Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka (34174 Views)

Independence Peace Rally In Awka By Arewa, Ndigbo And Yoruba (Photos) / Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by yom2(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Oche211:

spot on. My guy, Baba God bless ur hustle nd all endeavours in life.
U've said d absolute truth. Whn guys like us speak on this on nairaland, we get battered with all manners of insults. Bt d truth will always be d truth. D prob with d south east are two. The greedy leaders nd d gullible people (youths). The youths ve to wake up nd see things clearly 4rm d right point of view cos 4 nw they are seeing thru a tainted glass. The SE leaders re only there 4 their own greedy selves.
thank u my bro. A good number still think in d box and view every step of d government frm a tribal goggle. For example, when d late amazon was in charge at nafdac and was fighting fake drugs importers, some see it as a persecution of d igbos by d government of d day
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by johntolu: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Niyinficient:

You are right...I don't blive d East and the West hate themselves as much as it's been shown in this forum, u will hardly hear abt a clash against the Yorubas in the east nor against the Igbos in the West except lagos whr markets dues somethings cause chaos, but it's expected considering the population of Lagos, even there Yorubas sometimes av minor internal crisis. I have said over timethat the bigotry exhumes by some on this forum can't pass here. Some people just love to make fun of everything (reason why Nigerians are said to b the happiest people! Yeye people)

The two sides need a meeting/melting point. Awolowo never wanted the marriage with north, he preferred the East, but all those are bygones, this generation either make it happen or we kiss the southern unity goodbye.

Only a fool will blame Chief Awolowo for being against the marriage with the North and instead, having a preference for a marriage with the Eastern part of the country. The reason for Chief Azikwe's action on the contrary, still beats my imagination.
On a more serious note, the forced marriage between the Muslim Hausa-Fulani North, and the rest of the country, would have been averted if Chief Azikwe had taken the same stand Chief Awolowo took.
The Nigerian Nation would have been better off if Northern and Southern Nigeria had gone its separate ways at Independence.
Whatever difference we would have had, if Eastern and Western Nigeria had come together as a Nation, at Independence, could have been easily managed than the myriads of problems we are having presently, in the Nigerian state.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by yom2(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
primus101:
yom2. While I agree the East is quite tribalistic and marginalization conscious. I would attribute this to the orientation given to the Igbo child about the war. You see, a baby boy who is old enough to know good and bad believes the whole country hates the East. He believes we are being exploited and Marginalised. Sadly, some, even after being educated grow up with this mentality. They are giving evidences from the civil war, with a very tribally biased recount.

The truth is, the real tribalism exists only between the North and East. While the North may be more physical and bloody. The East is more discrminatory and noisy about it. I am currently researching as to the true state of this. I however do not agree, that the East rejected Buhari for any other reason other than his Tribe. The Poster you quoted who sided with the obviously mis-informed writer and called the East supporters of corruption is wrong. He committed an error of Generalization. The Eastern Politicians do not represent the Exact thought of the eastern populace. Yes, they campaigned against Buhari, but they leveraged on the hatred for The Hausa man haboured by most easterners. Not, corruption. Anyway, this Forum is filled with tribalism-motivated posts. Nobody is doing objective and progressive debate here. If they are, it is quite scarce.
primus101:
yom2. While I agree the East is quite tribalistic and marginalization conscious. I would attribute this to the orientation given to the Igbo child about the war. You see, a baby boy who is old enough to know good and bad believes the whole country hates the East. He believes we are being exploited and Marginalised. Sadly, some, even after being educated grow up with this mentality. They are giving evidences from the civil war, with a very tribally biased recount.

The truth is, the real tribalism exists only between the North and East. While the North may be more physical and bloody. The East is more discrminatory and noisy about it. I am currently researching as to the true state of this. I however do not agree, that the East rejected Buhari for any other reason other than his Tribe. The Poster you quoted who sided with the obviously mis-informed writer and called the East supporters of corruption is wrong. He committed an error of Generalization. The Eastern Politicians do not represent the Exact thought of the eastern populace. Yes, they campaigned against Buhari, but they leveraged on the hatred for The Hausa man haboured by most easterners. Not, corruption. Anyway, this Forum is filled with tribalism-motivated posts. Nobody is doing objective and progressive debate here. If they are, it is quite scarce.
u ve made some valid points, i ve done my own insightful observations as well .though every group on d average has its seeming traits, tedencies, cultures and downside. for some they call jesus with passion but they are yet to embrace an inch d humillty of christ; if u are overtly agressive, boisterious, noisy and u brag about it with an arrogant posture. U naturally attract beefs. No matter how great u are, still try and keep a calm head. U need not mock d cripple moving quietly down d road.some sense of diplomacy, empathy and global orientation is also good.. Not thinking in d box.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Niyinficient(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
99xtr69r:

Take this message to your Yoruba folks:
IGBOS DON'T NEED THE PRESIDENCY OR POLITICAL POSTS TO SURVIVE.

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with murderous parasites cum treacherous backst*bbers.

It's sheer hypocrisy for want of excuse to divert attention from the Igbos' quest for nationhood to inanities and begin hyping about Igbos not sharing the 'Nigerian Identity'.
What kind of lie is that?

No other ethnic group can boast of creating a chain of networks across every other groups in Nigeria than the Igbos. Not even the Yoruba tribe can boast of such great relationship.

Igbos permeate every nook and cranny of Nigeria, establishing and building business empires and adding value to the local communities. Some Igbos even get married to the local people and have their children named after their culture of the locality.

No ethnic group like Igbos truly embraced Nigeria in totality by sojourning into remote recesses of the country, living and adding value to the local communities and assimilating the cultures of other nationalities.
What do the Igbo Nation get in return - hatred, destruction of businesses and death?
What then do you want from igbos ?

Over the decades Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have proven to have voted along tribal lines. But not so with the Igbos.
At those times Igbos built ties, formed alliances and voted for Northerners (Shagari - 1979, Yaradua - 2007), Yorubas (Abiola - 1993, Obj 2x - 1999 & 2003) and Ijaw (GEJ - 2007) to enable them get the presidency even at the expense of Igbo men. That's an indisputable fact! 

Yorubas had the presidency for over 11years with Obj ruling in the democratic dispensation 1999 to 2007 (8 years without breakage)

Igbos do not need politics or presidency to survive.

Judging from your the tone of the misinformation you presented, pray, tell your readership how the extermination threat by a Yoruba Oba against the Igbos is not hatred but love.

Oba Akiolu's Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

Yorubas have used foul means including extortion and outrageous taxes to destroy Igbo businesses in SW. Yorubas have shut Igbo business premises at will while they continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And yet you still expect Igbos to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for Igbo progress soar high.

Shops are demolished without compensation and someone will still say the traders were given sufficient notice of vacation as if the alternative is affordable. The proposed alternative shops are oftentimes so exorbitant and out of reach by the common man.

Igbos are made to develop barren locations and thereafter chased away to an undeveloped area or a complex beyond the reach by the common man.
Many a time the destruction of shops are selectively done exempting where Yorubas sell agbo, weed and fake medicine just like in Oshodi where Electronic shops belonging to Igbos were demolished.

Yorubas should get focused on consolidating their OduaArewanistan republic and steer clear of anything connected with Igbos.

In your deluded state. Listen to this. People like are the fuel behind the Igbo vs othe-tribes hatred....u harbour a non-existing hate and I seriously pray u don't get ruined by that. you claim Igbos are building empires in every nooks and cranny of the country and they are being hated and marginalised.....yet they flourish right? hw possible is it for a marginalised, maltreated, maimed stranger to flourish in a strange land under such harsh terms according to u.?

People like u are the ones indoctrinating the younger Igbo generation of hatred for other tribes. if Igbos don't want to rule d country...fine, then they stop crying wolf abt marginalisation.

Igbos win elections in Lagos....yet u say they are marginalised

Igbos collect market dues in other people's territory, they build houses and establish business...I begin to wonder how come dey can do all these when all odds seem to b against them (according to u)

I don't av to trade words wit u much....u need to purge ursef of hate, ur need to purge ursef of delusions, u need to move out of self pity.

They Igbos feel not to have a part of this govt because they were not calculative enough in the last elections...they saw the handwriting on the wall that APC was pulling crowd, even if they won't vote buhari, all they needed to do is just vote in one apc candidate, Christ Ngige or any other into d senate and that person wud av been d senate president. I blieve people like who beat war drums and label other tribes as Haters will always be at d losing end.

I pray a referendum is conducted so that Biafra will become a reality.....and watch how many established Igbos in other parts of the country will abandon all what they have done for themselves to start all over again in the Land of the Rising Sun.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
for God sake, this is height of hypocrisy for anybody to generalise Igbo as corrupt in Nigeria when it is obvious that you can hardly mention any Igbo man among the leaders that have eaten this country dry. if u find one igbo man on list of corrupt men, you can be sure to find six to seven men from the other major tribes. yet some attention seeking individuals will come out say nonsense.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by 99xtr69r: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Niyinficient:
In your deluded state. Listen to this. People like are the fuel behind the Igbo vs othe-tribes hatred....u harbour a non-existing hate and I seriously pray u don't get ruined by that. you claim Igbos are building empires in every nooks and cranny of the country and they are being hated and marginalised.....yet they flourish right? hw possible is it for a marginalised, maltreated, maimed stranger to flourish in a strange land under such harsh terms according to u.?

People like u are the ones indoctrinating the younger Igbo generation of hatred for other tribes. if Igbos don't want to rule d country...fine, then they stop crying wolf abt marginalisation.

Igbos win elections in Lagos....yet u say they are marginalised

Igbos collect market dues in other people's territory, they build houses and establish business...I begin to wonder how come dey can do all these when all odds seem to b against them (according to u)

I don't av to trade words wit u much....u need to purge ursef of hate, ur need to purge ursef of delusions, u need to move out of self pity.

They Igbos feel not to have a part of this govt because they were not calculative enough in the last elections...they saw the handwriting on the wall that APC was pulling crowd, even if they won't vote buhari, all they needed to do is just vote in one apc candidate, Christ Ngige or any other into d senate and that person wud av been d senate president. I blieve people like who beat war drums and label other tribes as Haters will always be at d losing end.

I pray a referendum is conducted so that Biafra will become a reality.....and watch how many established Igbos in other parts of the country will abandon all what they have done for themselves to start all over again in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Deluded Yoruba fellow, it seems you're really hard in undestanding simple sentences. I stated and even made it bold that:
Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with murderous parasites cum treacherous backst*bbers.

Yorubas should leave Igbos out of whatever that's troubling them. Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from the greedy and wicked Yorubas.

Copied and modified:

"After the civil war,

Has the Igbos ever risen up in arms against the Yoruba people?

Has the Igbos ever forcefully claimed Yoruba lands?

Has the Igbos ever killed Yoruba farmers?

Has the Igbos ever killed or abduct Yoruba Oba?

Another set of questions for your bigotic brain to ponder on...

Are the Igbos supposed to go knock on every Yoruba man's door every morning, greet, sweep, wash plate and cloths for them?

Are the Igbos supposed to be paying money to every Yoruba man they see on daily basis?

Are all the Igbos suppose to be poorer than all the Yorubas because they reside in Lagos?

Are the Igbos supposed to think like the Yorubas and vote only who the Yorubas voted for?

Don't the Igbo man have a mind of his own?"

You're pained that the Igbos would come into Lagos and out-compete Yorubas to your shame and chagrin. And now your unbridled greed led you to sell off your father's lands to the ever industrious Igbos and becoming tenants.

Igbos travel to Lagos to take advantage of Yoruba visionlessness, docility and gross ineptitude. About a century ago the Europeans competed amongst themselves in trooping to Africa.
That's business acumen and economic expansion at work!

It takes a determined and industrious people to leave their immediate environment and venture into a distant land and conquer it. A bunch of parasitic creatures would rather lazy around in their neighbourhood and depend on their parents for their survival. 

If you can't take it no more consider taking a walk to Ojota Motor park and board a bus back to your Oshogbo enclave!

Lagos and some other parts of Yorubaland in Nigeria are doing well because of the midal touch of Igboness.

We live in a global village that's why you see the Igbos, Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, Americans and Italians journey to Lagos to conquer the land.

Be weaned from your parents and try venturing out so you can compete with other people.

You lots claim Yorubas had empires that cut across Nigeria, Togo and Benin. Why are the Yorubas in these countries not outstanding to project the countries to limelight?

Stop whining, weeping and wailing on every available media page at the mere mention of Biaf...
Face OduaArewanistan republic and leave Igbos alone.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by ezefrank87(m): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
logica:
Who is the Pharaoh holding you? Be gone!
be gone u said sir?how about doing a referendum for a startwhat about stopping the killing of peeps agitating to leave your wonderful landhow about putting up laws to ensure these so called fraudsters and bad people go??indeed there was a country
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Niyinficient(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
99xtr69r:

Deluded Yoruba fellow, it seems you're really hard in undestanding simple sentences. I stated and even made it bold that:

Yorubas should leave Igbos out of whatever that's troubling them. Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from the greedy and wicked Yorubas.

Copied and modified:

"After the civil war,

Has the Igbos ever risen up in arms against the Yoruba people?

Has the Igbos ever forcefully claimed Yoruba lands?

Has the Igbos ever killed Yoruba farmers?

Has the Igbos ever killed or abduct Yoruba Oba?

Another set of questions for your bigotic brain to ponder on...

Are the Igbos supposed to go knock on every Yoruba man's door every morning, greet, sweep, wash plate and cloths for them?

Are the Igbos supposed to be paying money to every Yoruba man they see on daily basis?

Are all the Igbos suppose to be poorer than all the Yorubas because they reside in Lagos?

Are the Igbos supposed to think like the Yorubas and vote only who the Yorubas voted for?

Don't the Igbo man have a mind of his own?"

You're pained that the Igbos would come into Lagos and out-compete Yorubas to your shame and chagrin. And now your unbridled greed led you to sell off your father's lands to the ever industrious Igbos and becoming tenants.

Igbos travel to Lagos to take advantage of Yoruba visionlessness, docility and gross ineptitude. About a century ago the Europeans competed amongst themselves in trooping to Africa.
That's business acumen and economic expansion at work!

It takes a determined and industrious people to leave their immediate environment and venture into a distant land and conquer it. A bunch of parasitic creatures would rather lazy around in their neighbourhood and depend on their parents for their survival. 

If you can't take it no more consider taking a walk to Ojota Motor park and board a bus back to your Oshogbo enclave!

Lagos and some other parts of Yorubaland in Nigeria are doing well because of the midal touch of Igboness.

We live in a global village that's why you see the Igbos, Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, Americans and Italians journey to Lagos to conquer the land.

Be weaned from your parents and try venturing out so you can compete with other people.

You lots claim Yorubas had empires that cut across Nigeria, Togo and Benin. Why are the Yorubas in these countries not outstanding to project the countries to limelight?

Stop whining, weeping and wailing on every available media page at the mere mention of Biaf...
Face OduaArewanistan republic and leave Igbos alone.

It will be stupid of me to follow ur footstep and exchange tribal tantrums wit you. For the respect and love i have for the real 'igbos' around me, I won't pay u back in your own coins. Your ignorance is well spelt out. Goodluck son.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by 99xtr69r: 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
Niyinficient:
It will be stupid of me to follow ur footstep and exchange tribal tantrums wit you. For the respect and love i have for the real 'igbos' around me, I won't pay u back in your own coins. Your ignorance is well spelt out. Goodluck son.

You had better refrain from displaying your silliness to me as Yorubas are wont to do albeit shamelessly and without manners.

What kind of deluded people think that bile-filled hatred is their way of displaying love and therefore expect Igbos to appreciate such evil? Never!

After committing your heinous crimes against Igbos you lots turn around to shout 'One Nigeria' to the same Igbos and Easterners you greedy parasites almost wiped out of existence in 1966-70. That's when Yorubas begin to mention the number of wonderful Igbos they have as friends and neighbours just to guarantee the continual flow of free crude oil wealth from East to the SW.
Arrant nonsense!

Your hypocrisy, greed and hatred cannot be masked.

Goodluck as you get focused on OduaArewanistan republic, uniting all your fellow murderous folks and parasites.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by logica(m): 7:17am On Jun 28, 2016
primus101:
You seem to have an open mind and willing to learn. I will advise you to read more on the REAL origins of the Nigerian Civil War.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by BankeSmalls(f): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
RoyalPriesthuud:
You guys talk trash. Ibadan is an ANCIENT city with a lot of old houses. You expect their government to remove the roofing sheets for them? But of course people like you have limited minds, the brown roofs has become something more symbolic of Imada and I'm sure the economy of your state's capital is not as big/good as that of Ibadan. Foolish minds, check Mumbai out, nonsense!

Who brown roof EPP?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Crowd Waiting At Tafawa Balewa Stadium To See Buhari. / Lagos Acquires Land In 3 States For Farming. To Link The SW States With Train. / Court Sacks Stella Ngwu And Dennis Nnmachi Agbo As Federal Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.