Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,095 members, 7,967,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:11 AM

Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools (34996 Views)

‘Expel Students With Less Than 0.5 CGPA’ – Anthony Onwuka, Minister Of State / Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools / Drama In Osun School As Students Show Up In Choir Robes And Religious Garments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 15, 2016
In those days both Christian and Muslim girls wore BERET to schools. Osun why?

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Kondomatic(m): 7:41am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:
Still don't get the whole gist of this church robe thing o. Is it not a norm for muslim females to wear hijab? Why is it causing issues now? That's rebellion on the part of christians, I don't get what their cause is. Except I don't understand the whole issue sha. Nigeria is a joke right now.
You do understand that we are talking about public schools here right?

It is wrong to allow Muslims to wear hijab in public schools.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Earth2Metahuman: 7:47am On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbe has gone nut.
Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by greatdonmikell: 8:20am On Jun 15, 2016
youngaz:
D mentality of some pple in diz nation is highly questioning.....so because Muslims wear Hijab must christians do d same??.....dnt u pple see or watch dose countries abroad dat students are allowed 2 put on their Hijab wen comin 2 skul?? Canada,Turkey,many skuls in d UK,Cyprus,Puerto Rico,Belarus and all diz countries and many more their students in Universities wear hijab why can't d christians claim dey wanna do d same?? Mhenn economy hardship is nt d only problem of Nigeria
B.T.W beta dnt waste ur Megabyte by quoting me....save it 4 more important tins..........."quoters"

SO THEY HAVE SCHOOL UNIFORMS IN THOSE UNIVERSITIES ABROAD. huh?

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:
Still don't get the whole gist of this church robe thing o. Is it not a norm for muslim females to wear hijab? Why is it causing issues now? That's rebellion on the part of christians, I don't get what their cause is. Except I don't understand the whole issue sha. Nigeria is a joke right now.

A Muslim wearing a veil to a christian sch no cool.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by charlesu49(m): 8:39am On Jun 15, 2016
youngaz:
D mentality of some pple in diz nation is highly questioning.....so because Muslims wear Hijab must christians do d same??.....dnt u pple see or watch dose countries abroad dat students are allowed 2 put on their Hijab wen comin 2 skul?? Canada,Turkey,many skuls in d UK,Cyprus,Puerto Rico,Belarus and all diz countries and many more their students in Universities wear hijab why can't d christians claim dey wanna do d same?? Mhenn economy hardship is nt d only problem of Nigeria
B.T.W beta dnt waste ur Megabyte by quoting me....save it 4 more important tins..........."quoters"

This guy is an oaf, no one is talking about a university here. This is about primary n secondary schools with dress codes "school uniforms" the "uni" there stands for "one", its more like one-form, one-outfit, one-look, same-outfit. You can't favour one group over the other, u can't allow some break the rules and then hold others by those same rules. Don't you know there are christian denominations that favour covering the hair always too? If the school can't maintain the rule of the "uniform" they should scrap it and let everyone come in any dress, just dress decently.

10 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by ijanusi(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2016
You don't test the depth of a river with both feet,why is Gov complaning ? What about the muslim student

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by johntaiwo123(m): 9:17am On Jun 15, 2016
K
Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by ademoladeji(m): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:

You just typed my thought!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by demarc001: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2016
Giyerte:

Later on, Una go talk say Buhari no dey listen to court.

Court rules in favour of Ijab and CAN still dey take law unto dir hands...

I

Is there any court ruling against choir robe?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by kinibigdeal(m): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:

Nah! we should separate Education from religion. Hijab is an Arab culture and not a religious norm. I don't know where our Muslim brothers got their own Quran

10 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by luvinhubby(m): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:

Go back and trace the story from the genesis.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Goke7: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbesola is one of the governors de-marketing APC just like Fayose demarkets PDP.

There was no need for all this uproar in the first place, Osun state is not the only state especially in the sw where there are muslims, when the hijab issue came up in Lagos, we saw how it was handled but in osun its the other way round.

I just hope our supreme court will make a pronouncement on this matter once and for all in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by jide333(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2016
Soon they will ask female muslims in soldiers to wear hijab sh it on thier military uniform..

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by adonis110: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:

it's no crime to wear hijab, but to a missionary school? it's wrong, U are to adhere to the school's rule. The missionary schools don't want hijab in their school, so why wear it. Aregbesola is unfortunately a confused man.

13 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by able20(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2016
DoyenExchange:
One funny state!
DAT state is the center of Yoruba culture and history ,govern by an Agbero

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Exponental(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Though I don't support taking laws into ones hand but Osun state defines democracy as Government of the Rascal by the Rascals for the Rascals. He started it all himself when he was wearing school uniform.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by DEAFandDUMB(f): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Is hijad a cultural wears or religious wears? I asked because I know of some dedicated Muslim ladies who do not put on hijad either to school or to work...

Please an enlightened Muslim scholar in the house should educate me on this..

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by luvinhubby(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbesola is a foool.

Court said muslims can wear hijab, court never said christains cannot wear church robes, if he wants to go legal, let him go to court & stop christians from coming to school in church robes.

10 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by clavichord(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2016
Giyerte:
Aregbesola caused dis Shit. How will he mergerd Ansarudeen( a Muslim school with Hijab) with Baptist(a Christian school without hijab) together and expect peace.

Separate them and liv the school as it was before.

PERIOD.

You have sense. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Pavore9: 9:27am On Jun 15, 2016
This is a public school where apparel should not distinct students, what happened to wearing of berets?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by skywalker001(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2016
ogorwyne:
The problem is d gov himself, students hs bin goin 2 skul all dis years wit there normal skul uniforms and there's peace evrywie. But d confused gov started d issue himself by askin muslim students wearing hijab to skul wch is act of imposing islamic on christian skuls. How do you expect someone to be wearing hijab in christian (missionary skuls). If any muslim wish to wear hijab to skul she shud go to muslim skul... The gov ask for trouble and he's getting it big time

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Princepoint(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2016
gov u can be kind by giving them cloth
Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Maxymilliano(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2016
The Osun indiscretion should be nipped in the bud before a conflagration. Faith must take backstage in schools because it's supposed to be a personal conviction.

What is being witnessed is a systematic destrution of the future of the children and by extension, the State. Pray it doesnt't lead to a crisis the State won't be able to handle.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Pecca: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2016
I saw "St Michaels...and ... Baptist High..." these are Christain schools by name. you want to suppress the attire of the rightful owners while promoting that of the invaders. let them build more Muslim schools so they can even wear their wetin-call (the one that turn them to masquerades). it can only happen in Nigeria anyways. we de watch the zoo from beyond the fence.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by dammytosh: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2016
I posted this 3 years ago (Nov 2013)

When they start what they can not finish.... I support the sultana I am waiting for a masquerade self.

dammytosh:

And Celestial Church Members to wear Sutana White Garment

Deeper life to modify their uniform not to reveal anything. The way their sisters appear.

Anglican should add cape to the school uniform and look like choir.

Imgine AwoTunde in babalawo's costume on his way to Baptist secondary school because his religion forbids some attire.

Or some students refusing to wear sandals to school because Oshofa is their founding father in Faith.

if you can't accomodate all these diversities, then please and please no hijab . You don't av to be a christian or muslim , it is common sense.

We said it when he started his MERGER nonsense, he thought it is APC and PDP merger.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by obailala(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2016
Much ado about nothing... If some students want to wear choir robes, cassocks or even winter jackets, they should be allowed to do so. What is good for greece is also good for uganda. But then, when the tropical sun releases its fury during afternoon school hours, the issue will moderate and solve itself. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by OMAR12: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2016
Christian female students should tie head scarfs, that was how female Christians dress to church before these invasive new generation churches came with each church having their own set of rules. TIE A SCARF

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Segadem(m): 9:30am On Jun 15, 2016
youngaz:
I think your own mentality suppose to be questioned
Wearing hijab to Baptist church's school?

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by wadetaw202: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2016
frenchwine:
I would still repeat my earlier stance that it's embarrassing, the way the church leadership in Osun has comported itself in the face of the prevailing circumstances there. It smirks off as a woman who had been embarrassed by a guy she had boasted to be her own, only for him to publicly declare his love to another lady.
The church's reaction is more of bitching, it's uncalled for.
I am a devout Christian.

So, what should be their stance?

They should call for fasting and prayer, abi?

What Muslims recognise is death for death and violence for violence.

Muslims see your fasting and prayer without action as WEAKNESS.

they will ride on your weakness and send you packing from your own home if care is not taken.

If the christians don't react that way, they will bring more muslim- inclined laws that will affect other religions.

This one is just a tip of the iceberg. If left unchallenged, the bigger Islamic plans will be hatched and established.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Joelchris(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2016
holadguy:
So some set of people are above of court order?,and if muslims was the one disturbing the rule of law they will say they're terrorist.

All Muslims are not terrorist but all terrorist are Muslim. George Bush

Aregbe Made mistakes for bringing religion into secular politics

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Threatens To Expel Students ‘wearing Choir Robes’ To Schools by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2016
The hijab is use on a daily basis. Christian remembered there robe only on Sunday.
EmoBoy:
If you can wear a hijab, then I should wear a church robe. There's no difference between the two, they are both religious outfits. Your hijab is not more important than my church robe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of A Teacher With Life Jacket While The Pupils Are Left Unprotected / German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz Visits UNILAG MAD House (Photos) / The 500L Missing OAU Student Has Been Found (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.