Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,728 members, 7,933,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:28 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831481 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:01am On Mar 04, 2008
Unhomes end of year is 31st of March and they are planning a PO in the first quarter of the new financial year.You are better off waiting.Move it into your medium to long term portfolio
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:08am On Mar 04, 2008
Meanwhile, Mass Telecom Innovation Limited has commenced the private placement of 1,481,481,482 ordinary shares at N2.70 per share.

The Executive Vice-Chairman of the Company, Mr. Frank Karkitie, said in a statement on Monday, that as a player in the competitive communication industry, the major way it could make impact, was to open its ownership to the public.

The private placement, which closes on March 14, Kartikie said was to enable the firm expand its technology.

Got this from punchonline. This must be what uncle napo was talking about. I never hear of this coy b4.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2008
WanaJo / Pumping777,

Historically, which companies are releasing their results in this mighty Month of March? I thought you could share with the house. Just begging. Thanks for your generosity so far. Regards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2008
Blueband, thanx 4 ur quick response.

I didnt make much research into it b4 goin into it.

I think I have to wait sadly. Cuz aint a Long time disciple sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2008
Ap@che:

Pumping,
can you please post a link to that megaupload file. have gone to the site but can't navigate through

@Pumping, we are still waiting for the file.Please Joo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:16am On Mar 04, 2008
Gurus, I need your help!!!!

I mistakenly became the owner of some Universal Insurance shares. The money used was borrowed money at 18% interest rate. I entered @ N0.95. As at yesterday the price was N3.93. Loan payback (principal + interest) is not due until August. My question is at what price should I sell I am thinking of selling at 4.00!!! Universal is not my type of company!!!! Want to sell before other folks start to sell. Remember they listed 16bn shares
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:20am On Mar 04, 2008
Mr. Risky:

WanaJo / Pumping777,

Historically, which companies are releasing their results in this mighty Month of March? I thought you could share with the house. Just begging. Thanks for your generosity so far. Regards

BCC, DSR, CAPL, OandO, NBC, AG Leventis, ETI, RT Briscoe, Ashaka, Okomu, May & Baker, Mobil, Beta Glass, Berger Paints are some of the compnies whose result should be out in March/April
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2008
@ Pumping,

Sell of at N4 plus, take your profit and calmly sit in either Zenith or Oceanic or if you want agbero stlye, you can hop in on int energy till about third/ fourth week in march. Chart suggest its at its low and I see it hitting N11.

You don make am oh. cool cool cool cool

Chei, see me advicing Pumping oh. grin grin grin grin

Hope you still dey see my PHB. Still locked in some units there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Pumping,

Sell of at N4 plus, take your profit and calmly sit in either Zenith or Oceanic or if you want agbero stlye, you can hop in on int energy till about third/ fourth week in march. Chart suggest its at its low and I see it hitting N11.

You don't wnat to advice me?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Pumping,

Thanks!! I was hoping I will find this stock in my portfolio make I go sell quick quick!!!

I think it was Wanaj0 who asked this question.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

Thanks!! I was hoping I will find this stock in my portfolio make I go sell quick quick!!!

I think it was Wanaj0 who asked this question.

Pumping, which stock you dey look for in your portfolio

Abeg post the link for Napoleaon's file. People don dey wait for you tire OOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2008
Rhemagirl:

@Pumping, we are still waiting for the file.Please Joo.

If you (or anyone) send me your email, I will forward the links to you and you can paste it if you wish.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2008
wanaj0:

Pumping, which stock you dey look for in your portfolio

Abeg post the link for Napoleaon's file. People don dey wait for you tire OOO

Na dat one wey you wan sell wey Ololufemi dey talk make I sell. Me no come get na angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ Pumping

I think that anyone ur talking abt is me ---- enduremudiaga 4 ya who don come grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

Na that one wey you wan sell wey Ololufemi dey talk make I sell. Me no come get na angry

Universal Insurance? Abeg no make me laugh. A company that listed 16bn shares. Okay OOO

Well, Consolidate Hallmark listed only 6bn shares. If they jerk the price up to 6.00, they can do a PO at 5.00 and offer 2bn units which will not be bad so will hold on more to that.

Waiting on IAA to know what to do with those ones. With the 4 to 1 split before listing, only God knows how many billion shares that will be listed!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2008
endure:

@ Pumping

I think that anyone your talking about is me ---- enduremudiaga 4 ya who don come grin

Very well. I have sent the links to your email.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2008
debenzd:

Meanwhile, Mass Telecom Innovation Limited has commenced the private placement of 1,481,481,482 ordinary shares at N2.70 per share.

The Executive Vice-Chairman of the Company, Mr. Frank Karkitie, said in a statement on Monday, that as a player in the competitive communication industry, the major way it could make impact, was to open its ownership to the public.

The private placement, which closes on March 14, Kartikie said was to enable the firm expand its technology.

Got this from punchonline. This must be what uncle napo was talking about. I never hear of this coy before.

From what i read on their websiteGoogled it they are more like a Telecomms service/engineering company. I suppose they will be  getting a lot of contracts from the BIG BOYZ who are the Mobile Telephony and Network service providers or the licencees. I'm referring to Visafone, Mubadalla, Starcomms, Multi-links, MTN, Globalcom, V-mobile, Celtel.

I wont be surprised if this company gets swallowed  up by one of the playas cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

You can read more about them http://www.mtinigeria.com/index.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2008
debenzd:

Got this from punchonline. This must be what uncle napo was talking about. I never hear of this coy before.

How different is this company  from Interswitch or CHAMs for that matter Anyone in the know?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2008
Hey pumping, i sent you an email request for the links. Pls check ya mail and email me back, thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2008
Pumping & Co unLtd,

Please how do I get the forms for MTI to fill.I want to participate in the PP.If you have  link or something send it to me at averyrudeboy@yahoo.com. It will be highly appreciated.Please treat as urgent!

Your boy,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2008
igetwicked:

Pumping & Co unLtd,

Please how do I get the forms for MTI to fill.I want to participate in the PP.If you have link or something send it to me at averyrudeboy@yahoo.com. It will be highly appreciated.Please treat as urgent!

Your boy,

MTI? I don't know anything about this. Sorry.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apche(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2008
@Pumping,
I don't have your email address although i have sent you a PM from SMN but i don't know if you still use that site
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2008
Grapevine ke?

Please do not trust your money on grapevine news.

Having said that, I will email Pumping what he can upload for a telecomms (afiliated) stock . I do not believe it is being hawked around so becareful how you choose to proceed on it. It is only N2.70 however, that may not be the price to be paid I am afraid. I am reluctant because I never encourage such practice. I am sending it only because I had a look here over the weekend and saw nonsence such as partership, resort savings and other waste of time's mentioned.

@pumping, I think Oga Napoleon was referring to MTI when he wrote the statement above.

Oga Napoleon, I see you are online, were u refering to this coy in your statement above?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2008
Ap@che:

@Pumping,
I don't have your email address although i have sent you a PM from SMN but i don't know if you still use that site

Yes, I still dey go that site.

My email addy is pumping777 at yahoo dot com. It's actually in my profile.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apche(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
******deleted*******
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2008
@Wanajo/Pumping what do you guys make of where Fidelity is heading?

@Napoleon, when do they(MTI) intend to list their shares? What is your candid assessment of their potentials as I know the Telecoms industry is growning at a very fast rate.

Many thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ Pumping,

My E mail is teetall2002@yahoo.com

@ Wanaj0,

Oga sir you don hammer for that Universal insurance.

I hope sey I advice you wellu wellu. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2008
@Debenzd

Fidelity has been going nowhere for a very long time now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ Napoleon

Thx man
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2008
Ppl,
GT bank closed @ 38.83 today to take off its 1-year resistance level of ~37.96. If it was forex trading, this most likely signifies the start of a bulish run!!!, but this is Stocks trading on NSE and so guys, both Fundamental & Technical (AKT, Pumping, Wanaj0, FO2, WW et all) what does this portend??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Obalende: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2008
guys, here is an email i got from lead capital after submitting acc opening docs:

" Good Day,

Please be informed that your Stock Broking Account has been opened with LeadCapital Limited.  The details are as stated below:

CSCSACCOUNT NO   XXXXXXX
Please Note:

You can now view details relating to your account with LeadCapital Limited upon commencement of transaction on our website www.leadcapitalng.com .

Your Log-On details are as follows:

USER ID             XXXXXXX
PASSWORD        XXXXXXX

You are advised to change your password as the one that has been provided is a default password.  

We look forward to transacting business with you."

Now there have been horror stories of brokers giving people their own house cscs nos as no chn no was put here.

I enclosed NGN2,500 for online monitoring  - should there be any reason for concern?

how is lead generally customer service has been kinda average so far

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.