Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,617 members, 7,878,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach (9322 Views)

Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma / Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen / Throwback Photo Of Keshi & Amodu By NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by kennyten10(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
THIS PIECE IS FOR EVERY SHALLOW-MINDED FANS OUT THERE WHO HAVE BEEN BLAMING SUNDAY OLISEH FOR DOING WHAT MOST NIGERIAN POLITICIANS WONT DO ; HE DID SOMETHING MOST FOREIGN COACHES DID TO OUR CORRUPT NFF, EVEN BETTER; HE WAS JUST TOO FULL OF INTEGRITY TO RESIGN FROM A CORRUPT SYSTEM...
robosky02:
Austin Eguavoen: I am also being owed by NFF, says ex Super Eagles coach

The former Super Eagles manager hinted that lack of motivation resulting from delayed payment of financial entitlements, is one of the cause of poor performance of athletes in competitions.

Austin Eguavoen, an ex Super Eagles player and coach, has revealed in an interview with Tana Aiyejin of Punchng, that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), is yet to pay him his outstanding wages.

Eguavoen was making comments concerning why Nigerian athletes do not have the country at heart when they represent the country. He puts it simply as lack of motivation.

The former coach said, "People have been talking of coaches being owed here and there. I’m also being owed, not by (Pinnick) Amaju’s board but by the past administration. But it’s still the Nigeria Football Federation."

"I have called Amaju several times, I have called Musa Amadu and he apologised, I have called everybody but nobody has said anything about it."

"So, I’m not going to cry over it. Who would blame any Nigerian athlete who doesn’t give his best to the country? When you get hurt, you will be left to your fate."

Currently, the NFF are seeking to appoint a new Super Eagles coach to manage the team to success. Many candidates have reportedly lined up for the job.

However, the Nigeria football body seems to have its eyes set on getting the service of Frenchman, Paul Le Guen.

Concerning why he did not apply for the job, Eguavoen said, "For the Eagles job, I don’t think I want it right now because I’m trying to leave the country so that I can improve myself."

"If you count the first three coaches in this country today, I’m among the knowledgeable ones and I know that. But why I’m not being called to the national team is what I don’t know."

"A coach is as good as his last game, so if I’m employed today, you will raise eyebrows and ask questions. So, not until I put my house in order first, and I come back bigger, leave me out of the Eagles job, he added.

http://pulse.ng/sports/football/austin-eguavoen-i-am-being-owed-by-nff-says-ex-super-eagles-coach-id5247115.html
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by easyelliot(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
It goes beyond football....... My father and my wife's father are being owed......one is dead and the other is elderly.....the burden has fallen on us his children.

We Nigerians are plagued by bad leaders who charm us when they need us but step over us to get what they want.....to be the next billionaire based not on any innovation, but based on ill gotten gains.

I say this with 100 % conviction, any body who has mixed ethnicity and one of those choices is Nigeria....my advice for them is to represent the other country.

Nigeria does not remember the past nor do they care, so why will I tell the next generation to sacrifice for Nigeria.

PLEASE PAY OUR PATRIOTS BEFORE THEY ALL DROP DEAD AND WE START SHEDDING CROCODILLE TEARS
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by rhames(m): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
There is nothing good in NFF Contract in the first place beyond the pride of serving the Nation.
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Freiburger(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yeye. A bunch of debtors undecided
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by brojoshua: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
All of you who are being owned by NFF has your money in stomach of nff leaders and looters
Re: Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach by Deejaygold(m): 3:52am On Jul 12, 2016
Bonfree Jo will also cry about unpaid salary after Atlanta '96 Olympics angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry / Yahaya Gaku Dies In Kaduna Hospital / The Best Striker In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.