Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach (9321 Views)

Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma / Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen / Throwback Photo Of Keshi & Amodu By NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Austin Eguavoen: I am also being owed by NFF, says ex Super Eagles coach

The former Super Eagles manager hinted that lack of motivation resulting from delayed payment of financial entitlements, is one of the cause of poor performance of athletes in competitions.

Austin Eguavoen, an ex Super Eagles player and coach, has revealed in an interview with Tana Aiyejin of Punchng, that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), is yet to pay him his outstanding wages.

Eguavoen was making comments concerning why Nigerian athletes do not have the country at heart when they represent the country. He puts it simply as lack of motivation.

The former coach said, "People have been talking of coaches being owed here and there. I’m also being owed, not by (Pinnick) Amaju’s board but by the past administration. But it’s still the Nigeria Football Federation."

"I have called Amaju several times, I have called Musa Amadu and he apologised, I have called everybody but nobody has said anything about it."

"So, I’m not going to cry over it. Who would blame any Nigerian athlete who doesn’t give his best to the country? When you get hurt, you will be left to your fate."

Currently, the NFF are seeking to appoint a new Super Eagles coach to manage the team to success. Many candidates have reportedly lined up for the job.

However, the Nigeria football body seems to have its eyes set on getting the service of Frenchman, Paul Le Guen.

Concerning why he did not apply for the job, Eguavoen said, "For the Eagles job, I don’t think I want it right now because I’m trying to leave the country so that I can improve myself."

"If you count the first three coaches in this country today, I’m among the knowledgeable ones and I know that. But why I’m not being called to the national team is what I don’t know."

"A coach is as good as his last game, so if I’m employed today, you will raise eyebrows and ask questions. So, not until I put my house in order first, and I come back bigger, leave me out of the Eagles job, he added.

http://pulse.ng/sports/football/austin-eguavoen-i-am-being-owed-by-nff-says-ex-super-eagles-coach-id5247115.html

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by robosky02(m): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
just a couple of days ago
we read:

I hope NFF pay me while I’m alive, FIFA may still ban Nigeria – Oliseh

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/08/i-hope-nff-pay-me-while-im-alive-fifa-may-still-ban-nigeria-oliseh/

and NOW Euavon that last coached us years back

guys how can we resolve the issue of Unpaid salary

because AMODU and KESHI had to die (may their soul rest in peace) before that they wee paid

And now they want a new coach:

lets go there

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF is a poorly run organisation.

Needs some reforming.

8 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by princebaby(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Buhari don fly again?

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by myners007: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Westerhof will soon cried out over unpaid salaries

3 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF and owing of salary is like

21 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by DrMustafa(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
In NUPE voice; kubetin grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by korel9: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
robosky02:

just a couple of days ago
we read:

I hope NFF pay me while I’m alive, FIFA may still ban Nigeria – Oliseh

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/08/i-hope-nff-pay-me-while-im-alive-fifa-may-still-ban-nigeria-oliseh/

and NOW Euavon that last coached us years back

guys how can we resolve the issue of Unpaid salary

because AMODU and KESHI had to die (may their soul rest in peace) before that they wee paid

And now they want a new coach:

lets go there

lalasticlala

Let's ask Bubu especially now that he wears expensive Gucci shoes undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF have been owing coaches since the days of Noah

embarassed
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by musleraq67(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF and their matter sef
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Omeny: 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF, see ur life out side, you are owning everybody including myself.

We are waiting to hear from High Chief of Modakeke, Christian Chukwu,Westerhof,Bagti Vogts,Largerback etc.

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by jtjohn(m): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF and owning of salaries are like bread and butter...........how do u expect them to deliver there job very well when u owed them...........the civil servant are not also left out.........pay them there due wages.
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
A thorough clean-up need to be done at the Glass house because this is now becoming worrisome.

Anyway, we're waiting to hear from Bonfere Jo if he is owed or not owed by NFF too.
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mr Eguavoen,la economy la bad...

listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by jeje123(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sorry bro, follow normal procedure and ur money would be paid.
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Raymondreigns(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Me too av nt been paid since I started supporting Nigeria..I tried calling NFF but deir numba is saying out of service!!!
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Reference(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
NFF is a poorly run organisation.

Needs some reforming.

That is what happens when government gets involved in business. It just doesn't work. Sports in the 21st century is a purely commercial, purely business oriented enterprise. How many sports remain in the amateur ranks. Which country doesn't pay its athletes and rewards same for success. Does this sound like the civil service...., no. Until we admit that government cannot handle sports the way they couldn't handle telecoms, airports, power and petroleum, we cannot move forward. All we need is the NSC to regulate to ensure their pet sins of federal character and resource control are protected. Just leave the rest to the private sector. Give the NFF a commercial face and watch most of those problems vanish into thin air. And now that government appears not to have any moneys to do anything at present, this is the opportunity for sports to delaminate itself from the state and forge its own identity. Are there any takers.

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by ritababe(f): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
they even still owe Lars lagggerback.
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by gbaskiboy: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF and Debt they are like bread and butter
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by markDT2(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
That's why world class coaches will continually elude us
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by nerodenero: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
Government should not run sports. It's bad business if they do. Until we eradicate, remove, destroy, yo kuro as Yorubas would say "decree 101", Nigeria football will never have any meaningful structure.

After being owed, Eguavon still looking to coaching Eagles in future when government's exit isn't certain!!!
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by hazyfm: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
NFF onigbese
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Miscellaneous(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Stingy NFF ni
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by meltiplexer: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
dason4life:
NFF have been owing coaches since the days of Noah

embarassed

what is the names of those coaches that are being owing in the days of Noah? because i am executive member of NFF so that will can start processing their payment. Naijabet man say so

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by belloadebowale: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
it is due to briexit and logistical reasons.nff owed me too
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Kangol99(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
K
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by DLuciano: 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
DrMustafa:
In NUPE voice; kubetin grin
showonor? grin
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Ryda(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
While some are busy stealing the money as if it their father's inheritance others are being denied of their salaries

God is watching them baskard politicians
All for them. angry
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by SweetJoystick(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
Why NFF no go owe una when una dey demand armed robber operation pay, 5m for doing nothing, yet una no dey deliver

(1) (2) (Reply)

Challenge With Bet365 / FIBA Ranks D’tigress 19th After Fine W’cup Outing / Winners Golden Bet Introduces Special Bonanza For Their Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.