Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,069 members, 7,933,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:52 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831544 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2008
RoughCut:

The question is who are those buying? For starters Universal insurance will have to do a share reconstruction and/or IPO as soon as possible so it is in their own interest to bid up the price beforehand and it looks like someone or some peeps are doing just that

NSE we hail thee!

Not sure anyone is buying!!! Some brokers warehouse the shares and sold at a premium to their clients. So right now, those shares are being crossed to those clients. That's why those charts get it wrong sometimes in Nigeria. They already assume a perfect market which is a NO NO!!! the kind underhand deals that we do is serious!!! It is more like the more you look the less you see!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2008
RoughCut:

The question is who are those buying? For starters Universal insurance will have to do a share reconstruction and/or IPO as soon as possible so it is in their own interest to bid up the price beforehand and it looks like someone or some peeps are doing just that

NSE we hail thee!

Not sure anyone is buying!!! Some brokers warehouse the shares and sold at a premium to their clients. So right now, those shares are being crossed to those clients. That's why those charts get it wrong sometimes in Nigeria. They already assume a perfect market which is a NO NO!!! the kind underhand deals that we do is serious!!! It is more like the more you look the less you see!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2008
@crazyT

i hope say u dey look unity bruvs. not to worry, we will both look at the patterns later to see if ther's an upside to all this. i wish u had chilled a bit sha.

@wanajo
people no suppose look charts in isolation at all, especialy in this our NSE. besides universal insurance is still too new to start looking at charts for. No precedence to even compare. still cant get over the 16b outstanding-dat na one of the reasons why i no gree buy am again cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ioma et windy et easi

sure u guys are removing leg from NIWI by now. looks like it was an accurate call on this one.

y'all enjoy ur loot and remeber the topgun when u come into ur kingdoms o! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2008
Longman also continues to drop. shocked grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2008
@aktopgun,

grin Na pure CICO me I de do for Niwi o, sold yesterday, and today o! Even Livestock, I sell!

If Niwi drop well, I go buy again. People like Windy, na on top of their seat they store all the wire and cables, so I sure say na long haul dem dey.

I no dey do sme sme for CICO again. I made the mistake on NASCON, bought at 16.4 and wanted to sell at 20, and then buy again when it fell, but wasted time.

Make I go buy more NASCON sha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2008
loma:

@aktopgun,

grin Na pure CICO me I de do for Niwi o, sold yesterday, and today o! Even Livestock, I sell!

If Niwi drop well, I go buy again. People like Windy, na on top of their seat they store all the wire and cables, so I sure say na long haul them dey.

I no dey do sme sme for CICO again. I made the mistake on NASCON, bought at 16.4 and wanted to sell at 20, and then buy again when it fell, but wasted time.

Make I go buy more NASCON sha!

I'd like to wait to see the cnadle patterns formed today.

as i said enjoy ur loot and remeber a brother when u are drinking that pinyacallada on the sunny breezy beach in san dominico cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Benny1877: 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hello All,

Abeg anybody sabi anything about Afrinvest? Would they be good brokers to rely on? lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2008
Latest Market Info
IBTC: CHANGES FINANCIAL YEAR

NOTICE:This is to inform the public that IBTC Chartered Bank Plc has changed its financial year-end from 31st March to 31st December.

The change takes effect from the financial year that commenced April 1, 2007 which ended 31st December 2007.

This change became necessary to harmonize the Banks financial year with th at of Standard Bank Group which recently acquired a 50.1% equity stake in IBTC Chartered Bank Plc and also consistence with the CBN directive to harmonize the financial year end of all banks in Nigeria.IBTC Chartered Bank Plc is in the process of obtaining CBNs approval for its audited financial statements for the 9 months period ended 31 December 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
Today's Learning Point for Newbies

•The PE ratio (Price / Earnings ratio) is the price of a stock
divided by past or future earnings (PE ratio = Price / Earnings).
For example, if the price of a stock is N20 per share and that
particular company earned N2 per share over the past 12
months, then the trailing twelve month PE ratio would be N20 /
N2 or 10.
•Many investors use the PE ratio to determine if a stock or the
stock market as a whole is expensive or not.
•For P/E to be meaningful,it should be compared with another
P/E
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2008
Hello guys,

Just wanted to show this trendline bounce on Airservices.

Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2008
loma:

@aktopgun,

If Niwi drop well, I go buy again. People like Windy, na on top of their seat they store all the wire and cables, so I sure say na long haul them dey. . . .

Who tell you say na long haul I dey eh? Anyway, you correct small sha. I sold a substantial portion today and will be watching to see how the stock does. The stock still get potential sha, let's wait for profit takers to finish undoing their thing.

@all who own capoil, looks like the bleeding is almost over. Also looks like another quick cico opportunity (for only the brave hearted o! -- otherwise you'll have to be paying a psychiatric visit to aktopgun and blueband  cheesy cheesy)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2008
here

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2008
@pumice

hey man, long time. dont be a stranger. show face once in a while abeg.

Could u post the bounce u ar etalking about. i see it but want to confirm with urs.

@windywendy

big sis, wassup.  cheesy  cheesy. remeber ur boy with that niwicable loot o  grin. make i send u acct details?  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2008
pumice:

Hello guys,

Just wanted to show this trendline bounce on Airservices.

Cheers.

You go de watcham,  smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2008
@pumice

oops. i see u posted it already. nice one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumice

hey man, long time. don't be a stranger. show face once in a while abeg.

Could u post the bounce u ar etalking about. i see it but want to confirm with urs.

@windywendy

big sis, wassup. cheesy cheesy. remeber your boy with that niwicable loot o grin. make i send u acct details? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Big sis ke? me and you be the same age na cheesy Hmmm, no worry. Make I first settle my broker then I go come look your side small. cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2008
windywendy:

Big sis ke? me and you be the same age na  cheesy Hmmm, no worry. Make I first settle my broker then I go come look your side small.  cool

tank u tank u, chei, see money! cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2008
@aktopgun

Sorry I've been out of touch for while. I had a lot of personal stuff to take of. I'll try to put in more, but everytime I read this thread I get overwhelmed with the amount of info and pace at which the thread is growing.

You guys are doing such a wonderful job.

Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2008
windywendy:

Big sis ke? me and you be the same age na  cheesy Hmmm, no worry. Make I first settle my broker then I go come look your side small.  cool

Aunty WindyWendy grin  Just kidding; we might be of the same age tongue  Anyways, how much would you buy NIWI for a 12 month time frame investment?  Just wondering whether or not its safe to go in at N10 now that you pioneers have opened your hands a little to release some cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2008
pumice:

@aktopgun

Sorry I've been out of touch for while. I had a lot of personal stuff to take of. I'll try to put in more, but everytime I read this thread I get overwhelmed with the amount of info and pace at which the thread is growing.

You guys are doing such a wonderful job.

Cheers.

nice one sir. i hope all is well.

with regards to this thread, it's like opium, addictive. the only difference is that here u get high on money and money making ideas cheesy cheesy cheesy

stay close man.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2008
nigeriasecurities never update todays prices?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Aunty WindyWendy grin  Just kidding; we might be of the same age tongue  Anyways, how much would you buy NIWI for a 12 month time frame investment?  Just wondering whether or not its safe to go in at N10 now that you pioneers have opened your hands a little to release some cheesy

The one and only Mr. Risky himself  cheesy How old young you be?  tongue

I honestly doubt that niwicable will fall to 10 o! Infact I don't see this profit taking lasting too long. I'll begin to re-enter around the 12 mark. Having said that though, things will depend on how I see the market performing. The market has a mind of its own o, so make we watch and see.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2008
yodiyokun:

nigeriasecurities never update todays prices?

nope.

i have been talking with them lately and i understand they now like to wait for the final results from the floor before posting it. (beats me why NSE posts varying results thoughout the day    )they have informed me of a new improved version of their tools coming out soon as well,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2008
aktopgun:

nope.

i have been talking with them lately and i understand they now like to wait for the final results from the floor before posting it. (beats me why NSE posts varying results thoughout the day )they have informed me of a new improved version of their tools coming out soon as well,

I hope thi s new improved tool is FREE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2008
As a minor distraction: you guys won't believe what happened yesterday. I was interviewing this guy for a position my employer is looking to fill and at the end of the interview, asked for references. The guy was like "sorry i can't give you references until you've given me the job, because I don't want my references getting disturbed by phone calls." I was like  shocked shocked shocked, and almost fell off my chair out of sheer shock !!! The other interviewer was also like   shocked . I wonder why the yeye guy flew all the way here only to come and pull off a senseless stunt like that  grin grin I guess some peeps just don't get it  cheesy

He now sent me an email this morning saying thanks for the opportunity to interview and that he's very excited about working with us yeah right, like we're going to be stupid enough to hire "his royal cockiness, king of cocky town". Amazing, init? cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2008
@YODI AND OLOLUFEMI

asper u coded messages, i bought lasaco @ 4.95 , linkassure @ 5 and NEM

ow off am i?
i think the downtrend should reverse it self from next week.
i will buy more by fri if it continues to fall.

all these insurance stocks b like sheep. dem like dey follow follow?
na only when TS give dem injury or consolidation kill dem person go kno who b who.

@PUMPIN
ow dey go dey go?
@aktopcandle
y i dey hail u self? u b anti-gunner but u dey carry gun
@fatherof2
BABA AGBA. E LENU JU
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2008
lawalidowu:

@YODI AND OLOLUFEMI

asper u coded messages, i bought lasaco @ 4.95 , linkassure @ 5 and NEM

ow off am i?
i think the downtrend should reverse it self from next week.
i will buy more by fri if it continues to fall.

all these insurance stocks b like sheep. them like dey follow follow?
na only when TS give them injury or consolidation kill them person go kno who b who.

@PUMPIN
ow dey go dey go?
@aktopcandle
y i dey hail u self? u b anti-gunner but u dey carry gun

@fatherof2
BABA AGBA. E LENU JU

cheesy cheesy cheesy. na bad belle for the champions u get jare.

how ur side? u just become silent reader finish once ur pocket begin fat abi(make i attack u small cheesy cheesy)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2008
@rhemagirl,
good luck I chased that universal INS and gold link INS for 1wk b4 givn up & and putting my moni on eterna oil
that does not mean u should give  up, let me know if u succeed below 4.
also give r broker a time limit or the highest PRS  u r willing to by them at, this is mue importante.
gd luk .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2008
@yodi

nigeriansec is uploaded
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Like Wanajo would say, there are brokers and there are brokers!

Of all my brokers, 3 have successfully succeeded in BREAKING ME ALMOST TO PIECES.  But I have my thumbs for MBC Securities; they are award winner any day any time.  SERVICE DELIVERY - EXCELLENT.

Account opening may be a little problem for low brower investors:  just N5m, thereafter you have good stories to tell.   This has been my personal experience though.

The three other yeyerest ones are:  Mainland Trust Ltd (Don't trust their services), City-code (better pass for village-code), Profund securities (they are BEST in making mistakes or forgetting your mandate, blah, blah).

Very soon, all those brokers that would not improve their services will have their names printed in bold here every week.  Many have sent unwary to see AKTOPGUN - don't think any young guy needs to rely on antidepressant these days for stock investment cheesy

Youself!!! How can you go for all this kind of brokers. City Code One of the oldest around still stuck in old way of doing things!!! Not sure they have a functional e-mail self (not yahoo OO)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.