Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity (22301 Views)

FG Can No Longer Fund Capital Projects Provided For In 2017 Budget / Dickson: Jonathan’s Presidency Was A Waste For Ijaws / Shell To Fund Niger Delta Cleanup With $1 Billion - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Esso95(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
where will the money come to drill oil after they have bombed everything?
If only you understood the power of oil in the international market.
Clue: you think the boys buy the few arms they operate with?
There's certainly an exchange.
Mineral resources are powerful means of exchange.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Enrichlee(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2016
sparrowkid:
So Amosun of Ogun State na baba with the highest number of tertiary institutions in the country. A whole oil producing state with 13% derivation cannot manage a single university. Na real wah o.
Is Amosun financing private institutions in his state Or Ogun has another state university apart from OOU. The revenue from the private institutions in d state is enough to finance the public institutions.
Back to the topic, Uncle Dickson, just sell it off on OLX!
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Encorecasmie(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2016
CyerSeries:
I'm a wailer but I must admit, this is the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced. angry angry angry ... This governor is a very shameless and hopeless idiot. Even my small Ebonyi State has been funding EBSU, Ebonyi State College of Education and School of Health Technology since 1999. What is he doing with the jumbo allocation he recieves every month, the IGR from oil companies, etc?... Nawa oo shocked Please nobody should quote me angry angry
you no read say na only N480million be state allocation? Wetin that kind money wan help am?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by otokx(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Izonpikin:
That's a very foolish governor up there...I am from that state and I can unequivocally call seriake dickson a failure and an olodo... angry

but you guys voted him na

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Esso95(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

The most senseless way to agitate is blow up pipelines. Nigeria can move away from oil dependence but the damage to the environment and the health of the people from pipeline explosions will last for decades.

And who is going to clean up the damage? Ogoni clean-up is paid for by the polluting JV. Who will pay for blown up pipelines? Certainly not a militant group.

I am from the Niger Delta
Sadly, that's the only sensible way the 'black' governments understand agitation. Rattle the government in ways that's force-mystifying and the government will stoop down for negotiation.
Btw: the democracy day speech from PMB that I read doesn't show a government willing in frenzy to diversify the economy. It painfully shows a government maintaning the status-quo.
Let's close an eye to the ugly fact that they're recalcitrant militants; some of their aversions are quite justifiable.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by 8BitGee(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2016
tbaba1234:

The most senseless way to agitate is blow up pipelines. Nigeria can move away from oil dependence but the damage to the environment and the health of the people from pipeline explosions will last for decades.

And who is going to clean up the damage? Ogoni clean-up is paid for by the polluting JV. Who will pay for blown up pipelines? Certainly not a militant group.

I am from the Niger Delta

For real? if you don't mind, where?

I have always thought you were one of us the gworo chewing, burukutu sipping, amala and ewedu eating cowardly almajiri parasites from North and South West grin

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Izonpikin: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2016
otokx:

but you guys voted him na
i didnt vote for the arrogant tyrant...never..i can never vote for a person like dickson...
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by BayLord01(m): 8:48am On Jun 10, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
We Igbos are the one that developed Ogun state
Is that not madness on Una part if that statement is true while Ipob states are under developed

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by phenase(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Abagworo:

Classic!
Worries End, That's a weird suggestion.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by maxti: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2016
He should jus resign.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by 8BitGee(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2016
I have heard people say divulge more power to the states. With what this man just said there's simply no justification for that. Rather, I think states should look towards IGR. The FG should also allow some of these states explore other resources rather than centralise it.

With the billions and billions allocated to this state every month, it should be a paradise on earth by now. These are the people the criminal militants should face.

Niger Deltans complain of marginalisation, ask, how many FG projects have been carried out in other regions? We are equally as "marginalised" as you, if not worse. We all have suffered from bad followership because leaders are born of followers.

8 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by computer0810(m): 8:55am On Jun 10, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
u develop every where even London sef.....gullible ibo pikin

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by tbaba1234: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2016
Esso95:

Sadly, that's the only sensible way the 'black' governments understand agitation. Rattle the government in ways that's force-mystifying and the government will stoop down for negotiation.
Btw: the democracy day speech from PMB that I read doesn't show a government willing in frenzy to diversify the economy. It painfully shows a government maintaning the status-quo.
Let's close an eye to the ugly fact that they're recalcitrant militants; some of their aversions are quite justifiable.

Buhari is the first government in decades to actually start the clean-up of the ND. That alone sets him apart from the rest. You might correctly criticise him on a lot of other issues but the Niger Delta should have no grouse with him especially as our brother did not make things better.

Diversifying an economy takes time, they need to broaden the tax base and set the legal and regulatory framework but it is very possible. And the government must be motivated to do it now.

Look at the programs of government so far released, ICT and agriculture are common themes.

If it takes 10 years for Nigeria to diversify fully from oil, the pollution from stupid pipeline vandalism will still be there. Ogoni clean-up is taking 25-30 years.

The complaints might be real but blowing up pipelines is plain rubbish.

16 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Duru009(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2016
U don use dre money do second term.
U are here talkin rubbish.....

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2016
mekanaky:
Ask bihari if Nigeria can exist without Niger Delta

It wasn't so long ago Nigeria existed without oil. My parents generation didn't have oil.

1. At DT time d SW was d richest region in d country. And guess who came to contest elections in Ibadan because of this fact so DT he can rule d rich region. Azikiwe d Biafran.

2. When this cldnt happen, they figured d best way was killing leaders and unifying all d regions resources so they could control it.

3. When d biafrans wanted to leave Nigeria, they cld have easily left but instead attacked d oil rich Midwestern region (DT was NEVER part of their region) and named an Igbo man as the midwest president in Benin city.

We are bk at d merrygoround again wt d manipulations and conniving. History ALWAYS repeats itself. People better wake up.

10 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2016
Esso95:

If only you understood the power of oil in the international market.
Clue: you think the boys buy the few arms they operate with?
There's certainly an exchange.
Mineral resources are powerful means of exchange.

Getting crude out of d ground is more costly, technical & dangerous than getting diamonds out of d ground. Who will come to an insecure place, wt hundreds of his staff, to drill for crude?

I'm happy wt this development though. Maybe it'll speed up d inevitable in this country.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by fireforfire: 9:06am On Jun 10, 2016
CyerSeries:
I'm a wailer but I must admit, this is the worst governor Nigeria has ever produced. angry angry angry ... This governor is a very shameless and hopeless idiot. Even my small Ebonyi State has been funding EBSU, Ebonyi State College of Education and School of Health Technology since 1999. What is he doing with the jumbo allocation he recieves every month, the IGR from oil companies, etc?... Nawa oo shocked Please nobody should quote me angry angry

Lol are u afraid of a counter attack?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by acorntree(m): 9:09am On Jun 10, 2016
sparrowkid:
So Amosun of Ogun State na baba with the highest number of tertiary institutions in the country. A whole oil producing state with 13% derivation cannot manage a single university. Na real wah o.

which Amosun is baba? All tertiary institutions in Ogun state pays staff salaries through IGR. Subventions to augment salaries of staff of higher institutions in Ogun have not been paid for so many months now. Taisce staff are being owned almost 11 months, OOU ,Tasued pay staff through IGR ,post utme,acceptance,sch fees etc.All ICt polytechnics are not cater for. So Amosun is only good in building bridges, nothing more.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by galadima77(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
So Niger state wit IGR of less than 500m and monthly allocations of less than 2billion, one university, and some other tertiary institutions should do what?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by CyerSeries: 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Encorecasmie:

you no read say na only N480million be state allocation? Wetin that kind money wan help am?
Why is he receiving N480 million as State allocation? Is it not because so much loan with nothing to show for it?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by femibig(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2016
VivianUdeogu:

Sorry Igbo man. Go develop your state. Abi Ogun people beg you?

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by funkydislo: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

See suggestion!! Bros, did u receive lessons from Hitler?

This your suggestion is what they call "The final solution"

All his worries will just end. Then to solve any future salary agitation, he should ask the avengers to blow up the state Secretariat. That way all workers go retire and stop disturbing govt for salary cheesy
Lolzzzzzzz.Seunshould be paying you guys.It is you guys that make nairaland rock.Can't stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by funkydislo: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2016
dustmalik:

cheesy grin grin damn, you guys are hilarious
How do you combined those comment together?Wish I could.Those guys are making this forum rocks.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by snowking: 9:47am On Jun 10, 2016
I am a 200L Engineering student of Niger Delta Universit but i will not blame the goverment but the school management, if you are a governor will you pay #480 million per month to a school that does not generate funds to the state? All the school fees paid by students are used by the management for what i don't know ,almost all the buildings in the school is sponsored by E.T.F (Educational Trust Fund) so what are they using the funds for?
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by misterjosh(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
haaa I thought it was only Lagos so Ogun too is part... Please when will you guys reach Osun... Real development is needed there asap

6 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Ishilove: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2016
dustmalik:

cheesy grin grin damn, you guys are hilarious
As in ehn grin cheesy
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Crieff(m): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2016
funkydislo:
How do you combined those comment together?Wish I could.Those guys are making this forum rocks.

Quote his comments and study how he tagged each comment.

CyerSeries:
Encorecasmie post=46437985:

Why is he receiving N480 million as State allocation? Is it not because so much loan with nothing to show for it?

You got it wrong. It's the state government that is giving"subvention" the 480m to the university monthly.
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by omolola15(m): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2016
VivianUdeogu:

And here we go again. Igbos built all those institutions? Or define develop for me so I'll know how Igbos developed Ogun. I thought it was lagos before. Now na ogun. No even near my ogun at all

2 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by omolola15(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2016
lionness:
The Niger Delta and IPOBians are just wonderful people. I urge you NEVER to stop bombing things up and keep sending your few investment down to the South West (Lagos, Ondo, Ogun to join very soon)....I know the oil companies wont relocate from Bayelsa to any neighbouring state habouring these Marvel Comic Avengers, especially their IPOBian lovers, they will rather come down to we the Amala people. God bless the Amala tribe...atleast, we have a functioning brain, we have a state that is aiming at generating 50 billion naira monthly, and another state called Ogun State that was formerly generating a paltry sum of 2billion monthly, which has no jumped to 17 billion, and hope to outdo Lagos in the next 6 years. Atleast, we the amale people are not behaving like these crazy deranged mad people who are setting their regions back by 1000 years, yet the same wailers wont stop blaming Yorubas for their backwardness and the death of their region. May Allah give you more ability to bomb the entire region cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BLOW BLOW BLOW AWAY! You have the Amala support grin grin grin

I fvcking love you for this comment. No strings attached grin grin make we dey chop our amala dey go.

4 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by Goke7: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2016
The way PDP governors de fall wailers' hand these days is mind boggling from Dickson, Fayose, Mimiko, chai and to think that the same Dickson call his people lazy bunch, na wa o.

Its only a matter of time before we will see an implosion within the Niger delta region as they will start avenging against themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by iberu001(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2016
i see, na u people dey develop every states including kano,sokoto,Ekiti,london,USA but cannot develop your own states,Shame on you.The developer of the world.So you people also like better things.......my foot. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
VivianUdeogu:
Re: Dickson: We Can No Longer Fund Niger Delta Varsity by carammel(f): 10:23am On Jun 10, 2016
Niger Delta Avengers,over to you please,just blow up the University already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Insists On Two-Month Free Electricity For Nigerians / Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos / Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.