Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,162 members, 7,890,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:57 AM

IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers (4779 Views)

Igbos In Lagos Pledge Allegiance To Gani Adams / Biafra: Another Policeman Meets Kanu, Pledges Allegiance - Pics / Re: I No Longer Represent Buhari - Dambazau Pledges Allegiance To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by fr3do(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

Well, I saw this coming. Within the entire ND region, the Ijaws are mostly know for their lust for destruction, thuggery and oil bunkering. They largely champion the cause of any agitation, not as a voice, but as various groups largely responsible for standing up for personal interests. This best explains why the Urhobos would always come out with a different voice, just as is on FP about the Avengers being treated as saboteurs. Rather than mention places, both in the SS and the SE, why not just list out the states that may fall under Biafra should you need to associate with those involved. While you may brand Urhoboland as a regional champion, IT is far more influential in politics than the SE. This is indeed where the bitterness comes from. And if you claim to tell me that True Federalism is the drive of Biafra, why was Kanu's message all about breaking away instead of the latter? Ojukwu's sole purpose for Biafra from the outset is not a secret to most of us.

who know Urhobo? the urhobos dont even have the state capital, so much for influence!
Abeg if there is to be a dicck measuring contest between tribes, it is to be with Anioma alone not the whole Igbo race.

this argument is so counter productive, you are interested in bad things happening to Igbos more than in good things happening to your tribe.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by fr3do(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

I was about saying no true born Urhobo will align with Biafra.

I don't know about true borns, but I know any politically sound Urhobo knows that Igbos have the same interests with their tribe with regard to True federalism and Resource control, and they can help in the actualization of these goals.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Sanchez01: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
fr3do:

I don't know about true borns, but I know any politically sound Urhobo knows that Igbos have the same interests with their tribe with regard to True federalism and Resource control, and they can help in the actualization of these goals.

I am presently in the East, Enugu precisely, and I have seen and heard people say they want Biafra because that is the only way 'they can control their destiny'. Truth is this, a part of the downfall of the ND is caused by people who started out as voices of Deltans, those you would call militants. A typical Biafran sees anyone who has a different mindset from his as his enemy, one which I consider fascinating. As much as we try to pretend to form a common cause and a sense of belonging. The Biafran dream is a dream of an Igbo man, for the Igbos, and by the Igbos. Truth be told, the concept of breaking away from Nigeria is never the ND dream. We are not as United as people assume the ND to be. But for a common cause, it is safe to say we would come together while the ever thirsty criminals in the region will try hard to sabotage the idea. The same applies to the Igbo people. My short stay here has really made me see that the superiority of the Igbo people does not only affect other groups and tribes but they themselves. I once witnessed a woman saying someone from Owerri is not her sister because she is from Enugu and Enugu people are in a class of their own. Another scenario is that of a keke driver being tagged 'left Abakaliki to Enugu to hustle'. If a people who consider each other different based on geographical location could make it known, then what befalls the Urhobo people when they choose to align with these same folks? Resources vary, just as there are mineral resources all over Nigeria. If every state comes out to protest, then it could work, but Urhobo/ND and Biafrans? Nah...
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Sanchez01: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
fr3do:

who know Urhobo? the urhobos dont even have the state capital, so much for influence!
Abeg if there is to be a dicck measuring contest between tribes, it is to be with Anioma alone not the whole Igbo race.

this argument is so counter productive, you are interested in bad things happening to Igbos more than in good things happening to your tribe.
We both know that the lightweight, of the three major tribes, in Nigerian politics today are the Igbos. Surprisingly, some minority groups are fast taking the reins of politics and all that is left from them. Primarily, the reason for this has been the selfish interest of some Igbo groups under the aegis of several names which tend to be branded as 'Ohaneze'. I wrote an article several years back and could put it up again, even on here. Just so you know, I have come to believe there are differences between IGBOS and BIAFRANS. I love the Igbos as a race but have tons of issues with Biafrans. Right now, they're considered 'a dangerous' group, both at home and abroad, and until that brand is lifted, then I may get to see them in different light.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by 09xtr99r: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

I am presently in the East, Enugu precisely, and I have seen and heard people say they want Biafra because that is the only way 'they can control their destiny'. Truth is this, a part of the downfall of the ND is caused by people who started out as voices of Deltans, those you would call militants. A typical Biafran sees anyone who has a different mindset from his as his enemy, one which I consider fascinating. As much as we try to pretend to form a common cause and a sense of belonging. The Biafran dream is a dream of an Igbo man, for the Igbos, and by the Igbos. Truth be told, the concept of breaking away from Nigeria is never the ND dream. We are not as United as people assume the ND to be. But for a common cause, it is safe to say we would come together while the ever thirsty criminals in the region will try hard to sabotage the idea. The same applies to the Igbo people. My short stay here has really made me see that the superiority of the Igbo people does not only affect other groups and tribes but they themselves. I once witnessed a woman saying someone from Owerri is not her sister because she is from Enugu and Enugu people are in a class of their own. Another scenario is that of a keke driver being tagged 'left Abakaliki to Enugu to hustle'. If a people who consider each other different based on geographical location could make it known, then what befalls the Urhobo people when they choose to align with these same folks? Resources vary, just as there are mineral resources all over Nigeria. If every state comes out to protest, then it could work, but Urhobo/ND and Biafrans? Nah...

You don't need to go into inanities just to register your fear for Biafr* or the raging IPOB tsunamic movement.

The fact still remains that no other group in Nigeria can boast of the excellent brotherhood that exists amongst Igbos. You may bid me to show you some proves.

This is a free world of freedom of association. And therefore you and the people you so represent are better off with OduaArewanistan republic.

Channel your energies towards emancipating your helpless people from the marauders and devourers from distant lands.

Try as much as possible to leave Igbos out of whatever problems you may have.

Igbos don't need you or the people you represent to be able to pursue their dreams.

Self-determination remains an inalienable right of a people.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by 09xtr99r: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

We both know that the lightweight, of the three major tribes, in Nigerian politics today are the Igbos. Surprisingly, some minority groups are fast taking the reins of politics and all that is left from them. Primarily, the reason for this has been the selfish interest of some Igbo groups under the aegis of several names which tend to be branded as 'Ohaneze'. I wrote an article several years back and could put it up again, even on here. Just so you know, I have come to believe there are differences between IGBOS and BIAFRANS. I love the Igbos as a race but have tons of issues with Biafrans. Right now, they're considered 'a dangerous' group, both at home and abroad, and until that brand is lifted, then I may get to see them in different light.

At the mere mention of Biaf... or NK many foes and naysayers go bananas, muttering gibberish everywhere they go just because they dread to be left behind with their slave masters...

Haters will definitely not like this great news from UN Organisation:
https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-un

1 Like

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by PhilemonObende: 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

I was about saying no true born Urhobo will align with Biafra. Urhobos consider everyone as one and the same as long as you don't shove them around. That the Igbos in the ND relate well with other groups within the region does not mean internal strife is absent. It's like a typical Urhobo man picking a Delta Igbo woman for a wife. His family will frown, not because he necessarily has to pick an Urhobo woman, but because Urhobos themselves believe they're very special. It explains why we are at logger heads with Isoko because we are invariably different despite the tiny similarity in language. The same applies to itsekiris and ijaws. The Urhobos consider themselves the elites of the SS.

Unfortunately, you're trying very hard to paint the Biafran cause as a meaningful one but it's not working. The sole purpose of Biafran have always been borne out of bitterness for being relegated to the background. Federalism is not the Biafran thing, unlike the ND.

They supported 'our brother' is a typical mentality of the Igbo people and the only reason why they are still lightweight in the political sphere. The SS, overtime, have always learnt to stand by those who stand with them and remember them. We, as a people, don't play the typical 'our brother' mentality. It has never been our thing.

Your post reeks of inexperience and naivety, save you're being mischievous for some reasons. Igbos who clamour for Biafra don't do so because they want True Federalism. They want what they want because they're bitter souls who wander aimlessly without a plan. The SS wants TRUE Federalism and resource control. IPODs and and Biafrans are largely saboteurs and would gladly align with hail stones as long as it threatens Nigerians and properties.

This is from an Urhobo man.

Thank you my brother, we yoruba muslims want Urhobos to hate Biafra and join us and the fulanis in one nigeria when Ibos go with their Biafra. Nigeria can do without ibos. grin

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Sanchez01: 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
PhilemonObende:

Thank you my brother, we yoruba muslims want Urhobos to hate Biafra and join us and the fulanis in one nigeria when Ibos go with their Biafra. Nigeria can do without ibos. grin
And why should we hate them? They have the right to fight for what belongs to them. The Urhobos are a peaceful people, so long you want peace. If secession is what they believe will work for them, then fine. The last thing on the mind of a typical Urhobo man is secession.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Sanchez01: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
09xtr99r:

At the mere mention of Biaf... or NK many foes and naysayers go bananas, muttering gibberish everywhere they go just because they dread to be left behind with their slave masters...

Haters will definitely not like this great news from UN Organisation:
https://www.nairaland.com/3103641/south-east-safest-place-live-un
Sometimes, a little bit of decorum is required, particularly when arguing over a cause. We both know that for certain reasons, the SE is currently experiencing unrest. Fulani herdsmen and the Biafra struggle are two major factors responsible for the unrest at this time. I'm in the East, in Enugu. The UN does not live or have its Headquarter here. I sure hope you know what I mean.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by 09xtr99r: 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:
Sometimes, a little bit of decorum is required, particularly when arguing over a cause. We both know that for certain reasons, the SE is currently experiencing unrest. Fulani herdsmen and the Biafra struggle are two major factors responsible for the unrest at this time. I'm in the East, in Enugu. The UN does not live or have its Headquarter here. I sure hope you know what I mean.

See a confused fellow from a conflict-ridden zone grandstanding in the public when he and some of his folks narrowly escaped being killed in Aladja by the superior Ijaws some days ago.

You can choose to hate anything Igbo, NK or IPOB to the grave, that will not change the fact that you're better off with your masters in OduaArewanistan republic...

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Sanchez01: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
09xtr99r:

See a confused fellow from a conflict-ridden zone grandstanding in the public when he and some of his folks narrowly escaped being killed in Aladja by the superior Ijaws some days ago.

You can choose to hate anything Igbo, NK or IPOB to the grave, that will not change the fact that you're better off with your masters in OduaArewanistan republic...

And I thought you were sane enough to be engaged undecided

You shared a link claiming the SE is the most peaceful region to live in in Nigeria and I clearly explained why that piece is outdated and in your typical, thuggery-like attitude, you resort to insult.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by PhilemonObende: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

Are you sure you are not my yoruba muslim brother claiming to be urhobo. You sound very much like us whenever we effuse our fears for Biafra. you know we hate biafra so much and try to relegate ibos in politics even though Ibo politicians are making laws in Poland, Britain, Germany etc. Pls Keep talking. grin grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by PhilemonObende: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
Is there any other 'urhobo' in the house who think ibos are the problem and we yoruba muslims and fulanis are the best? We need them plenty plenty to give Sanchez01 a hand against the Igbos here. grin grin
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by PhilemonObende: 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
scholes0 are you urhobo? Pls sanchez01 a hand. Let your ND people know that ibos are the problem. I wish I were urhobo unfortunately I am yoruba muslim grin
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Sanchez01: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
PhilemonObende:
Is there any other 'urhobo' in the house who think ibos are the problem and we yoruba muslims and fulanis are the best? We need them plenty plenty to give Sanchez01 a hand against the Igbos here. grin grin
Igbos are not the problem, but Biafrans. At this point, they will support anything that can cripple Nigeria. I think for certain reasons, I'm beginning to feel not all of them are bad. Fr3do is an example of this. For everything, there's always an exception. A typical Biafran would love to see Nigeria in ruins just so he could get what he wants.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by scholes0(m): 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
PhilemonObende:
scholes0 are you urhobo? Pls sanchez01 a hand. Let your ND people know that ibos are the problem. I wish I were urhobo unfortunately I am yoruba muslim grin

Which one is Yoruba muslim?
And you are the one who should be Urhobo, because Obende is a typical Urhobo/Edo name.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Ikechukwu48: 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Can someone explain to me when urhobo was included in Biafra.

My God, people that aren't even joined or included in an agitation carry to agitation for head more than the community included. Yoruba, edos, Urhobo and iteskiri...wtf is wrong with una and attention seeking. I've NEVER seen this amount of attention seeking in my life.

People say they don't want to share a nation with you anymore and yet you keep bombarding the internet running your mouths in insult in effort to change their mindset, case in point: Sanchez01. Typical of a African man mentality..thinking insults will change someone mindset. Who gives a f2k if urhobo are against biafra, last i checked, IPOB did not include una nor do they seem to care what urhobo opinion on the matter. Why is it that an Urhobo seems to carry the biafra agitation for head? Wtf kind of attention seeking is this.

While I'm at it, did Sanchez01 just claim Urhobo is more politically inclusive than SE. In what way? Who even knows urhobo in FG politics. And in delta state, your so called "inclusive" is reducing as we speak despite having the most population. Nigga take several seats back.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Ikechukwu48: 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
fr3do:

Exactamundo. I'm Anioma and Urhobo can't even touch Anioma both politically, educationally or any other factors and the mofo thinks he can compare his people to Igbo in entirely. Is the Nigga serious?

Politically..both Anioma and SE will mop them
Educationally...bote Anioma and SE will mop them

Even the oil he wants to use to chest beat...fucking Ndoki ALONE will mop them, talkless of adding Egbema, Aguleri, etc into it.

grin grin grin grin @at an urhobo thinks he is something. Out of respect of the chick in the first page, I won't even dare insult that tribe.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by 99xtr99r: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:
And I thought you were sane enough to be engaged undecided

You shared a link claiming the SE is the most peaceful region to live in in Nigeria and I clearly explained why that piece is outdated and in your typical, thuggery-like attitude, you resort to insult.

Frustrated boisterous clown from a conflict-ridden zone, you think by colluding with your biased mod to ban my handle and hide my comment will reduce your miseries. Never!

As you continue your non-return journey to insan1ty I would still consider the likes of Ena Ofugara and some other sane Urhobos in whipping the silly, dubious and thievery tendencies out of you...

1 Like

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by raumdeuter: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
scholes0:
Which one is Yoruba muslim?
And you are the one who should be Urhobo, because Obende is a typical Urhobo/Edo name.

You dey mind am? he is an IPOB who hijacked a name he thought was Yoruba sounding and kept spewing idiocy all over

1 Like

Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by fr3do(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Sanchez01:

I am presently in the East, Enugu precisely, and I have seen and heard
1. people say they want Biafra because that is the only way 'they can control their destiny'.
Truth is this, a part of the downfall of the ND is caused by people who started out as voices of Deltans, those you would call militants.
2. A typical Biafran sees anyone who has a different mindset from his as his enemy,
one which I consider fascinating. As much as we try to pretend to form a common cause and a sense of belonging.
3. The Biafran dream is a dream of an Igbo man, for the Igbos, and by the Igbos.
Truth be told, the concept of breaking away from Nigeria is never the ND dream.
4. We are not as United as people assume the ND to be.
But for a common cause, it is safe to say we would come together while the ever thirsty criminals in the region will try hard to sabotage the idea. The same applies to the Igbo people.
5. My short stay here has really made me see that the superiority of the Igbo people does not only affect other groups and tribes but they themselves. I once witnessed a woman saying someone from Owerri is not her sister because she is from Enugu and Enugu people are in a class of their own. Another scenario is that of a keke driver being tagged 'left Abakaliki to Enugu to hustle'. If a people who consider each other different based on geographical location could make it known, then what befalls the Urhobo people when they choose to align with these same folks?
Resources vary, just as there are mineral resources all over Nigeria. If every state comes out to protest, then it could work, but Urhobo/ND and Biafrans? Nah...

1. yes, In an Igbo country, the smaller and people oriented governments of smaller provinces divided along sub-tribal lines will implement policies that address problems of the immediate people.
if Niger Delta was a separate country, do you think the PIB would still be unsigned? do you think IOCs will get away with polluting the environment?

2. That is aggressive propaganda tactics that seeks to provoke debate and response, and it's working.
sometime Last year, I was tuned in to Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu was holding some sort of open forum, I was listening as Biafra faithfuls showed optimism and showered praise on Kanu and IPOB leadership until a man who claimed to be from Edo state grabbed the mic, He spoke for more than 5 minutes, first opining that he is a proud Nigerian and believes in Nigeria, he made several anti-Igbo statements and made some points, it surprised me that Kanu and the Igbo populated crowd maintained decorum and let the man finish.

3. no, an Igbo country could be in confederation with an Ibibio and Efik country.
Biafra is an actualizable dream for the Igbos doesn't mean it is a nightmare for the Urhobos, one tribe can get its country while the other gets its resource control, shikenah no clash of interests.

4. more reason why we shouldn't be in a country that neglects our differences and sum up us as a people.

5. It is ideal that we treat people with dignity and respect.
but the superiority tussle between Igbos is something that will never degenerate close to the Igbo vs Yoruba tussle, but will in the right environment drive healthy competition.
The Abakilki man can brag about the agricultural prowess of Ebonyi state, no Igbo man is inferior to the other to be hurt by another's claim of superiority.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Suntzung: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Oh that is good ipobians! Oya Start Bombing Ur Pipelines Nah, Hypocrarites!
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Ejanla07: 12:11am On Jun 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

I know south south very well and the only group igbos can trust is the Akwa-cross
A typical ijaw man is angry because he feels igbos have collected all their land (as if we didn't buy them)
They have decided not to sale lands to igbos again even. .. very funny and selfish people....
Igbos will soon see u guys for ur true nature and will abandon u guys to ur Yoruba and hausa friends then u guys will appreciate the igbos

we yoruba People kno that you re yoruba tryin to drive wedge between igbo and ijaw People.
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Ejanla07: 12:22am On Jun 20, 2016
Thewrath:

You dey mind them? They hate igbos yet you find them scattered,littering they towns and streets of delta state!
Most of them bear Igbo names and when they commit crimes in Lagos or kaduna or diaspora,others see them as igbos,but when it comes oil,they are ijaws.

yhe dude you re quoting is yoruba masquerading as igbo because he is afraid of the new ss se bond. mrvitalis is yoruba..
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Ejanla07: 12:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Sanchez01:

your post
i smell

cowardice
fear
chestbeating
all in one post

u too much my yoruba broda
Re: IPOB Pledges Allegiance To Niger Delta avengers by Ejanla07: 12:48am On Jun 20, 2016
PhilemonObende:

my yoruba muslim brother. please continue to deceive the ibos to join hands with we yoruba so that we can stab them at the back again. grin

PhilemonObende:

hmmmmm
you yoruba muslims no get chill

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s $1.5 Bn Budget Support Loan Request ‘Still In The Work' - World Bank / FEC Approves ₦3.5bn For Aviation Equipment In Lagos, Kano International Airports / No Political Party Owns Nigeria -oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.