Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,740 members, 7,875,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5457501 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
DonaTee:

skineal and all dem tubes are steroids. Dey do mess up hormones n infact very terribly toxic to all body system if used more dan 6wks.

most times trying to withdraw from it may cause rashes.

@creamylicious
exfoliation is extremely good. Turmeric, oat powder, rice powder. Make a paste with lemon juice or water or any veggie juice. This gives an instant glow.

Oriflame scrub n mask in a satchet is d bomb.com 1x a week

renew antipimple soap smoothens d face whether ders pimple or not.
all I listed I use n it works.
Donatee you are too much. Thank you. You're so right about the steroids. Make we no add to ttc wahala abeg.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by DonaTee(f): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Cuppymummy:

Wow! Zest I didn't know all that about the HCG injection, never seen it. Just that most Mamas here emphasized that we should buy only the refrigerated one. I hope you're not mistaking it for progesterone in oil and pessaries? I beg your pardon, I'm a bit confused.

hcg is not oil based n should be refridgerated. Its progesterone dat has an oil based variety
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yakbauer: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello mamas in this noble house, before I start I'll need to apologize before hand for my questions might seem naive.
I've been following this thread for a few months now & I've benefited immensely, thanks to inputs from here. However my understanding of many write-upd has been restricted by my limited knowledge of the common acronyms used in this thread.
All I know is TTC & DH.
Abeg oh make una no vex, help me with a list of d common acronyms make I update my catalogue.
Secondly, we've been TTC for over a year now & my sweet wife has been battling this stubborn candidiasis, we've treated it 2ce & now treating it d third time, I've been told it can prevent conception. Over d last 6/7 months she's had irregular periods, some months her cycle will be 34 some as long as 37 days, we were even forced to run pregnancy test.
We've visited one gynea, ran d basic HSG, ECG, SFA, hormonal profile, all seemed fine, but the gynea didn't seem convinced about d HSG & recommended a second one after 6 months.
I've changed to another one who's started afresh we've conducted TVS & d radiologist that sis it said he's saw polycysts, BUT IT SHOULDN'T PREVENT CONCEPTION, coz it wasn't much, however that's contrary to what I've read about PCOS, although my wife doesn't exhibit most of the symptoms, & we're not yet done with d other tests like ovulation tracking, SFA & hormonal assay.
For a start, this is what I need to know, I've read here that Ruzu bitters is good for erratic flows & treating infections, how effective is this, & what's d recommended dosage?
I thank y'all for your inputs, both medical & personal experiences
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilessence: 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
yakbauer:
Hello mamas in this noble house, before I start I'll need to apologize before hand for my questions might seem naive.
I've been following this thread for a few months now & I've benefited immensely, thanks to inputs from here. However my understanding of many write-upd has been restricted by my limited knowledge of the common acronyms used in this thread.
All I know is TTC & DH.
Abeg oh make una no vex, help me with a list of d common acronyms make I update my catalogue.
Secondly, we've been TTC for over a year now & my sweet wife has been battling this stubborn candidiasis, we've treated it 2ce & now treating it d third time, I've been told it can prevent conception. Over d last 6/7 months she's had irregular periods, some months her cycle will be 34 some as long as 37 days, we were even forced to run pregnancy test.
We've visited one gynea, ran d basic HSG, ECG, SFA, hormonal profile, all seemed fine, but the gynea didn't seem convinced about d HSG & recommended a second one after 6 months.
I've changed to another one who's started afresh we've conducted TVS & d radiologist that sis it said he's saw polycysts, BUT IT SHOULDN'T PREVENT CONCEPTION, coz it wasn't much, however that's contrary to what I've read about PCOS, although my wife doesn't exhibit most of the symptoms, & we're not yet done with d other tests like ovulation tracking, SFA & hormonal assay.
For a start, this is what I need to know, I've read here that Ruzu bitters is good for erratic flows & treating infections, how effective is this, & what's d recommended dosage?

Hi.
Candidiasis is fungal or yeast infection and it could arise from overzealous use of antibiotics. The bacteria and fungi live together in healthy competition. If you kill off the bacteria, the fungi will overgrow and cause an infection. Pls use only an antifungal like Clotrimazole pessary ( there are different brands).
If all your tests are normal, you should relax and not use different products that can interfere with madam's cycle.
As for the polycysts, you need to seek the opinion of your doctor. PCOS has 3 components,: polycystic ovaries, increased androgens and an ovulation (I.e. no ovulation). Obesity may or may not be present. Androgens are the male sex hormones like testosterone. If madam's hormone profile does not show increased testosterone and the TVS showed a dominant or already burst follicle, she probably doesn't have PCOS.
Baby dust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by creamylicious(f): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
DonaTee:

skineal and all dem tubes are steroids. Dey do mess up hormones n infact very terribly toxic to all body system if used more dan 6wks.

most times trying to withdraw from it may cause rashes.

@creamylicious
exfoliation is extremely good. Turmeric, oat powder, rice powder. Make a paste with lemon juice or water or any veggie juice. This gives an instant glow.

Oriflame scrub n mask in a satchet is d bomb.com 1x a week

renew antipimple soap smoothens d face whether ders pimple or not.
all I listed I use n it works.
thanks dearie

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roselok(f): 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
@mama cuppymummy and all mamas on this trend ur testimony is sure and it is now ijn. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
MumTT:

Pele. It will soon pass

Thanks ma
Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
Bomgirl:
Hi Curvilicious, sorry about the ms. I'm the exact opposite! No ms, none at all.
I had to do a scan to be sure my baby was there. Which is funny considering that I pray the pregnancy prayers in 'Supernatural Childbirth ' which says 'I will not have morning sickness'!
Please get the book and declare too!
No worry e go soon pass! kiss kiss

If i were u ehnnnnnn
Na only me know how i for dey happy
I will thank you sis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
pweetymii:

Pele my dear.its just a phase,it will soon pass,just keep on taking your prenatals.

Thank you sis
How is you nd ur tiger blade mouth?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
pweetymii:

Pele my dear.its just a phase,it will soon pass,just keep on taking your prenatals.

I've not been taking anything med o
All our bedroom dey nauseate me because of smell of meds. If i bring prenatal near nose the whole house go scatter for puke.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hannaspirit:

Pele luv, 3months go soon pass. people, let's add "no ms or any kind of sickness whilst pregnant " to our prayers. The thing can almost make you wish you were not pregnant

No Ms shld be a very great part of the prayers o
Ms has been making me reason bad bad things
Thank God for everything sha
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
creamylicious:
pele my dear.... Ma sukun

E se okomi
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
I like testimonies
So, my dh colleague nd my formal landlady's niece(small world) whom d docs declared will not have a baby after an abortion which was not properly done.
She gave birth on Saturday to a BBB after 8solid years of waiting
Praise the Lord

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beautyuche: 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
4realwoman:
ma'am I no say make you no kpekus o cos the earlier you resume kpekus the better. Me wey dey talk, I did it on Wednesday and I kpekus on Sunday and I still felt pains but after that Sunday na enjoy*ment things for me so ooo grin.
If you have the strength you can kpekus that same day sha. wink

Dh is not on ground even if he is hmmm I don't think I will with d way I am feeling.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beautyuche: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Cuppymummy:

Beautyuche, after use for your HSG, please ditch the ibuprofen for menstrual pain. It causes infertility issues. Research on it. I used to use it before I found out. Try using only panadol extra for menstrual pain. Try natural remedies like drinking a mixture ofhot water, lime and ginger; avoid sweet stuff especially close to your period.

Thanks a lot I think it is a physiological thing. I just fear pain even when it is a mile away.

The HSG went well I got along with my day but sum where in my brain there is pain even though physically I am fine.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
curvilicious:
I like testimonies
So, my dh colleague nd my formal landlady's niece(small world) whom d docs declared will not have a baby after an abortion which was not properly done.
She gave birth on Saturday to a BBB after 8solid years of waiting
Praise the Lord

Thank you Curvilicious for sharing these awesome testimonies. God give us our testimony too! Meanwhile this your morning sickness sound like twins o.
Receive anointing of ease in your pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
beautyuche:

Thanks a lot I think it is a physiological thing. I just fear pain even when it is a mile away.

The HSG went well I got along with my day but sum where in my brain there is pain even though physically I am fine.
Congratulations dear! You're right, the pain is mostly in the mind. I must confess hsg wasn't as bad as I had heard. I had seen worse. It was the sight of the instruments that terrified me, I cried like a baby when they were putting it in. But at the second hsg, I acted more 'mature.'

Wishing you a speedy bfp!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pweetymii: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
curvilicious:

Thank you sis
How is you nd ur tiger blade mouth?
not be only tiger,na Nacet blade....if you see my face sef,if dem tell you say i dey talk you not go believe.most times,na my eyes dey do the talking...
Pele for the puking but just try small if na only folic acid sef make you dey take....
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hannaspirit:

I think she's talking about progesterone, hcg injections are refrigerated and may not be sold with out appropriate prescription.
DonaTee:

hcg is not oil based n should be refridgerated. Its progesterone dat has an oil based variety
Thanks Hannaspirit and Donatee.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
Roselok:

@mama cuppymummy and all mamas on this trend ur testimony is sure and it is now ijn. Amen.
Amen to your prayers. God bless you and Prettmum too. Thanks for stopping by.
yakbauer:
Hello mamas in this noble house, ...
You're welcome. May God give you and wifey a quick and favourable answer. Ruzu bitters is good. Just follow the directions on the packaging.

As for the candida, you're better off treating it medically. A combination of C.a.n.e.s.t.e.n pessaries , C.a.n.e.s.t.e.n cream to be applied on the vulva,and d.I.f.l.u.c.a.n taken orally as prescribed works very well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
sysengr:
The omega 369 I bought contains evening primerose oil, so i dont intent to use it after ovalution. Hope am in order or is it dat d small quantity shouldn't have effect on uterus contraction.
I don't think it'll have any negative effect. You should take it all through your cycle.
I hope you're feeling better and your treatment went well?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by prettymaxy(f): 12:02am On Jun 28, 2017
mamas pls where can one get clean point tampon in asaba environ
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 12:26am On Jun 28, 2017
prettymaxy:

contact mumihaja I will search for her number on my other phone in the morning
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 6:15am On Jun 28, 2017
With my little experience
Candida should not prevent pregnancy because even pregnant women develop candida during pregnancy.
But
It is very important you treat every every before conception.

For Candida treatment
I personally recommend going herbal, them finalise with fluconazole 150mg, after end of herbal treatment.
And if you must treat, treat both partners.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:22am On Jun 28, 2017
Bomgirl:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_cerclage

I hope I don't get banned for this.
You too dey fear

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:23am On Jun 28, 2017
prettymaxy:
Or order online. Jumia konga check which of their prices is cheaper overall for you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:32am On Jun 28, 2017
mamatwiny:
My ppl, fear don dey catch me.
Today is day 7 after a missed period . I did a urine pt test this morning and it is negative. Any advise?

Maybe I should do blood. If blood is also negative, what should I do?
What did d test say? Last month I had a 40 day cycle instead of my normal 28days. And I know say I no do the thing on the favourable days for conception so I worry small but it eventually came. I was more worried of it wasting my time to treat with clean point than that something was wrong.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:36am On Jun 28, 2017
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2017
mrssho:

Do you know where she may have gotten these things from? I also find it strange that she didn't deem it fit to discuss it with me yet she expects me to use it lipsrsealed

A particular white garment church I know.
My ex MIL was pro in producing such stuff to give me. Surprised they didn't add sponge and raw egg to break on your head.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:46am On Jun 28, 2017
mrssho:

Thank you ma for your response the issue now is that my husband used some today but I've gone to hide it and I pray he forgets. But will beg him tonight not to use it. It's a dicey situation because how do you convince a man that mommy dearest brought something that isn't Christian like home. SMh
How did it now go with hubby and the stuff? In my former marriage I gave too much chance for things to be brought to me. Now I am stronger. No be quarrel, I throw what I don't want and work on hubby being more spiritual. I remind him and encourage him when I see he is reducing his mid night prayers as my hubby does that more than me. Then support his church interests, that helps me to know who he respects in church to take matter to when he is straying. Moreover na monitoring his prayers life helped me know when he was began straying. So my point be, you can not work on your faith alone, find the loving way to nudge him to a personal knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:49am On Jun 28, 2017
Tripletmom:
Mummy please,be wise about it,only prayer can do it.
Those are part of the things that comes with TTC,some individual who r christians go places in seeking for solution,well I believe it all depends on the perspectives we see thngs.'Be fruitful' is the word from God so who says I won't have children.
Delay is not denial,dis period has really made me realize somethngs.
All I do is Jst praise,worship and pray.Nobdoy wants to wait so long without having children but do u know some women don't even av a job but willing to work,some don't av husband but truly desire to have but if u av some other thngs dat makes u happy abeg make we no lose focus on them.(Mark 4:28) the full corn is wat we are expecting(babies)so let continue to bless God for blade(good job) and ears(wonderful marriage)
Everybody get delay in one area or the other and I thnk our prob shouldn't make us derail from God's path.
I know it's not easy,it's really not easy but trying to enjoy every bit of it and don't give room for self pity,negativity,being too sensitive and desperation.
Meanwhile,since Sunday hubby av bin worried reason bin that a friend dat got married April told him his wife is pregnant.
It is well with us.E-kisses and hugs kiss kiss kiss

When husband's start to show their worries em na die. Well na to keep d faith and the spice in the marriage and restrict inlaws too involvement.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:51am On Jun 28, 2017
mrssho:

Thanks for this. I have no intention of using any of that stuff. If not for anything one cannot be too sure of other people's intentions I have gone to hide it for now and will eventually throw them away. I know God will do it this year and he will receive all the gloty
Don't throw please. Just hide more. You can throw after a year. Cos d day hubby asks for it, na die say u throwaway what his mother brought.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.