Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,918 members, 7,879,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:29 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822600 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kc08: 1:42am On Apr 03, 2008
tommy t:

you no tell us if you be shot timer or long timer o
any way i know be guru
but if you be short timer you can check the first post in this page
fo2 do give go ahead for GTB

Thank you boo I be long term. I am looking for something that i will put in for a long haul. Since I am not available to ring at the kneck of my broker. I will only instruct him by email to put the money there. From experience it is always very difficult to sell at the right time when i give him the instruction. so i am looking at six months to one year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:52am On Apr 03, 2008
kc08:

I have 2m i intend to send to naija now that the market is geting better to enter. I would like to have your suggestions of what company or companies to buy their stock that will give me a great yield.

Fatherof2 and all the gurus in the house, please I need your help.

Take your decision after the money is with your broker and you can strike. A recommendation given today may not be reasonable in a week's time. Morever, you have not mentioned the time frame you have in mind.

For those that asked, I still dey but I don become silent reader small.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:01am On Apr 03, 2008
Femtex:

I will say, thread softly on Adswitch. I have EPS of 4.16K with PE ratio of 156.98. This is based on their quarter two result which I doubled with outstanding shares of 125m. If it’s up to me, this is a no go area.

I believe Glasosmith is good at today’s price (or it might go a little lower). I guess people responded to the result by dumping the stock when the FY result fails to meet expectation. I guess many people were probably expecting bonus, instead of the 45K dividend they are now paying. Based on today's price, its trailing PE is about 24 which put it in my buy list.

The only problem is that GSK dropped PAT year on year so the forward PE can be around 27 if it drops PAT again by the same margin.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:23am On Apr 03, 2008
Femtex and pumping
Thanks for your respond, and regarding GSK chart u can c its a continous trend which a possible shading. The third day candle is a black " CLOSING BOZU" It open below the previous day and closes at lowest. I secönded ur idea one should wait for a while. By the way i look at it a good CICO depending ur entry.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beswyt(f): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2008
@all    Is transcorp a good buy now?   'cos i was surprise to see transcorp among IBTC STOCK SELECT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2008
Wit all d pp`s and po`s goin on,i think nairaland deserves d following.
Nairaland pp 1 naira per share,500,000 units minimum sub
Nairaland po 1.95k per share ,250,000 units minimum sub

che dey wan mk we source funds
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2008
embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2008
First Bank set to absorb N250-billion from offer
23 September, 2007 08:00:00 ABDUL IMOYO
Font size:
•sets Nigeria’s record total applications
Indications are rife in Lagos that First Bank of Nigeria plc (FBN) will absorb as much as half of about N500-billion received during its recent public offer.
The bank on May 14, launched an offer to raise N100-billion through the issuance of 3,121,015,920 new shares made up of a rights issue of 1,496,762,682 units on the basis of one new ordinary share for every seven ordinary shares held by existing shareholders, and an offer for subscription of 1,624,253,238 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N31 and N33 a share, respectively.
Business Day learnt that the bank received a record 1.2-million applications from investors, leaving for behind the existing record of 400,000 applications in Zenith Bank’s initial public offering (IPO). It has turned out to be the most subscribed offer in Nigeria’s history in terms of cash.
Investigations show that the bank authorities may have resolved to absorb N250-billion of the total N500-billion realised from the exercise.
Business Day learnt that the value of all applications in respect of the offer totalled N500-billion indicating an oversubscription of 400 percent. Market sources also disclosed that the bank had been given the go-ahead to take up 25 percent of the oversubscribed shares as indicated in the prospectus.
It means that the bank will have to absorb N250-billion and allot shares in that proportion.
With this development, analysts say the paid-up share capital of the company which is currently 10.359-billion units is likely to double.
First Bank is not alone in the quest to push share capital above the N200-billion. Reports indicate that Union Bank plans to raise an extra N180-billion from a strategic core investor.
This bloated share capital, analysts say, may become a challenge on the banks’ earnings potential in the short term. They argue that just like the other banks that have raised capital from the market, the banks’ challenges will be more in terms of deploying capital to boost their earnings.
According to analysts, although there will be more funds at their disposal, earnings will automatically be diluted with an increasing price earning ratio.
In the case of First Bank, Abiye Karibi-White, stockbroker with Nova Securities, says the increase in share capital will definitely put pressure on the bank to meet shareholders’ expectations in terms of returns such as bonuses and dividends. "For now, we can rule out expectations of bonuses from the bank because the earnings would have been diluted by the time the shares are listed. That will also affect the share price and it means that it may not go beyond what it is now."
Kennedy Edah-Ikeh of ICMG Securities Limited contends that First Bank’s price earning ratio, which is an indication of the growth potentials, will automatically go up after the listing of the shares.
He says: "In terms of the price going up, the FBN might not be able to meet that for now because the new share capital would reduce the earnings per share to about N1.00, while the price earning ratio would also be high. Besides, it would be difficult to declare a bonus issue on this volume in the short term."
Gerald Ibe, CEO of Dakal Services, also notes that the new structure will affect earnings in the short term, adding that a lot of people who bought the shares at a premium while the offer was ongoing would have to hold on to their shares at least for now.
However, they express optimism about the future of the banks, saying that with more money at their disposal they will be able to do more business and carry on proper banking processes. This also indicates that they will be able to lend more money to their customers and businesses.
According to Karibi-White, the management of FBN as well as other banks would have to be on their toes and be more creative in terms of product development and innovative banking products that are tailored to the needs of their varied customers.
Other analysts note that FBN still has a strong public appeal and perception because of its performance in the past six years. The bank has consistently paid dividends and declared bonuses to its shareholders during the period under review.
Olawale Idowu of Hamilton Hammer & Co. Limited says the banks are already coming up with series of products for the needs of their customers. But he would like the Central Bank of Nigeria to be consistent with its regulatory functions so that the banking terrain would turn out for the better.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2008
pumping777:

Take your decision after the money is with your broker and you can strike. A recommendation given today may not be reasonable in a week's time. Morever, you have not mentioned the time frame you have in mind.

For those that asked, I still dey but I don become silent reader small.

@ Pumping

Nice to see you oh. Make you still dey oh, i need you here too. Na two yansh God give us. You fit put your left yansh for another place. But leave the important right yansh for here. This is the real PANADOL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:00am On Apr 03, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

Father of 2
Thanks for being here with us. It seem i felt to hook with tripple G. I decided to join the train of Glaxosmith and ADSWITCH. I hope am not making a suicide. Comments are welcome.

I was going to ask you if you succeeded in getting that TripleG, sometimes its hard. It took two hits on Thursday and friday for me to get mine complete last week as it was falling.But i won't be greedy, once i cross 30% profit i may bail, depends on the behaviour at 30% though. Just as it is difficult to go in, it is also as difficult to come out of some stocks. Greed can cause you to get trapped in a descent.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:11am On Apr 03, 2008
femtex:
I will say, thread softly on Adswitch. I have EPS of 4.16K with PE ratio of 156.98. This is based on their quarter two result which I doubled with outstanding shares of 125m. If it’s up to me, this is a no go area.

I believe Glasosmith is good at today’s price (or it might go a little lower). I guess people responded to the result by dumping the stock when the FY result fails to meet expectation. I guess many people were probably expecting bonus, instead of the 45K dividend they are now paying. Based on today's price, its trailing PE is about 24 which put it in my buy list.

Totally agree with you on GSK. That's usually the case.GSK should present a better buy opportunity by tomorrow if it falls or hold its position today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Pumping

Nice to see you oh. Make you still dey oh, i need you here too. Na two yansh God give us. You fit put your left yansh for another place. But leave the important right yansh for here. This is the real PANADOL.

I full ground make I dey represent. I don take your advice nail the right yansh for here berekete. Good to read your posts again grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2008
Ah-Ah, seems like we're coming out of the Bear run and entering a Bulls run in this thread. I can see some gurus still lurking and gradually coming in one after teh other. Oga Pumping I hail-o, I don already hail FatherOf2, and other gurus and gugurus. At least sanity seems to have returned to this place after all the challenges of teh recent past, and one very important thing it has done is to BRING OUT ALL THE SECRET/SILENT READERS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2008
upward:

Ah-Ah, seems like we're coming out of the Bear run and entering a Bulls run in this thread. I can see some gurus still lurking and gradually coming in one after the other. Oga Pumping I hail-o, I don already hail FatherOf2, and other gurus and gugurus. At least sanity seems to have returned to this place after all the challenges of the recent past, and one very important thing it has done is to BRING OUT ALL THE SECRET/SILENT READERS.

@ Upward

Have you seen prices today?. GSK looks set for me for a friday entry and the almighty Eterna fruit looks like it will get ripe certainly by Monday at the latest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bosy(f): 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2008
First Aluminium is looking good @ current price. Fo2, pumping what do you think about this? I'm planning uploading this by monday!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2008
Bosy:

First Aluminium is looking good @ current price. Fo2, pumping what do you think about this? I'm planning uploading this by monday!

Be careful not to uplaod a virus along with it oh. Monday i don't think is a good day for that one. But i've never liked First Alum though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2008
Bosy:

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
FatherOf 2,
How you dey? What are the advantages/disadvantages of bonus issues. I mean, I have a couple of kg's of GTB and a bit confused as to whether to sell after I hit my target or hold on and wait for the rumored bonus. I beg, educate mi,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Upward

Have you seen prices today?. GSK looks set for me for a friday entry and the almighty Eterna fruit looks like it will get ripe certainly by Monday at the latest.

yeah FatherOf2, GSk seems to have reversed already, it gained maximally today, so if you can get in now taht will be great. I'm totally out of cash. For eternaoil, it doesn't seem to have tired out, but let's see what monday brings.

@Bosy, you are very correct. First aluminium has slowed down, didn't loose maximally today but one has to be careful with tht stock in my opinion, may not sustain a major rise even if it reverses now.

@Gees, you are looking at yesterday's chart. They have not updated teh charts for today. It closed at 6.50 today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by king4get(m): 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
Can someone pls tell how to get my cert from uba
it  been long now since i buy the share
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2008
Fatherof2
The most impressive thing about reading your post is the confidence it exudes. I really like that.
I am an admirer of an aspect of your investment strategy. Very contrarian.
The selflessness in sharing is amazing too.
Keep it up.

On your EternaOil, I think it has till [b]Thursday [/b]to locate the floor. Please give it another look.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Upwards
Thanks a lot,
Will visit it later in the day,
Happy investing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
Geees:

@Upwards
Thanks a lot,
Will visit it later in the day,
Happy investing

@Gees,

you're welcome man, I always gattya back
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2008
Geees:

That is the type of false Doji that wooes more pigs for slaughtering on the floor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2008
Father of 2,

Na beg I dey begi ooo. make u helep awon boys now by answering their question cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2008
Iwerebor:

Fatherof2
The most impressive thing about reading your post is the confidence it exudes. I really like that.
I am an admirer of an aspect of your investment strategy. Very contrarian.
The selflessness in sharing is amazing too.
Keep it up.

On your EternaOil, I think it has till Thursday [/b]to locate the floor. Please give it another look.

Thanks Iwerebor,
On Eterna, like i've said many a time. You anticipate a stock. My expectation is that with the current rate of fall, the two MA's (10 and 25) should converge by say tomorrow and at least properly by monday.By then a new signal would emerge.MACD will go into negative. For a stock in free fall like this, many will be seeking confirmation by next Thursday when it could get a little late. But as usual, i won't stay too long in it.[b]If the fruit gets ripe by monday, i pluck
by Tuesday. That is one of the few exceptions to my Thursday/Friday buy rule.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

That is the type of false Doji that wooes more pigs for slaughtering on the floor.

Very funny.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2008
D-DOTS:

Father of 2,

Na beg I dey begi ooo. make u helep awon boys now by answering their question cry

There is really no disadvantage in the bonus issue. It depends on you. Most longterm investors wait to collect Bonuses. While most short term traders don't bother with it. For me, buy dem low and usually ride on the fanfare of all the expectation of a bonus. The capital appreciation gained usually outweighs anything that a bonus can offer except its a 1 for 1 bonus.But you could enjoy your bonus after a long long time though, but then again, the capital appreciation could be working elsewhere for you and doing more capital appreciation.Its just the option you choose.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
eniyanman:

@Fo2,
It seems the average price for GSK today was around 21.48 which was close to yesterday's closing price. My main concern is that we have had this type of green "marubozu" this week which was followed by a fall the following day. Wetin you think?

You need all three indicators to agree in order to buy any stock. GSK i consider as being safe to buy tomorrow for a quick CICO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2008
Very nice to see you posting frequently father of 2.

What is GSK please.

Also on guarantee how high are you expecting it to go please. I really want to take profit on this one. Ta
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ fatherof2

what's your take on Transcorp. Good to enter now or wait? Also which 3 TA indicator must agree?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2008
beginner:

Very nice to see you posting frequently father of 2.

What is GSK please.

Also on guarantee how high are you expecting it to go please. I really want to take profit on this one. Ta

Between N43- N47 is my GTB exit range. I got it at N32 plus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.