Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,139 members, 7,916,340 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:53 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (828937 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by seun001(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2008
tufe:

whats going to be the effect on their share price??

an agrresive appreciation in share price of course.its already evidenced in oceanic's market results today.though can't really point to the reason anyways.speculations , mayb undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gaby(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2008
I am looking to disposing my first bank share urgently need tips and advic on how to go about this , anyone in the house with any useful info should advise please, its a total o fabout 13,000 units,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2008
what kind of advice do you seek know, cuz what u want to do is quite simple.

Today's high for first bank is being traded at N44.90 at this very moment. so u are holding a basket worth N583,700. well after taking off the 2.4% commission, u wud have N569,691.2.

Its worth ur selling if u ask me, going be the fact that they opened at N37.88 last week. so what could possibly be the odds. if can still be patient though, i wud say u wait till their financial year end, rake in some dividends and bonus, and enjoy. wink if u however need money inhand, then go ahead and sell
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gaby(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2008
tufe:

what kind of advice do you seek know, because what u want to do is quite simple.

Today's high for first bank is being traded at N44.90 at this very moment. so u are holding a basket worth N583,700. well after taking off the 2.4% commission, u would have N569,691.2.

Its worth your selling if u ask me, going be the fact that they opened at N37.88 last week. so what could possibly be the odds. if can still be patient though, i would say u wait till their financial year end, rake in some dividends and bonus, and enjoy. wink if u however need money inhand, then go ahead and sell

Hey Tufe

Thanks a whole lot for your advise im selling cos i need the cash for something urgent but from what i've garnered so far it might take some considerable time getting them off, will see how it goes, tnks once again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2008
MyPeace:

l love that, opportunity no dey finish!

E no dey finish oh. Just know how to "control your excitement".
Watch some of this weeks runners beat a retreat next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:09am On Jul 02, 2008
Hey whats up with sterling registrars. They don't want to list our shares (from PO). Is there any way we can pressurize them to do so, i need money o.

PS In case anyone needs web or graphic design, am a designer.
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by st1(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2008
FATHER OF 2. Why speak in parable pls say thing as they are
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 11:04am On Jul 02, 2008
@father,
what sayest thou about, skye and Oceanic.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2008
The quotations committee of the NSE council will meet on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th July, 2008 to consider the under listed applications;

§ Costain WA Plc – supplementary offering

§ Skye Bank – supplementary offering

§ Lucky Fibres Plc – Public offering

§ Crusader Insurance Plc – Public offering

§ Sovereign Trust Ins. Plc – Merger

§ Staco Insurance - Public/rights offering

§ Starcoms – Introductory listing

§ Union Homes REIT – Introductory listing

§ Sterling Bank – Reconstruction

§ Transnationwide Express – Public/rights offering

§ West African Glass Ind – Placing/rights

§ Multiverse Plc – Introductory listing

, PROSHARE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2008
husu:

@father,
what sayest thou about, skye and Oceanic.

Going by banking antecedents even in the last bull season.I'd place my tent in Oceanic now and skye later.
The next time oceanic reaches the trigger point probably end of next week, i'll add more. Two signals should hopefully agree then.Oceanic should know
this and time their result release likewise.
Its inching closer to zero threshold which is what really matters for bullish confirmation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2008
@father of 2,
What i understand from those idioms is that,Oceanic may drop by end of next week,And likely results may come out then for another ride of Oceanic.And after the riding of oceanic,i can now enter skye.Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:58am On Jul 03, 2008
Is it true that Japaul oil has just listed the PO shares, and is it true that the price would fall to N 6 . What can people who bought from the PO do.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ All,

ololufemi

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians
« #24302 on: June 22, 2008, 01:19 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ ALL,

A BIG WELCOME TO THE BULLS. WATCH OUT. HERE THEY COME.

Report to moderator 80.248.12.185

As I talk am , na im he happen oh. Our prayers were answered.

Thanks to the Almighty GOD.

More grease to ur elbows and knuckles Fatherof2.

Howz the family.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ All,

E no dey finish oh. Just know how to "control your excitement".
Watch some of this weeks runners beat a retreat next week.

Yes Fatherof2, I concur because it creates another opportunity for re entry.

but lets hope they dont start to sell off Margin Stocks again oh or na to keep money under pillow be that for people.

Many Thanks for the support.

Your boy as usual.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2008
FO2

Oceanic is already losing, can it ever get to 27+ l bought it early this year?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
FatherOF2:

Going by banking antecedents even in the last bull season.I'd place my tent in Oceanic now and skye later.
The next time oceanic reaches the trigger point probably end of next week, i'll add more. Two signals should hopefully agree then.Oceanic should know
this and time their result release likewise.
Its inching closer to zero threshold which is what really matters for bullish confirmation.

Father of 2, how u dey? Is it possible for you to use a typical chart i.e. oceanic to describe what are talking about. i seem to understand but I bgo like see am 4 picture. Thanks a lot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2008
Fo2,

Abeg wetin go come happen to Sterling bank now with this Reconstruction thing. Price up or down?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2008
@ father of 2,
How things?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skyee: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2008
Hello to all,

Pls I dont want to open a new post since what i want to post is all about stock,

Pls can anyone tell me how i can receive my dividend, is it through bank account or is it that i will go to the bank that i buy the shares or how, pls somebody should pls tell me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by atilla(m): 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ SKYEE

For shares bought through public offer - The address that you put on the aplicatn form while buying the shares is where your dividend will be posted to.
FOR shares bought through sec. market - the address on your CSCS account

If you want you can visit the registrars or go to their websites for the shares you have
download the e-dividend fill and send, this will enable registrars to pay directly to your bank account.

take care
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
this was the forum that changed my life, that made me start to give a damn about our economy and opened my eyes to the world of finance. knowledge is power and i got it here in plentifolds, so it hurts me when i see that this fucking forum has been on page 761 for over a month when this thread used to do 10 pages in a day. i promise to always be here. please let nairaland boom again, and seun pls let us post all our charts as we may wish.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2008
shigidi:

this was the forum that changed my life, that made me start to give a damn about our economy and opened my eyes to the world of finance. knowledge is power and i got it here in plentifolds, so it hurts me when i see that this fucking forum has been on page 761 for over a month when this thread used to do 10 pages in a day. i promise to always be here. please let nairaland boom again, and seun please let us post all our charts as we may wish.

@ Husu,

Thanks i'm fine.

@ Shigidi,

Nice to see you again. The forum has suffered from the times.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2008
Father of 2

Abeg this your disappearing act is too much o. Your contributions are valued. Please finish your explanations on Oceanic. Is it now ready to move from zero whatever?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2008
hey all hope the weekend was nice, some consolation from the bears. anyway, there really doesnt seem to be any sign of bulls rampaging any time soon.
it however is a buyers market and i feel there are many gems out there that can make you smile again if ure just patient enough.
skye, DSR, FBN GTB, diamond, beta glass are all undervalued in my opinion.
hang in there all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2008
Surprises:

Union Bank and Diamond Bank to represent soooooooooooooooooooooooon. Watch out!

Union Bank to give 1 for 4, Diamond Bank to give 1 for 4
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2008
beginner:

Father of 2

Abeg this your disappearing act is too much o. Your contributions are valued. Please finish your explanations on Oceanic. Is it now ready to move from zero whatever?

Beginner i can't help but observe that you're a very rich guy with a deceptive name "BEGINNER".

Oceanic has not made the crossover yet, but DSR is about to right now. If it crosses, HI=LOW=SAME. See how BOC quietly creeped up,with HI not equal to Low until when Bullish crossover was made today.But not for long though. Diamond is right on course for a crossover.Its the ability to stay consistently above (not below) the zero line that determines if that stock is in a bullish mood.Anything bad can further happen if it remains below zero and you remain forever cautious until bullish confirmation is made.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Alexefex(m): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2008
Please i need some help. I am a newbie to the Stock Marketing world, i read through most of the posts and i believe there are very serious people here. I would like to know if anyone could please help me with a detailed info on the do's and dont's of stock marketing. What are the basics one need to know before stepping into it.
CHEERS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2008
FatherOF2:

Beginner i can't help but observe that you're a very rich guy with a deceptive name "BEGINNER".

Oceanic has not made the crossover yet, but DSR is about to right now. If it crosses, HI=LOW=SAME. See how BOC quietly creeped up,with HI not equal to Low until when Bullish crossover was made today.But not for long though. Diamond is right on course for a crossover.Its the ability to stay consistently above (not below) the zero line that determines if that stock is in a bullish mood.Anything bad can further happen if it remains below zero and you remain forever cautious until bullish confirmation is made.

Father of 2
I am a beginner, and I salute my elders in the NSE. Thank you, no matter where the NSE turns I am there waiting. That is the lesson I have learnt and I am enjoying it. So long as I discern coys like AFROIL, I dey kampe.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2008
@Father of 2.
I expect a serious rally in prices after those fantastic results of yesterday,But meanwhile when will i exit these oceanic? bought at 23.19.Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2008
FatherOF2:

Fatherof2, thanks for this explanation. This is what I was looking for. I also noted Oceanic had not reached zero. Is that responsible for the minimal increase today?

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2008
husu:

@Father of 2.
I expect a serious rally in prices after those fantastic results of yesterday,But meanwhile when will i exit these oceanic? bought at 23.19.Thanks

Once you're in anything at 9 months, just carry on till FYE. I still have my zenith since 9 months.Though down but i'm still holding.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2008
debenzd:

Fatherof2, thanks for this explanation. This is what I was looking for. I also noted Oceanic had not reached zero. Is that responsible for the minimal increase today?

Thanks

Yeah it hasn't. Anything BAD can happen below zero . Crossing zero is usually a better sign that our head is getting above water.

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.