Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,697 members, 7,932,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:08 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831478 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by teto: 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2008
can we still trust in transcorp? i beg i need you view.i dnt know if i should sellmy units at a lossand move to other place where there is at future .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2008
TeeHay:

Ppl,
GT bank closed @ 38.83 today to take off its 1-year resistance level of ~37.96. If it was forex trading, this most likely signifies the start of a bulish run!!!, but this is Stocks trading on NSE and so guys, both Fundamental & Technical (AKT, Pumping, Wanaj0, FO2, WW et all) what does this portend??

Are results out for the day.

Remember that GTBS price already reflects the markets sentiment towards the FYE, although I expect it to add another N2-3 to par with Intercontinental.

I doubt if it will be wise to enter at the current price, there is not much upside except you are in for the medium to long term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
Magu Magu of NSE.
Transcopr has been lifted from Technical Suspension.A day after the FG reversed itself on the sale of NITEL.Lost 22k today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2008
Yodi,

PRICE LIST AS AT 4TH MARCH, 2008

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dachoji(m): 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2008
abeg nairalanders, i've got a little cash to buy stocks but i'm completely lost for which one to buy. i'm afraid of making the transcorp mistake i made before. can someone kindly help me with suggestions of good buys for now or soon to come.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2008
See as universal don start to shed weight because I wanted to start selling?

Na wa OOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2008
wanaj0:

See as universal don start to shed weight because I wanted to start selling?

Na wa OOO

When you start selling he go begin shed blood grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2008
is this possible?, I have just got a trade alert for purchase of a sizeable quantity of ABCTRANS at 4.80  but the lowest price of the day on NigSec is 5.3. If true, then my new broker pass agbero, na Ninja oooooo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2008
@bigjay01
I got some stock yesterday ,my broker confirmed it to me and I have still not received a trade alert to that effect.Are you sure it is not from yesterday's buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ Pumping

I ask you in the name of the house to upload the document. If you don't, people might start accusiong you of being 2 sharp, and not wanting others to see what you have seen. I don't believe this to be the case. so please share with others. If for any reason you can't then I'll happily upload the document and post the link here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by st1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ All the Gurus in the forum. Windy wendy, FO2, Easi, Pumping 777. pls advice your person ooo!

I told my broker to get me Niwicable @12 but the question he asked was why do I want Niwicable. that have I not heard the Company was almost folding up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2008
st1:

@ All the Gurus in the forum. Windy wendy, FO2, Easi, Pumping 777. please advice your person ooo!

I told my broker to get me Niwicable @12 but the question he asked was why do I want Niwicable. that have I not heard the Company was almost folding up.

Niwicable has been dissected here before and if you search Google you will see plenty articles on it.

True Bond invsted 1.3B in it and na turnaround company  - This na the juiciest companies to get a hold of. But I will let Windywendy that knows the whole story to give you better info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2008
@Aktopgun,

I miss your candlysis ooo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2008
bigjay01:

is this possible?, I have just got a trade alert for purchase of a sizeable quantity of ABCTRANS at 4.80  but the lowest price of the day on NigSec is 5.3. If true, then my new broker pass agbero, na Ninja oooooo.  

I sold some stocks on Friday (29th) but got the trade aleart yesterday, but it had the date of the trade. so just check the date of the trade
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2008
blueband:

@bigjay01
I got some stock yesterday ,my broker confirmed it to me and I have still not received a trade alert to that effect.Are you sure it is not from yesterday's buy?

I am inclined to believe that it is from yesterday's transaction, the text came in exactly 1243hrs UK.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
bigjay01:

@ Pumping

I ask you in the name of the house to upload the document. If you don't, people might start accusiong you of being 2 sharp, and not wanting others to see what you have seen. I don't believe this to be the case. so please share with others. If for any reason you can't then I'll happily upload the document and post the link here.

I have sent the link to a number of people and anyone can post it.

I do not want to post it and it's not because I am hording it. I sent the link back to the source to post it also.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2008
Oasis Ins results: 2k dividend for a N5+ share! LOL!
pumping777:

I do not want to post it and it's not because I am hording it. I sent the link back to the source to post it also.

Oya, email me at easimoni2004 at yahoo dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2008
Pumping you get my email oooo abeg email me na.
I no dey do PP yet but at least make I feed my eyes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2008
yodiyokun:

@Aktopgun,

I miss your candlysis ooo.

Na wao, this one you dey miss Aktopgun CANDLE.I am getting jealous o.He is a lucky man sha.

bigjay01:

I am inclined to believe that it is from yesterday's transaction, the text came in exactly 1243hrs UK.

The text must have been on Bus 453 since friday. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2008
blueband:

Na wao, this one you dey miss Aktopgun CANDLE.I am getting jealous o.He is a lucky man sha.

The text must have been on Bus 453 since friday. grin grin grin

See how you go put me for trouble - which kin thin be this na shocked angry.

see ya big mouth lipsrsealed

I REJECT AND DENOUNCE THIS COMMENT FROM @BLUEBAND INSTANTLY.

easimoni:

Are you kidding me, FYE results are out. Chei isn't it too early, they are going to bust the party too early oo.

Anyone with insurance better start getting out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

Done.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2008
bigjay01:

I ask my broker to get me more of the ABC stock but na okpata she dey yarn me since last Thursday, so wetin bi your own problem?  shocked You wan take the thing do shine shine for my face or what?  cool
I beg go enjoy your loot jare after all they buy am pass yesterday low price.

BTW who bi this your agbero broker self? My own na ajebo (she need to go)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2008
easimoni:

Oya, email me at easimoni2004 at yahoo dot com

easi, I have sent it to you.

One thing I wanted to ask you. How is Japaul able to absort the supplementary allotment? Was their PO before the 25% oversubscription limit? Also what is the current authorized share capital?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

We should all position for the likely cause and effect of Universal Insurance approaching the N5 mark.  lipsrsealed

This is what I meant yesterday although I had my eyes on N5. Everyone knows Universal insurance is not in the same league as many of the established insurance companies so there must be resistance if the price tries to reach the same level.

This could provide the opportunity to enter at a lower price.

Caveat & Emptor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2008
@yodiyokun - sent to you as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
Now Pumping, u must talk o, otherwise I go shout. shocked

What do U think abt ABCTRANS, i got it @ 3.41 and
nw abt 56* Northeast. I traveled 5km straight today
I am a short distance driver but now, I seem to be
greedy, talk o, will u condem me?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

easi, I have sent it to you.

One thing I wanted to ask you. How is Japaul able to absort the supplementary allotment? Was their PO before the 25% oversubscription limit? Also what is the current authorized share capital?
Pumping,
make I answer this one ( I hope easimoni no go vex). The offer was done after but the rule is 25% of OVERSUBSCRIPTION and not 25% of offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
easimoni:

Kia kia. Me we start separating the boyz from the men. I saw the article in which I think the MD was talking about unfavourable operating conditions in supporting the 2k dividend.

It's even possible they are offering this much only because they want to do a PO  grin grin

Na rock solid insurance company me I dey o  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

@yodiyokun - sent to you as well.
Pumping. Thanks. The content is some heavy stuff. Chei and Double Chei, shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2008
oore:

Pumping,
make I answer this one ( I hope easimoni no go vex). The offer was done after but the rule is 25% of OVERSUBSCRIPTION and not 25% of offer.

Thanks. You mean the rule allows you to take 25% of the excess? This does not look right because it will be easy to manipulate this. I thought it is 25% of the original offer?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2008
endure:

Now Pumping, u must talk o, otherwise I go shout. shocked

What do You think about ABCTRANS, i got it @ 3.41 and
nw about 56* Northeast. I traveled 5km straight today
I am a short distance driver but now, I seem to be
greedy, talk o, will u condem me?

Na windywendy get that stock o. Me I no dey enter bus, na trek I dey trek grin grin

If na me be u, I go just kuku sell now but no quote me o. Me no greedy rara.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2008
RoughtCut, RoughCut,RoughCut!!
Omo how COSTAIN take reach N50 today ooooo shocked, I thought at least not till next week!!! with my own tiny units, I've decent profit, so I know say that your own don take u to mars, abi we go see u for here today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.