Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,153 members, 7,928,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 03:48 PM

About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! (22648 Views)

*** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** / 2-Storey Building Collapses In Enugu, Construction Workers Escape Death (Photos) / Uncompleted 2-storey Building Collapses In Ikeja, Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by biazarre(m): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
alstacs:
some guys are so horrible and uncultured here. from my observation from a distance in this section, once somebody comes with any plans or request that we don't relate to, the firm assumption of the so called "professionals " here is that the drawing or proposal must have been done by a quack. Anybody that is not you is a quack, habba!
Unfortunately, by the time you engage some of them (the so called advertising professionals on the corridors of property section), just go hospital go find medicine for heart attack cos they will break your heart. They do! all the time.
When we give feedbacks, we shouldn't be so disrespectful and discourteous about it. This is not fair for God's sake. Una wan make the man feel like say na coconut de him head ni?
Next in line are the hawks who introduce themselves as various professionals who just dole out their phone numbers and email addresses. There are actually good people here who do that here and I do respect them as they are genuine. The man came here for advice, if your advice is going to cost him money, just find somewhere else go advertise and stop bad mouthing other people's works joor.
Despite all these, there are lots of cultured and matured professional guys here. I hail you matured and respectful folks here. To the insultive folks, grow up, a beg. Give your advice for free and charge for real professional consultation jare.

Imagine someone telling a friend he will supervise his DPC for 200k!.....Two hundred thousand Naira! Friend will still buy his materials, pay all the workers on site. Drawings don de ground already oh. The professional own na just to put hand for pocket show him face like 3x during the work and pocket 200k. Aye ma ni ika oh.

While it is not my intention to disrespect anyone or insult the integrity of any profession, we need to purge ourselves of some folks here.
. sire!! so u tink 200k is too much for d foundation?.... let's always embrace professionalism..... if ur frnd tink its too much let him supervise d site himself...
nothing is too much for d skill u possess.... it is called services...
it is not where we sell bread n fanta!!!
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by xstudios(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
NICE

However the concept development is un resolved. to create maximum use for the land. Still plenty of issues.
Ventillation
Natural lighting
Convenient acces/parking. all these factor affect eventual value and comfort of occupant

call or mail me
xstudiosafrica@gmail.com
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Timtol(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2016
Xtopher123:
Those Drawings don't look professional. Except thats a presentation drawing which I doubt cos I could see Dimension Line Within the spaces, I could tell you cause im an Architect

Like someone advised, the Lounge would be an Oven during Summer, no proper Lighting and Cross Ventilation..

Engaging a Professional would save you a lot more than you think..
*Get involved a Professional Architect, he'll coordinate every other professional required to erect such building.. Ranging from A Structural Engineer to a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer and down to a Quantity Surveyor - its for your own good to avoid Loosing Lives and property at the Long run.

Op the mistake has been made but please next time it doesn't cost much to hire a professional to do the Job, saves you money and stress tho..

Below are Examples of what a Detailed Construction Drawing Looks Like, Although They are for Presentation (Designed By Me)

You could contact me for further assistance |
Thank God for you.l find you among the best architect on NairaLand. So l am as well,an architect.
Email: ibebuchi@hotmail.com
Phone: 08139449621
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by PqsMike: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2016
elonilintl:
Hi Nairanders!
I have this quest of building a 2 bedroom 2 storey of flats with a ground floor of 3 Bedrooms in my land at Mbanagu Otolo Nnewi at Anambra State from abroad through the help of my mother .I called it a residential-commercial kind of building because I will in the future be using the ground floor with my family while I rent out the flats in the first and second floors for the maintenance of the house.
Currently, I am still at the stage of commencing with the fencing job but it is my mother's wish to not buy blocks but to get a block-moulder to start moulding for us meaning that all the blocks to be used in the building will be moulded at the building site so as to reduce the cost of buy blocks.
1.? How do guys feel about the idea?
Secondly, I have not gotten a building plan for the above explained type of building so I humble ask for help with Building plans for a house of that nature and the estimated cost/budget so as to help me in my decision whether to continue or choose something else!
2.? How much do you guys think it would cost me from the foundation to the roofing level?
? Does anyone have a better suggestions of what I should go for instead based of my explanation?
Lastly, I have attached a building plan of a 3 storey of a double flats with a ground floor and the first flat by the right hand side in the first floor designed for residential purpose only (for my family and I ).
3? How much do you think I should budget for a 2 storey of the same building plan?
Do you have you have an estimatedo cost for it or a better option with an estimated cost?

Please, folks feel free in contributing and suggesting something because it will go a long way helping me in this confused state of mind.
Thanks in anticipation my people and hope to hear from y'all as soon y'all can manage!

Congratulations!

Please kindly take the following steps.

1. Pay a professional Architect (Not Draughtsman) for a good design

2. Then Get a structural drawing from a civil Engineer (your Architect might be able to connect you to one)

3. U need a Mechanical and Electrical design/drawings too

4. For you to know if that money in your bank account can finance the project, or maybe you'll need to take a loan, You need a Quantity Surveyor to give you an estimated cost of the proposed project.

5. Then get a building contractor to handle the construction phase, meanwhile let a Quantity Surveyor monitors/Value the work.

I am a Quantity Surveyor. ...and I've worked with a couple of Nairalanders. Contact me

It's always good to engaged a professional. ..No regret!!
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by tatdecor: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
for those in Abuja and environs, you can buy your quality paints at company's price.

TAT Decor world
Shop number 3, Kubwa shopping mall, Along ASO Savings drive, Opposite Yoruba mosque, Kubwa Abuja.

Tel: 08136917612
tdecorworld@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/tatdecorworld/

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by elonilintl: 10:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Thanks to y'all once again!
Today, my project is at the roofing stage and it flashed in my mind that I should post the progress so far.
Although, I finally reduced the project to a 2 units of 2bedroom flats in a 1 storey building with a comfortable ground floor of 5 rooms and double parlour.
All the rooms are mastered and there are visitors toilet in both the ground floor and the 2 flats.
All glory to the Almighty God who made it possible!
Feel free to ask me anything!
Welcome with your questions!

Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Chekitaut: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Granite
Contact us Now
30tons Mainland @N145,000
30tons Island all tru Ajah roundabout @N155,000

Tel: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565, 08098055224

...No compromising, No wayowayo, No abrakatabra, No ojoro.

..beyond IMAGINATION
Re: About To Start Building A Residential-commercial 2/3 Bedroom 2 Storey Of Flats! by Timtol(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2017
elonilintl:

@Biazarre, the building plan attached above was provided by a so called Engineer so that's his plan by the way. That was the reason why I had to put it up here to see my people's view on it and as well see if I would get a better plan based on my explanation of what I am looking forward to build.
I need an estimated cost of a building plan leading to a 2/3 bedroom 2 storey of a single or a double flats.
Thanks for contributing!

If the project seem to be delaying and it's almost a year now then you can chat me up or need a family bungalow design chat me also.
Whatsapp number;08100452977

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help On C Of O Ogun State / Scores Wounded As Hotel Collapses In Delta / Lagos Issues Contravention Notices To Residential, Commercial Buildings In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.