Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,126 members, 7,907,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (31727 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2007
queen2:

I enjoy this thraed, but i aint contribudting, i don't want wahala

@Queen,
Hey, c'mon,,,,,you can't just enjoy it and not 'drop something' grin Let's have a female perspective on the 'scientific research' posted by a 'jammat' that the 'male beard is a secondary sexual organ' and that plenty bushy 'mujemu' indicates sexual prowess!!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2007
. . . and that each drop of water from the body after ablution is each sin dropping off the soul according to the "ground breaking" research carried out by elder professor Olabowale
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Not again oh you guys don come again?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2007
*la ta ta khalam*
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 1:22am On Jan 04, 2007
mukina2:

*la ta ta khalam*

@Mukina,
Well, I dont know what you meant by the above quote, but whatever it means I have unshakable confidence in the name and blood of Jesus Christ; because It is written in Isaiah 59:19 that ",,,,,,,,,When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him." So, I say back to the sender by fire!

How many times will we tell you that English is the official language on this forum!! tongue grin Take time o!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 04, 2007
mukina2:

*la ta ta khalam*

Back to Sender in Saudi! grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 10:25am On Jan 04, 2007
hei hei Muki,
mukina2:

*la ta ta khalam*

Stop this quotations by you oh! Tell us does growing beards increases a man's sexual prowess as stipulated by Hajj Olabowale the title holder to the liberty Stadium!?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2007
*wa ta khu lor*
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2007
abeg i wonder also why some of them just keep it to be so long.i guess so of them don't actually look into the mirror to see and know that they look like he goats. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2007
I wonder how they eat okra and ogbono soups without bathing the beard in the process.
Heavily bearded men look so unkempt and downright dirty.

Please can lice live in beards too?Osama's beard looks lice infested lol
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2007
. . . every drop of soup that falls off the beard is one large sin dropping off the soul of the imam!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2007
you no go kill me with laughter davidylan.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2007
HAha shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You mean they now use soup for the ablution of their sins?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

OMG!!!!
This is serious!!!!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2007
No wonder they are well noted for the shipping down of tomatoes, pepper, onions and their ingredients from the North.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2007
other allahs injunctions.

Book 002, Number 0495:

Abu Huraira reported: Five are the acts quite akin to the Fitra, or five are the acts of Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubes, cutting the nails, plucking the hair under the armpits and clipping the moustache.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by m4malik(m): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2007
Ehn. . . wetin I hear  shocked  shocked

A big and hearty congrats, Babyosisi!! May your expectations in married life be continually fulfilled! I just heard the news - what a way to enter 2007.

I beg, una no go mind me digressing, abi?

Back to . . . ahem!! This long beards and science - is that the next level in research now?? Where's uncle Olabowale?? Which Islamic scholar put this idea in your mind?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2007
As a sexual tool, the efficacy of the beard in improving the sexual profligacy of "comparative religion scholars" is further enhanced by soiling with soup. Such enhancement is critical in enabling such "scholars" develop sexual urges on merely hearing the sounds of a woman's shoes.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2007
Thanks dear m4malik God is good.

continuing on the topic of mustache growing and crotch shaving as recommended by allah.

Anas reported: A time limit has been prescribed for us for clipping the moustache, cutting the nails, plucking hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes, that it should not be neglected far more than forty nights.

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Ten are the acts according to fitra: clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one's private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2007
cleaning one's private parts with water.

Emm. Just wondering. Are the women also allowed to use sand in a situation where water is not available? Or is this the exclusive preserve of the men?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2007
The whole Islamic thing gets stickier by the minute.
please show us a quotation about the sand for ablution and I shall not look at the sand in Kano and Gombe with the same eyes.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2007
just wondering, can we brush our teeth with sand too?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2007
just wondering, can we brush our teeth with sand too?

Only if you do not plan to eat garri afterwards.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2007
did not the "prophet" indicate that sand could be an even more hygeinic substitute for water?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2007
mockery
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2007
Lol Lol. . . Jesus Christ won't be ridiculing another religion, are we supposed to Christians? tongue
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by m4malik(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2007
mukina2:

mockery

mukina2, no vex. Bad boys - all of them!! tongue tongue

Trust me, they won't mind me calling them bad boys, even though I am now one of their brothers.

So, tell me: do you subscribe to the ground-breaking scientific research of uncle Olabowale's long beard thesis? As long as he hasn't produced his formulas for that, it would only continue to leave 'us rascals' wondering who the real mockers are. See what zeal without knowledge does - long beard and science??

Anyway, Happy New Year.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2007
@donzman no .they'll ridicule all they want . .let them go on

la ta ta khalam
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2007
mukina2:

@donzman no .they'll ridicule all they want . .let them go on

la ta ta khalam

do you call that ridicule? what of the christian threads your brethren keep coming on to tell us we have "deviated" from the topic despite all the numerous answers they've been given all because the answers do not suit their selfish and demonic agendas.

Who is ridiculing who? Your "prophet" who is confused on whether men should keep their beards or not, Olabowale who says beards are a sexual organ and Belloti who claims the drops of water off the imam's body after ablution are his sins falling off?
Who is the more ridiculous here? You who understand zilch about this issue besides copying and pasting another man's confusion?

Can someone pls give us a reasonable answer to this thread beyond the foolish and incredulous responses we've been treated to so far?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2007
how can you expect answers .
when you all are waitn for someone to say smething and you all come out with ur knives to butcher?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by m4malik(m): 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2007
Haba, mukina2. . . you're disappointing me. Who shows up with knives when non-muslims say something worthwhile? Haven't we had enough evidence that your claim is just so descriptive of your brethren?

Even now, ridicule aside, how did Olabowale and Belloti arrive at their scientific theories about the long beard and drops of water?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2007
i have said my piece . .
thats the fact . .
why do you think almost all the active muslims dnt come back?
youre all waiting to devour us .when we say something . .
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by m4malik(m): 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2007
I suspect that the only reason why all the active muslims haven't come back is because they have no answers to the theories they propound.

Muslims (not all of them) who use the Forum have said some very unfair things about others as well - if you only take the time to read through. However, do I suspect that one reason you as an active muslim is still here is because you're not one of those propounding theories you can't defend? That makes more sense than connecting some imaginary dots between 'long beards' and 'drops of water' to 'science', doesn't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.