Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826653 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Stacks: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ F02,

Na greed no make me position for Eterna yesterday, i dey wait for rock bottom, sad
Anyway na your theory i take buy Plenty Kg's of Transcorp @ 3.15 before the rebound so not too bad. smiley

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by merald(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ cj2008
My fellow nairalanders, ALL EYES SEEM TO BE ON THE BANKING SECTOR ,oceanic bank seem 2 hv caused a scare in the market.
i appeal to evry one of us to be careful in placing their buy mandates,in order nt 2 be cheated,my favourite theory is to buy a stock when its nt moving,those holding oceanic in their portfolio caused a scare yesterday when d UNFILLED BIDS GT TO 5.SMTIN MILLION UNITS.PLACE A GD PRICE LIMIT.

I quite agree with u not after readin this, read the attachment grin

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2008
@father of 2
I will wait and c tomorrow's candle bèfore takind position in ETNL. Today's it shows short body which mean is  not a strong reversal signal. Baba help me find me out if i'm correct.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2008
TOYNEX:

Hi Gals,
I'm interested in stocks.
Can anyone put me through? How do i go about buying some and in which company? I mean good coy
@toynek,
do u have a cscs account with a broker?if not open one so you can buy from secondary market.othewise you can only buy public offers.And you cannot verify or sell.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2008
eternaoil

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
transcorp

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
first aluminium

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2008
TOYNEX:

Hi Gals,
I'm interested in stocks.
Can anyone put me through? How do i go about buying some and in which company? I mean good coy
Toynex,
Get an account opened with a broker and come back here to learn how to pick stocks.
This thread has a HUGE amount of knowledge and information. Immerse yourself in it.
Trust me, the effort will pay generous dividend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Achika(f): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
samstone4:

@ FO2, Shigidi, Easimoni etc etc

Any info on private placement of Starcomm?
Have been offered at 12 Naira each but heard earlier that there is no pp just PO by IBTC this April.
Am I about to be 419ed?

Samstone4 cool cool

can't attach the prospectus it says it is too large. Also heard the bulk bidding is over but not sure if it is true.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2008
aktopgun:

eternaoil

Ahhhhh, Brother AKTOPGUN, I officially welcome you today. How life now.
My spy doves wen dey fly over Desert dey give me secret info on your activities oh. Keep it up.
Well done.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

@father of 2
I will wait and c tomorrow's candle bèfore takind position in ETNL. Today's it shows short body which mean is  not a strong reversal signal. Baba help me find me out if i'm correct.

I think you should try tomorrow again,don't wait to see the candle.If it falls tomorrow, you will see it as a sign to go in on Thursday.And that will be the same Thursday everybody will want to go in. Then by 3pm on Thursday, i will see your post that your broker missed Eterna again like he missed TripleG the other day. You're already in a safe zone.You can't go wrong in a safe zone(Just wait).Can you see Glaxo last Wed,Thurs & Friday.If you try and buy tomorrow and it falls, you broker would probably get it and at a cheaper price at that.I'm in some Glaxo profit and will bail out as soon as my money don correct.
Meanwhile another stock may start to reappear this week friday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
FatherOF2:

Ahhhhh, Brother AKTOPGUN, I officially welcome you today. How life now.
My spy doves when dey fly over Desert dey give me secret info on your activities oh. Keep it up.
Well done.

e ku ise FO2. nice one. i dey watch in the shadows as usual and i no far at all.

well done.

U dey hear from that man ololufemi at all?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2008
FINANCIAL RESULTS
Oceanic Bank Plc Unaudited Half Year Results For The Period Ended 31st March 2008

2008 2007 % Change

Gross Earning 66.472b 29.472b 125.54

PBT 25.063b 9.973 151.00

Taxation (4.762b) (1.695b)

PAT 20.301 8.278b 145.20

What do gurus in the house think of this result?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Apche(m): 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2008
For those wanting info on Starcomms PP, click the link below.
however, you will have to read through the thread to get the documents for the deal

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/forums/private-placements/937-starcomms-pp.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
unitybank - needs green candles

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ father of 2
u r the man, ur advice shall never invain

@Aktopgun
two house are better than one. Thanks for the Eternol. Keep remembering posting @nairaland.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BABIFAZE(f): 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2008
Hi all! babifaze in da house direct from uk. Omigod this place is more than institution ke with all the ligua like CICO,RORO,MARABUSO, EMPTY/EMPTORs etc. I spent some time to read through the previous pages but i just to stop before firefighters come knocking on my door to quench the fire burning in my brain. Naija omos na only una dey here abi the whole world represent?

chei i don miss 2 much.

I thank all of una wey dey here o I wish our leaders will learn to watch each other's back as you guys does to fellow brothers and sister here, naija for 2 good o. anyway we have to start inviting them to this forum to learn what love is.

Abeg Flourmill and FBN to buy what's your stake.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BABIFAZE(f): 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2008
Hi all! babifaze in da house direct from uk. Omigod this place is more than institution ke with all the ligua like CICO,RORO,MARABUSO, EMPTY/EMPTORs etc. I spent some time to read through the previous pages but i just to stop before firefighters come knocking on my door to quench the fire burning in my brain. Naija omos na only una dey here abi the whole world represent?

chei i don miss 2 much.

I thank all of una wey dey here o I wish our leaders will learn to watch each other's back as you guys does to fellow brothers and sister here, naija for 2 good o. anyway we have to start inviting them to this forum to learn what love is.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dupetie1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2008
hey u naija i dey yankee i just want to know wheter zenth a\bank dont dey send their share certificate
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2008
@fatherof2, you sure say time never reach to bale out? The candle red well well today o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2008
BABIFAZE:

Hi all! babifaze in da house direct from uk.

Babifaze, make I talk from wetin I don learn from d gurus. Both a fantastic for long term if you are in for the long haul.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2008
NSE BID/OFFER Positon of selected stocks at close of trading on 08 April 2008

Demand Supply
NIGROPES 7.08m WEMABANK 0 18.21m
ROADS 0.699m AP 0.894m
ECOBANK 9.85m DEAPCAP 0 0.658m
ACENINS 0.339m CRUSADER 0 30.20m
GNI 1.17m STACO 0 15.16m
GCAPPA 1.62m OASISINS 0 4.09m
STUDPRESS 0.680m
ARBICO 1.63m
AFRPAINTS 0.652m
OLUGLASS 2.30m
BCN 0.725m
ABPLAST 3.98m
STDINSURE 12.01m
ABOSELAB 6.91m
ALEX 1.22m
CUSTODYINS 54.06m
WTN 0.906m
RIETZCOT 5.53m
OKITIPUPA 0.235m
LENNARDS 1.66m
ETERNAOIL 1.30m
COSTAIN 0.025m
EKOCORP 0.200m
FIRSTALUM 10.87m
INTERLINK 0.535m
LIZOLOFIN 0.266m
FOOTWEAR 0.452m
GLAXOSMITH 0.218m
ACADEMY 0.148m
RAKUNITY 1.01m
THOMASWY 5.39m
BETAGLAS 0.050m
OCEANIC 74.29m
STERLNBANK 8.56m
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dynamite98: 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
I've been checking this thread daily to see who's back and who's running late coming home. It's nice to see most of the family members back from their short vacation. Home is where the heart is. Thank God for preserving your going out nd your coming home wink. I'm a silent reader, learning greatly from the gurus. Missed ya all when you left. It was a heartbreak. Welcome! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dynamite98: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2008
I've been checking this thread daily to see who's back and who's running late coming home. It's nice to see most of the family members back from their short vacation. Home is where the heart is. Thank God for preserving your going out nd your coming home wink. I'm a silent reader, learning greatly from the gurus. Missed ya all when you left. It was a heartbreak. Welcome! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bay1970(m): 7:18am On Apr 09, 2008
Zenith Bank's offer records 496 per cent subscription

THE Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) yesterday released the allotment result of the recently concluded hybrid offering of Zenith Bank Plc, which shows a 495.9 per cent subscription, despite the non-extension of the offering.

An analysis of the result released by SEC yesterday indicated that the bank received a total of 328,765 applications for 8.7 billion ordinary shares over the 1.763 billion ordinary shares offered at N38.90 per share.

The rights issue also recorded a subscription level of 101 per cent, as 48,285 subscribers applied for additional 316.2 trillion ordinary shares while 299.6 million units were allotted.

Competent sources within Zenith Capital said based on the clearance by SEC, cheques for surplus monies and rejected applications would be dispatched to applicants not later than Friday April 11, 2008, adding that arrangements have been concluded to dispatch share certificates to successful allottees not later than April 25, 2008.

The bank had on December 6, 2007 retained to raise funds through a public offering of 1.763 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N38.90 per share and a right issue of 1.655 ordinary shares at N36.90 per share. It closed on schedule, without extension, on January 17, 2008.

Market watchers attributed the bank's performance at the market to the level of investors' confidence and a track record of good return on investment, which the bank's shareholders have enjoyed over the years.

The bank's IPO in 2004 had recorded a 524 per cent subscription level, and investors have enjoyed good returns on investment since the bank was first listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 2004.

The bank's stock has maintained a steady appreciation from its initial listing price of N10.90 reaching an all-time high N68.97 in August 2007, representing over 532.72 per cent appreciation.

Nigerian Stock Exchange management last year adjudged the bank as the quoted company of the year, which market watchers attributed to its consistent impressive performance indices.

--------Bull time for Zenith
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 7:57am On Apr 09, 2008
[/size][b]AKTOPGUN! AKTOPGUN!! AKTOPGUN!!![[/b]size=8pt]
na God i take beg you o!
ligth your candle on niwicable
biko
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2008
na God i take beg you o!
biko
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Upward,

E be like say na you help pilot release Eterna landing gear. You're already in profit. Nice move yesterday, rock bottoms are hard to find. Take position just before rock bottom.

My dear brother, this one was perfect timeing-o, not because of anything special but because it was already in the safe zone. Hope you got in? You know your post last week supported my plan so it even encouraged me to go after close to the day's low. It needs today to confirm, because it can still loose today (anything is possible) but whatever the case, I no de complain.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2008
Bank PHB Declare Result

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3922

Any positive news yet?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BP(m): 9:02am On Apr 09, 2008
Anybody interested in getting Omatek private placement shares? I've got nearly a million units going for =N=3.50

Call 08024558094 if you are interested.

Ciao!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 9:24am On Apr 09, 2008
tommy t:

na God i take beg you o!
biko

Let me stand in for my Oga on this (though he will score my work o)

Niwicable

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2008
Kashif:

Let me stand in for my Oga on this (though he will score my work o)

Niwicable

Good try Kashif, I'm not the OGA but let me point out a few things. The stock Opened at the lowest for the day (9.5) and was pushed right up to 10.42, but reduced slightly to close at 10.12 which is very close to the day's high. This is a green candle and a good bullish sign. The slow stockastic is falattening, but the chaiking money flow yet to respond, as well as teh RSI, However going by the candles, it's bullish, but today's market will throw more light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.