Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,075 members, 7,925,405 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:06 PM

Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. (7512 Views)

Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila / Anyone That Betrays Tinubu Is Bringing Curses Upon Himself — Fayose / You Demoted Me, Tinubu Accuses Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. by gare(f): 12:49am On Jun 26, 2016
hagmond1:
Tinubu worked for American companies Arthur Andersen,
Bola Tinubu was an executive with Mobil.
His political career began in 1992 not 1999, when he was elected to the Nigerian Senate representing the Lagos West

Top executive in Mobil, what was his position? Na you guys are holding brief for Tinubu, but do you that Diaziani was an Executive Director with Shell, so she may have acquired all that still from being a top executive, that is what we call top executive, not the Tinubu type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. by dwas: 8:33am On Jun 26, 2016
Anseth:
:
1. Oriental Hotel
2. Falomo Shopping Complex
3. First Nation Airline
4. Lekki Concession Company
5. Apapa Amusement Park
6. Maiyegun Land Project
7. De Nation
8. Renaissance Hotel
9. Tejuoso Market (Joint ownership)
10. Ikeja Shopping Mall
11. TV Continental
12. Converted Lagos Poly land for TVC
13. Owned NNPC Office building in Lagos
14. Radio Continental
15. Owned School of Nursing building in Lagos
16. Tax Collector of Lagos State (Alpha Beta)
17. Wife is a member of the National Assembly
18. Son-in-law is a member of the National Assembly
19. Daughter is the President-General of Market Women Association in Lagos
20. N4 billion government financed property for self at Queens Drive, Lagos.
Tinubu acquired all of the above and many more not listed after he became Governor of Lagos State, first in 1999 and won his second term in 2003. He remains Governor Emeritus of Lagos, controlling the State’s treasury through his protege Governor Fashola.

As much as I agree with you that he got all this within the said period, he invested most of the money building business institution that engages thousands of people. Take for instance, Alpha beta, Lagos made less than 15billion a year when he became governor. He started a structured firm that is expert in tax collection. Today through that structured system, Lagos is making average of 240billion a year. Other states throng to Lagos to learn. If you make 5 naira and I tell you I can make 100 naira for you but I will take 15% of what I generate for you, what is wrong with that. Tinubu is a solution provider not just a politician. I respect him. Like him or hate, he will always be in the history of this country.
Re: Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. by dwas: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2016
gare:

Top executive in Mobil, what was his position? Na you guys are holding brief for Tinubu, but do you that Diaziani was an Executive Director with Shell, so she may have acquired all that still from being a top executive, that is what we call top executive, not the Tinubu type

If your Dieziani has invested half of money looted in Niger Delta, the story would have changed. Diezaini was extravagant showbiz wastful spender while tinubu is strategy in spending. He imvest in project that bring development. Thats alot of differences my brother.
Re: Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. by gare(f): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2016
dwas:

If your Dieziani has invested half of money looted in Niger Delta, the story would have changed. Diezaini was extravagant showbiz wastful spender while tinubu is strategy in spending. He imvest in project that bring development. Thats alot of differences my brother.

What are we even talking about here? That it is ok for one to still and irrespective of where you invest the money makes you the bad person? That's is wrong a thief is a thief whether you steak and invest in Nigeria or abroad a thief still remains a thief and they all should be punished for it, it shouldn't be selective, that is my stand, I am not saying those that stole during GEJ administration should be made to answer for it, but it should include the others from other parties.

1 Like

Re: Before 1999, Tinubu Had None Of These.. by sarutobie(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
IF you are an unbiased viewer, and you read some of the comments on this thread, you will agree with me that what has held project Nigeria back over the decades is injustice and lack of equity encompassed in an all consuming evil that is HYPOCRISY.....not corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4,500 APC, GPN Members Defect To NNPP In Bauchi / ESN Chase Herdsmen Out Of Enugu, Gun Down Two Cows- Pictures And Video / Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.