold are small and because people like buying I expect mass over subscription and return of money. High price then medium stabilization. Not much action until  quarterly results get released then a big PO  in a couple of years with lots of shares being sold and the price heading south or not changing much.

Anyway what I wanted to upload was the financials and some projections I received from Multilink last month on a USB. It does not mention the pp as it is going to be very private later this year. The entry price I have been told will be quite high- but I do not expect this to stay as MTN’s didn’t. I found the projection quite interesting but I am yet to determine how realistic. Anybody interested I am sure can obtain the same info I received by contacting them.

Interswitch will release their documents later (within 12 weeks) and one of the firms it is likely to place through is WSTC.

Starcomms- IBTC.

I did try that mega upload site but  I’m not sure what I did wrong. Then when I wanted to download what I thought I had uploaded it would count down it seconds then show me nothing. I gave up. But Pumping and Roughcut thanks for trying to guide me.

I did not get time to do my thread. It is not important anyway. I will try and log in over the week end and start.  Must go now, thank you.

Oga me, u are too much.Please permit me to be your Goddaughter cos i like to follow connected people.U have a lot of insider information and for  u to say u dey for that Thisday Award, it shows that u are a big player cos i passed the place that Sunday and i know the kind of cars wey i see there.Please don't forget me incase of small pp.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
aktopgun:

@nkc

looks like dunlop is entering a trading range and may form support at this level.

The much heralded turn-around for this company has failed to materialize too many false starts if you ask me so not sure a significant upside to this one for the time-being. Having said that na so a lot of peeps talk for CI Leasing last year that its not yet time for the stock not until 2009 but we know better now

I havent checked the colour of the candles i have at home sha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2008
@AKTOPGUN,

WETIN UR CANDLE LIGHT SEE 4 GT AND OCEANIC BANK BIKO?

I HOPE U KNOW SAY DIS NA UR SECOND WORK ONLY NA FOR FREE( BUT PLENTY PRAYERS ADDED) grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.