Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,728 members, 7,933,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:28 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831481 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2008
windywendy:

Yes, it's not illiquid anymore. I bought at way less than N10, so I would think 10 is expensive because forward p/e at that price is more than 40 (assuming projected PAT of 59m and factoring in the 1for1 rights issue approved in december 07). If you're thinking long term, maybe 10 is good, but they'll have to make a lot more than 59m PAT for me to begin considering them. I still have some small units there sha.

OK, i just cross-checked on my sheet and made adjustment - when do you think they would add the 1 for 1?
I would make this a CiCo candidate be that,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2008
BTW - my people got me 15G of eternaoil on 26th, just posted today - And, i saw 25% - today is my real day of favour.
Also, i was in court for speeding today - and i was let off with Community Service + $50, first offence in my 8 years of driving in U.S.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2008
SavvyLanre:

OK, i just cross-checked on my sheet and made adjustment - when do you think they would add the 1 for 1?
I would make this a CiCo candidate be that,

I don't know o, it's MyPeace that has the answer to that question. Na she be the correct insider as far as transexpress is concerned. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2008
SavvyLanre:

BTW - my people got me 15G of eternaoil on 26th, just posted today - And, i saw 25% - today is my real day of favour.
Also, i was in court for speeding today - and i was let off with Community Service + $50, first offence in my 8 years of driving in US.

In court ke? That must have been serious over-speeding. How fast were you going? Did you also get points on your license? Hold on to your seat, your insurance premiums will likely increase once your insurer gets wind of this news you don begin spend your 25% eterna profit be that o  cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2008
Wendy,

Wetin dey na? U no wan yearn as per ABCTRANS?
I still dey, but I know nw if to apply brk or accelerate.

I still d listen.

BTW - This thread is too fast for my liking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2008
windywendy, the projected price I calculated based on that PAT dey do me WOW shocked, I go just pull profit money from ABC end of month enter NIWI oo for medium term, infact I'm ready to wait 12mths chillin on that one!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2008
windywendy:

In court ke? That must have been serious over-speeding. How fast were you going? Did you also get points on your license? Hold on to your seat, your insurance premiums will likely increase once your insurer gets wind of this news you don begin spend your 25% on eterna be that o cheesy grin

No points o - just 12 hrs of community service and $50 pere,   grin grin grin (Na thanksgiving o for me),  To make matters easier, they come talk say i fit do am for church, me wey i dey sleep for church  cheesy (Speed 16 over limit, 23 would have been major offence)

@Mypeace - abeg talk the koko of the gist for Transexpr o,  your brother get moni for there o,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2008
SavvyLanre:

No points o - just 12 hrs of community service and $50 pere, grin grin grin (Na thanksgiving o for me), To make matters easier, they come talk say i fit do am for church, me wey i dey sleep for church cheesy (Speed 16 over limit, 23 would have been major offence)

@Mypeace - abeg talk the koko of the gist for Transexpr o, your brother get moni for there o,

I'm here LOL!! You fit do am inside church, they dont know they are adding to your blessings sef! I like that one o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2008
SavvyLanre:

No points o - just 12 hrs of community service and $50 pere, grin grin grin (Na thanksgiving o for me), To make matters easier, they come talk say i fit do am for church, me wey i dey sleep for church cheesy (Speed 16 over limit, 23 would have been major offence)

I hope say na your church you choose grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2008
Mr Risky,
I have mutual respect for you but abeg no mention AGLEVNTIS for this forum again unless you go see my faceless face. Just leave the stock jeje make e dey go wey e wan go abi no why una no talk about CHELLARAM like this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2008
UBA daily stock bid attached

back to work now, see una later, make una enjoy ya SCOA, NIWI, DUNLOP, COSTAIN and co mney o grin

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2008
Abeg, una go teach me how una arrive at this 1.6B/1.7B shares for Niwicable.  

I thought they had 0.42B shares before and this will be equivalent to 38% of what is listed now since Truebond will now have 62%. Oya, e la mi lo ye (sorry for my ngbti Yoruba)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2008
BTW, based on 1.7B shares outstanding and 500M PAT projected for this year, the forward PE will be around 40.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2008
Naijadr:

UBA daily stock bid attached

back to work now, see una later, make una enjoy ya SCOA, NIWI, DUNLOP, COSTAIN and co mney o grin

The thing no come attach o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2008
RoughCut:

I hope say na your church you choose grin grin grin grin grin grin

No restriction o,
In fact, my sister Naijadr see am well o - na more blessing galore,

OK back to NSE, Naijadr we know see the UBA attachment o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

Abeg, una go teach me how una arrive at this 1.6B/1.7B shares for Niwicable.  

I thought they had 0.42B shares before and this will be equivalent to 38% of what is listed now since Truebond will now have 62%. Oya, e la mi lo ye (sorry for my ngbti Yoruba)

There was a PP specially for truebond to accommodate 1.18B shares corresponding to their 62% stake in addition to the existing 420K shares already listed

http://www.tribune.com.ng/25092007/news/news13.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
RoughCut:

There was a PP specially for truebond to accommodate 1.18B shares corresponding to their 62% stake in addition to the existing shares already listed

http://www.tribune.com.ng/25092007/news/news13.html

Thank you. See me see "I too sabi". I just dey do analysis use boju boju find the answer grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2008
With 1.6B shares outstanding and projected PAT of 500M, this looks a bit expensive with a projected PE of 38.

Another C&I Leasing?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

The thing no come attach o.
sorry o, timed out, reattached it

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

With 1.6B shares outstanding and projected PAT of 500M, this looks a bit expensive with a projected PE of 38.

Another C&I Leasing?

Analysis paralysis again grin grin grin grin grin grin i wan make he shed blood small. I put this one in the same class as Dunlop and ABC. Good for medium term and a risky CICO. They are all turn-around stories
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2008
RoughCut:

Analysis paralysis again grin grin grin grin grin grin i wan make he shed blood small. I put this one in the same class as Dunlop and ABC. Good for medium term and a risky CICO. They are all turn-around stories

Mum's the word lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2008
Please provide answers o. Is partnership investment and Daar comm pps worth it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2008
Please provide answers o. Is partnership investment and Daar comm pps worth it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2008
RoughCut:

I beg leave shedding blood - you can never time the market correctly.

Everytime I wait for a nice stock to shed more blood - thats when the thing develops rocket speed. I waited for ABC to drop from 3.20 to 3.00 before buying, within 48hours of watching it - the thing took off, na different story now.

We can only mitigate the risk in this business not completely erase it so we must learn to accept a level of risk.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2008
Anybody has Cutix?

Windywendy - your thoughts are current price?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2008
grabdaloot:

Mr Risky,
I have mutual respect for you but abeg no mention AGLEVNTIS for this forum again unless you go see my faceless face. Just leave the stock jeje make e dey go wey e wan go abi no why una no talk about CHELLARAM like this

@Grabdaloot,

na fight - no be only you dey watch am na? coolu temper.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2008
yodiyokun:

Anybody has Cutix?

Windywendy - your thoughts are current price?

This na stock for CICO Marshalls. With a forward PE of over 75, it is not for the lily-livered.

I think the stock will ride back on another bullish market run sha after the lull of the last 2 weeks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2008
pumping777:

This na stock for CICO Marshalls. With a forward PE of over 75, it is not for the lily-livered.

I think the stock will ride back on another bullish market run sha after the lull of the last 2 weeks.

Yes o, Pumping don talk am finish. Na today I dey come look the stock with one kin eye for my spreadsheet say this one fit be cico candidate but e be like say I no too dey convinced. Even josbrew wey I buy last week, na today I commot with my 15% post commission jeje. As for cutix, hmmmm, I need to look am again. But if you can get tomorrow at the lowest possible price, it might be good for cico -- but you need to keep the broker on red alert o! caveat empty well well cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2008
Please reply to my question re partnership investment pp and daar communications. I am not anti friendship o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
@tripplegee holders, I recall recommending the stock some 3 or 4 weeks back. I'll be selling tomorrow if I were in your shoes. My opinion though, caveat emptress. cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2008
Of all the February 6 stocks, only Capoil and Afroil have refused to bounce back.

Can this sharp turnaround be attributed to the bad publicity alone or some else dey there?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ Pumping, Easi. Yodi, Highlander, Romans & countrymen- not forgetting Napolean!

What is this link that dares not say its name?
The only uploads so far are Bidco and Omega. Are those the ones?
Please let us all know.
No point in this person to person stuff.

@ Easi,

My understanding was that you had to have US citizenship to vote. Not like in the UK.
Or you were joking?

Samstone4 cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.