Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821598 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2008
@pumping777& aktopgun,

Anyserious candle stick searchlight on LAST PP on IGI b/4 i vex for them also note i need more candle on TEXAS 4 march 4 election to be in OBAMA favour, billarry won do magomago but we dey kampe were is no shaking grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2008
invisible!:

@aktopgun, pumping777, you know what has been strenghtening this my bid-offer war perspective, look at Longman today. There was up to 1.8 millon units exchanged in about 33 deals, this stock has been relatively scarce before.

What I think happened today was that supply went up (in reaction to recent price increases) but demand met it equally, so we can say this is an eqillibrium. As we can see, the price didnt change at 29.91.

But tomorrow, a decline may occur as more panicked sellers will try to offload at todays closing price, then buyers will bid lower. How do you guys like this angle?

I think you will need to see tomorrows price movement to detect any trend. It can swing either way.

Look at another scenario. Some buyers may have fashied the stock because of the bull and are waiting for it to slow down. They may hit the market tomorrow and spike the price again.

Your scenario above is also very possible. So tomorrows' movement will help detect a possible trend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Pumping, AKT,

My heart de beat for spreadsheet profit ooo.  Tomorrow is Friday, so what sayest thou on AIICO   Use torch, candle, anything please grin cheesy

It's a hard call. You have to let go of your greed at some point. The spreadsheet profit can disappear fast fast if you are in short term.

I've stopped looking at the spread sheet profit or na quick quick I go call my broker. I figure I must hold on to a couple of insurance stocks medium term at least and the safest one is Aiico for now so no selling. If the price crosses N8, I may reconsider sha.

Funny thing, it still has a lower forward PE ratio than most insurance stocks IF if they can deliver on the projected PAT in the prospectus for FY 2008 but that is still a long way off. That is a big IF because the Q-1 result was no good. N42M after Tax!!!

Any attempt to move down in price, I go wait collect some more.  Another good thing is that Aiico owes us Q-2, Q-3 and FY results so some stimulation is still possible.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Pumping,
What do you think of UNIC as per TS, is it near that in the near future, say mid-year or thereabout? I don't want to get caught with Wema syndrome again.
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2008
pumping777:

It's a hard call. You have to let go of your greed at some point. The spreadsheet profit can disappear fast fast if you are in short term.

I've stopped looking at the spread sheet profit or na quick quick I go call my broker. I figure I must hold on to a couple of insurance stocks medium term at least and the safest one is Aiico for now so no selling. If the price crosses N8, I may reconsider sha.

Funny thing, it still has a lower forward PE ratio than most insurance stocks IF if they can deliver on the projected PAT in the prospectus for FY 2008 but that is still a long way off. That is a big IF because the Q-1 result was no good. N42M after Tax!!!

Any attempt to move down in price, I go wait collect some more.  Another good thing is that Aiico owes us Q-2, Q-3 and FY results so some stimulation is still possible.

My brother, thanks a lot, I share the same sentiments for AIICO too, but I just jumped in this past Monday at N6.07 and wanted to bail out at N7.50, I was only wondering if some longer-throat no go sell tomorrow to drop the price grin grin. See me see analysis grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2008
@ Aktopgun and FatherofME

From ur previous posts, both of you were recommending Japaul (na me talk am first sha), Eternaoil and UAC-Prop.

I took a look at the charts, and Eterna Oil seems to be on a downtrend (RSI trending below 70, and fast MACD intercepting slower MACD)

Or are you tryin to say that the fundamentals beat the TA, so its still a good buy? Or is it jus speculation that Fola Adeola would drive the price up just as he did with AP?

From the charts, UACP and Japaul do look good (even though I know say before PO buyers collect their pali I for don sell my own)

whats your take on my theory?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Pumping 777

I need your Guru opinion,my man.I see you are online.

Do you consider that the governments directive that all banks unify FY-ending for December 2008,will undermine CICO with ZENITH for example?
Zenith normally would end FY in June with its usual promise of good dividend,hence price surge as investors take early position;hence good for CICO.

But now,they may look towards December  sad sad sad.

Same for UBA,First bank and the like.

What do you think,Pumping. . . . ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 12:09am On Feb 22, 2008
pumping , how u doing, any one to pick from this list.
have never done PP and am thinking of starting with one of these,

# DEAP CAPITAL is currently raising N120 million by way of public offer of subscription for Ellah Lakes Plc. Contact your stock broker /banker to subscribe

# DEAP CAPITAL is currently raising N100 million by way of private placement for Resort Savings & Loans Ltd

# DEAP CAPITAL has just concluded a N75 million structured Finance for SIDMACH GROUP’s e-Registration platform for WAEC

# DEAP CAPITAL is currently involved in a N20 million oil & Gas structured finance for The Initiates Ltd

# DEAP CAPITAL was the Financial Adviser in the just concluded N14.0billion offer for subscription of Intercity Bank Plc

# DEAP CAPITAL is the Lead Financial Adviser in the on-going Unity Bank Plc consolidation involving six banks, namely Intercity bank Plc, First Interstate Bank Plc, Pacific Bank Ltd, Tropical Commercial Plc, Societe Bancaire Nigeria Ltd, and CentrePointBank Plc

# DEAP CAPITAL’s asset base has just hit the one billion naira mark, After three full years of operation, total a
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 12:16am On Feb 22, 2008
ACL:

# DEAP CAPITAL is currently raising N120 million by way of public offer of subscription for Ellah Lakes Plc. Contact your stock broker /banker to subscribe

# DEAP CAPITAL is currently raising N100 million by way of private placement for Resort Savings & Loans Ltd

# DEAP CAPITAL has just concluded a N75 million structured Finance for SIDMACH GROUP’s e-Registration platform for WAEC

# DEAP CAPITAL is currently involved in a N20 million oil & Gas structured finance for The Initiates Ltd

# DEAP CAPITAL was the Financial Adviser in the just concluded N14.0billion offer for subscription of Intercity Bank Plc

# DEAP CAPITAL is the Lead Financial Adviser in the on-going Unity Bank Plc consolidation involving six banks, namely Intercity bank Plc, First Interstate Bank Plc, Pacific Bank Ltd, Tropical Commercial Plc, Societe Bancaire Nigeria Ltd, and CentrePointBank Plc

# DEAP CAPITAL’s asset base has just hit the one billion naira mark, After three full years of operation, total a

YOU DEY WORK FOR DEAP? ABI U GET ALL UR MONEY FOR THERE. THIS ONE WEY U DEY ADVERTISE THEM? ANY UPSWING NEWS ATTACHED?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 12:17am On Feb 22, 2008
DEAP CAPITAL also has a strategic alliance with Resort Savings and Loans Limited (RSL), a mortgage bank in Nigeria. RSL is commited to revolutionizing the housing mortgage sector in Nigeria by delivering housing units to both the upper and middle class segments of the society. Its products are also accessible to Nigerians in Diaspora.

It is reckoned by the World Bank that Nigeria would need additional 720,000 housing units each year in order to attain the millenium Development Goals by 2015. Convinced that this enourmous gap provides opprtunity for well focused Morgage finance Intermediation, DEAP CAPITAL led the way to re-structure and re-capitalize RSL. Following the re-structuring exercise, Hon Preye Ogriki was appointed as the Managing Director/CEO. Preye is a consumate Banker and Administrator. Mr Femi Ekundayo remains the Chairman.

DEAP holds =N=62million of RSL's =N=150million paid up capital as at September 30, 2005.

For any enquiries on any aspect of Resort Savings & Loans business, send your email to info@deapcapital.com or
call 234-01-2661651, 2669254, 8194781, 4751756-7
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 12:22am On Feb 22, 2008
@ ty,
i dont work with resrt. just asking for advice if the PP for RESORT is a good one.

what do u say
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:56am On Feb 22, 2008
@Nairalanders

Below an item just culled from the Nigerian Guardian newspaper.
Hope this settles all the hullaballoo about Transcorp - as we used to say in standard six:

"My stance on NITEL sale, electricity tariff, by Yar' Adua
The Presidency on Thursday denied reports of any planned increase in electricity tariff, saying no authorisation of such had been given by President Umaru Musa Yar' Adua. The President, the source noted, also did not approve the "revocation" of NITEL/MITEL ownership from Transcorp as there was mutual agreement on modalities for such disengagement. He said the President was worried over rife perceptions that the Federal government was not respecting agreements reached over privatisation processes that tend to paint him as being averse to the suffering of Nigerians. The President, angry about the announcement of the electricity tariff increase and how the approval he gave over disengagement of Transcorp from NITEL/MITEL was "distorted", held meetings with the Minister of Information and Communications, Mr. John Odey and Minister of State for Energy (Power), Hajia Fatima Ibrahim on Thursday morning. Yar'Adua, at the meeting, expressed displeasure at the way the two ministers handled the issues. Mr. Odey had last weekend announced the revocation of the sale of the telecommunications firms to Transcorp. Also, Hajia Ibrahim on Wednesday at the Nigerian Oil and Gas (NOG) conference in Abuja announced the planned increase in electricity tariff, noting that it had become necessary if the country must attain its vision of being one of the world's top 20 economies by 2020. The source added that the President directed the Minister to retract the statement. The President also asked Mr. Odey to hold a meeting and a joint press conference with Transcorp chairman and Director General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Dr Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke to tidy up the truth about the approval he gave on NITEL/MTEL sale."

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nio68(m): 1:06am On Feb 22, 2008
ACL:

@ ty,
i don't work with resrt. just asking for advice if the PP for RESORT is a good one.

what do u say

please post the prospectus of this PP for objective analysis
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:17am On Feb 22, 2008
Krrush:

@Pumping 777

I need your Guru opinion,my man.I see you are online.

Do you consider that the governments directive that all banks unify FY-ending for December 2008,will undermine CICO with ZENITH for example?
Zenith normally would end FY in June with its usual promise of good dividend,hence price surge as investors take early position;hence good for CICO.

But now,they may look towards December sad sad sad.

Same for UBA,First bank and the like.

What do you think,Pumping. . . . ?

Yes, I think this will worry them. We have seen that the interim results have not done the magic and this is because of the relative high nominal price for these stocks. A full year result might just be what is needed to give the necessary momentum.

The 3 bank stocks don't look like good CICO candidates right now. I managed CICO with First Bank but I think that I just rode on the 1 trillion naira mark capitalization run.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:19am On Feb 22, 2008
ACL:

I think one needs to see the propectus for any reasonable analysis.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 1:26am On Feb 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsoXHYICqU

Obama rocks.

please look away from your candle for a while and see this girl.
See what Obama has turned tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
The girl is Obamatonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:56am On Feb 22, 2008
The debate is on!

Go to CNN.com

Obama rocks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 1:59am On Feb 22, 2008
@Pumping777.

Thanks for your opinion.What's annoying in the matter is that one can never be sure how binding such FGN directives are,with the level of incompitence they exhibit time and again.

I think I should look more at growth investing;has never fitted my lazy approach to investing,though.I get apprehensive with small,small companies,though with good fundamentals(as I learn so here),but yet unproven growth.And when they begin to prove themselves. . . . .Well,you know the rest. . . you are left with the crowd,arguing with agbero at the ticket office tongue.

I guess confidence in these small,small companies will come if I learn to do this fundamental research thingie.Abi  sad  sad  sad. . .?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:58am On Feb 22, 2008
loma:

The debate is on!

Go to CNN.com

Obama rocks!
Good debate, Obama is really looking the part - very presidential. Hillary finished strong though.

I would love to see them both on the ticket.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:10am On Feb 22, 2008
Obama you don win o, patapata you go win forever, Obama!!!!

Go Obama Go!! Wey dem?!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:21am On Feb 22, 2008
Pumping, u are still awake? Na Obama cause am?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Teenom(m): 5:23am On Feb 22, 2008
NBA:

Good debate, Obama is really looking the part - very presidential. Hillary finished strong though.

U know say "Obama/Clinton" no dey possible because of Ego problems. Obama don beg Edwards secretly to take that part of VP. Clinton Era don end tonite, gracefully at that, but with small pinch, ("change you can Xerox".Kai mana, 'B"ili"ary' get sharp tongue o! shocked)
grin
Si , se Puede!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 5:26am On Feb 22, 2008
NBA:

I agree with your analysis, Obama looked presidential and Hillary did well at the end (NOTE: I had to modify the last part a bit so I won't be accused of plagiarism, !!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:29am On Feb 22, 2008
easimoni:

Pumping, u are still awake? Na Obama cause am?

Na him jare!!! Celebration galore grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:31am On Feb 22, 2008
Teenom:

You know say "Obama/Clinton" no dey possible because of Ego problems. Obama don beg Edwards secretly to take that part of VP. Clinton Era don end tonight, gracefully at that, but with small pinch, ("change you can Xerox".Kai mana, 'B"ili"ary' get sharp tongue o! shocked)
grin
Si , se Puede!

Dem go sack the person wey recommend that line for them campaign. Chei!!! Very un-presidential comment grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 5:32am On Feb 22, 2008
@ Easimoni,

I beg, you get any idea of CICO oppportunity for this Thursday / Friday, You fit mention am now as most of the big pockets for Naija don sleep finish, (I be your brother oh!!: we go the same schools, )
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:34am On Feb 22, 2008
omo_boy:

@ Easimoni,

I beg, you get any idea of CICO oppportunity for this Thursday / Friday, You fit mention am now as most of the big pockets for Naija don sleep finish, (I be your brother oh!!: we go the same schools, )

In honour of Obama, no trading tomorrow on the NSE. No CICO, RORO, GIGO,SIRO or SIZO(Sneak in, Zoom out) grin grin grin chei! na me talk this one? na play I dey play o  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:38am On Feb 22, 2008
Obama, Some people jealous you!, some people jealous you!!, some people jealous you because you're a winner!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by omoboy3(m): 5:40am On Feb 22, 2008
pumping777:

In honour of Obama, no trading tomorrow on the NSE. No CICO, RORO, GIGO,SIRO or SIZO(Sneak in, Zoom out) grin grin grin chei! na me talk this one? na play I dey play o  grin

@ pumping777

You too can put mouth oh!, You be one of our guru here, I wan send a purchase order to my broker now, Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sdeck: 5:46am On Feb 22, 2008
@Dejipumping
I remember you posted something about Cashcraft's "world class" status. Can you tell us what is happening with Union Diagnostic's PP?

@Yodiyokun, Loma, Pumping777
These your obsession with this Obama dey tire person. The man get mouth but no be mouth go run economy! I remember how some people fell for Obasanjo in 1999. He had just come from jail after being a head of state and all that. He turned out to be a man with short memory of the suffering of people. Last year, they told us that Yaradua and Dr Goodluck Jonathan are intellectuals. They promised to declare an emergency in the power sector. Everybody cheered.

They assumed office in June. We are now in Feb and they are saying that they cannot declare the emergency untill they review what had been done and have set up a committee for that purpose. Yet these are intellectuals from the same party with Obasanjo. Na Loma's magician's type of candle I dey take see as I dey post this one.

Just put somebody with so so mouth for the white house and you go join us they see with Okija candle.

Anyway wetin blackman dey find for whitehouse. He no get respect.

Go way Obama, Go away.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 5:47am On Feb 22, 2008
Teenom:

You know say "Obama/Clinton" no dey possible because of Ego problems. Obama don beg Edwards secretly to take that part of VP. Clinton Era don end tonight, gracefully at that, but with small pinch, ("change you can Xerox".Kai mana, 'B"ili"ary' get sharp tongue o! shocked)
grin
Si , se Puede!
Oh boy, Edwards ke?  shocked I hope not, he doesn't bring anything to the table O! He may not pick Hillaryif he has a choice but certainly not Edwards!
The Obama folks aren't playing though, they quickly put it out there that she xeroxed part of her closing remarks from Edwards. Kai!

Okay wetin dey for tomorrow or today for naija? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:52am On Feb 22, 2008
sdeck:

@Dejipumping
I remember you posted something about Cashcraft's "world class" status. Can you tell us what is happening with Union Diagnostic's PP?

@Yodiyokun, Loma, Pumping777
These your obsession with this Obama dey tire person. The man get mouth but no be mouth go run economy! I remember how some people fell for Obasanjo in 1999. He had just come from jail after being a head of state and all that. He turned out to be a man with short memory of the suffering of people. Last year, they told us that Yaradua and Dr Goodluck Jonathan are intellectuals. They promised to declare an emergency in the power sector. Everybody cheered.

They assumed office in June. We are now in Feb and they are saying that they cannot declare the emergency untill they review what had been done and have set up a committee for that purpose. Yet these are intellectuals from the same party with Obasanjo. Na Loma's magician's type of candle I dey take see as I dey post this one.

Just put somebody with so so mouth for the white house and you go join us they see with Okija candle.

Anyway wetin blackman dey find for whitehouse. He no get respect.

Go way Obama, Go away.  

We dey talk Obama, you dey talk Obasanjo. Abeg, which planet you dey sef??  grin grin If you no like Obama, tell us who you like and why. Even if it is Mr. "My Friends". Na free world we dey ke.

The reason we get the sort of leaders we get in Nigeria is simply the fact that we don't recognize a good leader like Obama when we see one  grin grin grin If you want better leader for Naija, look for change agent  grin grin grin

Abeg, we dey talk of vision and leadership now and not ego  grin grin grin

Obama, carry go o jo o!!!!

All we are saying is, Go OBAMA!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.