Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,996 members, 7,931,429 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:25 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5508959 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (3056) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gini(f): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
@ Lolli: Clomid dries up Cervical fluid in some women and also causes hostile cervical fluid that is very acidic and can even kill off sperm in some women too. To work against this side effect of clomid one is advised to use PRESEED or CONCEIVE PLUS which is a TTC friendly Lubbricant(actually made for TTC). Evening Primrose Oil also helps in the production of EWCM thus helps in combating this side effect of Clomid. But Evening Prim Rose Oil (EPO) is to be discontinued after ovulation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gini(f): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
Fruitful Ladies: I read someone mention the use of Baby Aspirin. It is wworthy to note that truly Baby Aspirin or lose dose Aspirin 75mg or max 81mg helps in implantation and prevents miscarriage especially in women with Blood clot disorder. Women without Blood clot disorder also benefits from Baby / low dose aspirin.

Baby Aspirin is advised to be discontinued weeks before due date at least in the 3rd trimester to avoid excessive bbleeding during childbirth.

Also Baby Aspirin also delays or in some cases totally inhibits Ovulation in some women so it is advised to start baby aspirin after ovulation.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by loliporp(f): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
Blendy thnx a lot. I was on metformine. For aboÙt 3mnth d side effect were nt 2 nice but i endured it until  started spotting daily 4 about 18day then ma Doc asked mi 2 stop it.secondly,according 2 ma Doc inducing ovulation and getting pregnant is much simpler than sustaining d pregnancy,since М̣̣̇Ɣ progesterone is vry low its realy nt likely i can sustain it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hello friends, please I need you to throw your expertise in this test result, Udoka, Blendy and all the expertise I beg help me. My hubby at last was able to have his test done and here is the analysis: Vol:2mls, ph:8.0, morphology:normal 50%, abnormal 50%, motility:active 10%, sluggish 10%, dead 80%, progression:active 10%, passive 90%, count:< 1*10^6. I have been able to do some research and from my findings this result isn't too ok. My work schedule will not allow me to see a doctor so soon, but definately, we will make time out to do something.

Kindly give me your input and how to improve this. Thanks Sister. God for us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Blendy77(f): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
That short hand on the fluid count is rather difficult to understand. Don't know if its 1m or 10m but either case its still low and with 80% dead, your guy definitely need some boosting. The truth is that couples whose main reason for fertility is low fluid count might still be lucky to conceive as you need just a single very healthy and active fluid to fertilize an egg if every other parameter is ok with the woman. At least I've seen that happen with so many of my friends and colleagues whose Dr told them to prepare for ivf and they ended up getting pregnant on their own.
I don't know how many of us in the house has heard about ManiX? It works like magic for men when taken with milk. At least it boosted my hubby's count from 10m to 80m within a month even when he wasn't taking it regularly due to the rigor of mixing milk every morning. So Babe discuss with your Doc and also mention Manix to him if you haven't tried it before. He might just recommend it for you. I know some Drs also use clomid on men but that one needs prescription cos it has to be monitored. Success Dear!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 12:39am On Sep 27, 2012
thanks blendy for the quick reponse, could that explain for why fluid come right back out when we bd? i just wish my hubby will cooperate, he is very heady atimes, he said he wont see any doctor and that women are the ones who have problems. oh, how i wish he had listened since! my doctor is being on his neck since july to do this test.

I will introduce the manix to him, does he needs to be monitored while on manix? Cos am thinking of going after it tomorrow imediately?

He takes too much sugary things, could this be rhe cause? He doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, though he sweet a lot.

The count, let me write it in word, less than one times ten raise to power six.<1x10^6, don't mind the cap like symbol, don't know how to raise the six to power.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 27, 2012
@Omonikiba, I tink Dh sperm count is 10,000,000, d average being 20million. Sugar is Definitely a NO NO for men as it reduces testoterone levels. Was d semen cultured for any infection? Becos infection can lead to results as these. Increase fruits and fish intake for him alongside any drug. Our Naija men tinks it makes them less a man anytime dey r asked 2do semen analysis. They go "are U questioning my man hood?" lol. One secret dat works 4me; always let him how much efforts U r putting into giving him Children. U av got 2 treat him like a Baby cos believe me if U get angry he'll NEVER do it!!! Just be patient & keep pleading, that way he'll definitely succumb!!! @All, May our paths be fruitful n may we give suck 2 children sooner than eva!!! Amen. @Alwaystrue, keep em coming gal!!! One-Love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 3:35am On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Blendy for the quick reply. I have been thinking really, I pray my hubby cooperate. Can sugar be the cause of this? Cos he take toooooooooo much of sugary things, ha, I have never seen a man who love sweet things. I will put in my best, read about what I can do as par his meals, veggies, and talk to him about the manix. In addition to that, whenever we bd, fluid pours back out even if my legs go up. He has the believe that is so old fashioned 'women are the ones who have problem', he came back with the result saying he is ok, and when I saw it, I was like hold it.

Let me chip in this, so far with me I haven't really done much medical examination cos my doctor said I should allow my hubby to do fluid analysis before he proceed on what to do, reason he gave was that so far my hsg result shows that my tubes are open and my uterus ok too. He said, I should not waste money on hormonal profile since my period is regular and another doctor confirm same. What do you think I should do on my part?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 3:35am On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Blendy for the quick reply. I have been thinking really, I pray my hubby cooperate. Can sugar be the cause of this? Cos he take toooooooooo much of sugary things, ha, I have never seen a man who love sweet things. I will put in my best, read about what I can do as par his meals, veggies, and talk to him about the manix. In addition to that, whenever we bd, fluid pours back out even if my legs go up. He has the believe that is so old fashioned 'women are the ones who have problem', he came back with the result saying he is ok, and when I saw it, I was like hold it.

Let me chip in this, so far with me I haven't really done much medical examination cos my doctor said I should allow my hubby to do fluid analysis before he proceed on what to do, reason he gave was that so far my hsg result shows that my tubes are open and my uterus ok too. He said, I should not waste money on hormonal profile since my period is regular and another doctor confirm same. What do you think I should do on my part?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:07am On Sep 27, 2012
Sorry for the multiple post pips, its network issue, when I want to post it will be cleared, that why you see them in different format. I don't know they will be updated to the thread. Thanks mama triplet.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2012
Sorry for the multiple post pips, its network issue, when I want to post it will be cleared, that why you see them in different format. I don't know they will be updated to the thread. Thanks mama triplet, he don fight me this monrning, before 6am ooooo, I will prayerfully try my best and worship God in all my effort.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2012
@ Omonikiba... From the results your DH's count is less than 1million, this could be the reason why his s*emen flows out after s*ex because most s*emen with low sperm count are usually watery, although some doctors might disagree. Another reason i read about for s*emen flowing out was hotness of the womb(herbal explanation).
First things first,ur hubby should do a s*emen culture to check for infection,before he starts trying to boost,because if there is an infection,no matter how he tries to boost it will still drop. So treat infection if any before boosting.
MANIX- i heard this is very good for boosting,but i havnt had any personal experience with it. You can try it out.
FERTILAID for men- this i have had an experience with and it really helped my hubby,he took it for just 1 month and it helped a lot,although we are not yet out of the waters.
Read up Pikinmama's post she had some tips on what she used for her hubby and it worked.
Hope he can cut on sugar too? Coz they are bad for sperm.just a little wnt hurt.

After all said nd done, it only takes One s*permy for fertilization to occur,there's nothing God cannot do. Keep the faith. God is in Control!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2012
Wat!!! See another half post again? Abi this phone get virus? Pls sorry for lengthening the thread.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2012
omonikiba: Thanks Blendy for the quick reply. I have been thinking really, I pray my hubby cooperate. Can sugar be the cause of this? Cos he take toooooooooo much of sugary things, ha, I have never seen a man who love sweet things. I will put in my best, read about what I can do as par his meals, veggies, and talk to him about the manix. In addition to that, whenever we bd, fluid pours back out even if my legs go up. He has the believe that is so old fashioned 'women are the ones who have problem', he came back with the result saying he is ok, and when I saw it, I was like hold it.

I'll say just take prenatals that's if you are'nt already. Eats lots of fruits and vegs , high fibre foods, whole wheat, and just generally take care of yourself girl. Good luck and fx

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Ebony for your input, I will be up for it will all I have (Glory to God I have Him).

But pls, do you think I should go ahead to do hormonal assay? Two doctors had advised I won't be needing that since my period is regular, but I have done HSG test which shows my tubes are ok, uterus with fair outlines but an oval filling defect in the lower part of it, did a scan and it shows nothing in the uterus.

Would you suggest I go for cervical smear, pelvic scan and hormonal assay as suggested by another doctor? Am using luth and another private hospital. Luth ask me to go for the above test, private hosp ask that my hubby must have to do test before moving on with me since my HSG result and scan is ok.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 7:38am On Sep 27, 2012
@ Omonikiba....Do you know if you are ovulating?have you confirmed it? If you are ovulating and your period is regular i dnt think you would need a hormonal assay. Except you just want to do it for record keeping. Your womb is ohk, ure ovulating, your tubes are clear dose are what is important. Just start/continue taking prenatals to prepare your body for pregnancy.
Another thing is preseed, i read it helps the fluid swim fast and survives longer,but if you normally have egg white cm then you might not need it.
Baby dust Dear.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 7:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Pink and Ebony. I take prenatals like pregnacare but my urine turn yellow and had to stop cos I read it could be as a result of excess vit B12, I take folic acid too though not on regular dose, na when I remember.I will start on a regular dosage now.

I am ovulating, day 13/14.have overtime study my body to know this.

Yes, the fluid culture report is the no bacteria growth after 48hours of incubation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2012
@lo
loliporp: Blendy thnx a lot. I was on metformine. For aboÙt 3mnth d side effect were nt 2 nice but i endured it until  started spotting daily 4 about 18day then ma Doc asked mi 2 stop it.secondly,according 2 ma Doc inducing ovulation and getting pregnant is much simpler than sustaining d pregnancy, since my progesterone is vry low its really nt likely i can sustain it.

I almst wanted to ignore ur post but my conscience wuldnt let me. Am sry to say but ur Dr is actually very wrong to say that it is harder to sustain a pregnancy that to get pregnant. Getting pregnant us very difficult hence its called TRYING TO CONCIEVE and not TRYING NOT TO HVE A MISCARRIAGE. Dat you hve Low Progesterne doesnt mean you cant carry a pregnancy to term, it jst means you'll need help to do it. And mind you Progesterone is only needed in the first 10-12weeks of pregnancy after which the Placenta takes over providing nutrition to the baby. There are pple wit one or two children who find it difficult getting pregnant again, my dats whr d hard work is.
I too hve Low progesterone and my Dr believe it caused my miscarriage in April but now am almst 11weeks and am progesterone suppositories daily.
I jst had to respond cos i dnt like Drs dat sound so negative, does he want to you to start wondering y ur not getting pregnant since its so easy. My dear, dnt let dat thot sink into your head cos its not true.
God shuld deliver us from negative Drs.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2012
@omonikiba
Everybody have contributed rightly to the issue at hand. I pray God gives you success.

Constant ovulation to us means all is well hormonally. An experienced and professional pharmcist who is ttc for 4yrs also, told me something yesterday, which l somehow believe. She said you could ovulate with immature eggs which will result in no pregnancy or miscarriage. There are some people with hormonaly issues who see normal 28days period with ovulation, but the eggs may not be too healthy to complete other processes. This does not happen to everybody anyway, but most times the quality of the egg are not so good, hence the need l suggest you do the hormonal profile (if money is not an issue) to rule out any imbalance.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2012
Thank you @Udoka. Money is not actually an issue, I will go ahead and do them at least for record keeping. I so much appreciate your time, God bless you all.

Kindly take a look at this: progesterone-day 19
Follicle stimulating hormone-day3-5
Luteinising Hormone: day3-5
Prolactin:day 3-5
Cervical smear:any day
Pelvic USS: any day
Are those days the best for those test?

What will I say, the most High God will reward all of us with sticking BFP in Jesus name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2012
@Omonikiba

ensure you do the fsh, lh, and prolactin on day 3.

progesterone is usually on day 21 to confirm ovulation, day 19 is still ok since according to you, you ovulate day 13/14.

Good luck!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by jobaskia(m): 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
@ omonikiba. Please kindly introduce watermelon to your hubby ASAP and see the efficacy . U made mention that when you bd ithe fliud flows back. I kindly suggest you go ultrasound scan to know the extent of uterus position ,(fallopiann tube) ovary not covered. I' m not a doctor but talking from experience
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
Among other advices already given to omonikiba on sper.m flowing back, l'll suggest deep penetration before eja..culation, and stay on bed up to 30minutes before getting up. We only need one sper.my for the conception and not all the millions grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
@loliporp, what was the dosage of Metformin? Did the Dr suggest you reduce the dosage?

If you have PCOS, you need to be on Metformin.

Omonikoba, is there a reason you want to do progesterone on day 19? It needs to be done 7-10 days after you've ovulated. It's called day 21 progesterone test because its assumed that women ovulate on day 14 hence done 7 days afterwards. All your hormone test need to be done day 1-3.

Regarding your hubby, he needs to take the following Wellman conception, he needs to be on 1000mg Vitamin C, 1000mg Vitamin E as he has low sperm, these two helps motility and morphology.

I wonder why Naija men can be very stubborn, my husband is stubborn, sometimes I wish I was the one with the problem. I wouldn't mind taking a cocktail of drugs just to have a baby.

Anyways ladies, I hope you're all doing good and pls let the prayers continue!!!!!! Who else can give us children at the end of the end?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
thanks so much @ Udoka and Jobaskia, i really appreciate all your input, God will reward you all. we all will sing a new song soon. Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ominokiba, the reason your pee turns yellow is because you're getting rid of the excess. Your body uses what it needs and remember Vitamin B is water soluble hence the reason. Hope it helps.

I'm gearing up for our 7th treatment even though I'm so broke. I'm praying for a natural pregnancy because I can't take the pain any more.

Udoka, ask your doctor if you can get Prednisolone this will help your immunes a lot esp if you get sore throat around ovulation or when you test but ask to be put on low dose 5mg around ovulation. I think you might have Immune issue.

Beetle!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Beetle, the Lord will help you through it and you shall succeed in it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Beetle
7 is a number of perfection..The Lord will perfect it for you this time around ijn.

Thanks once more. l will read about it and ask my dr too. l have appt with him tomorow to collect and reveiw my prolactin result.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Beetle, just like Udoka said 7 is a perfect no. The hand of GOd will move for your sake this time. It is well.

@All, got a BFP yesterday on HPT and had a blood test today with a positive result too. met with my gynae today and placed me on 250mg of Primonult Depot 2twicce wkly for 8wks. God is faithful and am praying that God will continue to move here, and answer every woman here speedily. I am so so so grateful to God almighty

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
Waooo MSTIA, congratulations Dearie, dis is d begining of d numerous bfps dat will flood dis forum from now on. May God keep u & d baby/babies safe for us.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
MSTIA:
@All, got a BFP yesterday on HPT and had a blood test today with a positive result too. met with my gynae today and placed me on 250mg of Primonult Depot 2twicce wkly for 8wks. God is faithful and am praying that God will continue to move here, and answer every woman here speedily. I am so so so grateful to God almighty
Congratulations, Wishing you a stressfree 38weeks. More BFP's will start flowing in now.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
OMG Mstia love congrats and i wish you d healthiest and safest pregnancy. God is indeed very faithful. This is our year and more BFPs are def on d way. I knw you cant wait to go for a scan. Am really happy to hear dis news cos i knw in my heart that prayers on dis forum hve long been answerd.

@Beetle, it is well. God is still faithful and ur BFP will never pass u by.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (3056) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.