Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,836 members, 7,959,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (835381 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by freelance(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2008
Tantalizers to list on Thursday:

Tantalizers Limited will list 2.59 billion units at N3.90k on the floors of the Nigerian Stock Exchange on Thursday, June 12, 2008.

http://faithfulsnetwork.com/index.php
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2008
NSE approves use of Custody Accounts:

The Nigerian Stock Exchange, today, suspended the ban on Margin Trading Accounts pending when the special committee set up and comprising representatives of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN); Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), and Nigerian Stock Exchange meet to come up with a workable process.

Further details on this is expected to be made public at an elaborate media briefing this Friday or Monday next week by the Director General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Dr. (Mrs.) ndi Okereke-Onyuike.

In the meantime, the NSE has renamed the services offered by banks to the fund managers as 'Custody Accounts'

Proshare NI
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 7:27am On Jun 12, 2008
NSE approves use of Custody Accounts:

The Nigerian Stock Exchange, today, suspended the ban on Margin Trading Accounts pending when the special committee set up and comprising representatives of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN); Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), and Nigerian Stock Exchange meet to come up with a workable process.

Further details on this is expected to be made public at an elaborate media briefing this Friday or Monday next week by the Director General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Dr. (Mrs.) ndi Okereke-Onyuike.

In the meantime, the NSE has renamed the services offered by banks to the fund managers as 'Custody Accounts'

Proshare NI
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 7:54am On Jun 12, 2008
dis our thread is now bearisshshshshshsh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2008
Father of 2 where art thou? Your miss reading your comments. No hide o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ijengala: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2008
just a few bears and all our gurus, stargazers, prophets, analysts, contributors, etc flee!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
am sure when the bulls return, they will all creep out from under the rocks, under their tables and start postulating again, @#$%^&*(!!! tongue tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peaceland(m): 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ All
Hello everyone.
Please can you give me an update on NFI shares (Nigerian French Insurance)?
i bought some units a couple of years back and so far no news even though the certificate is now lodged in CSCS. i cant trade on it and all i heard was that they are to be acquired by AIICO. what really is going on.
thanks for your response.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2008
peaceland:

@ All
Hello everyone.
Please can you give me an update on NFI shares (Nigerian French Insurance)?
i bought some units a couple of years back and so far no news even though the certificate is now lodged in CSCS. i can't trade on it and all i heard was that they are to be acquired by AIICO. what really is going on.
thanks for your response.

Why don't u start with the registrar for both coys. Visit them and find out about what u need to do.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2008
Does anyone know if BAGCO have distributed their share certificates to those who participated in their last IPO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ukpekeson(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2008
@freelance, Tantalizer is not well spread like mr Biggs, does it really worth buying?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TATPRESS(m): 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2008
Nice trend!

Please house.

I just got my CSCS account from Tradealart. I registered with the CASHCRAFT management Limited.

I dont really know how to go about buying shares.

The guy in the office there is always squeezing his face- so he dosent entertain much question.

what do i do?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2008
VERY IMPORTANT INFO

The NSE has said that henceforth,companies doing PP and hope to be listed on the NSE by way of introduction will have their shares listed @ the PP price

NO MORE PROMISE OF A HIGHER LISTING PRICE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ajeh: 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2008
Can any one in the house tell me about Dangote Flour? I bought their last IPO and up to now, the certificate has not been issued to me.  Does this normally take up to a year, before sending the certificate?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ekstacy: 12:16am On Jun 16, 2008
Ajeh:

Can any one in the house tell me about Dangote Flour? I bought their last IPO and up to now, the certificate has not been issued to me. Does this normally take up to a year, before sending the certificate?
Dang Flour certificates has been out some couple of months back plus returned monies , check with your broker/Registrar
quote author=tufe link=topic=31554.msg2368978#msg2368978 date=1213370835]
Does anyone know if BAGCO have distributed their share certificates to those who participated in their last IPO.
[quote][/quote] Ditto Bagco
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2008
ekstacy:

Dang Flour certificates has been out some couple of months back plus returned monies , check with your broker/Registrar
quote author=tufe link=topic=31554.msg2368978#msg2368978 date=1213370835]
Ditto Bagco

dangote flour credited my CSCS account a long time ago and i have since sold off the meagre units they gave me. you might want to visit oceanic registrar in Ikoyi.
bagco cert and return money still being awaited like you guys
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2008
rasputinn:

VERY IMPORTANT INFO

The NSE has said that henceforth,companies doing PP and hope to be listed on the NSE by way of introduction will have their shares listed @ the PP price

NO MORE PROMISE OF A HIGHER LISTING PRICE

very good development. it will sanitise the PP world. and force companies to price their PP's approriately and moderate premium demand from hoarders
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2008
Ukpekeson:

@freelance, Tantalizer is not well spread like mr Biggs, does it really worth buying?

well, the tantalizer PP has been concluded and they will be listing soon, so the question of whether it is worth buying or not is not so relevant at this time.

chances are even high u will not get it to buy on the floor even if you want to since the listing will be done at the PP price following the new NSE directive. those who were planning to dump at the proposed higher listing price will now have to wait longer add the policy of 100k units daily trade before a stock can witness price appreciation or depreciation, then you will realise that the wait on this one might be long.

that is a good thing because it gives investors time to evaluate the company's performance over the next one yr and what they manage to do with the new funds available to them
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2008
It was gathered that many of the stockbrokers are even more worried by the decision of the NSE to stop stockbroking firms from raising funds through private placements for purpose of the recapitalisation.
Few of the stockbroking firms have issued their shares through private placement in order to source for funds. But Okereke-Onyiuke said that the Exchange would not allow any stockbroking firm to be listed.

Thisday

look before you buy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dulamania: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2008
hello all, i heared aabout the julius berger bonus of 3 for 1. Is it a good buy at N120.

PLS, i need reply quick to make a dicision.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2008
Dis Guy:

It was gathered that many of the stockbrokers are even more worried by the decision of the NSE to stop stockbroking firms from raising funds through private placements for purpose of the recapitalisation.
Few of the stockbroking firms have issued their shares through private placement in order to source for funds. But Okereke-Onyiuke said that the Exchange would not allow any stockbroking firm to be listed.

Thisday

look before you buy
I dont think that the Thisday story is correct. They misrepresented the NSE Boss.
What she said was that srockbroking firms would not be allowed to list on the Exchange, so if they do private placements they would still remain private firms. also they would not be able to do public offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
frankiriri:

I don't think that the Thisday story is correct. They misrepresented the NSE Boss.
What she said was that srockbroking firms would not be allowed to list on the Exchange, so if they do private placements they would still remain private firms. also they would not be able to do public offer.

I don't think that the Thisday story is correct. They misrepresented the NSE Boss.

but she said they can incorporate another company which can then be listed. so if they incorporate a parent company wit the stockbroking firm as a subsidiary of the parent company, the parent company can do a private placement for the purpose of listing on the stock exchange. the parent company then shores up the paid up capital of the stockbroking firm to meet re-capitalization target from the proceeds of the PP
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2008
@walcom, thanx for the info. u also replied someone that Dangote flour's cert has been issued. pity, i didnt get mine. could you plz tell me where their registrar is?, plus what would be the necessart criteria they would ask me for, taking into consideration that i have misplaced the deposit slip i took from the bank after buying into it.

in a nutshell, what wud u advice i do, cuz i havent experienced this kinda stuff before. thanx man wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
frankiriri:

I think I also heard something like{Only way they can be allowed to do Public offers is if they have another company name running a separate business but managed by their firm}.

Oh! I have been informed that my Bank PHB Shares Certificate was delivered @ my house yesterday after some people has received theirs' after several weeks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2008
tufe:

@walcom, thanx for the info. u also replied someone that Dangote flour's cert has been issued. pity, i didnt get mine. could you plz tell me where their registrar is?, plus what would be the necessart criteria they would ask me for, taking into consideration that i have misplaced the deposit slip i took from the bank after buying into it.

in a nutshell, what would u advice i do, because i havent experienced this kind of stuff before. thanx man wink

Oceanic registrar on awolowo road ikoyi are the registrar to d company. just go to their office with an ID and you will be asked to give a signature specimen which they will cross-check with what u signed on the subscription form.

if the cert has been returned to them undelivered, they will give it to you. but if they dont have it back yet, they will ask you to wait a while to see if it will still get delivered. they can only give u a replacement cert if you dont recieve d original after one year of postage

bon chance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2008
walcolm:

Oceanic registrar on awolowo road ikoyi are the registrar to d company. just go to their office with an ID and you will be asked to give a signature specimen which they will cross-check with what u signed on the subscription form.

if the cert has been returned to them undelivered, they will give it to you. but if they don't have it back yet, they will ask you to wait a while to see if it will still get delivered. they can only give u a replacement cert if you don't recieve d original after one year of postage

bon chance

thanx bro, for the info.i'll tend to it immediately. but man, one year na long thing oh, thats if they havent received it sha wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ukpekeson(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2008
@DULAMANIA,
I THINK THE BONUS IS 1 FOR 3, NOT 3 FOR 1.

CHEERS,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2008
Ukpekeson:

@DULAMANIA,
I THINK THE BONUS IS 1 FOR 3, NOT 3 FOR 1.

CHEERS,

3 FOR 1
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 2:25am On Jun 20, 2008
Yardua and NSE

To the gurus in the house, do you think this president will help or hurt our stocks during his term?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:27am On Jun 20, 2008
naijaking1:

Yardua and NSE

To the gurus in the house, do you think this president will help or hurt our stocks during his term?

He will help only if he leaves soludo alone and solves the power crisis.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 4:58am On Jun 20, 2008
easimoni:

He will help only if he leaves soludo alone and solves the power crisis.

The likelihood of doing that is small, because Soludo doesn't belong to the so-called Kano-Katsina-Kaduna axis. Also if his current appointments are any indication, then you know that somebody from Katsina is already warming up for the job.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2008
walcolm:

but she said they can incorporate another company which can then be listed. so if they incorporate a parent company wit the stockbroking firm as a subsidiary of the parent company, the parent company can do a private placement for the purpose of listing on the stock exchange. the parent company then shores up the paid up capital of the stockbroking firm to meet re-capitalization target from the proceeds of the PP
Yeah. That is the case with BGL. The parent coy is BGL Limited. while BGL stockbrokers cant be listed BGL limited will
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2008
Has anyone been able to verify their japaul certificate ? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.