Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,735 members, 7,898,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times (37113 Views)

8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by oglalasioux(m): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
It's 1984 all over again. I was just 5 years old back then but everyone received it hard. I pray armed robbery doesn't go sky high like it did back then.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
Adedolapo1406:
Proverb 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. I regret my support for this illiterate man.

You didn't read the history books wella.

Now we all are gonna pay for the stupidity of the majority - a very big demerit of democracy.

SeverusSnape. Here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
uwagimboo:
Nairaland never fails you, to ve just stumbled on this..
For some hours now, I have just sat nd lost in my world pondering how I will cope with the Just 100 naira left with me.

One, it cant even take me to church morrow talkless offering, luckily I ve where to eat free tomorrow.

U might ve been made to believe that those complaining re wailers but I must tell you of a truth, THERE IS HUNGER IN NIGERIA NOW.

That's very serious.

The hunger is hitting everyone, wailer or hailer.

4 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

You didn't read the history books wella.

Now we all are gonna pay for the stupidity of the majority - a very big demerit of democracy.

Severus/Snape. Here.
grin I've seen countless denunciations just today.

The scam is real sir. grin

I like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
grin I've seen countless denunciations just today.

The scam is real sir. grin

I like this.

Hahaha. Hunger is nature's cure for foolishness and zombiesm.

The scam is indeed real.

3 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by southpole: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Yes, we should have saved....but that won't have helped much.

You mentioned Saudi Arabia. FYI.....Saudi has spent $150 bn out of its savings since 2014.....on buffering their economy. That has caused a lot of panicking in the country. Sure they have $600Bn....but still.

If Nigeria had saved like Jonny the Miser....we would have had at most $100 billion in our savings by 2014 ending.....over half of which would have been gone by now.(And it won't be because of corruption or looting.).

All in all.....Nigeria should not be depending on revenue from oil....or agric or mining. We should be depending on innovation, innovation, innovation.
Yes Nigeria should have diversified her economy and also embrace innovation in different fields especially when things were better but lack of these by previous leaders is what has taken us to these present situation but to put all blames on a govt that has just spent only one year in office as some want us to believe is not rational.

But I think we are beginning to get it right as majority believe that everyone has a stake in this journey, like where I live in Abuja all pieces of land that were inhabited by grasses have been turned to food gardens and farm lands and people without farmlands are engaged in one thing or another to support the government and the stories in many states are the same.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by passionate88: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
otokx:
Tell Nigerians to have 1 birth per family they will not agree yet they go about shouting Buhari no money.

Mr. Otokx the birth rate is not an excuse there's hunger in the land and it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH BIRTH RATE

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

Hahaha. Hunger is nature's cure for foolishness and zombiesm.

The scam is indeed real.
Gbam!... cool

May the hunger epidemic not reach our abode.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Gbam!... cool

May the hunger epidemic not reach our abode.

Unfortunately it will get to us. As it bites on our friends and relatives, we get to feel the heat. I'm already feeling the heat. A couple of mine guys have lost their jobs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by hahn(m): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

Unfortunately it will get to us. As it bites on our friends and relatives, we get to feel the heat. I'm already feeling the heat. A couple of mine guys have lost their jobs.

Apparently, we are all in it. sad

But it is also the perfect time to exploit the situation wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

Unfortunately, you're very right. One way or the other, it gets to us.

Sorry about the job loss of your friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
hahn:

Apparently, we are all in it. sad

But it is also the perfect time to exploit the situation wink

Sure some smart folks will exploit the situation but the vast majority of us won't.

Longest time sir.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Unfortunately, you're very right. One way or the other, it gets to us.

Sorry about the job loss of your friends.

They weren't prepared enough for such a shocking loss.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by SeverusSnape(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

They weren't prepared enough for such a shocking loss.
Too bad.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by DanielPop(m): 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
So you are cursing now? U didn't know when u voted for "change" abi?
Seenyo:
...& the self-serving daura demon i voted/canvassed votes for DON'T GIVE A DAMN!...Buhari, cursed was the day i voted you & your heartless cohorts!

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by DanielPop(m): 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
Which truth? Abeg comot for here! undecided
southpole:

I am not surprise because people like you cannot withstand truth.

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by mikolo80: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I implore everyone here to take his/her time to read this article... Then you'll know that Nigerians are really suffering in this Buhari regime. I mean, mind blowing hardship is in the land. But his online zombies are here saying trash and blaming the dullardeen's incompetence on his predecessor.

Next time, When you hear "change", Ask if it's positive or negative.
if I say they should go and farm I'm very sure is insult that will follow.
Is it by force to live in the city or do white collar job?
Land is wasting from Lagos to Kano and ppl CHOOSE to suffer and scam
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by damon222: 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
permanentgrace:

I had read the entire article and i was not expecting anybody to support this evil act solely instituted by Buhari administration against humbled Nigerians. Is it that you are blind or not just sensitive to people's plight? A reknown newspaper house like punch made an on-hand experienced reports on hardship people are passing through all over the country and you are here trying to defend an iddiot president who does not even know a fool like you exists. I would've suggested you go buy sense from the market if it's sold there cos you obviously dont have one. Dont quote me. I can never wish to know an iddiot like you. Unam Ikot.

@topic, we have all seen the unfortunate situation Buhari has thrown us into. And he seems not to even be worried over the hardship on people in the land. The iddiotic president who came into power through deceit still feels ok, flying up and down globally not minding the true situation the citizens are exposed to. Why wont the price of everything in the market skyrocket when wrong economic policies are put in place? If a man whom i know was a very successful importer is now resorting to selling his properties to attend to family needs, then the economy is really biting hard. Those who are not working depended on the few ones in the family who were working. Now those ones have been fired and the entire family thrown into untold hardship. God, in whatever way we had offended you, forgive us and kill Buhari for us for the sake of the other 170m nigerians. Thank You Father for we know You have answered our prayers...amen.
I have said it before in this forum about a dream from a co pensioner that towatd the end of July some Nigerians will barely eat and that I should work on increasing whatever I have. As a result I increased by plaintain form and also increase my poltary. Just take a look our our country today. It is not joking matter. How do we wait till another three years? How do we survive this hardship?

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by damon222: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
I remember when I posted in this forum when co pensioner dream and call me in the morning that toward the end of July some Nigerian will barely eat and that I should work hard to increase my source of livelihold. As a result I increased my plaintain form, also increased the number of birds in my poltary. Do you people remember that post?
Banks are now dropping workers. What is remaining again? We are in agreat danger. I believe in God Almighty.
Apc told lies against pdp and took power.....

3 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
I've been short-changed!..even joe was never an option for me, i should have rather wasted my vote on kowa or any other party.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by uwagimboo: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

That's very serious.

Have replied the mail...
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by uwagimboo: 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
dearpreye:

That's very serious.

I Have replied the mail...
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by excess4luv: 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
1freshdude:

To expect half of what you listed to materialise within a year of taking over PDPs decay oozing Nigeria is to be very gullible.

funny enough you are still blaming past government for Buhari's incapacitation.
Till now I'm yet to see the road map to any of the things I listed above, therefore he remains confused as to handle a country like Nigeria not even at this time

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by Magicc: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
Do you know so much? How much per barrel of Oil is required to break even in Nigeria?

Quakertellicus1:

It is incorrect to say that oil prices were as low as 50 dollars during GEJ's time in office.....they were always higher than $80 and from 2011-14 were never below $100 per barrel.Buhari met oil at 70-60 dollars....and it went down to below 30 dollars for severalmonths....before it rose to 50 dollars.

Even at 50 dollars.....Nigeria needs oil to be at 123 dollars per barrel to balance the books. It was around that level for most of GEJ;s regime...that is why we were able to stay ''rich''

(And by the way, zombies do not exist. Stop watching those American B-movies. Can be bad for the ocular health and all that).

One other thing about oil (resource) dependency.....you keep spending money....even during times of plenty. To the point that you even take the loans like a sinking man both before and after the oil prices drop.

My point is.....Nigeria is not a rich nation....and our leaders, APC or PDP better face this fact by getting us off oil.

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by themanderon: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2016
Nigerians have not seen anything yet, its still remaining 3yrs so fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. Shebi una want change? strange the shouts of saibaba has suddenly vanished.

2 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by cococandy(f): 6:19am On Jul 03, 2016
This really breaks my heart. cry

3 Likes

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by damon222: 6:49am On Jul 03, 2016
Proffdada:
with this whole missive of incoherence you fail to realise one thing: the economy is bad because some people moved our wealth to foreign accounts in time of plenty when the monies should have gone into future investments that would have sustained the youths of today. Instead of blaming, we're to find solutions
That defence of incompentence is wrong. When GEJ left, if Buhari and his team were good managers, they would have continued from where he took over. Assuming if GEJ conrrupt government, according to you, left when the economy was 30% only, a competent group or governmenr should have managed it. Buhari refused to leave apc members, and patronised prematured Adeosun and many incompetent apc members and now the economy had degenerated to the extend where banks are dropping workers. It means we are finished when banks are finished

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by damon222: 6:53am On Jul 03, 2016
themanderon:
Nigerians have not seen anything yet, its still remaining 3yrs so fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. Shebi una want change? strange the shouts of saibaba has suddenly vanished.
The worse is, non of his ministers know their left from right. No one is even talking other than Fashola who was in Channel talking and defending apc's incompentence like prematured yam.

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by javispj(m): 7:08am On Jul 03, 2016
1freshdude:

grin grin
The thing vex you differently...no go thief your neighbour MaiMai for fire o...you fit no survive am o.
men na 5k I dey give my GF make she take cook food make go take us for 3day minimum.. since buhari enter na so so complain she dey make,me come vex break up wit am,thinking say she too like money.when me enter market yesterday with the same 5k..I find out say the girl no lie..u see way tin buhari cus. now I dey call her, she no gree pick my calls,send me text say I dey disturb am.be like say she Don see who dey give am hire money..

1 Like

Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by clickwtB(m): 7:09am On Jul 03, 2016
Blatant lies!!!
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by damon222: 7:09am On Jul 03, 2016
excess4luv:

APC dished out too many campaign promises and propagandas against last government, placing high hopes in many Nigerians and convincing to perform miracles and even one year after they were still blaming past government without telling Nigerians the true state of affairs in our economy.
Today APC and BUHARI is in the presidency, there is no hope for the economy the preached to have understood before inception, I expected a robust, proactive and resilient approach in agriculture, industrialization, improved local production and purchasing, development of impact youth empowerment programmes to resuscitate the economy, but none is the case.
The serious witch hunting of oppositions in the name of corruption fight has never helped our economy one bit, and many are afraid to invest in the country for fear of government approach.
Too many problems has been created within the last one year, OIL price is not the problem but the management and incapable hands at the economy of this great nation.

I REMAIN 5%
Imagine a senior lawyer,Fashola is made a minister for a very complex ministry like power. Imagine a prematured Adeosun is asked to minister a very complex ministry like finance of a complex society like Nigeria. Some minister are not even talking becaise they are highly incompetent.
The other day Fashola was trying very hard to defend Buhari and apc by talking like prematured yam.
Re: People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times by hahn(m): 8:09am On Jul 03, 2016
dearpreye:

Sure some smart folks will exploit the situation but the vast majority of us won't.

Longest time sir.

Yep. Business first these days smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate / Kenyan Woman Posts Pics Of A Lady Everywhere Warning Her To Leave Her Husband / My Wife Is Frustrating My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.