Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,944 members, 7,949,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Blue Screen On My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Blue Screen On My Laptop (2177 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / My Computer Shows "blue Screen" - What Do I Do? / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Screen On My Laptop by Uzr(m): 12:42am On Sep 09, 2009
i dont know why sumtimes wen am workin on my system, d screen suddenlys go blue and write some tins lyk - if dis d 1st time try and do , or contact ur vendor.
pls help me out
Re: Blue Screen On My Laptop by deji2009(m): 2:01am On Sep 09, 2009
i dont know why sumtimes wen am workin on my system, d screen suddenlys go blue and write some tins lyk - if dis d 1st time try and do , or contact your vendor.
pls help me out

correct me if I'm wrong does it look like this ? can you please tell us make and model of your system. XP OR VISTA

And also we would appreciate it, if you can tell us exactly what it says on the screen. just take your time and post it here please

Re: Blue Screen On My Laptop by TheSeeker(m): 5:42am On Sep 09, 2009
If it's what Deji posted that shows on your screen, I think it definitely has to be that you installed a program and the system doesn't currently work well with it. It's happened to my laptop lots of times but I think it's mainly because I installed some softwares on all the occasions. So what I do is uninstall the program, reboot, and it works normally.

Also you have to make sure you restart your system every time to make a new installation. If you have to install ten different softwares, restart your system each time you. This will enable it to configure properly and integrate all the window files or whatever it is called, and subsequently update all the changes.

Therefore, if this immediately or within a short time, happened after you installed a software, uninstall it, go to your program files on the hard drive directory and delete the the programs folder, restart your system and see if it happens again. If that doesn't work, you might want to reload your windows, I think.

I'm not a computer guru but I've always had to deal with my computer problems myself, so Deji, correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Blue Screen On My Laptop by deji2009(m): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2009
If it's what Deji posted that shows on your screen, I think it definitely has to be that you installed a program and the system doesn't currently work well with it. It's happened to my laptop lots of times but I think it's mainly because I installed some softwares on all the occasions. So what I do is uninstall the program, reboot, and it works normally.

Also you have to make sure you restart your system every time to make a new installation. If you have to install ten different softwares, restart your system each time you. This will enable it to configure properly and integrate all the window files or whatever it is called, and subsequently update all the changes.

Therefore, if this immediately or within a short time, happened after you installed a software, uninstall it, go to your program files on the hard drive directory and delete the the programs folder, restart your system and see if it happens again. If that doesn't work, you might want to reload your windows, I think.

I'm not a computer guru but I've always had to deal with my computer problems myself, so Deji, correct me if I'm wrong.

neither am I a computer guru am still learning and never will stop learning. your diagnostics was absolutely right. nice one

Ok @ poster since I dont know whether is xp or vista. I"ll be working on XP because it's popularity.  t[b]urn off please back on dont wait for

anything else keep pressing f8 on your keyboard until you come to advanced boot option select last know good configuration and see what

happen if noy joy then start the procedure again and go for disable automatic restart on system failure then next time the computer boot up it will display the error message then we have the culprit[/b]

if the blue screen comes up when you"re in windows then let us know so we can disable and see the actual error message
Re: Blue Screen On My Laptop by asid(m): 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
Run a disk defragmentation and disk clean up(i also think you need to incerase you system memory) cos most times some softwares use up a load of system memories thereby causes the system to dump memory(dats the blue screen) also i would advice you install TUNEUP UTILITIES 2009,it would optimize your system put it under check.(make sure it's the full version) and pls dont just install every software that comes your way ok, Lets know how it all goes k
Re: Blue Screen On My Laptop by JobManager: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ Poster. deji2009 and theseeker have done a good job with your problem. Especially as regards new software or program installed.

I have come across this problem in my years as a PC/Laptop Eng. I cantell you that if the problem persists or happens often, even after a frash installation, which often cures that 'kolo', then be ready for a new hard disk. Last week i had one (a Lapee) in my laps.

There was no new installation, or anything. It happened like six times in one day, i told the owner to get ready for anew one. Indeed that was what we finally did. The HDD crashed. Its not always the sace though.

Be careful what you download and install on your system. Thats the best way to keep your system safe. LOL
Re: Blue Screen On My Laptop by EmmaOgu: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2009
Well to me I think that a sign of virus on the system if it happen often be read to get another Hard Disk for your system

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft 2013 Product Key / Windows 10 Update : I Almost Killed Someone / New Toshiba Tecra Z50-a0445 @ Give away price Core I7/8gb/500gb Hdd Nvidia 5gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.