Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,914 members, 7,879,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822595 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2008
I can't recall who brought up the issue of Japaul.

Like I suspected, the fall of Japaul has been halted and it spiked 5% today after some gains yesterday as well. This is an opportunity for you to test your greed level again. I asked that you wait for another short bull run to sell. Are you ready to sell tomorrow? You would have cut your losses or increased your gain especially if you try to sell at the high for tomorrow. If you decide to wait to see where it gets, hmm, note that it can come down again.

At around N12, Japaul was too obvious a CICO stock. I could not resist it.  grin grin

Happy investing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

Like I suspected, the fall of Japaul has been halted and it spiked 5% today after some gains yesterday as well. This is an opportunity for you to test your greed level again. I asked that you wait for another short bull run to sell. Are you ready to sell tomorrow? You would have cut your losses or increased your gain especially if you try to sell at the high for tomorrow. If you decide to wait to see where it gets, hmm, note that it can come down again.

At around N12, Japaul was too obvious a CICO stock. I could not resist it.  grin grin

Happy investing.

was it here i mentioned that i thought japaul would rise again soon after it did a dragonfly doji yesterday or was i mumbling to myself again. must be. anyway it has risen as expected. ride it whilst u can and enjoy it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2008
JAPAUL

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

This is an opportunity for you to test your greed level again.
At around N12, Japaul was too obvious a CICO stock. I could not resist it.  grin grin

Happy investing.

I think  i have decided i'm not greedy actually grin grin grin grin grin

John Holt i bought around N10 last week and it closed at ~N14+ yesterday and i gave a SELL mandate yesterday for execution today and it did another 5% today to close around N15 today and it looks like it might go on for a few more days but i assure you i'm not having second thoughts sam sam!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2008
;
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Napolean: 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2008
[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2008
Fellas who own niwicable for short term trading,(what is that anyway?)

it looks like a resistance level is forming at around N13 and may even drop.

it opened higher today at N13.84 but the bears dragged it back down to N13 thus closing lower than yesteerday's close. all this on the back of high volumes today.

if u are not in for the long haul u might want to consider ur position as of today or monday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

At around N12, Japaul was too obvious a CICO stock. I could not resist it.  grin grin

Happy investing.
Oga pumping name dey ask all dis jap questions, I saw a very significant profit wiped out last year cos I no gi myself cutoff point so this time just felt like earning about £18K in a month "for a change"
your advice remains well appreciated--thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
@all

Whats happening to CI leasing already 16 bucks. My broker said a bonus is in the offing. `Infact now i am so scared of this market. Even diamond wey i carry money put no gree perform

Aniway @gabza
even the market b like who wants to be a millionaire?? u gat onli ask ur broker,(call a friend) or ask nairaland(audience), or 50-50 (greedily wait) or walk away.

I love MY COUNTRY
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
FIRSTINLND: AND THOMAS WYATT LIFTED FROM SUSPENSION

TODAY THE EXCHANGE LIFTED TECHNICAL SUSPENSION ON FIRST INLAND BANK AND THOMAS WYATT.

from trw
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

. A good broker is the beginnig of happiness.

Words of wisdom-

The koko of the matter - develop a relationship with your broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2008
a
aktopgun:

FIRSTINLND: AND THOMAS WYATT LIFTED FROM SUSPENSION

TODAY THE EXCHANGE LIFTED TECHNICAL SUSPENSION ON FIRST INLAND BANK AND THOMAS WYATT.

from trw

and First Inland lost woefully grin grin this one go worse than Afribank
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mastermove: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ Sir Napolean I greet u with respect just needed to tell U that I cut and pasted and printed your last views-- good read thanx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2008
I hear Visa is coming out for an IPO -

There are rumours that all this banks that did heavy writedown due to the subprime mess are using this is get money from the public?

Please the US guys that trade over here - give me the gist you know.

Mastercard skyrocketed after its intial listing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2008
aktopgun - please hlep me look at the candles of afroil and bigtreat
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
@Napolean

Sir, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase no matter what any body says on this forum,pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase dont think of withdrawing from here.Its faceless but i promise on behalf of all nairalanders that we will behave ourself.i agree that am a brown noser

I believe you re-read what you post here.If you do,u will be very proud of what you are teaching the younger generation.These information are priceless.abi i don talk too much
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese keep it coming, more frequently.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mishooo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2008
damoche07:

@Napolean

Sir, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase no matter what any body says on this forum,pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't think of withdrawing from here.Its faceless but i promise on behalf of all nairalanders that we will behave ourself.i agree that am a brown noser

I believe you re-read what you post here.If you do,u will be very proud of what you are teaching the younger generation.These information are priceless.abi i don talk too much

SUPPORTED !!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2008
yudiyokun, pls why is evry1 so into bigtreat, is there any fundamental analysis im missing, have they released a result i dont know about?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2008
Greetings to daddy napoleon

To contribute to the next generation the way u re doing is sthg that is priceless.Gd bless u sir.

@ all I actually use finmal. Even with my small money I get some respect and prompt service with a few allowable errors here and there.

I acutally have been refering pple there as the preferred of my brokers.i can give orders for same day execution at about 9.00 am
It was Father of two that mentioned that some of these unknown brokers are actually more effective.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

That is how I usually choose companies I invest in because a lot of things concerning people of my generation are still done over a handshake, reputation and integrity.

So the serious players do not trade blind. They do not sit at home/office on their laptop and place a multimillion dollar trade all for $12 on TDWater house.
Even within nigeria do you think aAiko will log into IBTC to place an order himslef? such people even if they use IBTC for the sake of it (doubt it) have their own brokers and act purely on advice.

Finally all over the world, even the largest finance companies have their private banking division where people have designated account managers who liase with lawyers, tax planners and whatever else one needs. When last did you see Branson filling in a withdrawal slip in line at HSBC?

Elder Napoleon

Sounds like the Old Boys' Network.

Infact what you have described is more or less Wealth Management and Private Banking. That is where all these investment banks especially those in Europe make their money from. They have private banking and wealth management divisions just for these high net-worth individuals

In Swiss Banking you can just look at a non-descript building housing a private bank infact you would not think to look at the building twice you just need to look under the bonnet and look at the clientele and the billions  they have under management belonging to individuals most times.

They hardly ever have institutional clients but you will be dazed at the fees and commissions they collect from them just for telling them what to do with their money!

I'm sure you must have heard of Cazenove investment bank in UK it was the only remaining private investment bank  in UK  then  well i think there's still Rothschild and they were the bankers and stock brokers to the Queen. They call them blue-blooded investment bankers and do business pretty much the same you have described until they got taken over by JP Morgan an American Investment bank and you can imagine what a culture shock it was for them as they are not used to the typically aggressive and abrasive disposition of the American investment bankers.

In the end the Investment bankers thought them one or two things about making even more money from clients infact they thought them a hundred and one different ways they could make more money from the Queen and the rest is history.

That tells you that things do change with times!

I mean can you imagine the queen doing a CICO? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
damoche07:

@Napolean

Sir, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase no matter what any body says on this forum,pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't think of withdrawing from here.Its faceless but i promise on behalf of all nairalanders that we will behave ourself.i agree that am a brown noser

SECONDED, ABI THIRDED.  Thanks Baba Napolean for that insightful post, I was just pointing out what I noticed, and your point(s) are well noted.

??BIGTREAT, well if you are joining the crowd make sure you do so with "MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE" You MAY make good profit, but be wise to bail out SHARPISH, or remain greedy and RISK getting terribly burnt. The bears are very close by. Empty teh cavity (like someone will say)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2008
@aktopgun, why was thomas wyatt on TS?? thought they planned PO, I'm really lost.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2008
shigidi:

yudiyokun, please why is evry1 so into bigtreat, is there any fundamental analysis im missing, have they released a result i don't know about?

Nothing dey there at all. Na just CICO after support level from the recent big drop. The fundamentals are woeful but na dis kin stock dey make money for NSE these day grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2008
:
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

Nothing dey there at all. Na just CICO after support level from the recent big drop. The fundamentals are woeful but na this kin stock dey make money for NSE these day grin

Infact all these stocks with fundamentals no dey gyrate nowadays o that is why they are good for medium-long term.! They just dey march on the same spot cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by buzzgonz(m): 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777 - Guy abeg make we chat abt Stock i dey yahoo dey wait for you. smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2008
gabza:

Looking back now I feel embarassed to say that John Holt would have given me 1500%.
Early this year my CICO limit was 1m.
Just know what you can happily loose without disturbing your peace of mind and get ready for the time of your life.(ROLLERCOASTER)

Abi you are one of those who helped me push John Holt to where it is today?. I wont disclose how much i use attack that one. With CICO i don't do one stock i usually do about 4 at any point in time just in case.

I stiil get the money from Cutix although that one na medium CICO grin grin grin grin as FO2 talk am anything from 0-3 mths and anything in between. I don commot Japaul, CI Leasing although those ones are not strictly CICO. I still dey look VITAFOAM i don  do one cycle already i dey wait make  he drop small but that one come dey sound fundamentally sha!

I don load  ABC but i wan do oliver twist for that one i still dey chase that one and  as i dey talk now dey wait for Dunlop to flash the green light 'yakata' make i go on soun grin grin grin grin

I no go reveal my ARSENAL again make i no come give the silent readers ammunition cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
And Niwi dey one kind
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2008
buzzgonz:

pumping777 - Guy abeg make we chat about Stock i dey yahoo dey wait for you. smiley

Make I leave my work dey chat NSE with you for Yahoo?  grin grin grin Na Yahoozee be dat na.

How much you go pay me sef in case dem sack me  cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

Make I leave my work dey chat NSE with you for Yahoo?  grin grin grin Na Yahoozee be that na.

How much you go pay me sef in case them sack me  cheesy cheesy
Could you check your email please? Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2008
Napolean:

Tomorrow is not by invitation only. MTI is available from your brokers at about N3. price is changing its better for one to pay the price  rather that write a cheque for 2.70 and have it returned after monts without interest. Some peole who went into Chams blindly may find this happening.

If you want MTI or whichever company tell your broker you have filled the form in and want to buy. Some do not like clients doing pp because unless they are a broker to the offer they do not get comission. They would rather you daily churn whether you benefit or not.
Elder Napolean, what is your opinion on MTI? I looked at the prospectus and it was laden with errors. Their huge loss in '06 is also a concern. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2008
K2:

Could you check your email please? Thanks.

This one works. I don reply you shap shap.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by buzzgonz(m): 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777 - LOL  grin  grin  grin Bros no bi so i just want flow with this stock thing!
haba is like na only me remain oh! embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.