Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,363 members, 7,937,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights (40865 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by deprince0(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
Although no source but its newsworthy and would really appreciate if this was real.

Teaching a child God/Religion is denying them of basic science to explore the world that's why religion has been banned in school in Australia and Netherland.

Teach a child how to think not what to think.
Foolish mind. Why do we want to erase God in our conscience. I will prefer to die to have this implemented. When you take away godliness from a child then what do u teach the child? I believe, you teach her amy winehouse who died of drug abuse or u teach him tupac shakur and snoop doggy dog. Teach the child tuface and tiwa savage. I repeat i rather die than not teaching my child godliness. At the end of the day, the same govf will judge my child and jail him for crime. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by NaWetinDey(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
This didn't come from the UN. If it did, then it's misquoted.
There's no way the UN can condemn taking children to church without condemning taking children to mosque.

It simply doesn't add.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
Until they get out of my house and start paying their own bills or get married.. I OWN YOU Biatches grin grin grin
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Negodu: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
Some news are not worth any comment.
Who's even United in United Nations? Fool.s!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by bionixs: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
MY BROTHER, DONT MIND THOSE IDIOTS ,THAT WAS HOW THEY ARRIVED AT MEN GETTING MARRIED TO MEN AND WOMEN SAME
Project400:
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, given our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by waldigit: 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
falcon01:
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA

But did that report explain to the children who their creator is?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by rowspoetry(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
buharisbae:
Now everybody can attest to the fact that the devil truly hails from the US! this is like the most useless thing I've seen in my life so I shouldn't take my child to church by force? abi are u the one that gave me the child to train? all this westerner be thinking with their anus! now I can say we are truly in the END TIME!
end time indeed, God help us! who knows what they will say tomorrow.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by largie(f): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
Telling me how to raise my child violates my right

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by SamMilla1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
herbie27:
I can only defend my faith.

Christianity has never been forced on any1.

Choose a church of ur choice and follow the bible as ur guild.

So christians aren't.

Wow, that's cool. I like the way you put it. M
Chose a Church if your choice.

Isn't it the same thing the UN said here?

How does children chose the Church of their choices?

Did you chose the Church you attend now or were you just taken there when you knew nothing about Church?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Project400:
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, given our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.

Your analogy is fundamentally flawed. The Adam and Eve story is based on unverifiable and unfalsifiable 'truth' claims. Conversely, however, evolutionary biology and scientific knowledge are based on empirically testable, falsifiable and verifiable facts. I still maintain that the problem with the Nigerian education system is that it fails to promote critical thinking and rational autonomy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by tabithababy(f): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Yes, we should take them to arabic schools so they can become terrorist and bomb like osama bin laden. undecided cheesy.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by mbz101(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Weting Unite inside United Nation ?

Matthew :19 v 14
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Anyway it's not worth fighting over only does with wisdom , knowledge and understanding will know how to go about this . As for me and my household we are not going to fight for religion but we will fight for our salvation . May God help me .
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by ZiggyMr(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Anti Christ everywhere, no un report should tell me how I ll raise my child. In the first place, why is this report focusing on Christianity and Britain alone, isn't this happening in Saudi and other Muslim world too.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by mbz101(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Weting Unite inside United Nation ?

Matthew :19 v 14
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Anyway it's not worth fighting over only does with wisdom , knowledge and understanding will know how to go about this . As for me and my household we are not going to fight for religion but we will fight for our salvation . May God help me .
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by omocheche(f): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
This why I miss my grandfather these people for don receive slap for their faces cos na this kind nonsense she no dey won hear. The child na your child? Una dey there when I push am? The Bible says train up a child the way he should go and when he grows he will not depart from it. Where I came from when a woman give birth to a child 8days later the parent and family members including your pastor or pastors will gather to celebrate the child for a naming ceremony and the 3rd or 5th the parent takes the child to church for dedication, this is so because we know that every good thing come from God so the child will be dedicated back to God, you will make a promise to God and men that you will bring up that child in the ways of God & so you live to fulfill those promise. So UN go find your place at pit of hell abeg
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by yahmohy27: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
frenchwine:

I tell you, it's even worse with Islam where little kids are literally forced by alfas and subjected to life changing flogging just to read and master the Quran.
There can't be a worse form of slavery than this.
Is Britain an Islamic Sate
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Acidosis(m): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
EreluY:

Your analogy is fundamentally flawed. The Adam and Eve story is based on unverifiable and unfalsifiable 'truth' claims. Conversely, however, evolutionary biology and scientific knowledge are based on empirically testable, falsifiable and verifiable facts. I still maintain that the problem with the Nigerian education system is that it fails to promote critical thinking and rational autonomy.

You're not making sense. Those who travel to Jerusalem, Israel, etc., go there to eat Akara and pap, right?

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
SamMilla1:

Wow, that's cool. I like the way you put it. M
Chose a Church if your choice.

Isn't it the same thing the UN said here?

How does children chose the Church of their choices?

Did you chose the Church you attend now or were you just taken there when you knew nothing about Church?
As as adult i chose my church, did your child choose the mosque he/she will worship in?, No.

Did your child choose the kind of school he/she will love to attend?, No.

Did your child choose the subjects he/ she will love to focus on?, "No" maths and english have been forced down our throats.

God is God, and when ever a mortal thinks he's greater than God, God shows him he's miles away.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Everything about the western world is becoming more anti God by the day. Serpent seeds. I wonder what the policy says about taking children to the mosque.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Acidosis:

You're not making sense. Those who travel to Jerusalem, Israel, etc., go there to eat Akara and pap, right?

It clearly wouldn't make sense to NEDs who quintessentially lack intellectual sophistication.

3 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by achorladey: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Deuteronomy 6:4-9. Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. 5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength. 6 These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, 7 and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as a reminder on your hand, and they must be like a headband on your forehead. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

When the laws or resolution of man comes in conflict with that of the sovereign ruler of the universe obey God as ruler rather than men.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Sunday1310(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
HOW ABOUT MOSQUES?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by mbz101(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
EreluY:

Who be this one wey jst dey bla bla bal , English seems to be ur problem . You talk abt pratical and u had qty education?so as common sense . history should hv redirect ur narrow mind .
You talk like a Man without source . Before you check ur science , sit back and study History . Wikipedia should guide u .

Scholar wey read inside book without reading the context .

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by omoneyoj(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
Although no source but its newsworthy and would really appreciate if this was real.

Teaching a child God/Religion is denying them of basic science to explore the world that's why religion has been banned in school in Australia and Netherland.

Teach a child how to think not what to IP think.
Have efficient is thinking when comes to reality?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
EreluY:

It clearly wouldn't make sense to NEDs who quintessentially lack intellectual sophistication.
Your points were that of a lost soul.

Listen to "nobody greater by vashawn" and stop giving us ur vocabulary.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Lionsclaw: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:

go to hell I dont need school or sunday school teacher to teach my kid the word of God. I read the bible to them as bedtime story. Oya you and your satanic UN break into my house and come and check if I am reading bible or cinderilla to them na.
Bottomline this cannot stop christianity it will only make parents wake up and teach their kids themselves.

PS. There is a way God works; 5000 kids born today who never heard the word of God before can recieve the Holy Spirit and behave instantly like hardcore christians. It's mostly about power not about pyschology tongue tongue tongue
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by lepasharon(f): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
tabithababy:
Yes, we should take them to arabic schools so they can become terrorist and bomb like osama bin laden. undecided cheesy.

No we should take them to christian schools so when they grow up, they will become pastors and learn how to suck members of their church dry and make them eat grass undecided cheesy

3 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by kode12: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:

How does teaching a child about God stop the child from critical reasoning? Sometimes I don't get you guys.Have you bothered to really check and see that the bible has at all times been scientifically correct?Even God and the bible doesn't encourage being "zombified" rather it asks humans to be thoughtful and make evidence-based decisions.No doubt the proliferation of variants of Christianity isn't helping but that is in itself as a result humans refusing to properly study the bible and God itself. Have an open mind don't just follow the agnostic trend to feel modern or enlightened
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by tabithababy(f): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
lepasharon:

No we should take them to christian schools so when they grow up, they will become pastors and learn how to suck members of their church dry and make them eat grass undecided cheesy
. Who is this. I don't remember talking to you. undecided
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
achorladey:
Deuteronomy 6:4-9. Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. 5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength. 6 These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, 7 and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as a reminder on your hand, and they must be like a headband on your forehead. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

When the laws or resolution of man comes in conflict with that of the sovereign ruler of the universe obey God as ruler rather than men.

I wonder how much you truly know about the authorship of the books of the Bible. The OT (from where the above quote comes) essentially contains the history of the Jewish people interspersed by ancient Mesopotamian folklores and mythologies. This is akin to the historical account of the Yorubas which features all sorts of Ile Ife permutation and Lamurudu concoctions. That people, especially Africans, still cling--literally--to these nonsense when the Europeans who actually propagated the concepts in the 19th century no longer consider them as logically viable propositions truly amazes me, personally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Dav24(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Telling a child to wear cloth is a violation of his right, taking a child to school is child abuse, telling a child to exhibit good conduct is a violation of his rigit, the world is getting worst because of foolish ideas like this one.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by smite(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:

Spot On Man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Pastor David Wilson's Sex Video / Pastor Adeboye Arrested & Ordered To Do Frog Jump - Endtime Magazine / Miracle In Indian Church That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.