Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822608 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2008
buzzgonz:

pumping777 - LOL grin grin grin Bros no bi so i just want flow with this stock thing!
haba is like na only me remain oh! embarassed

Send me mail instead smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2008
£
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2008
Daddy Napoleaon - Copied loud and clear,
But, for some of us in diaspora - it is a bit difficult trading with those without the jet-age information technology.

On my next visit to Naija - i would try and visit some of the ones you have mentioned.

Infact, i fit trace you as well - come dobale well well at the gate  grin grin grin
Thanks you Sir for your words of wisdom.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by buzzgonz(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777 - Bros that na long process oh undecided try login to www.ebuddy.com Yahoo Page Chat! Since na only web you fit use,abeg try do am i dey wait smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2008
Yodiyokun

Thanks for the advise my dear sister. I already have a scary amount of Oceanic so I would go for both UBA and First Bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
oga Napolean, wow I fit be your 4th pikin sef! Thank you very much for your detailed responses as always. You are very right, I have ann acct with 1 of those big places and I'm not really impressed. Its one thing to pass info to the office folks, its another thing for the traders in that office to execute well or on time. The thing I've noticed as being prevalent with the 2 diff accts I have is the lack of response when stocks arent bought, the office folks prefer to ignore as they await answer from the trader. Times like this I wish I knew the MD so that I'd work with him, and he'd assign someone to me, who for wanting to impress MD would be running around executing.
Its just much harder for those of us not in naija, if to say I dey naija, all this would not be happening.

@ all, UBA DAILY STOCK BID ATTACHED

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2008
Yodiyokun

Thanks for the advise my dear sister. I already have a scary number of Oceanic so I would go for both UBA and First Bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2008
"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ pumping777 any hopes of BGL getting their online portal fixed. Email is cool but I dont want to have to call cause its just a lot quicker to get online and verify.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
@Napoleon,
To start with this is an open but closed identity forum.I did not in anyway insult you,neither did I shake you above the elbow.I simply and jokingly commented that your post was short on the occassion.You called me cheeky and felt you deserved an apology.Which I gave to you.In your stride you ignored the apology and I realised I should have even bothered.People crack jokes on this forum daily and they are not in anyway directed to people but the postings they represent.

There are many people making posts here and some are multi-millionaires,some are starters,some are older than my father and some are younger than me.How on earth are we supposed to know who is an elder and should not be joked with?

I think it is best we divide the forum to Elders,Startes,Youngsters and Children and let everyone fit into a particular class.As long as you join a public forum you should expect to see issues like this.Your posts have been insightful but just the same way Pumping,Aktopgun,Easimoni,Wendy and all the others have also contributed insightful posts.

You will see that diverse issues are discussed here and people also joke on this forum.By the way how do you know my first child was not born in 1940?It is impossible to know.So I myself can be accusing you of shaking me above the elbow.

I  received many private mails from people asking me to ignore your post asking for an apology,but I still went ahead and did so!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
ebi like say DANGFLOUR go start to bleed on Monday or Tuesday. They guy don use homeboys and gals money enter forbes richest
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2008
@Blueband.

No drag the issue !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2008
Haba - blueband, e no reach that level now, even, i sure sey Elder Napoleon don forget ma self.

Even me ma, i no sey - you were joking. But, not all understand jokes, and with the rate at which this trend moves. Elder Napoleon might have missed your apology.

No use that last entry spoil your good deeds - my advice remove am, and simply apologize again. Bible says, if dem slap one face turn the other, at long last people would respect you the more,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ Pumping

I think the target price of Costain given by the MD as 30 Naira in 2009 refers to the diluted post rights and PO price.

@ Upward

Thomas Wyatt was on suspension for a rights issue. There was no PO.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2008
I have read Napoleon's post and blueband's post.

Seriously I don't see what blueband did wrong.You will also notice that someone else yesterday cracked  a joke with what transpired when he asked ACL to first say "cheeky" and then ask for an apology when blueband asked Pumping if his wife will give birth to a child.

Apart from the things I learn on this forum,jokes and banter make it alive.Sometimes people like IOMA just bring a smile to my face.Same with blueband and CrazyT.What are we creating on this forum now,segregation?

Some people will now not want to contribute because they feel they will either be stepping on toes of elders or the experts.

Should we all take big and declare our ages to get respect?For me I respect AKtopgun and Pumping the most.Their posts have made me make some money silently.And despite all the banter people thrown at Pumping he has never been angry,NEVER!

This has been a good forum and if you chose to join "youthful" people in sharing ideas you must tolerate how they discuss.

Or else we might need to start declaring our age class,qualifications and money status when we post like this:

Name:Igetwicked
Qualification:PhD in Medical Informatics
Net worth: 2 Houses in London,One is Surrey(excluding cash in hand worth 600,000 pounds)

Please if you are not up to my level do not reply to this post! grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
@igetwicked

And, ebe like sey you really get true wickedness, cheesy cheesy

@blueband - no listen to this agbero o, we dey try water the thing down, the guy dey add more fire to the thing.

Seriously, igetwicked - let it die, respecting one another has been the foundation of this thread. And, e be like say we be age mate, so i fit yap you well well, even me ma self i get one house for Berkshire, i never calculate cash in hand sha, grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2008
Savvylanre,

If you have only one house why are you repying my post? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am sorry if I appear to be inflaming the situation.

But seriously what has blueband really done wrong?We just don't always expect young people to apologize to elders simply because it's African culture.If Blueband apologizes again,no problems but that will be asking for too much from someone who has done no wrong.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2008
@Elder Napoleon
First of all i'm thanking you for the candid advice.And i understand revealing my broker has make some peeps to start changing face, understanding of a question is part of an answer.
     Actually i'm newly to stock market in Nigeria, but equity trading this is my 14yrs in it, and most of the factors or tools to be use in tracking or predicting stock movement i learn it to my capabilities by the way i'm not an expert. This forum help me alot in difficulties.
    I seconded YODIYOKUN's suggestion,' not that i dump side your insight'. Making ur broker to be a friend is a beginning of wisdom at Nigeria level. (with everything nearly going online things will change).
    May the God reward those that are spending their vital time to educate and guide us in this forum.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2008
samstone4:

@ Pumping

I think the target price of Costain given by the MD as 30 Naira in 2009 refers to the diluted post rights and PO price.

Samstone4 cool cool

That is why I said this is warning for a long term investor not to buy beyond N30. Short term traders can take advantage of the current scarcity before the PO certs come out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2008
@igetwicked

See how you have casually responded to me (even though i called you agbero) - every statement is open to different interpretation.
But, i am trying to support Blueband good deeds - his last entry, did not support his earlier goodwill - and in light of the little, i have known about him on this thread, that last entry no represent am at all,

Anway, if blueband dey listen - he would do the right thing.

End of discussion on this one - lets move on,

BTW - all you silent listeners, i dey watch you now - see wetin una do to Transexpr today, Pumping don warn me tire, i no listen,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igetwicked: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
Savvylanre,

If Napoleon had said he was 21 years old would have felt blueband should apologize again?People apologize for doing something wrong and not because the other party is older.I think I have been out of Nigeria for too long.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
Blueband/igetwicked/Napoleon,

Allow me to call a truce o! Conflicts will occur in any collaborative venture (such as a faceless online forum). I've even lost my temper a couple of times (trust me, that's a v difficult thing to do to me  grin). If someone riles you, speak once and ignore thereafter! Let's not lose sight of why we are here; to make money and teach others to do the same.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2008
@blueband, @Napoleon

Let me say each person has expressed himself. I think it is healthy to vent out when we disagree.

Abeg make una both no vex sha. Make I apologize to anyone that felt offended for one reason or the other. E pele. N do. Ajose wa o ni ba je o (Our joint efforts will not be fruitless).

All fit be misunderstanding sef. Make we forget am for the sake of the house.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2008
Guys I hail oh. Abeg I wan ask 1 question. Does anyone know what is resposible for the upward movement of First Aluminium. I wan put money for there as the thing dey go up, but as I see, this na company wey dey make loss not profit.
Abi I no see well, from their 3 qtr result on NSE sight?

Elders in the house help oh with any info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2008
People back to stocks, I already posted the UBA Stock bid on the previous page!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2008
Father of 2

This 2 weeks must be over Ke. Anyway for all the posts you have missed abeg give us one CICO stock for next week that would deliver 20% (excluding big treat that one is guaranteed 50% minimum). No insurance please, I am through with them until they start releasing results - I am not in for a 2p waste of time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ aLL,

NEWS FROM AN AUTHENTIC SOURCE.

JAPAUL CERTIFICATES OUT ON MONDAY. CAN BE PICKED UP BY BROKERS.

HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND, AND GET YOURS SO YOU CAN DEMATERIALISE IT QUICK.

CHEERS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2008
Nairalanders
I have a question please? Have the FCMB shares been listed? Are the new shares holders entitled to the year end goodies? Thank you o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2008
ololufemi:

@ aLL,

NEWS FROM AN AUTHENTIC SOURCE.

JAPAUL CERTIFICATES OUT ON MONDAY. CAN BE PICKED UP BY BROKERS.

HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND, AND GET YOURS SO YOU CAN DEMATERIALISE IT QUICK.

CHEERS

@AkTopGun @Pumping @Blueband

Please, can you confirm the above report that Japaul Certs are out? What will be the effect on the share price? Do I empty all I have now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2008
Has anyone recieved tradealert for today yet? Cos I tell ma dumbass broker make him help me buy bread for bigtreat today o! na so I never recieve tradealert yet?

Anybody get am today? abi shey dem don get am wey tradealert never alert me?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2008
Pumping - it seems the bull would be returning to the Insurance sector next week. What do you think?

My sister don commot eye for that side, but i know say she would turn around by the time she sees the trend, over the weekend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2008
mecatchcha:

@AkTopGun @Pumping @Blueband

Please, can you confirm the above report that Japaul Certs are out? What will be the effect on the share price? Do I empty all I have now?

lol of course price will come down, wasnt PO at N6 or something, after all those mths of waiting, people are eager to cash out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.