Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,957 members, 7,896,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! (22525 Views)

*** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** / 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) / Uncompleted 2-storey Building Collapses In Ikeja, Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by alanbolo(m): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2016
elvisizuchi:
Mould d blocks on site, save cost n increase block strength, get ur plan first engage a quantity surveyor, cost differs with location, visit our page on facebook 4 more info,

Oga Elvis, what happened to the first floor balcony railings - right side? I hope your company have insurance as am sure folks will be falling off there. smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by elvisizuchi(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2016
alanbolo:

Oga Elvis, what happened to the first floor balcony railings - right side? I hope your company have insurance as am sure folks will be falling off there. smiley smiley smiley
[quote author=alanbolo post=47289131]

Oga alanbolo, thanks 4 d observation really appreciate, I will wrk on it nw
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Daniyomex(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2016
Consult Eagle Architectural Concept for your building design and project supervision
Tel-08038572832
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by janvier27(m): 9:48am On Jul 07, 2016
Weldone OP. The experts are already talking to you. Note however that in future you might prefer a detached apartment for your family for privacy.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by sheddy03: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2016
BRAINCRASH:
My brother.....pls always consult design professionals in your designs ....the designer who is probably not an Architect wants the money and doesn't care about the implication of his drawing...he should do consultations and be sure the building can be carried by the land and the Architectural drawing must come along with structural drawings.......w are not talking of one store building here.....the drawing is full of doors even at unnecessary locations.....rooms are small and poorly ventilated....I don't see a clear definition of what he want to achieve as shown on the ground and first floor of the right hand side......kitchen size is too small for the size of family you are planning for...especially as there is no store......when there is fire outbreak only those on the ground floor will survive.....I reserve further comments....what I'm saying is that:

"........BUILDINGS LIKE THIS NEED PROFESSIONAL TOUCH AT TH DESIGN STAGE ....ELSE....."
Architectural drawing must come along with structural drawings......and services drawings(electrical&plumbing) as well.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Chekitaut: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2016
elonilintl:
Hi Nairanders!
I have this quest of building a 2 bedroom 2 storey of flats with a ground floor of 3 Bedrooms in my land at Mbanagu Otolo Nnewi at Anambra State from abroad through the help of my mother .I called it a residential-commercial kind of building because I will in the future be using the ground floor with my family while I rent out the flats in the first and second floors for the maintenance of the house.
Currently, I am still at the stage of commencing with the fencing job but it is my mother's wish to not buy blocks but to get a block-moulder to start moulding for us meaning that all the blocks to be used in the building will be moulded at the building site so as to reduce the cost of buy blocks.
1.? How do guys feel about the idea?
Secondly, I have not gotten a building plan for the above explained type of building so I humble ask for help with Building plans for a house of that nature and the estimated cost/budget so as to help me in my decision whether to continue or choose something else!
2.? How much do you guys think it would cost me from the foundation to the roofing level?
? Does anyone have a better suggestions of what I should go for instead based of my explanation?
Lastly, I have attached a building plan of a 3 storey of a double flats with a ground floor and the first flat by the right hand side in the first floor designed for residential purpose only (for my family and I ).
3? How much do you think I should budget for a 2 storey of the same building plan?
Do you have you have an estimatedo cost for it or a better option with an estimated cost?

Please, folks feel free in contributing and suggesting something because it will go a long way helping me in this confused state of mind.
Thanks in anticipation my people and hope to hear from y'all as soon y'all can manage!
Just go thru this project with good design

https://www.nairaland.com/2522848/construction-medium-high-rise-multi
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by ceasare: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2016
@elonilintl: seen you said u live in the diaspora am a lil bit perplex as regards your request
Except you don pay attention to how things is been done in the country you are staying!
Anyway to your questions;
1st engage an architect to draw to ur specs using your survey plan
And if you don't have engage a surveyor to do it.
2ndly get a structural engr to detail the architectural
Drawings afterwards seek a certified M&E engr to do your electrical n plumbing designs then
3rdly engage a qty surveyor to cost accordingly for your before looking for a builder Or civil engr
To erect your structure to details and cost.
at these stages pls pay all the professionals mentioned Their due fees pls.
search very well and shine your eyes b4 u enter Nairaland one chance them full
Property section before engaging anybody.though there are good hands here and bad hands as well.
Lastly don't try to be a Nigerian by trying to cut corners with my suggestions by looking for free drawings,
Free structural drawings etc they are recipe for had I knw all in the name of saving money.if you hv #18miillion
To build this edifice #1.8million To pay for all these proffesionals and their service shouldn't be a problem!
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by igweoha(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2016
CYRIDON DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION CONCEPT.
for your better architectural design call or whatsapp 08069306151 email cyriacusbullet@gmail.com.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by greggng: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2016
My nebor is a builder/ arch. He has handle so many projects in lagos and nationwide.if you need his contact just let me know he will guide you with everything u need.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by ogtavia(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2016
biazarre:
end tym design...
no proper cross ventilation...
n DAT lounge is gonna b a living hell in summer...
give ur design to proffesionals..
not some road side draftsman....
everybody today is an architect....he will really hear it in dt 'lounge' as time goes on...

1 Like

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by diegwu01: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:

I can get you a complete Architectural plan with a matching structural design,since its going to be a high rise building I suggest we perform soil test to ascertain the soil bearing capacity of your site.
Wont i discuss with the architect first and directly on what i want?
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by fendorf(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
Contact us for your Granite,sharpsand,plastersand and sandfilling.07064696356
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by elonilintl: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for your contributions and constructive criticisms so far! They really count!
What do you guys think about this design but will be reduced to a 4 units of 2 bedroom flats with ground floor in a 2 storey building, to reduce the cost of making it a 3 storey?
Note: This was supplied by a Building Engr with the list of materials needed as attached also.
He offered to take the project from foundation to roofing level for 2.6m(labour cost to be paid in installment) while I supply him with all the materials needed meaning that I should be buying the materialsame as listed myself.
How reasonable is that to y'all?

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by IstandWitBuhari: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
diegwu01:
Wont i discuss with the architect first and directly on what i want?
What I am trying to make you understand is that the kind of structure you want can also be drawn by a Civil Engineer since you are trying to cut cost,you will have a choice to choose among different drawings. Like I said before I am lecturer so you have nothing to worry about. Once you are ready I can prepare a BEME for you and send to you via your mail so you can access it ad well.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by tushbobo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
You have not attached the plan which is the most important. There is a process to building which you are not following.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by siddoggg(m): 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
All u need is at ur fingertips. For all solutions, contact me on facebook @Arc Sidney Uzoma, or my email sidneyuzoma@yahoo.com...or better still reach me on my mobile numbers 08037309899/08158979451.....you'll be glad u did
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by siddoggg(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice models up there but designing without a client's brief is somewhat unprofessional.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Xtopher123(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
elonilintl:
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for your contributions and constructive criticisms so far! They really count!
What do you guys think about this design but will be reduced to a 4 units of 2 bedroom flats with ground floor in a 2 storey building, to reduce the cost of making it a 3 storey?
Note: This was supplied by a Building Engr with the list of materials needed as attached also.
He offered to take the project from foundation to roofing level for 2.6m(labour cost to be paid in installment) while I supply him with all the materials needed meaning that I should be buying the materialsame as listed myself.
How reasonable is that to y'all?

With the above mentioned you still failed to contact a Professional, Cos if you did, a Quantity Surveyor would have Supplied you with enough info that you're seeking ..

1 Like

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
spyder880:

The last 6 flats I am building in Owerri. I have built about 6 different units of 2 Bedroom blocks of flats in Owerri, Enugu and Port Harcourt . Budget N18m for the house to get to this stage in the picture, foundation till roofing is completed (all materials, labor and supervision).

If your mum is not very knowledgeable about building houses, better wait till you come back before building .

https://www.nairaland.com/2719326/making-owerri-block-6-flats/8

0803 335 0750 (voice and watsapp)

OP, Spyder880 comes highly recommended and if you're serious about building in that area then your search is over.

Contact him and let him guide you.

The man is just brilliant on what he does, real estate development.

Good luck.

PS: roll up that first plan and use it to beat whoever drew it until it shreds. It's just horrid.

1 Like

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chukazu:
have heard someone said on this forum before "that it seems every building in Nigeria is designed by the same architect" and I agree with him.
there seems to be a complete lack of creativity.

@op I will advise you mould your own blocks against buying, it's cheaper

I agree.

This is why my plan was brought from the US and designed by a Mexican.

You'll never find a second one in Nigeria.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Jumbo46(m): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
I am a Civil Engineer/ structural engineer. If u need more clearification or consultancy on how to go about your project please call 07064618672. Ad i offer ad affordable building plane.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by alstacs(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
some guys are so horrible and uncultured here. from my observation from a distance in this section, once somebody comes with any plans or request that we don't relate to, the firm assumption of the so called "professionals " here is that the drawing or proposal must have been done by a quack. Anybody that is not you is a quack, habba!
Unfortunately, by the time you engage some of them (the so called advertising professionals on the corridors of property section), just go hospital go find medicine for heart attack cos they will break your heart. They do! all the time.
When we give feedbacks, we shouldn't be so disrespectful and discourteous about it. This is not fair for God's sake. Una wan make the man feel like say na coconut de him head ni?
Next in line are the hawks who introduce themselves as various professionals who just dole out their phone numbers and email addresses. There are actually good people here who do that here and I do respect them as they are genuine. The man came here for advice, if your advice is going to cost him money, just find somewhere else go advertise and stop bad mouthing other people's works joor.
Despite all these, there are lots of cultured and matured professional guys here. I hail you matured and respectful folks here. To the insultive folks, grow up, a beg. Give your advice for free and charge for real professional consultation jare.

Imagine someone telling a friend he will supervise his DPC for 200k!.....Two hundred thousand Naira! Friend will still buy his materials, pay all the workers on site. Drawings don de ground already oh. The professional own na just to put hand for pocket show him face like 3x during the work and pocket 200k. Aye ma ni ika oh.

While it is not my intention to disrespect anyone or insult the integrity of any profession, we need to purge ourselves of some folks here.

2 Likes

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by olumide4christ: 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
alstacs:
some guys are so horrible and uncultured here. from my observation from a distance in this section, once somebody comes with any plans or request that we don't relate to, the firm assumption of the so called "professionals " here is that the drawing or proposal must have been done by a quack. Anybody that is not you is a quack, habba!
Unfortunately, by the time you engage some of them (the so called advertising professionals on the corridors of property section), just go hospital go find medicine for heart attack cos they will break your heart. They do! all the time.
When we give feedbacks, we shouldn't be so disrespectful and discourteous about it. This is not fair for God's sake. Una wan make the man feel like say na coconut de him head ni?
Next in line are the hawks who introduce themselves as various professionals who just dole out their phone numbers and email addresses. There are actually good people here who do that here and I do respect them as they are genuine. The man came here for advice, if your advice is going to cost him money, just find somewhere else go advertise and stop bad mouthing other people's works joor.
Despite all these, there are lots of cultured and matured professional guys here. I hail you matured and respectful folks here. To the insultive folks, grow up, a beg. Give your advice for free and charge for real professional consultation jare.

Imagine someone telling a friend he will supervise his DPC for 200k!.....Two hundred thousand Naira! Friend will still buy his materials, pay all the workers on site. Drawings don de ground already oh. The professional own na just to put hand for pocket show him face like 3x during the work and pocket 200k. Aye ma ni ika oh.

While it is not my intention to disrespect anyone or insult the integrity of any profession, we need to purge ourselves of some folks here.

[b]@ THE BOLDED ABOVE.... So you think N200k to supervise a foundation construction from setting out to ground floor bed (DPC) is too too much?? How much would you expect the professional to charge?? -N50K Abi shey na tomatoes the professional dey sell? Construction that may take from 2 weeks to 1 month depending on the complexity of the foundation, the terrain, weather, etc? You didn't even tell us what kind of building is involved - a bungalow with strip foundation or a storey building with strip/pad or raft foundation? The bigger the building, the more complex the foundation and so the higher the level of professional input required in supervision. At least, it would be expected that you negotiate with that professional reasonably.

If you think professional supervision only involves "showing face like 3x during the work", then please try doing your foundation with only Baba Lati & Papa Johnbull without any supervision and come and tell us how your foundation is faring after a year or two! The difference is surely clear!

It beats me how we think in this country. People will want to pay peanuts for professional service that will secure their future and investment, but will spend hundreds of thousands & even millions to organize parties, attend shows, purchase liabilities, etc.

Anyways, the wise know better!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by alstacs(m): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
olumide4christ:

[b]@ THE BOLDED ABOVE.... So you think N200k to supervise a foundation construction from setting out to ground floor bed (DPC) is too too much?? How much would you expect the professional to charge?? -N50K Abi shey na tomatoes the professional dey sell? Construction that may take from 2 weeks to 1 month depending on the complexity of the foundation, the terrain, weather, etc? You didn't even tell us what kind of building is involved - a bungalow with strip foundation or a storey building with strip/pad or raft foundation? The bigger the building, the more complex the foundation and so the higher the level of professional input required in supervision. At least, it would be expected that you negotiate with that professional reasonably.

If you think professional supervision only involves "showing face like 3x during the work", then please try doing your foundation with only Baba Lati & Papa Johnbull without any supervision and come and tell us how your foundation is faring after a year or two! The difference is surely clear!

It beats me how we think in this country. People will want to pay peanuts for professional service that will secure their future and investment, but will spend hundreds of thousands & even millions to organize parties, attend shows, purchase liabilities, etc.

Anyways, the wise know better!![/b]

I would like to admit that I was wrong not to have mentioned the type and size of the building and the foundation type. I searched through your response for harsh words but find none save sarcasm, so for this reason I won't respond further to you sir, on the subject.
However, you guys may as well charge a million naira to supervise the foundation of the security house where the main house rests on an area less than 40sqm in what my lay mind would call a normal land.
I do pray you folks will get your acts together and purge yourselves of people whose primary interest reside in milking their clients dry rather than delivery of services.

2 Likes

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by sonety2k(m): 4:03am On Jul 08, 2016
Following.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by elonilintl: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2016
Hi Everyone!
I am getting very close to making a decision and I really need your thoughts on the latest version of the outcomes.
I will be doing the fencing job with the supervision of my elder brother while workers are paid on counting basis.
Secondly, the Building Engr will be taking up the project from foundation to roofing level with him in charge of paying labourers, supervision and providing the building plan as discussed for the sum of 2.5m(Is this sum reasonable? )!
By the way, the project will be a 4 units of 2 bedroom flats of a 2 storey building with 4 room and parlour on the ground floor. All the rooms in the project will be mastered .
The project owner is responsible for purchasing all the building materials needed.
Now, i need some constructive and sincere advices in making my decision.
How do you feel about the entire project?
Is there anything you guys thought I should do more or less?
Is the 2.5m to be paid installmentally reasonable enough for the labour costs and supervision?

Welcome with your constructive feedback on this.
Thanks in anticipation!
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Fadelex(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
this is why i dont usually respond to so many people online... for Christ sake, give professionals some credit, I paid good money to be where I am today and my services cannot be free...@elonilintl, you requested for a design from me, after which i sent you tge design. the least you could have done is to acknowledge that you received it. but you just kept mute as if it was nothing. it took me hours to derive the design and here you are asking for another advice, sorry my services arent for free.

1 Like

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by sunnyjz: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
go with sypder instead of wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by olumide4christ: 1:32am On Jul 11, 2016
elonilintl:
Hi Everyone!
I am getting very close to making a decision and I really need your thoughts on the latest version of the outcomes.
I will be doing the fencing job with the supervision of my elder brother while workers are paid on counting basis.
Secondly, the Building Engr will be taking up the project from foundation to roofing level with him in charge of paying labourers, supervision and providing the building plan as discussed for the sum of 2.5m(Is this sum reasonable? )!
By the way, the project will be a 4 units of 2 bedroom flats of a 2 storey building with 4 room and parlour on the ground floor. All the rooms in the project will be mastered .
The project owner is responsible for purchasing all the building materials needed.
Now, i need some constructive and sincere advices in making my decision.
How do you feel about the entire project?
Is there anything you guys thought I should do more or less?
Is the 2.5m to be paid installmentally reasonable enough for the labour costs and supervision?

Welcome with your constructive feedback on this.
Thanks in anticipation!

Sir,

I think people on this forum have tried in helping you. Engage a professional to manage this project on your behalf, not your relatives who might not know much about construction; the professional will answer all these your questions; this is your hard-earned currency you are playing with.

You could check out previous threads on this forum where people in diaspora have been disappointed by relatives who knew next to nothing about construction.

A word is enough for the wise!!!
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by olumide4christ: 1:36am On Jul 11, 2016
Fadelex:
this is why i dont usually respond to so many people online... for Christ sake, give professionals some credit, I paid good money to be where I am today and my services cannot be free...@elonilintl, you requested for a design from me, after which i sent you tge design. the least you could have done is to acknowledge that you received it. but you just kept mute as if it was nothing. it took me hours to derive the design and here you are asking for another advice, sorry my services arent for free.

Bros, you should have understood the dynamics and peculiarities of Nairaland property section by now.

I encourage you to just move on....what is yours will surely come to you and even wait for you, when you aren't there.

1 Like

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 11, 2016
sunnyjz:
go with sypder instead of wasting your time.

I second this nomination.
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by biazarre(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2016
Rayboss:
there is one funny thing about these so called engineers, they don't pay attention to some basic principles of design always try to consult a professional (an architect) & a structural Eng. If you want a design like this u can contact me on this number Arc. Raymond 07065475079]
will like to see d roof plan of ur design... seems d roof is flouting...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island / Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja / Family Members Cry As Flood Renders Them Homeless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.