Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,080 members, 7,916,141 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike (25920 Views)

Federal High Court Complex Port-Harcourt, Built By Wike Ready For Commissioning / Police Arrests 21 INEC Officials, Recovers Bribe Monies Given To Them By Wike / More Cultists Hideouts Destroyed By Wike And Security Agents In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by flamezyprinz(m): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
ojuku again?
why are this 20 ipob yoots making noise and beating shest?
Wike has said he does not support you!
go home to your erosion
your blind abi?..where did u see IPOB mentiond there now??
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by caracas: 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
EzeNri:

And a descendant of fallen angel just escaped from the gate of hell just to drag IPOB into their masturbation. Low lifers
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This got me cracking
If u say oduduw.......... Na u sabi o
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by owoademola: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
ojuku again?
go home to your erosion
How true is the story tell me more.............
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Freshwhyte(m): 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
onismate:
Hi thank you for your great comment, thank God I was there when the did happened. The ojukaye guy is 100% guilty. Imagine a popular politician like him running a human being over with his car like an animal. This is murder case. Thank God for my life that day. It would have been me and my friends the so called politician who have killed. I am not from rivers state but I could remember that day that this incident happened. This man was ranting, almost held some corpers hostage that election day. He and his boys were ready to kill. Na so me and my friends run find our way. Before we held that he has killed someone. Let the law take its full course on this case.
Even thou am a staunch PDP member but the truth is that ojukaye killed an old lady just because she advise him to be calm and he got angry and shot her to death..
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by almudeeragba: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Cadamlk:
I dont want to think that democracy is curse in this country. Why is there unrest everywhere?
seriously we need prayer in nigeria
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by DonBenny77(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
rubbish! ojukaye killed someone on election day d evidence was all over facebook. He ran over and killed an official with his tundra truck n fools r protesting he should b granted bail
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Jok3r(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
ojuku again? why are this 20 ipob yoots making noise and beating shest? Wike has said he does not support you! go home to your erosion

ojukaye not ojuku pls okk
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Jok3r(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
chimere66:
Thousands of civil society protesters this morning staged a protest in front of the Port Harcourt prisons over issues concerning the health, safety and security of an ardent opponent of the Rivers state government, Mr.Ojukaye Flag Amachree.

Mr Amachree,a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in Rivers state is facing murder trial before a Rivers state High Court.The trial judge,Mrs.Meg Opara,wife of a prominent PDP chieftain and Wike loyalist,Chief Austin Opara,had denied the politician bail on health grounds.Mr.Ojukaye who had earlier been arraigned before a Port Harcourt magistrate has remained in incarceration for over 5 months.

Surprisingly,in what obviously appeared like a political witch-hunt and persecution,the Rivers state government again slammed another two-count charge on Mr.Ojukaye who's health has deplorably deteriorated in recent past.The interesting thing about the new charges is that the police whose responsibility is to investigate and subsequently charge an accused to court has said that it has not received any petition against the politician neither has it investigated the politician over the new charges.

It is understood that it was the Attorney-general of the state,Barr.Emma Aguma and officials of his ministry and colleagues in government that contrived the new charges as a means of punishing the said Mr.Amachree who is seen as a torn on the flesh of the Wike administration.

More worrisome is the role of the Rivers state judiciary in the whole saga.The state Chief Judge,Iyayi Laminkara has shown deeper-than-necessary interest in the matter.The state Chief judge,against all known judicial procedures,ordered the accused to appear in her court to take his plea today,Monday 4th July despite the absence of a police report or investigation tying the accused to the charges,this is notwithstanding the fact that the Court of Appeal is due to deliver judgment on his bail application same today.

The role of the Rivers state judiciary has come under heavy public criticisms in recent times,as some of its officials appear falling-over-themselves to please the Rivers governor .Critics have tied the seeming pocketing of the state judiciary as a sign of appreciation to Gov.Wike who recently disbursed cash and car gifts to the state judicial officials.

The protesters are calling for rule of law,fairness and equity in line with known criminal procedures.They are demanding the resignation of the Rivers Chief judge who they say is a 'loyal legal Adviser to the PDP and Gov.Wike.

They are also calling on the National judicial council(NJC)to probe the activities of Rivers state judicial officers as well as the immediate resignation of Justice Iyayi Laminkara as the state Chief judge for attempting to arraign an accused without a police investigation or report.

Image Credit: Sir Ikenda

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/civil-society-members-protest-in-port.html

its okay... God bless naija.. let dere b peace
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by charles0922(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
ojuku again?
go home to your erosion
Must u display ur stu.pid.ity,go get a life,that region holds the economic
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by sagaxity(m): 12:02am On Jul 05, 2016
I still want to categorically say that the young people are the real problem of Nigeria.....

I still weep for this my generation in this country....

Ehen for the records Nigeria is not a democratic state, we thrive on anarchy.......that's how the young ones like it....
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Blizzy9ja: 3:44am On Jul 05, 2016
tit:
ojuku again?
go home to your erosion
Chisos! So person fit mumu like dis? Come u sure say u complete primary school sef? Kai! Dis yoruba children no go kill person 4 nairaland
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Blizzy9ja: 3:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Taryur3:
Jobless people...this cannot help for his release.
Yes! The law must take its full course

1 Like

Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by owanedo: 4:08am On Jul 05, 2016
dunkem21:

No be the same democracy we have been practicing for the past 16 years without unrest?

Hunger protest is loading..

Let's blame PEJ as usual and move on cool
if Rivers people and by extension niger deltans want to burn down their area, because one aboki ousted their illustrious son, oya they should go ahead. it wont stop ambode from completing Abule egbe fly over bridge for us.
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Olukat(m): 7:30am On Jul 05, 2016
rhymaholic:
Ojukaye Amachree is a strong man from Buguma Asari-Toru LGA. He was a former chairman of that local government and a staunch Rotimi Amaechi supporter. He ported to APC from PDP when Amaechi his boss defected. I know all this cos I served at Kalabari National College, Buguma between 2013-2014 and I know a little about the politics in that community. I knew Wike would have a problem with him as he is anti-amaechi. I can't believe Wike is holding him for months on an allegation that is bailable, if it's FG now this same people supporting this injustice would be wailing. What ever the circumstances is, they should find a way around it and let the man be.

What are his offences?
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 13, 2016
TonyeBarcarnista Wristbangle Toks2009 Fynestboi senior men... Abeg e get sumfin wey I wan reason with una on a kum kum. Abeg bbm me on 7B3D425B or whatsapp me on 09035358591. Thanks
Re: Protest In Port-Harcourt Detention Of Amachree By Wike by Frankiss44(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2016
rhymaholic:
Ojukaye Amachree is a strong man from Buguma Asari-Toru LGA. He was a former chairman of that local government and a staunch Rotimi Amaechi supporter. He ported to APC from PDP when Amaechi his boss defected. I know all this cos I served at Kalabari National College, Buguma between 2013-2014 and I know a little about the politics in that community. I knew Wike would have a problem with him as he is anti-amaechi. I can't believe Wike is holding him for months on an allegation that is bailable, if it's FG now this same people supporting this injustice would be wailing. What ever the circumstances is, they should find a way around it and let the man be.

Since when is murder bailable in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Inspects Flyover Construction In Ebonyi On His Arrival From Abuja (Pix) / Wike: Consultations With Atiku, Tinubu, OBJ, Obi Are In Nigeria’s Interest / Nigerians Set To Cash Out With Tinubu Apparels As Electoral Campaign Approachs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.