Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,927 members, 7,883,245 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity (480 Views)

Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Early Thinkers In The Period Of The Neanderthals / Is Commiting Suicide A Sin? In Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity by nicedas(m): 10:46am On Jun 26, 2016
It will be an atmospher filled with joy if any christian can prove to me the reason why they are christian and why they pray the way they pray. First of all i am a muslim seeking for more understanding in the opposition religion which is christianity. As muslims our forms and manners of prayer are done anonymously attributed with the way prophet muhammad and other prophets did which is prescribed in the holy quran. Lastly and more importantly can any professor in christianity quote a verse where jesus or even any other prophet prayed closing their eyes singing or even dancing. Thanks.
Re: Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity by nicedas(m): 10:48am On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2016
nicedas:
It will be an atmospher filled with joy if any christian can prove to me the reason why they are christian and why they pray the way they pray. First of all i am a muslim seeking for more understanding in the opposition religion which is christianity. As muslims our forms and manners of prayer are done anonymously attributed with the way prophet muhammad and other prophets did which is prescribed in the holy quran. Lastly and more importantly can any professor in christianity quote a verse where jesus or even any other prophet prayed closing their eyes singing or even dancing. Thanks.

If religions be opposition to each other then if there be God or God(s) could we then make him/her/it or them opposition of themselves or each other too?

The planet earth has shared mosques, churches and temples for years, can't the God(s) figure that our humanity is religion enough for us.

If there demand more piety in us than being just humans and sort after uncanny piety and separations in the name of religions then in my opinion The God(s) or God has asked more than we can give or should give..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity by mollie12: 11:35am On Jun 26, 2016
I thought you would want to ask about more important components of christian prayer. Closing of eyes is not even mandatory or required: I personally believe it is helpful in getting people to remove their focus from their surroundings and place the focus on the Person they are talking to (God). If you have specific questions on prayer you could post them, so that you can get specific answers.
Re: Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity by nicedas(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
I schooled in ph, you are been mandated to close your eyes. Is there a description on how to pray in christianity, Or
Re: Critical Question To The Critical And Rational Thinkers In Christianity by nicedas(m): 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
johnydon22:

If religions be opposition to each other then if there be God or God(s) could we then make him/her/it or them opposition of themselves or each other too?

The planet earth has shared mosques, churches and temples for years, can't the God(s) figure that our humanity is religion enough for us.

If there demand more piety in us than being just humans and sort after uncanny piety and separations in the name of religions then in my opinion The God(s) or God has asked more than we can give or should give..
you are right to some extent, but you cant say russia and usa are not opposition, Thats the world right now.

(1) (Reply)

What Satan Seeks For Absolution T / You Cannot Afford To Be Gentle In This World... / Happy New Month Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.