Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,589 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva (12092 Views)

EFCC Fails To Re-arraign Ex-Governor Sylva / Former Bayelsa Governor Sylva Remains In EFCC Custody / Factions Disagree Over Governor Sylva's Move To CPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by MrCrackles(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2009
Fucking hell. . . . shocked sad
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by mbulela: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2009
all these charlatans and crooks masquerading as leaders.
i just can't even make sense of the tour.what exactly was he thinking?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by agitator: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

CNN are Wrong, dem dey talk lie. Gloryland Castle is a state tourism project. The house doesn't belong to Sylva.

"Our plan is to dove-tail the Gloryland Castle into the wider vision of Yenagoa of the immediate future, which will be a showpiece city for all Nigerians and the rest of the world to come and enjoy life with a lot to see,” he explained.

Perhaps in the next four years, Yenagoa will become one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria if plans afoot are anything to go by. An international airport is being constructed, specifically for cargo operations because Bayelsa is aiming to become the largest producer of paddy rice in Africa in partnership with Thai and Vietnamese experts. It also wants to become the largest producer of fish, in league with Israeli experts.

The airport will serve as a major import and export route when plans to redesign the state’s economy from oil and gas to agriculture, commerce and tourism come to fruition."

The state is also constructing a 32-kilometre dual express from the airport into the rear of the city where the new Yenagoa is springing up. The state’s 110 kilowatt electricity supply project is expected to switch on fully next year, making it more than self-sufficient in power supply."

[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/28/yar’-adua-to-sleep-in-bayelsa’s-n20b-castle/[/url]

With sycophants like this all over 9ja how can the country be good?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by goggs(m): 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
To say that nigerians behave like the proverbial Ostrich is like saying the Ocean is made up of water.

this clip has shown one of the fundamental problems of the Niger Delta; Its own leaders! With all the oil money Bayela is getting one would think that the Governor is more interested in fundamental infrastructure to touch the lives of the people. Water, Sanition, Schools, rural clinic, AGRICULTURE. But no, the guy is showing off his mansion! TOURISM my BIG foot. Who goes to see badly designed structures on an empty stomach, thats if he/she overcomes the security scare. Col Gadafi mostly in a tent for years and vowed that some of his own family will have to wait for mass housing schemes for libiyans to get theirs (sorry this took place long ago, so no links). Forget that he is a dictator or maybe just playing to the gallery, He made an impression with that statement.

Please, please Niger Deltans, how can one trust your leaders to increased share of derivations when they are reaping you so and the most painful side of it is that you are too blinded, blaming everyone else but yourselves! My heart goes out to the average Niger Deltan gang raped by the Nigerian State and their own leaders!

What the region and indeed the whole of nigeria needs is a change in leadership at all levels. Niger deltans must do more to demand accountability from their Leaders otherwise not even $200 billion per month will change but a few boreholes!

Resource Management first then Resource Control. If not the fight will be on behalf of the elites
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by larez(m): 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
goggs:

Resource Management first then Resource Control. If not the fight will be on behalf of the elites

Very insightful and makes a whole lot of sense.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by toideve(m): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2009
this building is for Beyalsa state not for the Gov, i mean according to d video, so what's cnn up to? why do we keep condemning every initiative by our own? we r just our own enemy. CNN is a fat liar they never c anything good in Nigeria.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
Nigerians keep complaining that CNN tarnishes their image. Yet we continue to give them the opportunity to do so. I'm ashamed of this country .

Toideve, it's the government house. I don't think it brings revenue to the state.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by gReenmAn(m): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2009

Quotable quote. I like that bit.

@post
Before now, Nigerians have been clamoring for a change of guard from the old politicians to younger ones.
To think that Gov Silva embodies the new generation politician gives one the shivers.
His naivety and moronic pride in his "Gloryland Castle" is so so pathetic.

There he was, glorifying "a bit of Roman amphitheater", the Star of David and only God knows what else;
Is there nothing Bayelsan or at least African that could be incorporated in his tourist architectural structure?

No originality, no sense of decorum, befuddled priorities undecided
Ignoramuses at the helms of affairs angry
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by OvieE: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
Nigeria has a problem and the almighty God cannot help them. God will only help you if he sees that you are changing yourself. One in millions will enjoy and live happy with his families while the rests are wasting away. I will continue to say F Nigeria until things change for good. The name Nigeria is a curse. Its need to be change to another name like 419 or scammer or a country were a few enjoy and the rests are goats, fruaters. This will be a good name for starting a new country under Nigeria. If anyone has problem sue me. While will I be happy when my sister, counsin, aunties and uncles that were born in another countries made a promise never to step into that country.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by agitator: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

"Our plan is to dove-tail the Gloryland Castle into the wider vision of Yenagoa of the immediate future, which will be a showpiece city for all Nigerians and the rest of the world to come and enjoy life with a lot to see,” he explained.

This is typical Niger Delta mentality, some who has no house, no food for his children, no good cloths, as soon as he has a windfall will buy the latest cars, while is family is languishing in poverty.  I know of a guy who has a car and recently he bought a jeep, but when you enter his living room the seating whole is junk.  Yet he goes around cruising in his jeep to impress ladies and fkuc all of them. too pathetic.

SapeleGuy:

Perhaps in the next four years, Yenagoa will become one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria if plans afoot are anything to go by. An international airport is being constructed, specifically for cargo operations because Bayelsa is aiming to become the largest producer of paddy rice in Africa in partnership with Thai and Vietnamese experts. It also wants to become the largest producer of fish, in league with Israeli experts.

The airport will serve as a major import and export route when plans to redesign the state’s economy from oil and gas to agriculture, commerce and tourism come to fruition."

The imported rice that you have been eating is brought in by air, any educated person will know that its cheaper to use rail and ship than air for shipping.

[quote][/quote]
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Pennywise(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
The chosen topic for this thread couldnt have captured it better.

larez:

Naija jut dey make people shame when dem travel.

Fortunately Na Gov Silva them ridicule not be me. But these Bayelsa govs why them always like sh.it for body at every given opportunity.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Pennywise(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
And for you Larez you can 4get any Nigerian job coming your way any time soon b/c your position is embarrassing to a PDP leader. Just so you know.

goggs:

While this may sound nice, it demonstrates a lack of understanding of the issues involved. Oil is a finite commodity. By the time you perfect resource management, oil will be long exhausted and there will be nothing left to control. It also suggests that the owner will continue to endure humiliation and psychological defeat until he achieves good resource management. angry angry
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by iniguy(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
Another white elephant?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by igboboy1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Sjeezy8,

you have to be the most primitive nenequa i know.

Everything to you is ethnicity ethncity, yoruba this yoruba that, ah ah

Learn to appreciate other cultures cos I can bet you the whole world doesn't revolve around yoruba's, enjoy the diversity dumbwit
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by yjay(f): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
yeye governor!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by dinggle: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
He just gave the 419ers a tool and a boost to continue their menace to the world, CNN will be helping them as well by airing it, we have silly leaders who take us for a ride all the time what a shameeeeeeeeee.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by kokoA(m): 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Is this real? cry This guy cry deserved to be tied round the waist with a heavy stone and thrown into one of the rivers in the Niger delta. Look at the idiot advertising his ill gotten welth at a time when our children are at home because local government councillors earn more than lecturers. I pity for my country cry cry
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Krayola2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2009
I'm not even sure if i should laugh or cry. This is beyond me. How clueless can one get?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
Krayola2:

I'm not even sure if i should laugh or cry. This is beyond me. How clueless can one get?

Is it that you are sorry the man got caught on camera boasting of his stupidity?

Is the man getting ridiculed by CNN the issue here? Is that what many see as the problem in this?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by tunde300us(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
This is another TINAPA like waste or rather and OBASANJO like library.Its meant to host PDP big wigs when they come to town to, u know now grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Krayola2(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Is it that you are sorry the man got caught on camera boasting of his stupidity?

Is the man getting ridiculed by CNN the issue here? Is that what many see as the problem in this?

lol.

It was funny how clueless the guy is, and how obvious it was that the reporter thought he was a classless idiot with no shame.

But then it's sad how much money goes into such nonsense in a poverty stricken country.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
tunde300us:

This is another TINAPA like waste or rather and OBASANJO like library.Its meant to host PDP big wigs when they come to town to, u know now grin
My thoughts exactly!!! Another wasteful project that has nothing to do with lifting Nigeria but more to do with satisfying the whims of these classless idiots we have in office. The structures has no NIGERIAN element whatsoever. A Roman Coliseum? seriously? How the frell does that help Nigeria or Nigerian tourism industry? And the guts of some to praise this waste. I can't even fathom how anyone can justify this level of waste.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by cap28: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
jesus what a disgrace, the look on that cnn reporters face!!!!!!!!!  you could see that  he was trying so hard to hide his disgust at this braindead bufoon who just didnt get it.  

no wonder they laugh at us they know we're are completely stupid.

the deluded fool continued to ramble on digging himself into an even bigger hole totally oblivious to the fact that the reporter was stitching him up.

tragic
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by TheSeeker(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
igbo boy:

@Sjeezy8,

you have to be the most primitive nenequa i know.

Everything to you is ethnicity ethncity, yoruba this yoruba that, ah ah

Learn to appreciate other cultures cos I can bet you the whole world doesn't revolve around yoruba's, enjoy the diversity dumbwit

Pay that numskull no mind. He's not worth your spit. Just to answer his foolish observations, the best his tribe could produce Nigeria government with was Obasanjo and another friend of his, an agbero, Adedibu.

@Topic: What do you expect of a man who obviously isn't educated?! Who doesn't know that these animals are living on our money and sucking up every thing in the treasure by virtue of forged certificates?! I'm sure if Yaradua is investigated, though a lecturer, he's forged his certificates too. grin grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by snapshot: 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
Our political elite should follow the example of Silver,i mean show to the world their ill gotten wealth, thieves cool
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Jakumo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hugh Hefner ought to consider suing the Bayelsa State governor in response to His Excellency's blatant copy of the famous Playboy Mansion swimming pool grotto, where shocking scenes of wanton debauchery occur with numerous naked women and camera crews in attendance.  

For un-intended humor, one needn't look further than the governor's straight-faced assertion that the oil-pollution impoverished dwellers of the Niger Delta creeks were all welcome to the marble State Mansion for 18 holes of golf, a barbecue picnic in the faux-Roman ampitheater, and a dip in the pool, with the only requirement being the payment of a "small" gate fee.

That surreal declaration was followed in CNN's documentary by images of a bony kid foraging for food from a dugout canoe that floated down an oil-slicked river.  That skeletal figure was presumably one of those being asked over for a round of golf with the rich lootocracy, though he appeared way too preoccupied in his existential search for a morsel to eat, to ever honor that sneering country-club invitation from Governor Hospitality and his cronies.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by greateliso(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
hummmm
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bigben3: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
just imagine the half witted mugu governor showing off his stupidity to the whole world embarassed
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by cap28: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hugh Hefner ought to consider suing the Bayelsa State governor in response to His Excellency's blatant copy of the famous Playboy Mansion swimming pool grotto, where shocking scenes of wanton debauchery occur with numerous naked women and camera crews in attendance.   

For un-intended humor, one needn't look further than the governor's straight-faced assertion that the oil-pollution impoverished dwellers of the Niger Delta creeks were all welcome to the marble State Mansion for 18 holes of golf, a barbecue picnic in the faux-Roman ampitheater, and a dip in the pool, with the only requirement being the payment of a "small" gate fee.

That surreal declaration was followed in CNN's documentary by images of a bony kid foraging for food from a dugout canoe that floated down an oil-slicked river.  That skeletal figure was presumably one of those being asked over for a round of golf with the rich lootocracy, though he appeared way too preoccupied in his existential search for a morsel to eat, to ever honor that sneering country-club invitation from Governor Hospitality and his cronies

hilarious!!!!!!

but what is even more disturbing is the fact that this awful white elephant project is being described as a tourist attraction by some loyal sycophants - who in their right mind would want to come and visit that pile of junk?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by r231(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2009
na wa o
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bigboyslim(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
I think most people are mis interpreting the house. If i'm correct it is state property and not the governor's private property. All he is doing is trying to show case the architectural master piece that their State can boast of. Its not personal property built with stolen money. You people need to chill already.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
Public property of not, that level of waste is unacceptable in a state where over 70% of the population live in squalor. Why does the government house need to look like that? What is NIGERIAN in the architecture? What architectural masterpiece are you speaking of? That waste is a simply copy of buildings from around the world. WHY DOES THE STATE need this? Is this what tourism is about? Why is it so massive? I mean what exactly is the point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bode George: PDP Must Conduct Fresh Convention If North Picks 2023 Ticket / Kano Court Fixes April 17 For Ganduje, Wife, Son’s Arraignment / Atiku Hails Army Over Arrest Of Killer Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.