Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,513 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:58 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822810 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eastern(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2008
@ tufe,

Yes my bro they no longer accept new members for some clarified reasons but they can still take you in if you go thru the right link, if you know what i mean, trust me on this!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2008
@chaj
OTC means Over The Counter. It simply means you can buy shares directly without need for a broker. Some markets operate like this. So on more broker headaches.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:26pm On Sep 01, 2008
This is the very market.
Still performing, but i'm beginning to think how this 1% could affect the profitability of CICO. 25% up in one week and 5% down following week won't give room for profit even at 2% charges. I need to study the behaviour of stocks with 1% falls, lets know how long it takes to become oversold.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Iwerebor(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2008
The 100k rule seems to have been sidelined TODAY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
@fatherof2,
Why unilever and uacn dey struggle in thIs bullish market now??.Thought they should be in the same form with oceanic Skye,UBA,GTB and DSR.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
Is IAINSURE on technical suspension ? or is there any reason for it not to change for the past few days ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JeopardE(m): 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
Almost 8% appreciation in one week.

Chei. This is going to get ugly. When the crap hits the fan and all of a sudden everyone wants to sell but nobody wants to buy, don't say you didn't know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
husu:

@fatherof2,
Why unilever and uacn dey struggle in thIs bullish market now??.Thought they should be in the same form with oceanic Skye,UBA,GTB and DSR.

E be like na those ones you buy. But unilever is still pulling weight. That's a good stock to keep oh.Same with UACN.

But right now my Oceanic, DSR and SKYE are defying gravity. I'll pull out by last trading day of this week.
Make i take another man money run comot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shadoghale(m): 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
Please my people Help!!!!!!!

Is IAINSURE on technical suspension ? or is there any reason for it not to change for the past few days ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ FATHEROF2

E be like na those ones you buy. But unilever is still pulling weight. That's a good stock to keep oh.Same with UACN.

But right now my Oceanic, DSR and SKYE are defying gravity. I'll pull out by last trading day of this week.

BABA,

HOW THE FAMILY AND WORK.

TRY BAIL OUT BY WEDNESDAY/THURDAY OH. FRIDAY FIT LATE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2008
FatherOf2
Please whats wrong with IAINSURE ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
ololufemi:

@ FATHEROF2

BABA,

HOW THE FAMILY AND WORK.

Family dey my brother,
if weather change before then, we go re-adapt were rain coat.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2008
adewaleafolabi:

FatherOf2
Please whats wrong with IAINSURE ?

Really don't have any tracking info on that stock.Haven't been looking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by st1(m): 10:06am On Sep 03, 2008
Hi Shadoghale.
I know you well well like 5 naira. But just relax IAINSURE will soon perform, just be patient my brother. Big-up men.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

@father of2,
that oceanic na #30.00 stock oo!!. no just rush out like that and rush in later @ #35.00. likewise DSR,cause this 1% downward stuff go affect cicoers like you badly.meanwhile Oceanic year end has been changed to december,which made it more interesting.Just my thoughts. undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2008
ololufemi:

@ FATHEROF2

BABA,

HOW THE FAMILY AND WORK.

But on another note, the 1% down change doesn't seem to make CICO encouraging now. We need to see how quickly it affects them into oversold.
I believe they'll all move even higher after falling 5%. We just have to wait to see how the 1% down affects the technicals.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2008
husu:

@father of2,
that oceanic na #30.00 stock oo!!. no just rush out like that and rush in later @ #35.00. cause this 1% downward stuff go affect cicoers like you badly.meanwhile their year end has been changed to december,which made it more interesting.Just my thoughts. undecided

I know you're very right. I stayed up late trying to study behaviour of those who have fallen. Its very interesting.
In no time, these prices will be much higher. Not until they remove that 1% thing, CICO will be hard and unprofitable.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2008
@all

has anyone received either of these share certificates from their last offer

skye bank
bagco and
First in land bank/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2008
@eastern

hmmmmn . . . . . .and what is that right link u are talking about. hook a broda up
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eastern(m): 12:16am On Sep 04, 2008
@ Tufe,

hahaha, If only you know who dey talk with you, you no go dey  ask of hook ups, anyway If must know, the only way to come in now is by filling their offline application form and then deposit the minimum amount required to startup trading into the company's account, All pay required to startup trading are as follows: (A one time N16,000 membership fee,minimum startup capital of $250, 1% of your startup capital plus N2000, all amounts to about N48,300).

Submit all payment tellers and your already filled application form to their office at No.55 Opebi Road Ikeja, Lagos or better still scan your already filled application form including all the payment tellers and send to pctsupports@gmail.com

and then follow them up via phone calls and email, it takes 2 to 7 biz days for your account to be ready for trading.

[move]REASONS FOR ONLINE ACCOUNT CREATION SUSPENSION[/move]

The PectOnline Community decided to suspend their online account creation because they have reached the required number of clients they feel they can handle, and so they decided to allow corporate bodies to come in in form of partnership to help in handling the everly ready Nigerian crowd. But because some of the partners that has indicated interest for the deal are kind of slow on their part, The Pect Community has decided again to temporarily allow clients in but by filling the offline forms to avoid too much rush.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Myself2(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2008
My people,I greet you all
I am here on behalf of my boss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2008
@eastern

u are scaring me oh, who be this na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

anyway, i'll find out from Mathew about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
This 1% looks dangerous.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
FatherOF2:

This 1% looks dangerous.

I beg wetin dangerous about am? These are interesting times in NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2008
debenzd:

I beg wetin dangerous about am? These are interesting times in NSE.

Make oceanic fall on Monday, then we go subtract am from wetin happen today, na den i go know whether to panic.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nenysmart: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
hello nairalanders.
My name is Joy n I work with a stockbroking firm.Anyone interested in opening a cscs acct either with certificates or cash shud call this no, 08057360641.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2008
the market remains unpredictable at least for now.  hope peeps were not caught with excitement of last week.  onces bitten twice shy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
Some mathematics is not adding up with this 1%. Next week will be interesting. Its not looking good on my pc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by live4love: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2008
FO2,
pls I am confused. Pls expantiate, at least more info,
You are trying sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by live4love: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2008
nenysmart,
I called your number but its not going. Pls give us a new number.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JeopardE(m): 7:40am On Sep 07, 2008
Bear market rally bounce meets resistance, and is rejected.

Here we go, now the market is starting to fill up with dead weight. More and more sellers but no buyers. Now we get to see this market die a long, slow and PAINFUL death. There will be no relief for a long time, unless the retarded price floor is removed.

I told you people this 1% thing was a very STUPID idea. These regulators are morons. If you are still holding on to your stocks, you are on your own. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 8:32am On Sep 07, 2008
JeopardE:

. If you are still holding on to your stocks, you are on your own. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Now you're beginning to sound like a prophet of doom.
So what happened to all your earlier pre-price floor postulations that the market should be left alone to slide to an ASI of around 29% that you believed from there it will find a support level and begin a recovery or something like that

Why do you want to encourage panic selling?Well I guess you're talking to the short-termers as I still believe that the price capping is temporary (only that I did not benefit from the contraption,unlike Fof2) and as soon as it's removed and economically invigorating govt/regulatory policies are implemented then the market will with time,truly find a support level that'll guaranty steady and sustained recovery.This of course will take some time so I'll wait it out,I only pray the regulators will wake up soon enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.