Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,410 members, 7,881,503 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:39 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822805 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
market never close.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2008
husu:

market never close.

Market don close, but dem never release all the price yet. But i see some prices this morning. THE TIN GOOD. weh weh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
FatherOF2:

No problem, i fit borrow you small, but below na my interest rates.

0-N50,000, 35%
N50,000 - N500,000, 45%
N500,000 - N1,000,000, 50.5%
N1,000,000- N10,000,000, 65.5%
Above N10m, My power no reach this side.

All rates are non-negotiable

Signed, The Bank

Chei,this one na fish bone ooo

grin grin grin grin grin I dey laff because man no fit cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
Ahhhhh, eeeee, my leg dey pain me oh. See the fat Bull wen just mash my leg for market.

Allah i must make N1m profit by friday next week, hook or by crook.
There is no way this outstanding bids can be fulfilled in two weeks sef.
The demand i saw this morning far outstrips what finally went through today.
I think if you never fit buy, just wait make we chop finish in another two weeks.
LIVER GOOD OH.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JeopardE(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2008
Bear market bounce is in full effect.

Buy buy buy! Then you'll see volume decrease gradually as the facts start to catch up with hysteria. Most likely the wedge will form, and then at some point support will fail as people start to take their profits and exit the market.

Then the blood will really start flowing in the streets.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts. Because it won't last for long.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
Only 4.7million units of oceanic sold today out of 38million bid,chei!!!.people ne wan sell at all. 1 million skye sold!!Long live NSE.These bull go last oo!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JeopardE(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2008
@husu: I'm not even in Naija to see what's going on and my predictions are already coming to pass.

I'm telling you, sell into the rally while you can, before things start to turn ugly, like a slow moving train wreck.

This rally cannot be sustained by volume. There is an artificial supply squeeze. It will taper off and then the wedge will break.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ijengala: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2008
The bulls are running riot, the sun is shining brightly, the grass is suddenly green. All this becos govt has opened the doors to the bull-pen. Now all of us (star-gazers, chart readers, palm readers, bulshitters, etc) can come out of our hide-outs and flaunt our false braggado, CICO, GIGO,FIFO, yak yak yak

My one advice? Enter softly o. It is only a stupid man that trips over thesame stone twice,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
JeopardE:

I'm telling you, sell into the rally while you can

Sell what?I'm sure you're forgetting the fact that it's not everybody that bought just some few weeks ago.
Well like I said,I've adjusted my expected exit days for the equities that have dipped beyond 20%
I'll wait it out,I mean I've been in the NSE for almost ten years now and thogh we've not seen this kind of bear run across the board,I personally have experienced something similar some four years ago when I bought a particular penny stock only for it to lose over 70% of it's value in that year alone.Infact I had to wait for almost three years before I could sell by mid last year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
fatherof laugh wan kill me! see tears!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JeopardE(m): 5:35am On Aug 29, 2008
rasputin, I definitely understand your sentiment. Long term investors who bought before the big speculative rally started can stay long and wait for things to get back to normal. Unfortunately we have to wait longer now with these incredibly idiotic regulations setting price floors.

Here's where the problem is. The stocks are overvalued to begin with. When you set a price floor, you create a supply squeeze. Now everybody thinks that the market is saved and starts putting out buy orders. Prices run up. At some point the market reaches resistance. Now fundamentals are catching up with the market, and people start to realize that they are holding worthless paper. Then the panic begins. They want to sell, but nobody wants to buy at that price. Because of the price floor, volume drops precipitously. Then you have a bunch of investors stuck with overvalued paper that they can't unload, and their capital is tied up.

Worse still, the government claims to be opening up rules for companies to buy back stock. But it is not going to be worth it for companies to buy back their stock at overinflated market prices. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

All this is going to do is slow what was once a burgeoning, bustling market to a crawl. They have given the NSE a nasty poison pill. It's unfortunate.

This is a stupid decision by the regulators. They should have allowed the market to find its bottom and recover, just like every other free market in the world has done.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:43am On Aug 29, 2008
E GO STILL HAPPEN TODAY OH.

If e still dey pain you say you never buy, make you just wait, we go soon reach your former former former buy price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2008
No shakings,one of my petroleum stocks has come within striking distance,I'll wait a bit for more appreciation,while the other is gradually coming within firing range.

So last last,if bank,brewery,conglomerate or chemicals and paints no wan make I chop from the NSE rigging price flooring,man pikin go still get something for petroleum as I been load up small for that side as prices drop last month wink wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2008
grin grin grin grin
Kai,I no fit laff,Fof2 I can feel ur excitement for my lappie
Infact the way e deydo you na,e be like say d bears biin don wounjure ya spreadsheet bad
Thank God for 1% down and 5% up,at least b4 the thing go pafuka,man pikin go still make some nchornchor tachere
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2008
@ JeopardE

I perfectly understand your postulations.But you must remember one thing ,i.e the fact that this is the NSE,where a lot of fundamentaless stocks abound and not just that they abound,they are indeed the ones that make the most money for investors,plus a lot of other things

I don't know what it is with Nigeria that makes us non-conformists to world best practices,whether in politics,governance etc,so instead of complaining,I'D just try and see how best I can profit from the regulatory policy somersaults of the FGN,SEC and NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hi JeopardyE,
I don't think it's very nice to tell someone who's just got well that he could be sick again. It's a fact that it can happen but just not nice.
Rules are made for man and not the other way round, so please relax smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2008
please guys let understand the fundamental truth Oga joepardy is trying to pass across.

We all know that this is artificial bull, so lets thread same.  Personally, where is the bull when l have oceanic l bought at N28??  For me l am still in bear, this is just an opportunity for me to see if l can get to my buy price and exit.  What happened after the first intervention abi na manipulation?  So there is every evidence that things will get worst if the rule is reversed.  l did follow follow and bought another batch of oceanic at N22.30 during the first manipulation, where is oceanic today? 

l respect FO2 opinions and excitement.  but, l don't have the kind of connection he has with his broker.  its possible for him to get in and get out easily,  lf ll follow him with this excitement, l may not be able to get out when desired.

please amatures like me should beware of this aritifical Bull.   For me IT IS FOR THE BIG BOYS. 

O N E   L O V E !!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shadoghale(m): 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
Fof2,
I have been a silent reader OoO, but thanks for all your magic infos. You mentioned Presco sometime ago I did not buy, but look back to how the stock move from N16.50 go N30 then.

Now you mention again , Lasaco, Linkage!! how far?

Please all, what is happening to IAA the thing just dey 0.74k since , even the bull run no touch am? reply all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2008
Afribank to pay dividends of 50k per share and a bonus of 1 for 3. pretty cool.

@shad

i think linkage is a good buy, but i about lasaco. . . . . hmmm, well let fadaof2 speak up
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
tufe:

Afribank to pay dividends of 50k per share and a bonus of 3 for 1. pretty cool.

@shad

i think linkage is a good buy, but i about lasaco. . . . . hmmm, well let fadaof2 speak up
Linkage is good no doubt but please look at the number of deals it has registered  in the past two days:
11 yesterday and 4  today.
Talk about hoarding!
I have bidded for Lasaco with no success even at the days max price.
In some cases, huge volumes are seen but with very low number of deals. For example:
Wapco today traded 10,215,493 units in just 14 deals. I think the big ones are getting preference these days.Perhaps this is the share buy back playing out. Interesting times.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by man2007(m): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
Can any one in the house tell me the cause of fall in the stock market within these days which never before have been experienced.    Who knows how long will this last?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Anambra99: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
I don't know what it is with Nigeria that makes us non-conformists to world best practices,whether in politics,governance etc,so instead of complaining,I'D just try and see how best I can profit from the regulatory policy summersaults of the FGN,SEC and NSE
Please explain what is happenning to me? Are you saying that FGN SEC and NSE are manipulating things so that a few hyenas and lions can feast on the bears and bulls?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
Anambra_99:

Please explain what is happenning to me? Are you saying that FGN SEC and NSE are manipulating things so that a few hyenas and lions can feast on the bears and bulls?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
why u come close mouth na cheesy come explain give the guy oh. me sef wan hear ur explanation
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2008
Abeg o is there any logical reason why iainsure no shake body? Still on the same spot, gurus please shine more light o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
rasputinn:

grin grin grin grin
Kai,I no fit laff,Fof2 I can feel your excitement for my lappie
Infact the way e deydo you na,e be like say d bears biin don wounjure ya spreadsheet bad
Thank God for 1% down and 5% up,at least before the thing go pafuka,man pikin go still make some nchornchor tachere

E get who bear no slap for face.
Actually the reason i'm excited is that na me first CAMEL pass through NEEDLE EYE.
At a time wen money dey hard many, i ran into some and despite objection from my wife, i still get LIVER put am last week and see
the better tin wen come happen this week.Now if i tell my wife " HONEY SIT DOWN THERE", she dey gree quick quick because she trust say reason dey wen i say make e sit down.
If all goes according to plan, na killing i wan run with from my Oceanic, Skye and DSR.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2008
fATHEROF2,

100k RULE GO SPOIL BUSINESS FOR SOME STOCKS O!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2008
debenzd:

fATHEROF2,

100k RULE GO SPOIL BUSINESS FOR SOME STOCKS O!

100k no dey worry bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2008
FatherOF2:

At a time when money dey hard many, i ran into some

Gbam
That's the koko because so many peeps too for gather liver buy but for liquidity freeze then
FatherOF2:

, despite objection from my wife, i still get LIVER put am last week , Now if i tell my wife " HONEY SIT DOWN THERE", she dey gree quick quick because she trust say reason dey when i say make e sit down.

grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg ooo,my ribs dey pain me I no fit laff
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chaj(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2008
@adewaleafolabi,

Kindly enlighten us on how this "OTC market" thing works. It will be a good thing to break those brokers's monopoly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eastern(m): 2:18am On Aug 31, 2008
Have u guys ever tot about diversifying ur portfolios on other better investment vehicles such as the international stock?

cos i too don tire to dey hear too much story on this our local market that returns little in a long period of time, if we don't know, the current trend now na d global stocks trading stuff, make una wen get time do some research to see if there's a way to actually benefit from the global exchanges.

i know say some of us go say: ino dey possible to buy stock listed in other countries from naija, but ino good to just conclude like that without doing a proper research.

iget places where piple dey discuss heavily on global stocks for dis our country, one of dem na d Pect Investment community: www.pectonline.com/forum ,na there i see say we wen dey here still dey backward sorry to say, check it out and come back here to share ur view so that we know if we dey behind or not.

, happy investing!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2008
heard of them, but at the moment, they arent opening accounts for anyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.