Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,827 members, 7,930,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:09 AM

But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (36988 Views)

Members Carrying Their Pastor While Preaching (Video, Photo) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / T.B. Joshua Is Too Small To Allow Someone Speak Against Men Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by sekundosekundo: 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Omaai:
It's in situations like this that your faith is tried. But it's really difficult which is why I understand the Atheists, I mean she was preaching the word of God & he couldn't save her. Why

All soul belongs to God and He have the power to take any soul irrespective of the Circumstance and have nothing to lose and cannot be questioned. If the woman in question was born again in deed, I envy her.

1 Like

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by achorladey: 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
if you can answer this question...... Why does God allow suffering? You will get answers to your question. God sovereignty is involved and Satan had thrown the gauntlet to every man on earth as recorded in Job 2:4 A man will give everything that he has for his life.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Aiykegenihus:
Here is 'the' answer u seek which everyone hve telling u in there respective dialect. Here is a dialect u understands. LOVE is the only reason it seems to u dt God is nt acting, He is rather patient and compelled by His LOVE to trust our decisions,to trust that we will definitely come to see the best among our many choices. The bible talks abt hw much God loves us which u v noticed, but wit love comes freewill n trust. I dnt say I love u n nt allow u mk choices,perfect love cast out fear. When He starts interfering in everytin then trust is lacking which automatically translates to no love. If u r still unable to tell wat tomorrow brings then hw can u identify which event is for good or not, haven't u heard of misses that outweighs gain? U see my friend God's only thought toward us is for good u might nt be able to connect the dots now but He can. LOVE my friend is the only inherent reason why such freedom is seen.
Love is the reason for contradiction?

StockHolm Syndrome. definitely.
JoeCutie:
I give up.
hold the door.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by kingDELE(m): 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
My Christian bredren wasting deir tym on missed pple
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by iamord(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
musicwriter:

South Africa isn't doing better than any other African nation. However, the only reason it appears that way is because the British invested their loots right there in South Africa, since they were not planning leaving the country.

If wealth stolen from other African nations were invested in our respective nations, some countries like Congo, Benin Republic, Ghana, Nigeria would've been the wealthiest nations on earth, not just in Africa.

Religion has little or nothing to do with our underdevelopment. Some of the most religious countries are also the wealthiest, though mostly their native religion, but its still religion.

USA = christianity
South Korea = christianity
Israel = Judaism
China = Taoism and Confucianism
Japan = Shinto and Buddhism
Germany = christianity (Angela Merkel is a christian). In fact her party is called Christian Democratic Union of Germany.

The system of education handed down to us by colonial masters (which is not education in the real sense) is the root cause of poverty in Africa.
the tooth cause of property in Africa is the average black man brain.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by musicwriter(m): 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
iamord:
the tooth cause of property in Africa is the average black man brain.

And, there's a reason why that is.

Average blackman enslaved, colonized and brainwashed via education.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Omaai(f): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
sekundosekundo:

All soul belongs to God and He have the power to take any soul irrespective of the Circumstance and have nothing to lose and cannot be questioned. If the woman in question was born again in deed, I envy her.
Yes he has the power but what happened to him being a Just God. She didn't just die like that, imagine the way & manner she was murdered. The children, family she left behind. She didn't ask to be martyr
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by iamord(m): 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
musicwriter:

And, there's a reason why that is.

Average blackman enslaved, colonized and brainwashed via education.
Yeah but through the events of evolution and how blacks reacted to it. Blacks became mentally vulnerable else colonisation would not have been successful to that large extent.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is a song I composed for Nigerian. Your help in sharing it around will go a long way. Religion won't solve our problems, only LOVE can. pls goto https://www.nairaland.com/3209114/war-front-mp3
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by suteco16: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
That is the reason why He is God!
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by kaylo31(m): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
God does not owe any man an explanation so those who are waiting for evidence that there is heaven are dreaming. We walk by faith and not by sight. In all situations good or bad, we still say Thank you to God. That is the life of a christian.

1 Like

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:

Ok fine. But Y God no they answer when calling on him for rescue at the point of persecution ? The woman that was killed in abuja yesterday was shouting blood of jesus while her body was being mutilated by her killer... Why would God decide to keep silent when one of his worshipers is experiencing a physical agony when he can easily rescue him ? But Y ? Just like a father who send his son on an errand, on the way, his son fell into a big water and d son was calling him for help, intentionally, d father was just looking at the son while he was shouting and getting covered by the water, whereas the father is in good position to rescue the son ... Bros what do you have to say of such father ?

I would say Evil, useless, and insensitive father! That father is a deadbeat! cool
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by PRESTIGERYHME(f): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
UndisputedBosom:
Take your cry elsewhere "attention seeker".

There is a better life after this wicked one we are living now and is called "paradise" besides they only killed her body and not her soul which is the most important one wink

very tru
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by musicwriter(m): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
iamord:
Yeah but through the events of evolution and how blacks reacted to it. Blacks became mentally vulnerable else colonisation would not have been successful to that large extent.

Evolution got nothing to do with it, cause there were no significant difference between development in Europe and Africa by the 1200-1400 century.

Be informed, once upon a time in human history Africa was the most advanced continent. When the Dutch first arrived Benin kingdom in Nigeria around the 1600 century they were so shocked about the rate of development they saw over here, so much that their expedition leader had to report back to Europe saying ''The town seem to be very great. When you enter into it you go into a great broad street, well paved, which seems to be seven or eight times broader than the Warmoes street in Amsterdam.

The king’s palace is a collection of buildings which occupy as much space as the town of Harlem, and which is enclosed with walls. There are numerous apartments for the Prince’s ministers and fine galleries, most of which are as big as those on the exchange at Amsterdam. They are supported by wooden pillars encased with copper, where their victories are depicted, and which are carefully kept very clean.

The town is composed of thirty main streets, very straight and 120 feet wide, apart from an infinity of small intersecting streets. The houses are close to one another, arranged in good order. These people are in no way inferior to the Dutch. They wash and scrub their houses so well that they are polished and shinning like glass''.
And this scenario wasn't peculiar to Benin Kingdom. The Ashanti king in ancient Ghana kingdom was so rich that his official seat was made of REAL gold. Africa was extremely very prosperous before Europe made contact with us.

As a matter of fact, the British stole a lot of artworks from Oba Ovonramwen palace after they captured the king in late 1800 century. Why would they want to steal a substandard artwork?.

Binis were the first people to develop copper or brass cast artwork, long before Europeans or any of the known world at the time. Their artworks were so superior to Europeans at that time, such that it was and is still a subject of display in museums worldwide. In fact, white people have refused to return artworks stolen from Bini emoire, cause they're so precious.

But everything changed once Europe made contact with us around 1400 AD. We became conquered and were no longer in charge of our destiny. Instead of developing our lands, African natural and human resources were being used to develop Europe. Therefore, we lost steam and were thrown into total darkness as a people for over 400 years!. But, within this 400 years Europe entered the age of technology and industrial revolution, all made possible by exploitation of Africa. Trains were built, cars built, advance in physics, chemistry, biology, e.t.c happened within this period, but sadly Africa was never a part of this technological revolution. Just imagine where a people could not make a single development for 400 years!.

Worst of it all is that before leaving they installed a brainwashing education to keep us in perpetual imperial control in absentia- which is the same thing you've noticed as ''something wrong with the brain of blackman'' in Africa. Our current situation is as a result of many years of slavery, colonialism, intimidation, fake education/mis-education/indoctrination.

This fake education is our worst undoing today as its not allowing us understand we're in a new form of slavery. What's worse than a slave who doesn't know he's a slave??.

Please go read ''How Europe underdeveloped Africa'' by Dr. Walter Rodney.

1 Like

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Abra4real(m): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have heard many cases of God's word preachers who have been killed, slaughtered and brutally mutilated while preaching or on other duties in respect to biblical God's commandment. Many were burnt alive while withing the church premises praying and praising God, many captured and were easily slaughtered, many were captured within their own house, raped and eventually killed and many more cases like that.

Seriously, all these occurrences left me with one critical question that has been dominating my mind for years, that why would God keep silent while such horrific murder is being unleashed on his consistent servant ? Why can't God, weather spiritually or physically, prevent such tragedy, to at least encourage other worshipers and consolidate the believe that God is truly mighty as it is being claimed. Preventing such tragedy, to me, has the efficacy of preventing many people from waking up one day and start thinking at all weather God exist or not.
Should we say our so called popular pastors, knows that there is no divine assistance they can enjoy while facing assassinating temptation and that is why most of them move all around with sophisticated security outfit...

I beg, rational whosiper should come to my rescue in answering this question ooo...

Think about this for a while. If you want more, I'll surely deliver it to you.

Matthew 10:16-18 says,

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by netmillionaires(m): 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
If Buhari were to have the power to force us to act in a certain way and chose to exercise the power, what will you call him? A dictator? Let's start from there?
tayooluwole:

See what u ur self said, he gave us ability to do GOOD or BAD.... So na my fault say God give me ability to do bad thing ? Forget, if he dosnt want bad thing to be done in d first place, he wouldn't have given us option of doing bad... Na confirm I they tell u
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by chisunday(m): 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
Earnestly contend for the FAITH which was once given, without FAITH it is impossible to please God. We walk by FAITH and not by sight. FAITH is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen,by this the elders obtained a good report during their life time.All of you should have FAITH in God if you want to serve him,and if you serve him,he will not neglect nor disappoint you.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by kaylo31(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
As regards the envangelist who was murdered while doing God's work, she is in heaven and she rejoices because she is where every christian desires to be. I also work to be where she is. I dont care how i die,I cant even chose how i die, bt i care where i will go to when i die. Irrespective of your religion or beliefs, you cant chose how,where or when you die. And u must die sumday.
Yes she left a family behind, and as an evangelist her desire is for her family to join her in heaven, Unless you experience Jesus personally, you can never understand the ways of God.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by chisunday(m): 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Our ingress into this world is NAKED and BARE, our progress in this work is TROUBLE and CARE, and our egress out of this work is NOBODY knows but if we do well HERE we shall do WELL THERE
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by oglalasioux(m): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
If the woman survived the attack there will be a thanksgiving for God's goodness and triumph. Now that she's dead it becomes God's will for her to enjoy in heaven. Religion will never cease to amaze me.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by DedeNkem: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:
I have heard many cases of God's word preachers who have been killed, slaughtered and brutally mutilated while preaching or on other duties in respect to biblical God's commandment. Many were burnt alive while withing the church premises praying and praising God, many captured and were easily slaughtered, many were captured within their own house, raped and eventually killed and many more cases like that.

Seriously, all these occurrences left me with one critical question that has been dominating my mind for years, that why would God keep silent while such horrific murder is being unleashed on his consistent servant ? Why can't God, weather spiritually or physically, prevent such tragedy, to at least encourage other worshipers and consolidate the believe that God is truly mighty as it is being claimed. Preventing such tragedy, to me, has the efficacy of preventing many people from waking up one day and start thinking at all weather God exist or not.
Should we say our so called popular pastors, knows that there is no divine assistance they can enjoy while facing assassinating temptation and that is why most of them move all around with sophisticated security outfit...

I beg, rational whosiper should come to my rescue in answering this question ooo...

Because religion is crap! There is no invincible god in the sky! Humans created religion as a tool to control and manipulate people, which unfortunately works!

Do you know there are more than 4,200 religions? And each of them claimed theirs is the only true religion. Do you know there are more than 40,000 christian denominations? And every denomination claimed theirs is the only way to the true god.

Check this link;
Why there is no god?
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by mechanics(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
If u read d comment of d woman to her husband wen she told her husband dat d last time she went out to preach, people were talking abt her, den her husband told her to b careful, mayb she ignored her husband's advice, where she was preaching was close to a mosque and during dat time muslims do observe their prayers, atleast she shud ave gone a little far from dem inorder nt to cause confusion, so dats wat made one of d men to order people to pursue her instead she was stoned, wen doing the things of God we have to be wise, God is watching and those people dat killed her, wil face d judgement.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by egobetatoday: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:

Yes, no weapon fashion against me shall prosper... The way extremist weapon they take prosper against christians of now a days is bad...

people who dont read the bible. hehehehe.

go and search for this verse cos i wont tell you where it is...in this world you will face tribulations, but be of good cheer for I (JESUS) have overcome the world. They can only kill her body (to enjoy 72 WIDE -EYED VIRGINS). THey cant kill her soul.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by egobetatoday: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
DedeNkem:

Because religion is crap! There is no invincible god in the sky! Humans created religion as a tool to control and manipulate people, which unfortunately works!

Do you know there are more than 4,200 religions? And each of them claimed theirs is the only true religion. Do you know there are more than 40,000 christian denominations? And every denomination claimed theirs is the only way to the true god.

Check this link;
Why there is no god?

why is it only one religion that is known world over for their wickedness and brutallity? I mean ...no other religion but islam.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Oeakin: 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:

It happened to John the Baptist, even he was in the prison he sent his disciples to Jesus Christ but nothing was done.what I want to say here is God allows some thing to happen we can not query God that is why 1 Sam 2: 6, when Hannah was glorifying God she said the Lord killeth and maketh alive,he bringeth down to the grave and he bringeth up in other words is unquestionable God.

1 Like

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by shine12: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:

Since he gave men free will to do anything they like, then there is no sin in killing or do anything what so ever as long as it suits u

I think the beauty of humans that no other creature has is the freewill as we saw in Cain and Abel.We have the will to be an Abel or a Cain but we need to know that God will judge the unrepentant sinner.
In closing,I paraphrase a scripture in Deuteronomy which says I set before you life and death-God being a loving Father,He even gave us expo"The expo is choose life that you may live".The armed robbers that choose the way of death and every other sinners that fails to repent will eventually be judged.

Shalom.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by malachytochukwu(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
You made a point. However, see it from this point of view. As you are, you may not likely harm anyone even if you were to go Scott free, but these guys are busy maming and killing others. What this tells you is that these people are acting under the influence of an external force. (Devil's directive).(And it's really easy for God to destroy them even before they approach his worshipoers). It's actually the devil's desire to see that these possessed guys get killed in the act of killing God's people so that their souls will be lost to God forever. Unfortunately, that's not what God wants, he desires to save everyone because he created us all. He would prefer to allow a believer to die (knowing full well that his soul is secured with him) and allowing these possessed murderers to be given another chance to repent and be saved. You may also want to argue that God should have prevented the devil from entering inside of them. Yes, God does prevent the devil from entering any of his true worshipper, however we all have our choices of making ourselves available to God's Providence (Since he willingly denied himself of meddling with man's decisions) otherwise, we make ourselves available to the devil's Providence in which case we suffer what has been reserved exclusively for the devil.
tayooluwole:

Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by Image123(m): 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
tayooluwole:

It's all a matter of perspective.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by malachytochukwu(m): 11:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
You made a point. However, see it from this point of view. As you are, you may not likely harm anyone even if you were to go Scott free, but these guys are busy maming and killing others. What this tells you is that these people are acting under the influence of an external force. (Devil's directive).(And it's really easy for God to destroy them even before they approach his worshipoers). It's actually the devil's desire to see that these possessed guys get killed in the act of killing God's people so that their souls will be lost to God forever. Unfortunately, that's not what God wants, he desires to save everyone because he created us all. He would prefer to allow a believer to die (knowing full well that his soul is secured with him) and allowing these possessed murderers to be given another chance to repent and be saved. You may also want to argue that God should have prevented the devil from entering inside of them. Yes, God does prevent the devil from entering any of his true worshipper, however we all have our choices of making ourselves available to God's Providence (Since he willingly denied himself of meddling with man's decisions) otherwise, we make ourselves available to the devil's Providence in which case we suffer what has been reserved exclusively for the devil.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by DedeNkem: 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
egobetatoday:

why is it only one religion that is known world over for their wickedness and brutallity? I mean ...no other religion but islam.

Firstly, you singled out one religion out of more 4,200 religions to make your dumb comment. What about other religions?

Secondly, do you know there was a time Christianity was as violent as today's Islam?
Read this to learn;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by sekundosekundo: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=Omaai post=47443781]
Yes he has the power but what happened to him being a Just God. She didn't just die like that, imagine the way & manner she was murdered. The children, family she left behind. She didn't ask to be martyr[/quo

The way she died is also part of her calling.
Re: But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? by GhaliNaaba(m): 11:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Be someone with sound scriptural background.......
Act Chapter 7
Steven was killed for the name of Jesus Christ sake.
56] And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

[57] Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

[58] And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
So its not new

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Psalm 23 In Pidgin / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) / Drawing Of Pastor E. A. Adeboye By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.