Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,282 members, 7,920,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 06:34 PM

Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor (8003 Views)

Samuel Ogbemudia Dumps PDP / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form / Patience Jonathan & Aisha Buhari Battle On Who Will Use Ogbemudia Stadium In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by adenade(m): 5:58am On Sep 04, 2009
THERE IS ONE PARTICULAR THING THAT HAS BEEN MY PRIDE ALL THE WHILE AND THAT IS THE FACT THAT EVERY NIGERIANS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD HAS WHAT I CALL ' A TOUCH OF INTELECTUAL PROPERTY'

The politics of our counrty can not and will neva be understood by anyone outside the nigeria border, be it here on the africa continent or somewhere there.

People and many nigerians do say things that at times baffles me alot, there is what is called tradition and norms of every society, nation etc. but one that that despises me a lot is when i see some one comparing our system with other form of systems outside there.

SEE, all we just need to do is just to come together as it were when this beautiful country of ours was newly laid and formed and belive me, EVERY OTHER CITIZENS OF THIS WORLD, AND OTHER COUNTRIES AND CONTINENT OF THIS WORLD WILL FOLLOWS US.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by ndelta1(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2009
let this guy see this tread
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by Iykolysis: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2009
Watch it! This could be a clandestine move to cross-carpet to , for 2011 polls.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by darqly(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2009
@sky blue- I don't know where in our constitution its stipulated that an ex-governer is entitled to 3 vehicles. If it is,then it's sad. And even if it is, 3 jeeps(call them SUVs, CRVs, PVCs- they're all the same) is too costly for any Nigerian state at the moment. People forget we're in a recession, where did he get the funds from?

Adams ought to set a precedent, I believe thats what got time there in the first place- People expecting a change, not business as usual.
Can Adams afford 3 jeeps from his own pocket for his father? People take to the government kitty as if its confetti it contains.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by SkyBlue1: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
darqly:

@sky blue- I don't know where in our constitution its stipulated that an ex-governer is entitled to 3 vehicles. If it is,then it's sad. And even if it is, 3 jeeps(call them SUVs, CRVs, PVCs- they're all the same) is too costly for any Nigerian state at the moment. People forget we're in a recession, where did he get the funds from?

Adams ought to set a precedent, I believe thats what got time there in the first place- People expecting a change, not business as usual.
Can Adams afford 3 jeeps from his own pocket for his father? People take to the government kitty as if its confetti it contains.

I will be impressed if you can highlight anywhere in any of my posts whereby I said it was in the constitution to buy gifts for governors with state money or where I even mentioned the relevance of the discussed issue to the constitution. Is it against the constitution for people to give gifts to others when the gifts are bought with their own money? Hence since we both read the same article all I have been doing is asking you to point out where it said that money from the state treasury was used to buy those vehicles.

You mentioned the vehicles bought with the state's money were seized and returned, right? So these ones that were bought again after the previous incident, were they bought with state money or not? If you can't answer that question and back it up then what on earth are you expecting me to get all rattled about? That some guy decided to buy someone he allegedly respects a gift with his own money?
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
oshiomole is not cross-carpeting to any party
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by darqly(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2009
Sky-blue, you're going round in circles with me. In this same article, where was it specified or even implied that Adams used his personal funds to buy these gifts? Which is what prompted me to ask if he can afford the cars for his father before he extends the largesse to an ex-governor that is not LACKING anything.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2009
If it turns out the man used personal funds to purchase those machines, I suggest people of the state call for EFCC investigation kia mosa!! Oshiomole was not rich when he came into office only a while back. This needs to be INVESTIGATED NOW to make sure the source of the funds are legit.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2009
oshiomole not rich before he entered politics? i'm not sure you know the man well.
pls go and make more enquiries.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
George_D:

oshiomole not rich before he entered politics? i'm not sure you know the man well.
pls go and make more enquiries.

You would have to show me for a fact that he was cause from what I gathered he was not rich.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by spoOne: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2009
@George_D,
Try all you want, you're not going to convince this Nigerian that this communist goat is not a hypocrite of the worse kind. So quit trying angry
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2009
ha, ha, ha! now i see. he was not 'rich' as you would like to think if you're thinking
in terms of those money bag politicians but he was rich enough to afford three
jeeps, my brother. maybe you should take a stroll to iyamho to see the house he
built there several years back.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by spoOne: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2009
of course he's rich - from kickbacks during his days as NLC leader. While the masses are marching in the hot sun for social change, the bastard was busy making personal monetary deals with the government to derail labor unions agenda. Now he some how wants to be taken seriously by pandering stupidly to those that see him for what he truely is - A thug!

He has nothing to offer the people of Edo state - so he'll be out come next election. Like everyone else in AC, the Edo peolpe thought his fight for the common man (pseudo ofcourse), was needed in the state. I knew he was a fake from day one.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2009
you oshiomole hater. beware else your bile consumes you!
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by kolaism: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2009
Dear Compatriots,

you are fully aware of the fact that one of Oshiomhole slogans in his campaign is "lead the people lead" and " Let's make poverty history in Edo State"
It is a painful thing that today,The so called Comrade Governor turned comeandrade Governor has been exercerbating the political and developmental problems in Edo state by drifting from the philosophy of what he advocated and preached as the number one citizen of workers.
Oshiomhole, a critic of Osunbor government was believed to alleviate the plight of the people with his pedigree as a labour leader, but the reverse is the case. He is now elevating poverty by demonlishing houses without compesation, by sending traders away from road sides and sores without relocating them to where they will buy and sell like what his counterpart in Ondo state is doing. knowingfully well that these people are the bread winners of their families.
Recalling the unsperakable sacrifice the masses made for his sake, it is difficult that he anathematise the masses who deserve better treatment from him.

I can remember vividly in the press conference, organised to formally present his running mate, Honourable Pius Odubu.
Oshiomhole said and i quote "When elected Governor of Edo State, our state and its people will be in safe hands. I have demonstrated capacities that convince the ordinary Nigerian that we can make a difference in governance
The People will Lead and give the Orders
When we are elected, the ordinary people will be the policy and decision-makers"

All that he promised to do within six months he has not even achieve 0 let alone 1 percent. There is nothing diffrerent from what we have been experiencing in edo state previously. oshiomhole and lucky igbins are aviens of common plummage.

The comrade turned bougeose rode to power on wave of popular support from the peasants, market women, old women, traders, workers etc.

The electotare of Edo state had endured eight brutal years of Lucky Igbinedion's kleptocracy, kakistocracy and lootocracy. We saw Adams Oshiomole emergence as divine intervention and we heaped all our hopes and aspirations on him. We believed that as a former labor leader who was familiar with the common people, he knew our pains. We thought the he is the Moses that will lead edo people out of the political Egypt to the land flowing with milk and honey.

About 10 months into his administration, no lucid achievement has been made, It is preposterous that he has not commission any project

Oshiomole continues to have a very close rapport with former governor do nothing Igbinedion and other reviled PDP chieftains such as Tony Anenih, who held Edo state hostage for eight year. In one of his campaigns in New Benin axis Adams Oshiomhole did promised to preside over the political burial of Anenih but now he is giving mr Fixer who could fix him a red carpet reception. Abba Adams nan so we go dey dey. May be oshiomhole is afraid of the history of 1982. That is fracas between Former Governor Balarabe Musa and Kaduna State House Of Assembly members that led to the former impeachment in 1982. Is Oshiomhole unconscious of the fact that Sarah Palin, former governor of alaska resigned as governor? Why is Oshiomhole afraid of Impeachment.
other achievement negatively is the suppression of the masses by turning them to refugee in their countries of birth .As a Marxist I know that masses whom oshiomhole has tried to repress, depress and suppress shall rise again some day like the phoenix. Oshiomhole has betray the masses who sacrifies their careers, liberties, pleasures to the actualisation of his mandate. Those who died in the struggle are now weeping in their graves.
No wonder the irishman Henry joy MacCracken said and I quote" The rich always betray the poor"
To betray one'a comrade as to gratify the wishes of godfather and attain selfish advantage is akin to death and the greatest treachery to the national cause.

I was so astonished to see Oshiomole when the Kwara state governor and Chairman of the NGF, Dr. Bukola Saraki, led governors Isa Yuguda (Bauchi), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom) and the leadership of the Forum’s Secretariat on a trip to Harvard University, a trip that has now turned into a scandal. The subsequent announcement of an MOU between the "Governors Forum" and Harvard University has now been repudiated by the University, leaving Oshiomole exposed to shame, Many Nigerians were shocked because they expected the governor who rode into power on the promise of preparing Edo State for total revolution.The masses are crying desperately for help. I think Adams will be shown the way out when the revolution occurs.
He has appointed confreternity of crooks who have stained hands, cranks, rogues,and dishonest fortune hunters and questionable characters in his government with a view to feathering thier own nests. I know of a failed presidential candidate he appointed as justice commissioner who appointment his daughter as his personal Assistant (PA) leaving his party men and women to poverty.

The latest of Oshiomhole shenanigans and fumbling is the presentation of 2 jeeps and 1 utility vehicle to former Governor of the defunct Bendel state, Dr. Samuel ogbemudia. It would be recalled that Oshiomhole had earlier collected the two jeeps given to Dr. Ogbemudia by former Governor Oserheimen Osunbor for breaching due process. The sun Newspaper of Wednesday, January 21, 2009 Oshiomhole said "I do not want to do anything that will lead to some form of embarrassment but on the other hand, it will be far more embarrassing that people who are already very privileged are appropriating vehicles to themselves while majority of our countrymen cannot find panadol in public hospitals".The governor has done the worst by taken the vehicle and given him back in ten folds like what he some many people cannot afford panadols. He has open the pandora's box. I can see the writing on the wall. The singular act of the chameleonic comeandrade GOVERNOR has led to unprecedented level of kidnapping, poverty, hunger in the midst of plenty. Kidnapping that has never been experienced in Edo state is now very lucrative in my state because the masses have been raided by Adams.
He has ridiculously increase tax in all sector so as to service the godfathers he promised to preside over their burials. Lecturers, teachers, doctors, masses are against him for increasing tax foolishly and ridiculously. they even went on strike to that effect.

we were also told how he spent 130 million naira for the renovation of presedential lodge including the construction of ordinary swiming pool for 15 million naira.I think Oshiomhole owes the Former governor osunbor and obasanjo apology.
History will judge the Self confessed people governor. For in Edo State, it is not yet uhuru.
from the blind passion of those that worship power may Allah saves Edo state from the hands of the political saboteurs, vampires, vultures, that take delight in rendering the people homeless in their home.

Marxist Kola Edokpayi writes from Benin

Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2009
all this railing against oshiomole will lead to nowhere. what did osunber achieve
in the two years he was governor?
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by SapeleGuy: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2009
George_D:

all this railing against oshiomole will lead to nowhere. what did osunber achieve
in the two years he was governor?

Bros - 2 wrongs don't make a right. Adams has been a big disappointment. We all wanted him to do so well but he hasn't applied himself strategically. He knew before he got in power that he would have zero support with state legislators. Instead of fighting deprivation and PDP, he has been busy fighting within his own party.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by MeGaStReEt: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2009
Oshiomole, You fall my hand
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2009
there are no two wrongs. i am only saying we should not compare oranges
with bananas.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by donclemo(m): 10:34pm On Sep 06, 2009
As far as i am concern Oshiomhole is a tout all he does is to ride Okada and go and arrest people. Now i can realize wat he was doing wen he was in NLC am sure he was secretely negotiating fuel price wt d presedent and pretending to go on strike cry embarassed shocked
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by donclemo(m): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2009
Sky Blue:

I will be impressed if you can highlight anywhere in any of my posts whereby I said it was in the constitution to buy gifts for governors with state money or where I even mentioned the relevance of the discussed issue to the constitution. Is it against the constitution for people to give gifts to others when the gifts are bought with their own money? Hence since we both read the same article all I have been doing is asking you to point out where it said that money from the state treasury was used to buy those vehicles.

You mentioned the vehicles bought with the state's money were seized and returned, right? So these ones that were bought again after the previous incident, were they bought with state money or not? If you can't answer that question and back it up then what on earth are you expecting me to get all rattled about? That some guy decided to buy someone he allegedly respects a gift with his own money?
Guy e b like say na u dem send go lagos go buy the motor
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by kolaism: 5:36am On Sep 07, 2009
guy non dey Bleep up again. stop defending oshiomhole for doing bad. he is a disgrace to homosapiens
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by kosovo(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2009
Most Nigerians are still plain and incredibly stupid,
        how can sumthing that has legal backings suddenly become a bad omen.  If you don't like  it, go to the house of assembly and change the law, instead of showing how DUMB! you actually are.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by elbulk(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2009

Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
what's that floozy pix for? i hope you're not going to suggest oshiomole had something to
do with that lady while he was at nlc? grin
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by donclemo(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2009
Na Oshiomohle babe b Dat the Girl dey leave near my area. lol,
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by ndelta1(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2009
i think this guy shud wake up and perform his role as the gov. of the state
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2009
he's already performing his role as governor.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by Abatakan: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
@adenade
adenade:

THERE IS ONE PARTICULAR THING THAT HAS BEEN MY PRIDE ALL THE WHILE AND THAT IS THE FACT THAT EVERY NIGERIANS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD HAS WHAT I CALL ' A TOUCH OF INTELECTUAL PROPERTY'

The politics of our counrty can not and will neva be understood by anyone outside the nigeria border, be it here on the africa continent or somewhere there.

People and many nigerians do say things that at times baffles me alot, there is what is called tradition and norms of every society, nation etc. but one that that despises me a lot is when i see some one comparing our system with other form of systems outside there.

SEE, all we just need to do is just to come together as it were when this beautiful country of ours was newly laid and formed and belive me, EVERY OTHER CITIZENS OF THIS WORLD, AND OTHER COUNTRIES AND CONTINENT OF THIS WORLD WILL FOLLOWS US.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy  
Really? just becos we left home (Yes Naija Abroad) does not make us less understood where we come from, yes we do give gift in appreciation, but it then turns to graft.So called woman (rebranding Naija) raised 100 million naira for Obama but US issue a statement saying the money will not be accepted becos it`s against the the law.Where is the money?How in the world she got away with it? You are right people like me rant and rant becos we can`t survive your jungle that was my home!! l can live anywhere in the Civilised country with no fear and that is the word`Civilised` l come home,l probably get killed cos l know my right as a human being and Nigerian!!
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
thank God at least you know your right. a lot of people here don't even know
their left not to talk of their right! grin
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by SkyBlue1: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
donclemo:

Guy e b like say na u dem send go lagos go buy the motor

Please just stick to the points raised. I stopped responding to this thread because it is built on nothing but speculation and no one is willing to actually find out the truth. You read an article and I read an article. From the article a lot of people somehow extrapolated the information to the point of stating that Oshiomole used government's money to buy jeeps when it does not even state such in the article. I called some people out on this and you have a problem with that? Sorry if I have dissappointed you by not joining the mob that does not have information to back up its rampage but I will stick with what we all know for now.

If you can bring to light any other article whereby it is stated that government money was used to buy the jeep then we can discuss from there, if not I really am not interested. This whole nairaland mentality of shouting at everything even without having the proper information and then doing nothing when action is actually called for has gotten old and boring really fast.

We don't even have all the info but what if it actually turns out that he is guilty of spending the state's money on the jeeps, how many of you will actually do anything about it? How many of you will group together to get a lawyer and challenge him of even throw and online fury about it? The effort that was used against the SONY advert, does it only apply to things outside the country? Abeg enough with all the phony "outrage", it is just dry now and simply headache inducing.
Re: Oshiomhole Presents Three Jeeps To Ogbemudia Former Edo State Governor by udezue(m): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Northern Governors: Tackle Boko-haram Insecurity / Media, International Community Obstructing Anti-terror War –NSA / Osinbajo: Nigeria To Work With Other Countries To Improve Economic Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.