Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:24 PM

Where Have The Fireflies Gone - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Have The Fireflies Gone (1799 Views)

Has The Nigerian Vulture Gone Extinct? / 10 Local Mother Tongues That Have Gone Extinct / Yoruba Words And Phrases That Has Gone Global!!(interesting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Have The Fireflies Gone by xolomonstrides(m): 12:34am On Jun 24, 2016
I remember when I was younger, I would stay out looking out for fireflies. They were not so hard to find around as they would light up the skies beautifully. However, I have been pondering lately ....I stay around lekki/ajah area of Lagos and have been getting home late this days. I observed that I have not been seeing fireflies around. I have taking note closely for a week now and not even one firefly. Just want to know if there is any scientific explanation to this.. Is it my location or is someone else experiencing this... I also noticed that I have not seen a rainbow for years now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Have The Fireflies Gone by magabounce(m): 12:43am On Jun 24, 2016
Very true... way bk in calabar, I used to see them almost every night, fast forward to abj, used to see dem years ago.
But not anymore. Would be on the look out sha
Re: Where Have The Fireflies Gone by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 24, 2016
really true .....BTW some pple will soon blame buhari

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Virginity And Chastity In Ancient African Tradition / Dada: What Have You Heard? / Being A Vampire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.