Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,866 members, 7,899,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826341 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ACL: yes I spoke about FAN a couple of weeks back, but won't advise you to buy now -- my opinion though -- unless you want to be there for the long term.

E be like say you need to fire that your broker -- either that, or get him/her on your side of the game. Either way, something needs to happen real soon otherwise you'll be biting your fingers at the end of the year and wondering what to do with yourself cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2008
lawalidowu:

@ROUGHCUT AND AKTOPGUN

MA UNA DEY USE CANDLE.

NA NEON LITE I NEED ON VITAFOAM AND RTBRISCOE ABEG

He be like say action don pass for RT Briscoe. VITAFOAM hmnnnn,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2008
Naijadr:

My brother na the thanksgiving praise wey we do yesterday wey cause am o! COSTAIN is now officially "ridiculous" grin Na N100 by June ooooo
25% in 1 week, kai and I saw when he posted it too alongside his other recommendations!
My Dunlop has done 33% in 2 weeks after fees, even ABC, I hope my broker got it o yesterday
Thank you God!

my dear naijadr, you watch out for when the PO shares will be listed ok? you'll see some massive free fall once PO-ers begin their rampage. The PO shares were sold at 13, so at today's price you can imagine that even 30 will be a good margin for anyone who wants to sell. Sell before then, reassess fundamentals and then buy back (if you still like the company) at the give-away price (could be as fun as "buy-1-get-2 0r 3-free" compared to today's prices) cheesy. According to the prospectus, new shares should be listed March 13.

@Roughcut, same applies o. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 5:34pm On Mar 05, 2008
windy,
the lady said the guy trading is the slow one.
am not sure if u do cico on insurance?

my question is can i sell some of my MBenefit ?
i need cash to move to a new broker cos my salary is not due till 20days and thats a long time to waste when doing  cico.

what do u recomend buying against next week cos it might take like a week or more to get my cheque from them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2008

yepa! owo jona.
ow time go pass for rtbriscoe? E B LIKE SAY NA 6% I GO TAKE COMOT DIS 1 O. AT ALL AT ALL NA IN BAD
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2008
bigjay01:

ACL

i think blueband is taking the piss out of you for your question to pumping about which stocks will make 25% by march
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

Why na? The full year result is due this month. Action suppose just dey start na. Abi he don comot when I no dey look? I hear say something dey sele for there o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

my dear naijadr, you watch out for when the PO shares will be listed ok? you'll see some massive free fall once PO-ers begin their rampage. The PO shares were sold at 13, so at today's price you can imagine that even 30 will be a good margin for anyone who wants to sell. Sell before then, reassess fundamentals and then buy back (if you still like the company) at the give-away price (could be as fun as "buy-1-get-2 0r 3-free" compared to today's prices) cheesy. According to the prospectus, new shares should be listed March 13.

@Roughcut, same applies o. cheesy

There's room for profit taking plenty plenty after we don take profit finish i go enter again the fundamentals are bam. Dont forget that the FYE is March and if they deliver what i expect you can be sure the free-fall will be temporary as there will be buying spree in readiness for Q1 action so that should stabilize the price and hopefully it will reasonable enough for me to enter

WHEN do i take  PROFITS? the $1M question cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2008
ACL:

bigjay,

i need to ask because it always takes forever for my broker to get me any stock.
i can't cope with the pace these guys do CICO.

Then don't do cico na. Abi you wan kill yourself? If your broker is not the agbero type, don't do cico. And if you must do cico, then change the broker. Abi na?  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping777:

Why na? The full year result is due this month. Action suppose just dey start na. Abi he don comot when I no dey look? I hear say something dey sele for there o.

So why would you need to buy now when everybody don load the thing finish  push  the price towards Maiduguri? I no fit enter at N32 sha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2008
andico34:

smiley@ LUMIDII

SEND IT TO MY EMAIL SO THAT I CAN POST THE LINK VIA MEGALOAD

You have the MTI PP prospectus already.

Cave a temptress undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2008
how does one transfer portfolio to another broker? what eactly must be done--thanx

I'm not doing a transfer,  just moving money to the new broker. For example, I sold a good chunk of my DSR and Access sometime back to lock in profit. I instructed IBTC to wire the funds to my current account. From there, I'll transfer the funds to my Vetiva stockbroking account.

I no get time for account transfer wahala, and frankly don't need to leave IBTC entirely. In these days of cico, roro and all, best to have too sound brokers representing,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
stay around Opebi/Allen ,loads of cheap nice safe hotels.

The thing be say na Island all my business dey, and location is key if you don't want to spend all your time in Nigeria in Traffic. Brokers, Banks, registrars - most companies are in VI, Lekki or Ikoyi.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

There's room for profit taking plenty plenty after we don take profit finish i go enter again the fundamentals are bam. Dont forget that the FYE is March and if they deliver what i expect you can be sure the free-fall will be temporary as there will be buying spree in readiness for Q1 action so that should stabilize the price and hopefully it will reasonable enough for me to enter

WHEN do i take  PROFITS? the $1M question cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes o, that's the million dollar question. OK let's do a little scenario analysis here: from the prospectus, they say they'll list PO shares on March 13. From the other companies we've seen do PO, we can safely infer that the PO shares won't actually be listed until like 2wks later. So sometime toward the end of march may be a good time to sell. But make I tell you o, bam or no bam result, someone who bought at 13 and has had to wait for like 3months between the time they submitted their application and when they're able to sell their shares, will sell irrespective of the bam-ness of the result. This especially applies if the current market price is already more than twice the cost price. So expect a lot of selling - unless of course most of the shares were taken up by institutional investors who'll be holding for the long term. My opinion though. For you, I no need to put any caveat empty  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

So why would you need to buy now when everybody don load the thing finish  push  the price towards Maiduguri? I no fit enter at N32 sha!

The price of RT Briscoe has not really moved in the last 3 months. It has hovered between N29 and N33 so I think the current price is still a valid entry point and we are still seeing occasional depression.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2008
osh thanx for ur reply how much is the opening balance for vetiva and do they provide online portfolio
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping777:

The price of RT Briscoe has not really moved in the last 3 months. It has hovered between N29 and N33 so I think the current price is still a valid entry point and we are still seeing occasional depression.

Hmnnnnn bro from my spreadsheet forward PE is around 22.5 so there's definitely something there sha! but if the price never move significantly in the last 3 months you think say the the thing go spike suddenly abi bonus dey happen?

He get as he be o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

For you, I no need to put any caveat empty cheesy

I still dey digest your analysis so i no go fit read the CAVEA EMPTY sef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

Yes o, that's the million dollar question. OK let's do a little scenario analysis here: from the prospectus, they say they'll list PO shares on March 13. From the other companies we've seen do PO, we can safely infer that the PO shares won't actually be listed until like 2wks later. So sometime toward the end of march may be a good time to sell. But make I tell you o, bam or no bam result, someone who bought at 13 and has had to wait for like 3months between the time they submitted their result and when they're able to sell their shares, will sell irrespective of the bam-ness of the result. This especially applies if the current market price is already more than twice the cost price. So expect a lot of selling - unless of course most of the shares were taken up by institutional investors who'll be holding for the long term. My opinion though. For you, I no need to put any caveat empty  cheesy

You are too correct that a bam bam result will not help rara.

The new PO shares are eligible for bonus and dividends. So we are sure that there will be no bonus and the dividend will be very tiny. There is no other combination that annoys shareholders more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2008
thanx for your reply how much is the opening balance for vetiva and do they provide online portfolio

Account opening for Vetiva is N1M.  You need a reference from your bank or introduction by an existing member.

I've had some very good feedback re: Vetiva and yes they are online. As a matter of fact, they recommend mandates are made online, before 8:30am each day for same day execution.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping777:

The new PO shares are eligible for bonus and dividends. So we are sure that there will be no bonus and the dividend will be very tiny. There is no other combination that annoys shareholders more.

abeg help me re-sound am o! Make roughcut money no go disappear like spreadsheet money  grin grin That oxford mba must to shele, by fire by force  grin grin odawise na yawa o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2008
thats good I guess u know by now I am one of the disillusioned IBTC clients myself so how easy was it for U to know s/one to reccomend u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2008
pumping777:

windywendy:

Yes o, that's the million dollar question. OK let's do a little scenario analysis here: from the prospectus, they say they'll list PO shares on March 13. From the other companies we've seen do PO, we can safely infer that the PO shares won't actually be listed until like 2wks later. So sometime toward the end of march may be a good time to sell.

Make i dey draw my battle plans sharpish make the millions wey dey inside spreadsheet no come disappear grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2008
@oshkosh: why would you go and pay $400/night for a hotel? did you show them your international passport? because that's the only time they'll charge you in dollars
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

abeg help me re-sound am o! Make roughcut money no go disappear like spreadsheet money grin grin That oxford mba must to shele, by fire by force grin grin odawise na yawa o!

Ha ha ha abi you too don get winch shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked See my last post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

@oshkosh: why would you go and pay $400/night for a hotel? did you show them your international passport? because that's the only time they'll charge you in dollars

May be na diplomatic suite him go choose grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2008
why would you go and pay $400/night for a hotel

I thought the local rates alway better, but in this case it wasn't. The $ rate worked out cheaper. The name of the hotel is Sofitel Moorhouse in Ikoyi. This was an executive room, but quite honestly, was the size of a standard room anywhere. I bet there are cheaper hotels though,  but I prefer to stay here, protea or Eko hotel which I'm used too,

I really need to get a good apartment on the Island ASAP. First thing I'll do before relocating,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2008
RoughCut:

Hmnnnnn bro from my spreadsheet forward PE is around 22.5 so there's definitely something there sha! but if the price never move significantly in the last 3 months you think say the the thing go spike suddenly abi bonus dey happen?

He get as he be o!

I dey come fear to spread rumour. Dem talk bonus but them give bonus last year sha so I dey sceptical small.

Na better medium term stock sha so me stay put inside with all my bodi. I hear say them dey get difficulty meeting up with demand. Na to see if that one go translate to profit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by andico34: 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2008
@ LUMI DII
THIS IS THE LINK TO THE UPLOADED FILE

MASS TELECOMS PP

http://www.esnips.com/doc/fee47652-da23-441d-bcd3-070ae6af7052/Mass-Telecom-Innovation-PP-memo smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2008
oshkosh:

I thought the local rates alway better, but in this case it wasn't. The $ rate worked out cheaper. The name of the hotel is Sofitel Moorhouse in Ikoyi. This was an executive room, but quite honestly, was the size of a standard room anywhere. I bet there are cheaper hotels though,  but I prefer to stay here, protea or Eko hotel which I'm used too,

I really need to get a good apartment on the Island ASAP. First thing I'll do before relocating,

Chei, looks like hotels have become expensive o  shocked shocked. The apartment on the island is a good idea. UAC-prop was selling apartments in 1004 estate at one time. Not sure if the sale is still going on. IBTC is also selling some near the walter carrington area. Might be worth checking out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2008
oshkosh:

The $ rate worked out cheaper. The name of the hotel is Sofitel Moorhouse in Ikoyi. This was an executive room, but quite honestly, was the size of a standard room anywhere. I bet there are cheaper hotels though,  but I prefer to stay here, protea or Eko hotel which I'm used too,

Yeah the dollar has been on its back for a while now even the naira is appreciating against the dollar so the dollar rate might have worked out cheaper.

Sharpish you will be saving yourself a fortune if you get accommodation sorted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
windywendy:

Chei, looks like hotels have become expensive o shocked shocked. The apartment on the island is a good idea. UAC-prop was selling apartments in 1004 estate at one time. Not sure if the sale is still going on. IBTC is also selling some near the walter carrington area. Might be worth checking out.

Apartments in VI now na gold-dust in fact they will give some london apartments a run for their money!

Best bet all the up and coming developments in the Lekki Peninsular, VGC and towards the Chevron round-about areas. Its a bit chaotic now because of the terrible traffic congestion but once they get that sorted only God knows how they are relatively cheap and that's where the developments are concentrating now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.