Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,742 members, 7,885,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! (39157 Views)

Living Faith Church Produces Bibles Worldwide (Video) / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Burning Shrines, Eating Bibles, Killing Christians And Other Issues - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

SMH!
THERE ARE A FEW SPECIES OF PENGUINS THAT CAN SURVIVE OUTSIDE THE ARTIC.

WHERE ELSE CAN THEY LIVE..?

THE REGION AROUND EQUATOR... THE PACIFIC OCEAN BECAUSE OF THE WIND, WATER, AND TEMPERATURE. ECUADOR, SOUTH OF SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA AND CO. AND THEY'RE VERY FEW IN NUMBER AROUND THIS REGION COMPARED TO THE SOUTH POLE REGION.

AND NOAH LIVED WHERE?

THOSE BEING'S CAN'T SURVIVE UP TO 2 HOURS OUTSIDE THEIR NATURAL HABITAT (OR ARTIFICIAL IF ANY AVAILABLE ) AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SPENDING A WHOLE 40DAYS WITH NOAH!
THOUGH THERE ARS SPECIES THAT CAN SURVIVE IN WARM PLACES BUT GEOGRAPHY DON'T TALK MUCH ABOUT THEM BECAUSE OF EXTINCTION.

YOU'VE CHANGED THE GAME PLAN HERE, ITS NOT ABOUT DEFENDING NOAH AND HIS FAMILY OR THE BIBLE STORIES,
ITS NOW ABOUT DEFENDING YOUR OWN ABUNDANT STUPID!TY!
YOU'VE GOT TO BE HONEST SOMETIMES. THERE'S NO WAY ALL THE ANIMALS WE HAVE TODAY WOULD HAVE MADE IT TO NOAH.
DIDN'T YOU ATTEND BIOLOGY CLASS IN SCHOOL?

WHAT ABOUT THE WORMS AND CENTIPEDES, AND OTHER LIVING THINGS LIKE THE NEMATODES?

WHAT ABOUT THE LICE AND TICKS, SO NOAH SERIOUSLY HAND PICKED ALL THESE TINY BUDDIES ALL BY HIMSELF, INCLUDING SCORPIONS AND BEES AND WASPS, SPIDERS AND BUGS?

AND THE KING COBRAS AND PYTHONS, AND ALL MANNER OF MAMBAS undecided

DON'T JUST GOOGLE ANY NONSENSE, FROM ANY NONSENSE SITE.
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN PENGUINS GET BOOKS ON THEM AND READ TO UNDERSTAND.
Why are penguins found only at the south end of the earth even tho there are lots or tundra and cold regions to the north you can't find penguins there.

And you cannot find polar bears to the south.

WHY?

It would have been far easier for the pengiuns to go north (towards siberia) than going south from Mesopotamia.

Common sense is indeed not common.

This is clear evidence that penguins evolved around the south pole. If the migrated, we would have had penguins towards the northpole
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by HardMirror(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

NO THE BIRDS THAT NOAH SENT OUT TO PICK THE OLIVE BRANCH ALSO HELPED TO TRANSPORT MOST OF THE ANIMALS TO THEIR VARIOUS HOMES AFTER THE FLOOD!
They spent over 4 months not 40 days
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by CAPSLOCKED: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:

AND THE DOVE FLEW FOR HOURS THE FIRST TIME IT WAS SENT OUT, AND DID PERCH ANYWHERE? DOVES THAT CANT FLY FOR A LONG TIME.
THE STORY IS EVEN BECOMING SHITTIER!

SO THE DOVE CIRCUMNAVIGATED THE WHOLE WORLD BUT CAME BACK EMPTY HANDED, FROM NOAH'S LAND TO AMERICA, TO AFRICA, EUROPE, ASIAN, TO AUSTRALIA... AND DIDN'T EVEN REST OR EAT AS EVERY WHERE WAS FLOODED. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HOURS IT TAKES FOR A PLANE TO GO FROM CHILE TO ADELAIDE? PLUS THE PLANE HAS TO STOP MIDWAY TO REFUEL!

KAI I THINK THIS NOAHS STORY IS THE LAMEST IN HISTORY. THE AUTHOR OF GENESIS WAS TOO BUSY SMOKING HIS GANJA HE HAD TO GIVE THIS PROJECT TO HIS 2 YEARS OLD SON!

3 Likes

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by nnofaith: 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

AND THE DOVE FLEW FOR HOURS THE FIRST TIME IT WAS SENT OUT, AND DID PERCH ANYWHERE? DOVES THAT CANT FLY FOR A LONG TIME.
THE STORY IS EVEN BECOMING SHITTIER!

SO THE DOVE CIRCUMNAVIGATED THE WHOLE WORLD BUT CAME BACK EMPTY HANDED, FROM NOAH'S LAND TO AMERICA, TO AFRICA, EUROPE, ASIAN, TO AUSTRALIA... AND DIDN'T EVEN REST OR EAT AS EVERY WHERE WAS FLOODED. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HOURS IT TAKES FOR A PLANE TO GO FROM CHILE TO ADELAIDE? PLUS THE PLANE HAS TO STOP MIDWAY TO REFUEL!

KAI I THINK THIS NOAHS STORY IS THE LAMEST IN HISTORY. THE AUTHOR OF GENESIS WAS TOO BUSY SMOKING HIS GANJA HE HAD TO GIVE THIS PROJECT TO HIS 2 YEARS OLD SON!
most of the stories in dem religious books are actually infantile and silly when closely scrutinized! narrate some of the stories to 7year old kids and ask if they believe its true, you will be supprissed. question is, why do adults believe those stories if kids dont?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by TrajansKong: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
nnofaith:
most of the stories in dem religious books are actually infantile and silly when closely scrutinized! narrate some of the stories to 7year old kids and ask if they believe its true, you will be supprissed. question is, why do adults believe those stories if kids dont?

One answer: FEAR!!!
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
@op just read ur 2nd post & realised ur brain is as shallow as a cup of water.. Do u really think d earth's topography is as d way it was thousands of years ago Mentioning mount everest was a very dumb thing. God is God go back to Genesis to grasp d truth satan doesnt want ur dumb ass 2 see. When u begin 2 comprehend d wonderful power of God come back & relate it with ur elementary science...God knws am a sinner but i knw God is real!
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
nnofaith:
if u don see things 4 life u go knw say life pass d physical & very hard to comprehend....u still dey play!
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by rawgame(m): 7:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

Yet u are using the works of Seun (nairaland) to communicate, u like iphone 6 abi apple was founded by an atheist (Steve Jobs), U are using the latest windows OS on ur laptop abi? did u know Bill Gate is an atheist?

Choose one throw ur bible away or throw away ur device

All those people you mentioned have never given me anything before. I doubt if they have given you as well. While I appreciate their contributions to the world I am also making my own contributions as other Christians all over the world. I have a lot to gain through my precious Holy Bible I ain't throwing It away never.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by TrajansKong: 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
dairykidd:
@op just read ur 2nd post & realised ur brain is as shallow as a cup of water.. Do u really think d earth's topography is as d way it was thousands of years ago Mentioning mount everest was a very dumb thing. God is God go back to Genesis to grasp d truth satan doesnt want ur dumb ass 2 see. When u begin 2 comprehend d wonderful power of God come back & relate it with ur elementary science...God knws am a sinner but i knw God is real!

dairykidd, please enlighten us about the OP's errors concerning Mount Everest.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
TrajansKong:

dairykidd, please enlighten us about the OP's errors concerning Mount Everest.
do ur research bro its extenive...starts with d earth's topography & do ur scientific calculus from there oga
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by TrajansKong: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
dairykidd:

do ur research bro its extenive...starts with d earth's topography & do ur scientific calculus from there oga

Sorry, my friend. I genuinely know nothing whatsoever of either topography or 'scientific calculus'. I have looked on the internet and briefly scanned the British Library's collections on the the mountain's history. I am lost. Please share your insights into Mount Everest in ways a layman might understand.

1 Like

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
TrajansKong:

Sorry, my friend. I genuinely know nothing whatsoever of either topography or 'scientific calculus'. I have looked on the internet and briefly scanned the British Library's collections on the the mountain's history. I am lost. Please share your insights into Mount Everest in ways a layman might understand.
bros its nothing..i have 1k & 1 ways around d internet but lets make it much later am engaged right nw pls
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
TrajansKong:

study Hypsometry & ur Genesis
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Tipsterwaxxxzy: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
Op am glad you quite familiar with your maths, physics, geography and all relevant science subject which has in one way or the other bolster your knowledge on this particular Bible story and many other stories you may not share.

Firstly The Bible from Genesis - Revelation was never written based on Logic and scientific interpretation/inspiration. If it were I would have said O! the author made simple mathematical errors or Logical errors. Your Research and analysis is one that is grossly disjointed from the Biblical story.
I'll elaborate a little bit science and logic have basic and dynamic principles, Laws and precepts that conforms with all other scientific results deduced from research,Logic solves our everyday complications and problems. Science tells you two molecules of Hydrogen mixed with one molecules of oxygen give you water i.e thirty molecules of of Hydrogen and one molecules of oxygen will never give you water!!!
Now Scientific Research usually pose two null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis I'll advice you read more on that.
You may ask what then is the Bible written Based on?? Since its not logic or Sci. I'll refer you back to the Bible the author of that book is Moses, based on inspiration from God! Some Bible scholars believe he must have heard the story, but the Bible clearly tells us it is based on inspiration from God. Which is a leave it or take it thing. In no way has Christianity forced anyone to believe what is been written in it's books. Mind you Jesus said blessed are those that do not see but believe!
Your analysis may (may because you don't seem to understand your hypothesis as earlier mentioned) suit scientific research n Logical exams questions but will never suit biblical standards! And here is what the "Bible say about people like you my people perish because of lack of understanding the same Bible you think you're smarter than has proven you to be ill-smart "
Thank you for reading through..... God bless you

Errors in typing should be forgiven
HardMirror:

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Tipsterwaxxxzy: 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
Op am glad you quite familiar with your maths, physics, geography and all relevant science subject which has in one way or the other bolster your knowledge on this particular Bible story and many other stories you may not share.

Firstly The Bible from Genesis - Revelation was never written based on Logic and scientific interpretation/inspiration. If it were I would have said O! the author made simple mathematical errors or Logical errors. Your Research and analysis is one that is grossly disjointed from the Biblical story.
I'll elaborate a little bit science and logic have basic and dynamic principles, Laws and precepts that conforms with all other scientific results deduced from research,Logic solves our everyday complications and problems. Science tells you two molecules of Hydrogen mixed with one molecules of oxygen give you water i.e thirty molecules of of Hydrogen and one molecules of oxygen will never give you water!!!
Now Scientific Research usually pose two types of hypothesis null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis I'll advice you read more on that.
You may ask what then is the Bible written Based on?? Since its not logic or Sci. I'll refer you back to the Bible the author of that book is Moses, based on inspiration from God! Some Bible scholars believe he must have heard the story, but the Bible clearly tells us it is based on inspiration from God. Which is a leave it or take it thing. In no way has Christianity forced anyone to believe what is been written in it's books. Mind you Jesus said blessed are those that do not see but believe!
Your analysis may (may because you don't seem to understand your hypothesis as earlier mentioned) suit scientific research n Logical exams questions but will never suit biblical standards! And here is what the "Bible say about people like you my people perish because of lack of understanding the same Bible you think you're smarter than has proven you to be ill-smart "
Thank you for reading through..... God bless you

Errors in typing should be forgiven
HardMirror:

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
I read this from beginning to end I just laughed at some posts, comments and counter comments.

Op believe in what he knows which is a product of what he has learnt. Bravo!

Many are learning and will soon duplicate OP, hahahaha. We are all what we know. Op is giving birth to children.

For Christians that defended God and the bible, sorry ooo. Spiritual things are not defendable, either from God or devil because they are spiritually interpreted. Bible is a spiritual book meant for spiritual people. Make I stop here before person go quote me lol.

Satan met Jesus and challenged him,"if your the son of God turn this stone to bread". If na the Jesus wey rock Nazareth with miracle wetin be this one na. But the fact remain, we prove nothing to no body.

Only the ignorant offer proves to claim a superior position among their peer.

2 Likes

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by ValentineMary(m): 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
rawgame:

All those people you mentioned have never given me anything before. I doubt if they have given you as well. While I appreciate their contributions to the world I am also making my own contributions as other Christians all over the world. I have a lot to gain through my precious Holy Bible I ain't throwing It away never.
This contradicts the bible quote u gave earlier that none of their works are good.

And moreover millions of Africans have benefited from Bill Gates philanthropic nature as he strives in end malaria in the world.

2 Likes

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
ValentineMary:
Funny enough I discussed with someone on Noah's story today and the conversation went thus

Me: Naoh story is a hoax. How did polar bears and kangaroo go all the way to Isreal to board a ship?

theist: Kangaroos were not existing then

me: But the oldest kangaroo bones are about 25 million years

Theist: Um..... the flood only happened in Isreal

Me: But the bible said it was a global flood

Theist:

Lol. Reminds me of this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1231330/funny-questions-nigerian-christians-ask#14842343
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by rawgame(m): 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

This contradicts the bible quote u gave earlier that none of their works are good.

And moreover millions of Africans have benefited from Bill Gates philanthropic nature as he strives in end malaria in the world.

Nay, it doesn't. My guy, there are earthly realities as well as heavenly realities. One's contribution to the earth and God's Kingdom are accounted for differently.

If someone blasphemes God, it doesn't mean the person can't make a furniture. You see, different inputs. I hope you understand?
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Image123(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:
As proven above, there would be a need of 4.5 billion cubic kilometers of water, that is about 4,500,000,000,000,000,000 liters of water

QUESTION 2
where did this water come from?

Oh! The bible gave us the answer, so let's check the where God got all this water from.

Genesis 7:11-12 "11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

This is very very interesting lol. So from the earth springs and rain 4.5billion Cubic kilometers of water fell all within 40 days. Lol

Now good science students and mathematics savies will already see why this is ridiculous.

Above is the proportion of water to earth of the whole earth. (This information is from the united states geological website)
Yes 71% of the surface of the earth is covered by water it does not equal to 71% of the Volume of the earth.

It is just like buying bread that is wrapped in nylon. 100% of the bread is covered, But that nylon cover is ONLY about 2% of the volume of the bread. Got it?

Wrong. Your nylon/paperbag covers your bread just fine, the whole volume and area is covered. It has nothing to do with the weight of the bread or earth. No need to know all these strange calculations to figure out something so plain that you missed it.

In actual fact, the earth only has a total of 1.3billion cubic kilometers of water when water in the atmosphere, seas, oceans, rivers, lakes, ice-bergs etc are all added up. So where did 4.5 billion extra come from?

[b] what this reveals

This reveals that the story was fabricated by the inventors of the story. They must have observed the amount of water all around, looking at the ocean and mediterean sea and fantasizing that that volume of water must be so great it can cover all mountains.

We are just getting started... Stay tuned

Nobody talked about any 4.5 billion or any other figure but YOU. Stop beating yourself. You bring up a figure all by yourself, and say it is impossible all by yourself.
What this reveals is your ignorance of real science. Science in itself says that the earth has been covered wit water in the past. There is also a period referred to as the Ice Age, a period said to be many million years ago. The point here is that you are wrong to think that it is so impossible for the earth to be filled with water, based on calculations pulled out of your idle pockets.

1 Like

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Image123(m): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:
The problem is we don't think, we just believe even before reading.

Before reading the bible you mind is already set to believe that what you are about to read is the word of God.

Speak for yourself. If you do not think, there are many others who do. Nobody asked you not to think, the Bible itself encourages good thoughts and meditation.

Truth is ALWAYS truth and will pass all scrutiny excellently

Note that the bible did not say God created extra water. The author must have thought that the sky must be filled with so much water that simply saying it rained for 40 days straight would mean the whole earth would be covered.

That is a whole one month and 10 days all around the world.

What you missed out is that the Bible said the below.
Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

This is nothing strange to true science, the possibility of water overflowing its BOUNDARIES. A whole city can be so easily flooded and we see that from time to time. There are at least four science inclined thoughts that support possibility of such magnitude of flooding. You will do well to update your poor knowledge of things.
1. The Ice Age.
2. Precipitation and formation of most rocks were said to have been done in water i.e those exposed rocks you see were once under water according to science.
3. The presence of fauna and flora fossils buried in rocks is explained by science to floods high enough to cover such mountains.
4. Many volcanic rocks, which are usually the highest rocks above sea level, were said to have been formed under very cool conditions, which is usually attributed to under water.

Very obvious this was written because the author experienced some days rain and his town got flooded then he must have imagined what 4days and 40 nights rain would cause. So he concluded it would cover all mountains
But there is simply not enough water to achieve this.

INFACT if all the icebergs melted and all water unleashed, geologists say it would only be 61meters above the current sea level.
Most Bible scholars think that there was no rain before the Noah flood. While i am not of the same thought, at least it is fair to say that they were not thinking about previous rain or flood. Who or where did the so called geologists give you this scenario, pray tell us mr research?

So why not take a moment and think about this.

Was the bible really from God? With no lies? Can it survive scrutiny as all truth should?

Have you been deceived?

Next I will be talking about the animals
It was the amiable and amazing G.K Chesterton that said those who have tried to bury the Bible only find out that the Bible rises up to outlive its pallbearers. If Jesus tarries and you refuse to return to the Saviour, you can rest assured already, the Bible and the faith will outlive you. Others have tried it for centuries, you are not the first or the last. One fellow wrote that God is dead, we all know that he died a mad man. My prayer for all of you is that you outgrow your youthful delinquencies.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:
The Ridiculous number of animals noah had to save
Noah was to save all the animals on earth.
It is estimated that there are over 7.7 million animal species on earth!

i'm interested in you telling everyone the source of this data/statistic. i tried finding it but to no avail unfortunately, kindly help me and your fellow atheists that believed all you said by wasted faith.

Insects alone accounts for about 950,000 of this
Let's take the average weight of an insect to be 10 grammes, that is about 9,500kg and they were taken male and female so that is multiplied by 2 which give 19,000. That is 19tonnes for insects only.
At least 1,900,000 insects were in the ark.
There are 12,000 different species of ants alone!

Heaviest specie of cockroach which is a rare specie is about 30g. Most insects are far lighter and smaller than the roach. i understand your dishonesty though, i've been there when i was a sinner. BTW, there were not as many species of insects as we have today then. i hope that you know that at least.

Over 1,100 different types of rodents ; rats, mice, chimpmunks, rabbits etc
So at least 2,200 rodents were on board

There are 5 species of elephants
So at least 10 elephants were on board

There are over 50 types of goat and sheeps

The list goes on and on

So in the end 7.7 million species on the ark

Unclean animals must be in twos

All birds must be in 7pairs (14 birds)

All clean animals must be in 7 pairs (14 animals)

So this means the number of animals on board must have been over 20 million or even as much as 40 million!!!!

PLease how would 20 million animals breath inside the ark? What will they eat? What happens to their urine and feaces ?

Same point applies to all these. Only the human family of eight produced the diversity we see today, much more insects and animals that breed more.
One other thing to note about the whole Noah and the Ark study is that Noah lived during the time of the first man Adam. Those were days when men still lived up to 600years old. They had the winding down or downtrend of awesome intelligence. It is in our days that intelligence has begun to pick and peak again, even as the Bible prophecied that knowledge shall increase in the last time. Adam had awesome, overgenius intelligence. There was a man who was able to manage and keep the size of Eden in a paradisic state and with ability to replenish the earth with same. Also at that period, the Bible records that some angels came and lived on earth. Such great level of shared intelligence easily explains how advanced they were before the flood. Therefore ability to provide for feeding or taking care of excretion isn't rocket science. Noah had over a century to prepare. Also note that the size of the ark must have been quite massive. Here is a structure that the Bible says was two times higher than the highest mountain.
Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
Gen 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Whatever measure they used to calculate cubit, which obviously is different from what we may use today, fifteen cubits was higher than the mountains, and the height of the ark was thirty cubits. So it was a very very very big ark. Also note that no fish was in the ark, it was earth animals.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Image123(m): 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:
PENGUINS
[img]http://www.animalia-life.com/image.php?pic=/data_images/penguin/penguin7.jpg[/img]

Penguins are ONLY found in icy regions of the southernmost parts of the earth. Such as Antarctica, southern africa and america and very cold icy islands around this regions.

PLEASE how did Two penguins walk across Africa and the great hot deserts along the way toward mesopotamia where Noah's ark was?

Then after the flood how did they walk back?

Penguins can't fly and only eat fish

What fish were they eating on the journey?

Think...
When you read of obatala and the greek gods, you lAugh at how ridiculous the stories are. Take a moment to think about the origin of the bible and what you hold as truth, how different is it from tales of other religions you laugh at?

Here again, you display your ignorance boldly on the www. Penguins are aquatic animals. They can survive well in water, they did not need to be in the ark. Also, i tend to reason that snow would have been what was falling at their end, and many of those continents did not necessarily have to make the trip if men were not yet migrated there. The colored is my opinion though.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:
THE ARK!
HOW BIG WAS IT?
Could it take 20 million animals of which only about 2 million where insects?

The dimensions of the ark can be found in Genesis 6: 14-15

It wAs 300cubits long = 450ft

50 cubits wide = 75 ft

And 30 cubits high = 45 ft

Floor space is gotten by multiplying LENGTH X Width
= 450 X 75 = 33,750 sq foot of space

Wait a minute!

There was even more space than that! The ark was divided into 3 levels. This will increase floor space
So that is 33,750sq ft X 3 = 101,250 sq foot of space. For animals to stand.

Please how will 20Million animals stand within this small space?

That is 0.005sq ft to each animal!

Ok ok let me help God a little, the insects can hang on the walls all through the trip
So what is the area of the walls?

Side walls will be length X height =450 x 45
= 20,250 sq ft
There will be 2 sides so that is 20,250 X 2

= 40,500 sq ft

Then we have the front and back walls
Which is Width X Height = 75 X 45
3,375 sq ft

Times 2 (for front and back)

3,375 X 2 = 6,750sq foot

So let use see the surface area we can make use of in total
That is

101,250 + 40,500 + 6,750 = 148,500 sq foot of surface area including the walls for the insects to hang on

Ohhhhhhh no!

Noah must have used the roofs too!
Ok the area of each roof was 33,750 and there were 3 roofs
So that is another 101,250 sq ft extra!

HURRAY!!! We are getting more space!

So total area we can use including the 3 floors, 4 walls, and 3 roofs (ignoring the thickness of the timber Noah used and how much space the timber used for bracing the ark must have taken)
We have TOTAL SPACE of 249,750 sq ft

This space divided by 20 million occupants

Each animal gets 0.013 sq ft of space

HOW SMALL IS THIS?

This is a mere 3.9 mm by 3.9 mm! For each animal even after using all the space in the ark including the walls and roof!

That space is even too small for a common house fly.

So the ark was more packed than a can of sardines!

This ignorance has already been explained in this post. The ark is said to be two times higher/taller than the highest mountain. Also, those number of species remain a fabrication of an inebriated mind. Not forgetting the fact that today's number of species are more than the number of species that existed 300years ago. This is basic science i thought.

Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
Gen 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by urahara(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Lol. Reminds me of this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1231330/funny-questions-nigerian-christians-ask#14842343

Lol Mo fo o.

Fantastic thread.

This must be your handwork
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Anas09: 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
johnydon22:

Rain powerful enough to achieve this in 40 days would at least be gushing at every point with the power of not less than 8 fire water hose of incredible pressure in every drop.

such pressure is enough to melt any stone structure ever built like wax talk more of a wooden boat.

That is a remarkable pointer to the naivete of the primitive minds involved in the drafting of these myths.

Though it's a very colourful, entertaining, eloquent and finely done work of literature.
Hahahahahahahaha intelligent, but not so intelligent when it comes to godliness.
Little humans, with their little brains, trying to fathom the Most High.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by johnydon22(m): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahaha intelligent, but not so intelligent when it comes to godliness.
Little humans, with their little brains, trying to fathom the Most High.

It is hilariously ironic that it's always the same people who say the most high cannot be fathomed comes back to tell you what the most high thinks, wants and likes..

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Anas09: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
SenatePresdo:
So if science and fact can't confirm the credibility 'Noah's ark' that means it should make me throw away my bible?
funny.

Science is interesting, but we should be wary of when we take its above limit.
Science is still very tender regarding the ratio of the known to the unknown
In-as-much as I found it difficult to find convincing reasons to believe the Noah's flood actually happened, even before this thread was created,
It still does not mean that
It really never happened. Because it might not be like a day-to-day flood we experience now.
That kinda flood might be supernaturally caused since the motive of destroying the earth then, was from a supernatural being. So everything about that flood was supernatural and since science has not be able to grasp some of the smallest explanation of supernatural event that
Is happening in this present day,
How can it explain the ones that happened centuries ago.
Of some supernatural events.

Science is still pondering on how to make teleporting a reality, but it has been a reality many centuries ago!
Science is still in its infantry, and anybody that takes it as standard for explaining how the universe works is also an infant.

I wonder how people take science as a standard for explanations, even when they haven't had a manned mission to venus that has been visited by occult/psychics centuries ago.

I can't continue, if you take science as an absolute means of finding the truth, good.
But know it that science is still very young.... Christians be sensitive. God be with you.
God bless you sir. I for one know these folks. They are doing their part, working for a greater purpose. All their atheism is against Christianity, that explains alot to any sensitive mind.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Anas09: 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
sonofthunder:

the Sumerian lies you mean?
My dear, have you seen an atheist who disbelievers the God of Abraham, but believes the Sumarian god's? He is son faxeted with the Sumarian deities. grin
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Anas09: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
johnydon22:

It is hilariously ironic that it's always the same people who say the most high cannot be fathomed comes back to tell you what the most high thinks, wants and likes..
And He thinks with senses of men like you?
You know, you guys claim you are so smart, then I read your Posts, and wonder why you all reason like kids.

Johnydon22, have you ever sat down to ask yourself why you guys can't have peace as long as the Christian God is still around?
You guys don't worry, a time will come, you'll have the stage, you guys will do as you please. I pray with all my heart that you guys, all in this generation will be alive and rule with your master, albeit, so briefly.
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by ValentineMary(m): 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
rawgame:

Nay, it doesn't. My guy, there are earthly realities as well as heavenly realities. One's contribution to the earth and God's Kingdom are accounted for differently.

If someone blasphemes God, it doesn't mean the person can't make a furniture. You see, different inputs. I hope you understand?
This is really funny. Xtians love to fine tune the bible to fit their current position. Are u saying that the wororks of non believers is evil in heaven? or that God would call them foolish on the last day for not believing polar bears board Noah's ship
Re: NOAH: This Information Will Make Smart People Throw Their Bibles Away! by Image123(m): 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
HardMirror:
[size=20pt] Reason why the Fabricators of Noah's flood story made the ark size mistake [/size]

They lived in a very primitive time. So-

1. The dimension of 450ft by 75 ft by 45 feet seems very large to them in those days. INFACT the ark of noah is still longer than any modern day ship. So yeah it was a big dimension!
If only they knew it was not still big enough!

2. The story fabricators never imagined there were so many animals around the world. They must have thought it was only the animals in their locality that existed. So it was convenient to say all the animals entered noah's ark.

3. The authors never knew how much water was in the sky, it is just the way people claimed sango is the God of thunder. Yet today over 99% of yorubas have stopped worshiping sango and he has not been able to fight us. Why? Technology. There are lightening arrestors now. Even an airplane can fly through a lightening and nothing will happen to the occupants. So it was easy in the dark ages to cook up fantasies and myths and people believed easily

What is shocking is how many dumb people still exists today! That stories that were told to totally ignorant illiterates still gets the applause and homage of many today.

4. It is very possible there was a great local flood in mesopotemia and that was the origin of this myth.

The only person making a mistake here is you. You presume and assume ignorantly that things are the same today as they were yesterday. Also, you mistake the measurements of over 3000years ago to be the same with your tape rule, duh. Where are you from? Do you think ISO existed in those days. Your simple answer is in the passage that you claimed to have studied and thought deeply about. Here it is again, Selah until you get it. If you do not get it, Selah yet again. If you still do not get it, i need to lay hands on you, you probably need a real brain then.

The mountains were covered by their measurement of fifteen cubits. i'll go a little bit more kindergaten for those who the devourer has messed up their brains totally. The value of money over 3000years ago is not the same value today. What they called bread then is not what we call bread now. Even what they called then is not the same composition as what we call salt now. Their CONTEXT has to be taken into consideration before jumping into conclusions like the sorry fellow called HardMirror.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Prophecies For 2019 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye! / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! / How, Why Founder Of Rccg Woke Up From The Dead The First Time

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.