Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821590 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:42am On Jul 29, 2008
I heard first aluminum is on technical suspension for their Public offer. And the stock might be bearish for the short term. The current price on the market is 5 naira and the po price is 2naira. Gurus do you think the price would fall below that 2naira after the offer? If yes, then its better i buy after the offer. Am i right ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
adewaleafolabi:

I heard first aluminum is on technical suspension for their Public offer. And the stock might be bearish for the short term. The current price on the market is 5 naira and the po price is 2naira. Gurus do you think the price would fall below that 2naira after the offer? If yes, then its better i buy after the offer. Am i right ?

You're right of course.Wait to buy on the Floor.If PP's are going for a dime a dozen on the floor now.Better to wait. They actually plan to use a lot of the money to reduce (NOT CLEAR OFF) their debts. So less interests payments in some time to come.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2008
husu:

@ father of 2,
Longest time!!, floor mills messed up big time,#1 dividend for formerly #100 stock.Oceanic and Skye representing,gain max today,But the trouble is how far will they go?

CICO don full grand oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2008
Yippe i don become guru too grin
seriously speaking its as if Uba has started gaining some momentum and my Japaul oil is just looking like head of goat. But i still believe that the dry bones MUST rise again. IAINSURE- what's their story ? Its tempting to get in but i feel that stock has some issues. what do you think of it ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by folusho90: 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
Have you got access to intercontinental or skye bank checks with FAT accounts?
I have 'connections' within those banks who can do magic. EFCC-proof. All we need is a copy of an issued check

Call me on 07034417145 for details
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Father of two,
So far so good.Skye bank still full of energy,let's see how far it will go
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
husu:

@Father of two,
So far so good.Skye bank still full of energy,let's see how far it will go

O men this is the REAL DEAL oh, money is flowing into the market well and month never end.Wetin go happen when salary enter next week?.
Flour Mill don add 8.5% so far, more juice go still dey.
CICO  CICO every where, wetin i go do nah, where the money when you need this tin eh.
DSR na laser beam i take dey wash you oh.Make e wait for me before e do crossover by August ending.
UAC-prop and Unilever still being the good boys they are.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2008
@father of 2,
Oceanic is giving up,why? skye about to loose steam.e be like say unilever still get plenty bulls,UAC just started moving.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Blenheim(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2008
Any news of when Sterling bank reconstruction will be over?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2008
@ All

Does anyone know a quick link where I can get the daily stock positions on the NSE,I mean the one that indicates upward price movements in green,downward in red and non-movers in blue just like it used to be in the old NSE link before they started asking for link activation that doesn't work.

PS;The TRW link is not bad but I need something more detailed as above
Thx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebus404: 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2008
i am ebuka ibe form enugu pls how can i be geting a Stock Market alert email chiboyibe2007@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2008
ebus404:

i am ebuka ibe form enugu please how can i be geting a Stock Market alert email chiboyibe2007@yahoo.com
thanks
ebuka register with proshare at www.proshareng.com, also register with fsdh,check prices at http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/nsetoday.aspx . even nigeriansecurities.com There are many of them so numerous to mention.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by penwizard(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2008
Talking of smart stock market tips, here's one golden rule I work by: a company that exercises some degree of monopoly in it's environment or industry is a good investment prospect. For instance, I am certain of Starcomms as a good investment option. I got some good tips on starcomms stock. check link (www.myjournalnigeria..com).

And this same rule makes me know that Access bank is a good stock to watch out for.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
penwizard:

Talking of smart stock market tips, here's one golden rule I work by: a company that exercises some degree of monopoly in it's environment or industry is a good investment prospect. For instance, I am certain of Starcomms as a good investment option. I got some good tips on starcomms stock. check link (www.myjournalnigeria(dot)(dot)com).

And this same rule makes me know that Access bank is a good stock to watch out for.
@penwizad,
How do you mean by access exercising monopoly?,Please explain
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2008
Not bad for a friday, as we don enter August, money don enter my hand as with many others.
More fuel for recovery next week.
Many more CICO's to strike next week.Need to run away from Unilever on Monday b4 i'm caught. I'm staying PUT in UAC-prop.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
FatherOF2:

Not bad for a friday, as we don enter August, money don enter my hand as with many others.
More fuel for recovery next week.
Many more CICO's to strike next week.Need to run away from Unilever on Monday before i'm caught. I'm staying PUT in UAC-prop.

Fatherof2, it is good to have you back.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by penwizard(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2008
Yeah Husu,
I do believe that access bank has some unique niches and respect that makes it an attraction for investors. For instance, Access bank won a 2008 Thisday Newspapers award for ' brand of the year'. It is also reckoned as the most prefered Nigerian bank international trade in Nigeria by a number of international bodies.

I read in the a profile on the company that it is the first Nigerian bank to develop an online shipping document tracker, the first to develop an online car lease, and I know that they have a very unique women's entrepreneurial programme.

My thinking is this: A bank that comes up with many firsts, has strong international and online presence is very attractive. And although it is not always the case, 'First' signifies a certain amount of mastery and monopoly in those areas where it leads. I think it is a respected bank. And in the world of business, respect breeds trust. And if people trust you, they will give you their money
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2008
@ father of 2
where would i get financial ratio of each sector on NSE? Eg p.e ratio of banking sector, price/sale ratio etc? Thanks
How do u c am gona exit oceanic on monday, i feel it gona shed due to influence of profit takers. And my entry waz 22.5. I dont want to be burnt inside again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by askme1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2008
hello, seun,
i think am beginning to have interest on this stock of a thing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2008
debenzd:

Fatherof2, it is good to have you back.

How is you madam ?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:40pm On Aug 02, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

@ father of 2
where would i get financial ratio of each sector on NSE? Eg p.e ratio of banking sector, price/sale ratio etc? Thanks
How do u c am gona exit oceanic on monday, i feel it gona shed due to influence of profit takers. And my entry waz 22.5. I don't want to be burnt inside again.

Not very clear for me, do you mean ratios for individual companies per sector or just sector average ratios?.
On oceanic at the price you bought, there is really no point incuring an unnecessary loss.Nothing has been gained so far at N23 and you'll actually make the
management loss if you sell.It will definately even get to N19 on this next descent, but i think we are coming to the end of the road,just buy more wen it gets to N19, the next ascent should help it or come close to make a ZERO crossover on the MACD, then we could breathe a sigh of relief. Anything still below zero can still deliver bad surprises. Only good ,sharp CICO masters can ride the wave.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2008
@father of2
i want to use price to sale ratio to determine if the coy is overvalued. First i will divide market capitalisation by the company revenue. Then to evaluate my work i ve to get price/sale ratio of the sector where the coy belongs to. I hope u get what i want.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

How is you madam ?.

I dey o!. My 2month old son no let me see road.

Thanks as usual for all your pointers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2008
Fatherof2,

I bought Zenith @ an average of 40.8. I really hope they will perform.

Their result is suprisingly due. I am sure the market has affected them. They never miss releasing results on the last day in July.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2008
FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC AUDITED YEAR-END RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 31 MARCH 2008

TURNOVER

PROFIT BEFORE TAX

TAXATION

PROFIT AFTER TAX

PROPOSED DIVIDEND
N1.20

PROPOSED BONUS
1 FOR 4

CLOSURE DATE
8TH AUGUST, 2008

PAYMENT DATE
29TH AUGUST, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2008
debenzd:

I dey o!. My 2month old son no let me see road.

Thanks as usual for all your pointers.

Wish tine you take bon con still dey do stock market wahala?.

You suppose get sontin for zenith sha at that price.They know how to deliver.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

@father of2
i want to use price to sale ratio to determine if the coy is overvalued. First i will divide market capitalisation by the company revenue. Then to evaluate my work i ve to get price/sale ratio of the sector where the coy belongs to. I hope u get what i want.

Sorry i don't have this. You don become value investor.

What about our Rolls Royce Phantom?. E don land?.
I know " ENJOYMENT DELAYED IS NOT ENJOYMENT DENIED".
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2008
father of 2, ibeg you if u read this , join us at newnaija.com. i don miss u die ooooo. pls come and lets killo this nse lull.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:44am On Aug 04, 2008
@father of2
ke value investor. No time cico is nt permitted all time are equal depends on your determinations. I bought diamond last fifteen dayz at 13 and exit at 15. And now i don park de wait for bus.
My Roll Royce don reach ground. Na presco do the job.
Is good one to have different type of policy i alwayz buy a at coy which even things fall at part i can hold it for long period. That one no headache.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by teetee2(f): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2008
Is it advisable to invest on stocks now just for short period becos I'm scared of this price falling?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2008
Why the massive selling again?,these brokers follow dey spoil this market oo!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2008
FatherOF2:

I know " ENJOYMENT DELAYED IS NOT ENJOYMENT DENIED".

Fatherof2, my ribs are about to crack from laughing.

That is exactly how I feel. Soludo and im people just pour sand for my garri. But I have learnt a lot though. My itchy fingers and need to buy every week has been curbed. I no mind to buy only once a month as long as na fundamental coy and good price.

Even my son came in the midst of the bear season to help bring back the bulls. Alas, no luck.

I am glad though that Diamond has released their results. Hopefully, one can come out even if it at break even price but I may await 1st qtr results.

What do you think of FCMB? The MACD is looking good. I get some for there too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.