Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,891 members, 7,976,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:44 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (838165 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2008
hispy99:

Obama is without doubt a first class orator, but as my people would say, no be words we go chop. I am a black man and I would obviously like a black man to be president of the US someday, but something tells me Obama is not the right person for the job. He reminds me of a general that sends out his troops to war with an uplifting speech but with no weapons and worse, no strategy. People have mentioned that Bill Clinton had no experience before he was President, that is not entirely true. Yes he had no "presidential experience", but he had 11 year governorship experience plus two year as Attorney General of Arkansas. To me, having executive experience is a lot better than being in the senate (federal or state)

Change has become a buzz word as if the word was coined yesterday. He promises to unite the country, how is he going to do that? He is too FAR LEFT to unite the country. George Bush (who is too FAR RIGHT) promised to unite the country when he was campaigning in 2000 (his pledge was he was going to be the uniter) and we can all see how much unity he achieved. It's difficult to unite people when you belong to the extreme end of the spectrum. He also intends to change Washington? We'll see about that.

Let's not even talk about his economic policies, all I can hear so far are tax hikes (Hilary included). He plans to increase capital gains tax to between 20-28% from the current 15%. He plans to roll back the tax cuts for the "wealthy" (Hilary too), as if it was only the wealthy that benefitted from Bush tax cuts. It's simple math, someone that makes a $1million and gets say a 1% tax break will most likely receive more tax refund than someone making $50,000 and gets a 10% tax roll back. Does that mean that only the rich guy benefitted from the tax cut?

I used to be(still am) a democrat supporter, but I am neither impressed with Obama nor Clinton. The economy (putting more money in my pocket grin) is my major concern and the only thing both democratic candiates want to do is take it out angry

If Romney was in the race, he would have had my vote, even though he speaks as if he has 10 different mouths. Mr John "My Friends" McCain cannot inspire even the most optimistic person in the world.

Back to NSE grin AkTopabelaGun, abeg what do the abelas say about OANDO and NASCON this morning?

Very good point my brother! cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by clickdeoye: 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2008
@aktopgun,

What is your take on ABC transport, Please check ABC for the volumes and charts if there is an impending downtrend. Please i want to know how soon to leave or if i still have time to play
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdbull: 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2008
If to say threads on Nairaland dey appreciate for price as determined by demand and supply, this thread for be the most expensive stock thread for Nairaland
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2008
AllenG:

pumping,

Please gist me about the access bank stuff.

To the best of my knowledge, I have not seen the official allotment in the papers, so how come u have got your allocation.

And again (if its not confidential), could u give me an idea of the no of units u bought for u to have got 70% (I applied for 140k, what will my allotment be?)

All,

Obama is it!!!!! The real thing

I posted the Access Allotment list a month or two ago. I can't find it right now.

With 140K units, you will get 63% with the supplementary allotment.

My broker just confirmed that my certificates don land.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2008
husu:

@richieade,
we cannever walk alone.
AMEN grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by member67023: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2008
The whole of NSE has gone hay-wire. Stocks without fundamentals are increasing in price while those with good fundamentals are not moving.

HERD BULLS MENTALITY?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chiboyz(m): 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2008
love this topic ! bring it on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2008
pumping777:

I posted the Access Allotment list a month or two ago. I can't find it right now.

With 140K units, you will get 63% with the supplementary allotment.

My broker just confirmed that my certificates don land.

@pumping777
Congrats on your returned money and certificate for Access, did you write your CSCS number on your application form, if yes why are they issuing certificates? I understand from my broker that Wema Registrars will post less than 50k units applicants with or without letter of authority for collection. Can you help confirm any of these?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by member67023: 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2008
grabdbull:

If to say threads on Nairaland dey appreciate for price as determined by demand and supply, this thread for be the most expensive stock thread for Nairaland

Thats a good idea. If Nairaland do PP or IPO, it will be OVER-subscribed. (just like this thread)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2008
oore:

@pumping777
Congrats on your returned money and certificate for Access, did you write your CSCS number on your application form, if yes why are they issuing certificates? I understand from my broker that Wema Registrars will post less than 50k units applicants with or without letter of authority for collection. Can you help confirm any of these?

I'm also surprised I ended up with certificates. My broker did it so I expect he would have inserted my CSCS number.

I got more than 50K units but what I don't know is if it was posted to my broker or if my broker went to the registrar to pick up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 22, 2008
Mhm! Another return money [NAHCO], no allotment statistic my broker told me verbally. I mean he didnt tell me the allotment statistic. God forbid ipo in my name again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2008
pumping777:

I'm also surprised I ended up with certificates. My broker did it so I expect he would have inserted my CSCS number.

I got more than 50K units but what I don't know is if it was posted to my broker or if my broker went to the registrar to pick up.
Thanks pumping, broker pass broker. Enjoy and keep pumping.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
FatherOF2:

The post when u send before this one and this bold print dey make me detect SHAKY CONFIDENCE when u get for candle.
The tin with candle when i go advice you not to trust too much in am is this " [b]IT ONLY TELLS YOU AFTER THE DAYS FACT". [/b]
You need stronger tools to help you know earlier in other to position for any stock.

Change that to medium term,  BUT PROSPECTS ARE VERY GOOD. N5-N6 still dey inside.

Just had to laugh for this one. cheesy cheesy Julius Berger.

E don tey when i change my computer price for that one to N12. D breeze dey come surely.

I WAN STILL REPEAT CCNN.

This na y e no good to leave this place for too long.
Abu i hope you get this information on time. I no sabi talk about bad weather and tori, make you call your broker for floor tell am make e buy PRESCO for you sharp sharp. A fine fall today go make you get am at lovely price and you dey safe zone for am. As per prestige, them no too get actions.You no say people no like wetin too high in price relative to e collegues.Where them wan run go?. This na people like NESTLE.But if you wan still wait for some plenty time, you fit enter PRESTIGE too.

Shaky confidence ke? i was only trying to make things clearer o. No vex. Ur comment about candlestick charting being informative after the fact isnt correct. In fact, if anything candlestick charting is predictive by its very nature. What stronger tools are u talking about sir? I use a combination of tools from fundamentals, to a variety of TA tools. Are there some i am not aware of?  wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
@FOF2,

besides, with any tools i use, including fundamental analysis, i personally view them all with a good amount of skepticism because as u know, the market is essentially unpredictable and any tools are at best an attempt at pre-emping the market. I always like to be skeptical about such uncertainties. Skepticism shouldnt and wont lead me to be inactive however because that would be a recipe for poverty or as windy would say, "analysis paralysis"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
WAPCo result out. can't see any bonus OOOOOOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2008
WAPCO PLC
AUDITED RESULTS FOR THE YEAR
ENDED 31ST DECEMBER 2007
2007 2006
TURNOVER N38.665b N39.647b
EXCEPTIONAL ITEMS N871m 06 NIL
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION (N1.358b) (N1.173b)
EXTRA ORDINARY ITEMS (N500m) NIL
PROFIT AFTER TAX & EXTRA
ORDINARY ITEMS N10.679b N10.946b
N1.20
CLOSURE OF REGISTER FRI 9TH MAY 2008
PAYMENT DATE 23RD MAY 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by member67023: 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2008
People, when is WEMA getting out of TS?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2008
nakedwire:

People, when is WEMA getting out of TS?

Please don't stir the hornet's nest grin grin grin

I don't think anyone can answer this one. It is on TS due to some investigations and there is no time line to even estimate. My shares are already gathering dust angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2008
pumping777:

Please don't stir the hornet's nest grin grin grin

I don't think anyone can answer this one. It is on TS due to some investigations and there is no time line to even estimate. My shares are already gathering dust angry

Pumping na wa for you OOO. Wema on TS due to impending PO!!!!

Shares gathering dust but will soon turn to gold.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2008
wanaj0:

Pumping na wa for you OOO. Wema on TS due to impending PO!!!!

Shares gathering dust but will soon turn to gold.

Well, it WAS on TS due to the coming PO but the current issues have over-taken that and means Wema will be on TS much longer than expected.

It's been on TS now for about 3 months and no news of the PO yet. This one don pass PO TS grin grin

E go turn to gold? Ha, make I go dust the things remove the dust jare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
Proshare News and Analysis

Skye REIT for Listing on Tuesday
Posted Friday, February 22, 2008

Skye Bank plc has confirmed that listing of the REIT stock on the Nigerian Stock Exchange has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 26, 2008.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2008
@ Wanaj0,

WAPCo result out. can't see any bonus OOOOOOO

oga Wanaj, na wah oh. At least them pay dividend. wink wink wink

Much more still dey Wapco and I dey inside kampe. cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:52pm On Feb 22, 2008
pumping777:

Well, it WAS on TS due to the coming PO but the current issues have over-taken that and means Wema will be on TS much longer than expected.

It's been on TS now for about 3 months and no news of the PO yet. This one don pass PO TS grin grin

E go turn to gold? Ha, make I go dust the things remove the dust jare.

WEMA's problem is more political. It is a matter of people trying to feed fat on WEMA. Some are planning to buy WEMA for peanuts. Delaying the PO was part of plans to make WEMA handicapped. Almsot all the banks have recapitalised except WEMA and some other struggling ones. In this current scenario, anything with less than $1bn shareholders fund is insufficient

Your WEMA will turn good but next time, make una shine eye well welll.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2008
wanaj0:

WEMA's problem is more political. It is a matter of people trying to feed fat on WEMA. Some are planning to buy WEMA for peanuts. Delaying the PO was part of plans to make WEMA handicapped. Almsot all the banks have recapitalised except WEMA and some other struggling ones. In this current scenario, anything with less than $1bn shareholders fund is insufficient

Your WEMA will turn good but next time, make una shine eye well well.

Thanks. In fact, I go become shine shine bobo grin grin

But sha, I had off-loaded 80% before they locked the gate grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Wanaj0,

WAPCO is the highest loser today with 3.74 drop according to NSE. The market is disappointed with this result.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
oore:

WAPCO is the highest loser today with 3.74 drop according to NSE. The market is disappointed with this result.

Yes o. But if na me nko? cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Wanaj0,

Don't understand why people were expecting WAPCO to declare a bonus. Same thing played out last year. Its akin to expecting Oceanic to declare a bonus with the jumbo 22bn shares it has got to feed.

WAPCo's result is as expected but dismal when compared to 2007. Turnover and PAT dropped. The market acknowldeged this by the loss of N3.75 from the share price. I think you should sell and re enter later. It may go as low as N65.00 like it did last year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2008
pumping777:

Yes o. But if na me nko? cheesy

Bonus hope dashed hence the reaction!!! Expect some panic selling!!!

Moreover, it witnessed a drop in both turn over and PAT over the 2007 result.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2008
I will say it will go lower than 65 naira. Lets see if this result will not affect others in that sector,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Wanaj0,

As a FO2 follower I would have thought that you would drop the stock as soon as result was announced.

@All
Anyone seen todays prices yet? Pls hook me up
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2008
See how people pull NASCON down because them wan buy?   sad sad  Well, make me too buy small add then!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2008
Aktopgun,
Na some silent psychiatric doctors were dey read ur post online dey die to meet you o.
Union Homes appears to be approaching a re-entry point.I did a quick CICO on it early this month.Bought at 7.70k and sold at 9.40k in one week.I am eyeing it again for some quick CICO.Maybe this time it will get to 10 naira as end of year results are expected soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.