Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,984 members, 7,873,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821594 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
debenzd:

Fatherof2, my ribs are about to crack from laughing.

That is exactly how I feel. Soludo and im people just pour sand for my garri. But I have learnt a lot though. My itchy fingers and need to buy every week has been curbed. I no mind to buy only once a month as long as na fundamental coy and good price.

Even my son came in the midst of the bear season to help bring back the bulls. Alas, no luck.

I am glad though that Diamond has released their results. Hopefully, one can come out even if it at break even price but I may await 1st qtr results.

What do you think of FCMB? The MACD is looking good. I get some for there too.

My sister I don tire for dis market. Even Diamond's result scares me. I hope it is enough to move the market for me to bail out. Bought at 14.5 which when I think of how low it got scares me a bit. I have been waiting for First bank to get to 45 no show. I am now too scared to pitch my tent in PHB which has been my plan all along. Na wa o. Father of 2 which way forward? I don't have time for all these dividends and bonus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 9:07am On Aug 05, 2008
@ All

Does anyone know a quick link where I can get the daily stock positions on the NSE,I mean the one that indicates upward price movements in green,downward in red and non-movers in blue just like it used to be in the old NSE link before they started asking for link activation that doesn't work.

PS;The TRW link is not bad but I need something more detailed as above
Thx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2008
shigidi:

father of 2, ibeg please come and lets killo this nse lull.

grin grin grin grin grin
you no serious o shigi baba
so fof2 na lull killa now abi
Anyway as you don show face I wan take position for FBN 1 for 4 and some system ready cross deals,so make I come collect facility of N40million from ur hand,as my bank dey ask for 26% interest rate,I know say you go giv me for 19%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 10:13am On Aug 05, 2008
rasputinn:

@ All

Does anyone know a quick link where I can get the daily stock positions on the NSE,I mean the one that indicates upward price movements in green,downward in red and non-movers in blue just like it used to be in the old NSE link before they started asking for link activation that doesn't work.

PS;The TRW link is not bad but I need something more detailed as above
Thx

And the format at Nigerian securities won't do right?
http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/dailyposition.php
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
shigidi:

father of 2, ibeg you if u read this , join us at newnaija.com. i don miss u die ooooo. please come and lets killo this nse lull.

O men shigidi this NSE no dey gree hear word oh.
If you see my "JOTTER", i don already set out plan for this week and next, but e just be like today be wan come spoil show.
I only ThankGOD na today i manage run leave Unilever,na since yesterday i don dey wait for my trade alert.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2008
beginner:

My sister I don tire for this market. Even Diamond's result scares me. I hope it is enough to move the market for me to bail out. Bought at 14.5 which when I think of how low it got scares me a bit. I have been waiting for First bank to get to 45 no show. I am now too scared to pitch my tent in PHB which has been my plan all along. Na wa o. Father of 2 which way forward? I don't have time for all these dividends and bonus.

Part of my JOTTER plan was to hit Diamond on friday oh, if it continues to fall, e suppose send out buy signal by that day, i think diamond will have room
for 20% profit next week, if you can get at low price on friday.People still love bonus and will still respond to the results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2008
debenzd:

Fatherof2, my ribs are about to crack from laughing.

That is exactly how I feel. Soludo and im people just pour sand for my garri. But I have learnt a lot though. My itchy fingers and need to buy every week has been curbed. I no mind to buy only once a month as long as na fundamental coy and good price.

Even my son came in the midst of the bear season to help bring back the bulls. Alas, no luck.

I am glad though that Diamond has released their results. Hopefully, one can come out even if it at break even price but I may await 1st qtr results.

What do you think of FCMB? The MACD is looking good. I get some for there too.

I have some there too, but i don't feel comfortable getting any more as it is now now sha.You need to wait for the trigger.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2008
@fatherof two,
love to see your posts,hope ure enjoying your loot from UACN and Unilever
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
husu:

@fatherof two,
love to see your posts,hope ure enjoying your loot from UACN and Unilever

Na UAC-prop i still dey oh not UACN. Na on tuesday broker manage help me run from Unilever. Fear catch me on Monday wen i no get trade alert.
I be think say the base station near me don spoil.

But this market be like CRAY FISH market. Madam how much for this small one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ Iwerebor

Thnx,but that's the link I've always had but NSE sent me a mail to activate it and the activation link won't work
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
FatherOF2:

I be think say the base station near me don spoil.

But this market be like CRAY FISH market. Madam how much for this small one.

Fatherof2 you no go kill person with laughther for this bearish season.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:44am On Aug 08, 2008
Ha ha ha ha
soon i go begin selling fish. U knw this market need determinatns. In this bearish season still there alot of oppourtuties if u care. Peaple are panic to sale and repositn thats worth. Research shows u r better off in the market than tryn ENTRY and EXIT on when the market may return. The lesson is better u stay in the market than tryn to time when it will turn.

ff2 this week na 7up i loaded my trailer with. Very nice one at 48.01k
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2008
Really no big deal about the bearish market any longer
With access to liquidity I know a lot of peeps will apply the hurry up and wait law
i.e hurry up and load up on some stocks;THEN WAIT for whenever for ROI
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by atilla(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
Wapic has been flying for the past week or so. It was around 6.20 early last week now its 8.63 a the end of trading today.

I wonder what is driving the price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Flowers: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Atilla,

Abeg let it fly I bought it for 11.55 ohhh!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

Ha ha ha ha
soon i go begin selling fish. You knw this market need determinatns. In this bearish season still there alot of oppourtuties if u care. Peaple are panic to sale and repositn thats worth. Research shows you're better off in the market than tryn ENTRY and EXIT on when the market may return. The lesson is better u stay in the market than tryn to time when it will turn.

ff2 this week na 7up i loaded my trailer with. Very nice one at 48.01k

I LOVE THIS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
@FATHER OF 2,
Do you have any news about spring bank? sold almost 2billion units today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
husu:

@FATHER OF 2,
Do you have any news about spring bank? sold almost 2billion units today.

No oh, nothing, never looked at them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2008
I was reading through the bankers forum and read something about unity bank aiming to be one of the biggest banks in the next 5years. This was the same vision the owner of standard trust bank had which led it to buying over Uba. Well it might be worth buying their stock before it starts going kaboom. What do you think ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2008
@fatherof 2,
DSR about to cross to the other side,hope it did not cross b/4 you? considering the fanatastic result and the dividend yield in 6months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alliednetw(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2008
WANTED:SPRING BANK SHARES FOR IMMEDIATE BUY

A client of mine is in need of SPINGBANK shares for immediate purchase.
If you have to sale,kindly contact me.As many as 2million shares is needed.
alliednetw at yahoo.com 07025023818
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chaj(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2008
Is there anything like "UNAUDITED FOURTH QUARTER RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30 JUNE 2008"?
See http://proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=4740

Zenith had better declare the goodies and stop monkeying around!

Their PAT was wonderful though 2008: 41billion ; 2007: 18billiion
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2008
chaj:

Is there anything like "UNAUDITED FOURTH QUARTER RESULT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30 JUNE 2008"?
SeeĀ  http://proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=4740

Zenith had better declare the goodies and stop monkeying around!

Their PAT was wonderful though 2008: 41billion ; 2007: 18billiion

@Chaj,
Early next year will be wonderfull,But till then.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chaj(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
Yeah. But before then, let's share what we've raked in as at 3o June 2008 wink

Would it be too much to expect a dividend of N1.50 and scrip of say, 1 for 4?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
@father of 2,
Wetin happen now,Forget the bears,just show up.Meanwhile at this point,Oceanic@19,skye@13,DSR@25, should i strike with my last cash Blood.Still thinking sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2008
what is good about zenith with pe of 16x in the current nse?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2008
husu:

@father of 2,
Wetin happen now,Forget the bears,just show up.Meanwhile at this point,Oceanic@19,skye@13,DSR@25, should i strike with my last cash Blood.Still thinking sha.

Forget Oh, bear no get mama, na pikin of sontin. My port is highly split, so i must always find money take go market.
I dey hammer Dangote sugar and Oceanic at low prices on Monday. I think skye needs to fall on monday well to be safe for Tuesday CICO entry.Not comfortable where it is now though. But as for DSR and Oceanic, I FIT SWEAR SAY CICO REVERSAL DEY SOMETIME NEXT WEEK for both. But na TOUCH AND GO OH.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2008
Na wa oh, Malaria don dey do wonders. Health sector is looking good now oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2008
FatherOF2:

fOF2 HOW U DEY?

I am thinking of d following for next weeK

- Glaxo, oceanic and dsr. I hope dem go perform
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2008
FatherOF2:

For where,bros make you no believe the temporary performance of one or two stocks in that sector,I've been in that sector for sometime now,which is long enough to know that it's just another flash in the pan
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:23am On Aug 19, 2008
debenzd:

fOF2 HOW You DEY?

I am thinking of d following for next weeK

- Glaxo, oceanic and dsr. I hope them go perform

I don wear swimming trunk take enter water. I think oceanic na water bank.(Ocean). Just for diving.Make shark no bite me sha oh.
You fit hold on today or tomorrow for Dsr, e no dey as cyclical as Oceanic, or you put small tin there.
Not comfortable with GSK as it is now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2008
FatherOF2:

I don wear swimming trunk take enter water. I think oceanic na water bank.(Ocean). Just for diving.Make shark no bite me sha oh.
You fit hold on today or tomorrow for Dsr, e no dey as cyclical as Oceanic, or you put small tin there.
Not comfortable with GSK as it is now.

Fatherof2, e be likesay u be "winch" I remember d last time u talked about oceanic, u predicted it will get to 19 before rising again. It has just started it's rise at 18.70 today.

I missed d train today becos I put price limit for wetin I wan sell yesterday. Can I get on it tomorrow? How long do u expect it to rise? The RSI looks good, d volume today was great and d MACD does not look so bad although d thing never near zero.

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.